Pocket Query Change Suggestion

Tequila

I would like to see gc.com change the system so that a PQ request counts against the daily 5 at the date/time it is requested. Currently it seems that it counts at the date/time it is ran.

This means that if a request is run late it can sometimes affect the count for the next day. Three times in the last two weeks, I have had Thursday PQ's run on Friday and as a result mess up the Friday requests.

If the PQ's were counted when you submitted them, this problem would go away. For PQ's that run repeatedly (daily/weekly), the trigger time could be 12:01 on the day the owner requested them.

You really should not run any PQ daily as that becomes likely that it will not run that day. PQs are run by priority based on the last time they were run - in reverse. A new Query gets high priority and one run just a day before would get very low priority.

I can almsot always submit a new PQ and have it in my inbos within 5 minutes so I can head out caching.

You really should not run any PQ daily as that becomes likely that it will not run that day. PQs are run by priority based on the last time they were run - in reverse. A new Query gets high priority and one run just a day before would get very low priority.

I can almsot always submit a new PQ and have it in my inbos within 5 minutes so I can head out caching.

You completely missed the point of my request.

I don't run the same PQ daily but I sometimes run the same PQ every other day as we usually have 5 or 6 new caches published every day. And they do NOT run immediately.

As I said in my initial post, the issue completely goes away if gc.com changed to date/time requested.

I don't run the same PQ daily but I sometimes run the same PQ every other day as we usually have 5 or 6 new caches published every day. And they do NOT run immediately.

As I said in my initial post, the issue completely goes away if gc.com changed to date/time requested.

I think you missed his point actually. If you are running these every other day, they will be at the bottom of the queue. Now that you know this, plan accordingly. If you are running these this regularly, plan to set them to run early in the day, not at the last minute. That you wait until the last minute to run them is not the fault of Groundspeak. You should do better planning.

I think you missed his point actually. If you are running these every other day, they will be at the bottom of the queue. Now that you know this, plan accordingly. If you are running these this regularly, plan to set them to run early in the day, not at the last minute. That you wait until the last minute to run them is not the fault of Groundspeak. You should do better planning.

I don't run them at the end of the day. I just checked and they "normally" run at 3:00 in the afternoon PST. Hardly the last minute.

How do I control when they run???

And does it not seem a reasonable request to change the trigger to request time not run time?

Edited by Tequila

Run time seems the best - we are talking about a fairly limited amount of system resources - getting 2 from yesterday today because you ran them just 3 days before should count againist your totals.

I strongly believe in just using PQs for getting the info you need to go out and cache (in the immediate sense, or planning for an upcoming trip). If you just want to regularly get a PQ with new ones in the area - that is fine as well but it should not have an impact on the system resources or those trying to get info so they can get out in the field.

How do I control when they run???

You can't. If you could, everyone would check "I WANT IT NOW!". The same problem would exist.

Run time seems the best - we are talking about a fairly limited amount of system resources - getting 2 from yesterday today because you ran them just 3 days before should count againist your totals.

I strongly believe in just using PQs for getting the info you need to go out and cache (in the immediate sense, or planning for an upcoming trip). If you just want to regularly get a PQ with new ones in the area - that is fine as well but it should not have an impact on the system resources or those trying to get info so they can get out in the field.

I agree with these points totally.

Just a thought... you could potentially make copies of the queries you run frequently, and set each query to run once or twice a week on different days.

Copy1: Mon, Fri

Copy2: Wed, Sun

or

Copy1: Mon

Copy2: Wed

Copy3: Fri

Copy4: Sun

It could get a bit tedious...