Appaloosa Horse coin--would you want one?

Team Appaloosa

Have you got a design in mind? People usually would like to see what you're offering before they know if they want one. Also, keep in mind it has to be trackable to be sold here.

There has been talk of horse themed coins in the past. You can check this thread, on the Chincoteague Pony geocoin, and there was this thread where someone was looking for a horse themed coin, and got some replies. There was also the Mustang Horse Geocoin and I found another thread based on Horse themed geocoin interest. So the interest is out there, I'm sure, and many coin collectors love personal coins, but you should offer them some kind of design idea, so they know what they would be buying.

I have an idea in mind, it is borrowed, how ever, and I do not know who the artist is--as an artist, I don't want to borrow, but?? I will scan it and post. Thanks for the message. Oh, and of course, it will be trackable!

If you are borrowing artwork, you need to check into copyright issues. There are several threads on that topic too.

I have an idea in mind, it is borrowed, how ever, and I do not know who the artist is--as an artist, I don't want to borrow, but?? I will scan it and post. Thanks for the message. Oh, and of course, it will be trackable!

If you are borrowing artwork, you need to check into copyright issues. There are several threads on that topic too.

I found the artist! And she tells me to go for it. I can use her design, so that's where I'll start. Hope to have a sketch up shortly.

wow--great responses! At this point, however, I'm not thinking I've got the funds to put this together. I have an awesome design, but alas, I have to feed the beasts... If someone else puts together an appaloosa coin, I'd buy more than a couple of handfuls!

Some coin companies will mint a good coin for free if you give them the rights and you'll get several free coins for your effort. Don't give up on your great design. :)

wow--great responses! At this point, however, I'm not thinking I've got the funds to put this together. I have an awesome design, but alas, I have to feed the beasts... If someone else puts together an appaloosa coin, I'd buy more than a couple of handfuls!

Some coin companies will mint a good coin for free if you give them the rights and you'll get several free coins for your effort. Don't give up on your great design. :rolleyes:

this is true ,,draw a sketch ,,and look for coin dealers that would be intrested in minting it,,just snd them with an e-mail.- worst case they say no ,,then goto the next one ,,with many out there you very likely to have your sketch come to life... dont give up ,,good luck