5 Years later

EraSeek

It happens!

I just looked at some of the oldest TBs, starting with TB1. Most old TBs were either never activated, or have stopped moving, or are held by someone who logs them in and out of caches or shows them off at events.

The oldest TB that is still actually circulating is TB36, but it too had disappeared at one point for several years before continuing its journey.

The oldest TB that has continued to move continuously appears to be TB55.

Edited by shunra

Just before Christmas we were in Florida and one of the caches we went was just overflowing with TB's. I traded a couple and wrote down the rest of the numbers. When we got back to the hotel and started logging them, we realized every single one of them was missing from caches in the Northeast, some for as long as 2 1/2 years. The cache was far enough from the hotel that we weren't going to make it back to that area so I researched the caches in the area and found an experienced cacher and emailed her. She went and rescued all of the TB's and sent them back out into the world. It does happen sometimes and it's a beautiful thing when it does.

Saw this thread and had to reply. A few months back I found a bug that had been missing for 5 years as well. I was so excited that I actually wrote to the owner who had not been active for a few years either and asked if I could adopt it. They actually replied back and said that they were planning on starting to cache again and would like to hold on to it (although they are still not active) so I released back out into th ether. It gave me hope that the bugs that I have released that have gone missing in the short amount of time that I have been caching will show up again some time.