cache in the way

traumagolfer

:D ok there is a cache 146 feet from mine acording to your site but it is not and they did not get premission to have it there i want my cache to go online and the other off they have not been keeping up with it and it flooded there so it is not there and it is till on there but they are not working on it and i have to drive back over there i just sent two emails to geo and they are being very slow can you all help the cache name is GC1H0B7

thanks to who helps and i walked there and looked for any other geo but i did not see one i got a email that there is a geo there but it would have to be 600 feet from were mine is can you help!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

Edited by traumagolfer

:D ok there is a cache 146 feet from mine acording to your site but it is not and they did not get premission to have it there i want my cache to go online and the other off they have not been keeping up with it and it flooded there so it is not there and it is till on there but they are not working on it and i have to drive back over there i just sent two emails to geo and they are being very slow can you all help the cache name is GC1H0B7

thanks to who helps and i walked there and looked for any other geo but i did not see one i got a email that there is a geo there but it would have to be 600 feet from were mine is can you help!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

First: Take a deep breath.

Second: Please repost using coherent sentences. It's nearly impossible to follow things the way they are written.

Third: If GC1H0B7 is your unpublished cache, we can't see it. What's the number of the cache that you believe is in your way?

I have some advice for you. Please take it the nice way it is intended.

First, please go get that TB out of your cache and put it out in another cache soon. You really don't want to put TBs in caches before they are published. People can use the information from the TB page to find your cache even before it is published.

Second, there is a good chance your cache publication will be delayed or even denied. There is already another cache listed that is too close to the place you want yours. It has been temporarily disabled, but the folks who own that one have a chance to fix it up.

After a reasonable amount of time, the reviewer for the area will archive the cache if they haven't fixed it. Then you can place your cache there, if you still want to by then.

The reasonable amount of time varies, on a case by case basis. The reviewer may have more information than we do. They may offer you different advice than what I have given. They may also have a regular job (in addition to this volunteer one) and it may take them a couple of days to get back to you with that advice. Emailing them several times won't speed up that process.

In the meanwhile, if it were me, I would look for some more caches to pass the time pleasantly. Who knows, by the time this is all resolved, you may have found an even better place for your first cache!

One other thing, the other cache may still be there. Just because you couldn't find it doesn't mean it isn't there. You might have overlooked it. We all do that from time to time. I'd also like to ask how you know if the other folks had permission to place their cache there or not? That could be helpful information.

Oh, my goodness! Someone stole your cache spot! They should be boiled in oil!

Had you considered checking to see if there are any nearby caches before you put your 'chase 590 feet from there'? Try reading the guidelines! (Though 590 feet should be okay...) Did you check the spot saying "I have read and understand the guidelines" before putting your cache out for review?

How thoughtless of the other cacher to steal your space, over four years ago!

Try reading the guidelines! :huh:

1. Try looking at it from the other guy's perspective: it's not that the existing cache is "in the way," but rather that your cache is taking people to the same spot that the earlier cache is showing to people.

2. Caches are reviewed by volunteers, not by paid employees. Please allow a day or two for the reviewer to respond to the messages you sent today. Thanks!

There are 21 dnf's on that cache that you think is missing. Maybe you just missed it. Either way it looks like the reviewer has temporarily shut it down giving them a grace period to fix it up. It isn't likely that they will since they haven't signed on in a year and a half but they still get the grace period. As will you when you find a home for your first cache. Which I would suggest finding elsewhere for the time being and be patient because that other spot is sure to be clear soon enough. Good luck and welcome to the game.

Really.... Just slow down....

6 days in, found 2, placed 1, emailed twice, made 2 posts and on the warpath.

Read the guidlines then read em again. Understand them.

Find a better place and start again.

You have got to give the other guy a chance. You would want it if yours was

assumed to have been washed away from its higherland by a new cacher

wanting to stake claim to "your" location.