Geo-Goblin Geocoins Available at Dorkfish Coins

dorkfish

anigoblin.gif

YemonYime and I have joined forces and are thrilled to present our first geocoin, The Geo-Goblin. This is one wicked coin that might scare the pants off of those children who don't play by the geocaching rules. These coins are available for purchase in three different metals. The coins have been ordered but we decided to open up pre-sales for anyone who might want to reserve their coins beforehand. Those who do agree to pre-purchase their coins now will receive 10% off the list price. Please read below for more information about these coins along with pictures:

- 3D on entire front and back of coin.

- 2.25 inches x 3mm in thickness. (I accidently wrote that these were 2.5 inches across, they are actually 2.25 inches)

- Trackable at geocaching.com with unique geo-goblin icon.

- 225 coins available for purchase, we may mint more, we have no decided at this point.

- $12.50 each

- We elected to have these coins minted outside of China in order to obtain the incredible 3D look. As a result these coins were more expensive to mint than usual.

The frontside of the coin depicts a scary geo-goblin peaking over the border of the coin. The geo-goblin poem reads:

There once was a boy who stole items from caches,

Travel bugs, geocoins, gone from their stashes!

But one day he vanished while out and about,

The Geo-Goblins will get you if you don't watch out.

The backside of the coin depicts three geo-goblins celebrating around a fire. They are hidden deep in the woods surrounded by a multitude of trees. The remains of a cathedral arch are faintly visible in the background.

Geo-Goblin in Antique Copper - 100 coins available for purchase here

33b08a29-1c4d-4389-b06d-b3abd54ad922.jpg

Geo-Goblin in Antique Brass - 75 coins available for purchase here

b9f8caed-7452-4007-85a8-f83b421619e0.jpg

Geo-Goblin in Antique Silver - 50 coins available for purchase here

95af0ee4-f83a-42aa-861a-9edc10f9d093.jpg

We hope everyone enjoys these as much as we enjoyed designing them :huh:

Oooops, I forgot to mention in my original post that Yime will have the samples of these coins at Geocoinfest. If you want to see what they look like in person (they are really cool!) be sure to stop by his vendor booth (if you can call it that, you'll know what I mean when you get there) and take a gander at them :huh:

I literally just opened up the package sent from Karma, and I'm pretty giddy with how cool these turned out! :huh: This was my first time working with this mint, and I'm very impressed with how well they produce their 3D images. The depth effect they pull off is absolutely amazing considering the relatively shallow medium they have to work with. And just as Karma predicted, the antiquing adds a dark and eerie feel to the woods! Deliciously wicked... :P

It was great working with Dorkfish Coins on this one, and I hope you like these as much as I do!

Just a quick update to let everyone know that I expect these coins to arrive at my house within just a few days. As soon as I receive the coins all orders will be packaged and mailed out within 24 hours. The remainder of the coins, I think there is a little over 50, will be available for purchase at that time.

Sorry for being thick...but how can I purchase of of these? Do I email one of you?

Here is the information from her webpage:

I anticipate the Geo-Goblins Geocoin arriving around October 23rd. Presales are now closed. I will place the remainder of the coins on the website once all orders are packaged and mailed out.

Posting of direct store links aren't allowed. I'll PM you her site.

Sorry for being thick...but how can I purchase of of these? Do I email one of you?

Here is the information from her webpage:

I anticipate the Geo-Goblins Geocoin arriving around October 23rd. Presales are now closed. I will place the remainder of the coins on the website once all orders are packaged and mailed out.

Posting of direct store links aren't allowed. I'll PM you her site.

What Eric said. Thanks Eric :) I imagine the remainder of the coins will be available for purchase sometime on Friday.

Just a quick update :unsure: All the presold coins have been packaged up. The international orders will be shipped on Monday & the USA orders all were mailed out today. The remaining coins have been listed and are currently available for purchase on my website. The links at the top of this thread are still active. Right now I have approximately 40 coins left.

Thanks all :)

Mine haven't arrived yet : (

Maybe they were sent to Nova Scotia while you were in the Cayman Islands or vice versa. :blink:

If they some how managed to find out my Cayman Islands address and then send it there without costing me any more money for shipping, I'd be pretty impressed! My parents do take forever to check the mail, but I do doubt it's there!

I had some coins that had to be remade due to factory errors. They arrived today & I've updated my site to reflect the correct quantities available. As of today I have the following:

3 Antique Silver

15 Antique Brass

16 Antique Copper

Once these coins are gone no more will ever be made again as the coin will be retired. I appreciate all the great compliments Yime & I have received about the coin.

Please keep an eye on my website as we will be raffling off four of our very special Antique Gold editions of this coin starting on Monday. Only 20 were made and they look really great!

Thanks everyone :P