New idea for geocaching

DCshoes

I've done a couple of different series of caches that do this. In the lid was part of the cords. After finding I think 8 (I don't remember off the top of my head the exact details) caches you have the final set of cords to head out for a mystery cache.

The second series I've done had numbers in the caches and you had to plug them into a forumla to find a mystery cache.

Both series was a lot of fun and spread out threw out about 30 miles in different parks and such.

i mean a cache with two or more containers and the first container has a clue that helps you find the next container

Yep, that's a multi.

That's pretty much the definition of a multi-cache. The full definition can be found in the link by markandsandy above.

Multi-Cache (Offset Cache)

A multi-cache ("multiple") involves two or more locations, the final location being a physical container. There are many variations, but most multi-caches have a hint to find the second cache, and the second cache has hints to the third, and so on. An offset cache (where you go to a location and get hints to the actual cache) is considered a multi-cache.

I'm not sure where you are located but here in NJ we have a number of these types of caches. Generally, with a multi-cache, you only get credit for the final find in the series but we also have some series that have been set up where you get credit for each individual find in the series including the final. For example, we have one based on the "Dirty Dozen" where you have to find caches named after each of the characters to find where the Lieutenant is located. We also have one based on Donuts - finding each of 10 donuts gets you to a final. There are many more but these stick out in my mind. Oh and there's one based on "Family dogs" with a bit of a twist - there's a question in each of the caches that you have to answer in order to get the coordinates for the final. All are very interesting. Just some more ideas if you weren't already aware of them.

i mean a cache with two or more containers and the first container has a clue that helps you find the next container

That would most likely be a puzzle/mystery (blue question mark) type cache. There are some of them around. You find the first container and then have to figure out where the next one is based on a clue or story (or similar) in the container.