Please be carful it is hunting season

Here in Western North Carolina (WNC) it is currently muzzle loader season for this week here but many parts of the country have either started hunting seasons or will soon be starting, particularly dear season. I always make sure of what I'm aiming at but not all hunters are careful. No matter what your opinion of hunting, the fact is if your moving around in the woods and you get shot whether is was wrong, accident or whatever your still shot, probably dead. Do yourself a favor and wear something blaze or hunter orange.

Also in WNC mountains wildlife gamelands (government hunting lands) are marked with yellow or orange gates that they open in the fall easy way to know where your at.

maybe some others could post on here how other states mark gamelands, I'm curious how SC and TN are marked because while I wont be hunting dear in those states I do plan on hunting some caches.

Here in Western North Carolina (WNC) it is currently muzzle loader season for this week here but many parts of the country have either started hunting seasons or will soon be starting, particularly dear season. I always make sure of what I'm aiming at but not all hunters are careful. No matter what your opinion of hunting, the fact is if your moving around in the woods and you get shot whether is was wrong, accident or whatever your still shot, probably dead. Do yourself a favor and wear something blaze or hunter orange.

Also in WNC mountains wildlife gamelands (government hunting lands) are marked with yellow or orange gates that they open in the fall easy way to know where your at.

maybe some others could post on here how other states mark gamelands, I'm curious how SC and TN are marked because while I wont be hunting dear in those states I do plan on hunting some caches.

Hear in Georgia their careful about knot shooting dear that ware orenge vests so your safe if your wareing one wile cashing.

Just don't wear your orange vest on top of your camouflage shirt or you'll confuse the deer that are caching.

Whoa. Yeah, thanks for the heads up!!!. what times do hunters usually hunt?

All day is the best general answer. Most big game hunters start their hike to the areas they want to hunt before the sun rises. If you do see a hunter waiting for game, don't purposely cross their path, and interrupt their hunt. This is illegal in many states.

Edited by Kit Fox