Does your Garmin 60CSx freeze up?

page28

Hi How many or your Garmin 60 CSx's just randomly lock up and if they do how often ?

Since i got my 60CSx at the very end of August I have had to pull the batteries 4 times after its frozen and doesn't respond to key presses....

I have been wondering if its faulty or if its an incompatability with the memory card (sandisk 2GB ) ?

Also ...

Has it ever refused to navigate off road ie, told it to navigate to a poi off road but it's tracked to the nearest road ?

Edited by page28

Hi How many or your Garmin 60 CSx's just randomly lock up and if they do how often ?

Mine locks 2-3 times a year. Most recently, I was out Saturday, the GPS asked if I wanted to recalculate the route and I said yes. Battery removal required to get it working again.

I read in another thread the the 60 csx stops to "think" every few minutes and I'm wondering if that is related to the hangs?

Jerry

Thanks for your replies I have now arranged to get it swapped out. I had noticed that it stops to think every once in a while too ! So I have taken the precaution of ordering a sandisk premium card to see if it makes any difference and eases the pregnant pauses when the replacement arrives !

I have noticed recently, that sometimes, it is slow to respond to a keystroke. But it does not hang.

Ditto. Often I'll be trying to navigate to a different screen and the unit will stop responding but that often lasts less than 10 seconds and then everything is back to normal.