Funny money

mojome

With all the hullabaloo about FTF awards, certificates and such , I figured I'd throw this out to you all. I recently received one of those fake million dollars bills and had a brain fart of sorts, A gecache bill, well this is what I came up with, I also have one that shows a prize ribbon /FTF on it. I'd love some feed back, suggestions, good ,bad, indifferent-let it rip. Thanks49e5b2b4-b1a4-44c6-b681-54231ad06068.jpg

Edited by mojome

oops, thought I was getting an image on there, you can always cut and paste image, it is on my home page, sorry, i'll try and figured out what I did wrong

I think That is kinda cool. All you need to do is try it and see what kind of feedback you get from the finders. You never know this could be the start of something new. BTW did you design that your self? if so very nice job!

oops, thought I was getting an image on there, you can always cut and paste image, it is on my home page, sorry, i'll try and figured out what I did wrong

I think That is kinda cool. All you need to do is try it and see what kind of feedback you get from the finders. You never know this could be the start of something new. BTW did you design that your self? if so very nice job!

Very unique. Nice work! Kool.

Nice idea for a personal signature item to leave in caches. (Suggestion: size it to fit in a ziploc snack bag, as caches get wet.)

To me personally, the design smacks a bit of "One World Government." I'm probably overdosing on too much election coverage.

You may wish to consider changing "www.geocache.com" to "www.geocaching.com."

Nice idea for a personal signature item to leave in caches. (Suggestion: size it to fit in a ziploc snack bag, as caches get wet.)

To me personally, the design smacks a bit of "One World Government." I'm probably overdosing on too much election coverage.

Thanks, thats why I need proof readers, ever look at something so long you convince your self it's all good ?

Thanks, thats why I need proof readers, ever look at something so long you convince your self it's all good ?

Yes, everyday in the mirror!! :huh:

Although ziplocks are great for short term storage, I find they don't hold up very well over a long peirod of time. One way to preserve the bill is to go out and get yourself an inexpensive heat laminator. I picked up a Scotch brand for $50. There are pouches of all sizes you can easily use to seal these in. I use it for my new signature item and it has recieved some good comments from the local cachers. The below is business card sized. But you can get them larger and even seal mulitples into an 8.5x11 sheet then cut them into individuals. It's an inexpensive way to make sure the bills maintain their integrity and work well for showcasing when they're being handed from cacher to cacher to oooh and aaah over. :huh:

sigitembuscard.jpg

Although ziplocks are great for short term storage, I find they don't hold up very well over a long peirod of time. One way to preserve the bill is to go out and get yourself an inexpensive heat laminator. I picked up a Scotch brand for $50. There are pouches of all sizes you can easily use to seal these in. I use it for my new signature item and it has recieved some good comments from the local cachers. The below is business card sized. But you can get them larger and even seal mulitples into an 8.5x11 sheet then cut them into individuals. It's an inexpensive way to make sure the bills maintain their integrity and work well for showcasing when they're being handed from cacher to cacher to oooh and aaah over. :huh:

sigitembuscard.jpg

Excellent idea, will do, and thank you

What a great idea! How can I get these for my caches. Has any thought been made to where a program could be writtten to format these so that a person could add there own GCXXX and cache name and etc. to the certificate?

I made and saved them on a graphic design program so I can change any object on the bill with a click of the mouse. If your interested email me what you would like to see on your custom bill and I'll whip one up for you.

They look very good...

Have you thought about putting individual tracking numbers on a few of these bills? (Tracking numbers from your own new TB tags).

They would make very unusual TBs - As I understand it, once you've bought your own TB tags, you can transfer the tracking number onto anything you wish to track. Just make sure that the number detail is printed somewhere very clearly on the bill so that cachers realise that it's trackable.

MrsB :blink:

They look very good...

Have you thought about putting individual tracking numbers on a few of these bills? (Tracking numbers from your own new TB tags).

They would make very unusual TBs - As I understand it, once you've bought your own TB tags, you can transfer the tracking number onto anything you wish to track. Just make sure that the number detail is printed somewhere very clearly on the bill so that cachers realise that it's trackable.

MrsB :blink:

OH, your thinking this morning , what a great idea will do, thank you

I think you can buy tracking numbers without actually buying the metal tags. Like how geocoin makers get their numbers.

But I may be wrong. :blink:

[Edit]

After a quick search if looks as if I was am wrong. I now believe you have to purchase a physical pair of dog tags and have them shipped to you if you want a unique tracking number.

Edited by J-Way

Although ziplocks are great for short term storage, I find they don't hold up very well over a long peirod of time. One way to preserve the bill is to go out and get yourself an inexpensive heat laminator. I picked up a Scotch brand for $50. There are pouches of all sizes you can easily use to seal these in. I use it for my new signature item and it has recieved some good comments from the local cachers. The below is business card sized. But you can get them larger and even seal mulitples into an 8.5x11 sheet then cut them into individuals. It's an inexpensive way to make sure the bills maintain their integrity and work well for showcasing when they're being handed from cacher to cacher to oooh and aaah over. :)

sigitembuscard.jpg

Expensive heat laminator not necessary. Other solutions:

1.Befriend some scrapbooker with a Xyron, and use the 2-sided lamination cartridge.

2. Go to an art supply store, get some Mylar and double-stick tape, and encapsulate it. Good for something that you want to last a long time. Archivists do this.

3. Go to a copy shop and get them to laminate it. You might be able to get a discount depending on the size of the run.

4. Less archival, but still good: A food sealer-- the kind that uses plastic bags and vacuums the air out, then heat seals them.

Expensive heat laminator not necessary. Other solutions:

1.Befriend some scrapbooker with a Xyron, and use the 2-sided lamination cartridge.

2. Go to an art supply store, get some Mylar and double-stick tape, and encapsulate it. Good for something that you want to last a long time. Archivists do this.

3. Go to a copy shop and get them to laminate it. You might be able to get a discount depending on the size of the run.

4. Less archival, but still good: A food sealer-- the kind that uses plastic bags and vacuums the air out, then heat seals them.

1. I've looked at the Xyron. It's merely using big tape strips and putting them together. Moisture can still leak through. That's why I didn't use it.

2. Same thing with anything using double-sided tape.

3. If you're paying for someone else to laminate, you'll pay for the laminator in just a few items.

4. You just called a $50 heat laminator expensive, and yet you're suggesting a food baggie vacuum sealer. :) How ironic is that?

Edited by TotemLake

I ended up buying a laminator yesterday, $43.00 and it had a bunch of laminate with it . I must say, WOW, they look great. A must needed investment for all the work and time spent. I've already made the tag labels I want to put on the TB's I just ordered, just so I could laminate something else ,LOL. You may have created a monster. Thanks for all the help.

I ended up buying a laminator yesterday, $43.00 and it had a bunch of laminate with it . I must say, WOW, they look great. A must needed investment for all the work and time spent. I've already made the tag labels I want to put on the TB's I just ordered, just so I could laminate something else ,LOL. You may have created a monster. Thanks for all the help.

:D You're very welcome! :)

Wow. These must really drive you bonkers:

disney.jpg

disney.jpg

why's that ? I kinda like goofy even tho I prefer Taz

I've laminated travel bug info tags a number of times and I don't own a laminating machine.

I purchased the business card sized laminating pouches. I put my info tag into the pouch and then put the pouch into the cardboard sleeve you're supposed to run through the laminator. I put the whole thing inside of a wash cloth and then used the iron on high. I did one side and then turned it over and did the other side. When I unwrapped the wash cloth and removed the pouch I found a perfectly laminated card. It's cheap and really easy and the end result is the same as using a laminating machine.

I've laminated travel bug info tags a number of times and I don't own a laminating machine.

I purchased the business card sized laminating pouches. I put my info tag into the pouch and then put the pouch into the cardboard sleeve you're supposed to run through the laminator. I put the whole thing inside of a wash cloth and then used the iron on high. I did one side and then turned it over and did the other side. When I unwrapped the wash cloth and removed the pouch I found a perfectly laminated card. It's cheap and really easy and the end result is the same as using a laminating machine.

Yah I've done that and still do when I put one of these into a post card sized pocket to seal it from moisture until the cache owner or FTF'r can pick it up. And that's fine for the once in a while thing. BUT if you're going to be doing a lot of these (and I make up a bunch of the second item below for the people who join me on cache hikes), then a laminator turns an otherwise hour long ordeal at the iron, into a 5 or 10 minute breezeway. I was under the impression he was going to be making more than a couple at a time, thus my suggestion.

redmeption2.jpg

sigitembuscard.jpg

Where did you find a laminator for $43? How would you sent them, electronically though email or a finished product though snail mail?

Where did you find a laminator for $43? How would you sent them, electronically though email or a finished product though snail mail?

I just checked online Staples and Office Depot and Office Max and they seem to be selling expensive brands though I bought my Scotch at Office Depot. This link will provide some good pricing.

disney.jpg

That makes me think more of a Small World Government. :lol:

I just checked online Staples and Office Depot and Office Max and they seem to be selling expensive brands though I bought my Scotch at Office Depot. This link will provide some good pricing.

I got mine at a craft store AC MOORE, they had a 50 % off coupon. I bought the purplecows, 13" laminator, funny thing is online at the website it's $74 and ac moore charges $86, but with half off. oh well.

I send out 9 finished bills, laminated and cut and 2 full sheets uncut ,front and back , so that you can print your own, if you choose. If you are going to change anything on the bill , i'll e-mail a pic for your review first.

(re: if you want you can add your own personalization to your bill, name, cord's, saying, FTF)

disney.jpg

That makes me think more of a Small World Government. :lol:

What would I change to make it feel less world govt. to you ?

disney.jpg

That makes me think more of a Small World Government. ;)

What would I change to make it feel less world govt. to you ?

Well dang it. I was just trying to be clever and make a joke about Disney and "It's a Small Worrld". I thought it was funny, but it isn't funny if people don't get it. :)

I got mine at a craft store AC MOORE, they had a 50 % off coupon. I bought the purplecows, 13" laminator, funny thing is online at the website it's $74 and ac moore charges $86, but with half off. oh well.

I send out 9 finished bills, laminated and cut and 2 full sheets uncut ,front and back , so that you can print your own, if you choose. If you are going to change anything on the bill , i'll e-mail a pic for your review first.

(re: if you want you can add your own personalization to your bill, name, cord's, saying, FTF)

I got my bill in the mail yesterday. That lamination really makes the difference. I can't thank you enough. I will be ordering more inthe future.

Thaniks again,

IN_Darel