New coin: Dog Art Labrador

uktim

The first in a series of geocoins featuring reproductions of watercolour paintings of popular dog breeds.

The back of each coin features the tracking number and the verse

Thorns may hurt you

Friends desert you

Sunlight turn to fog

But you're never friendless ever

If you have a dog

5caa22e8.jpg

66a0c275.jpg

Size: 1 5/8"

Thickness: 3mm

Trackable at www.geocaching.com

A maximum of 150 gold and 150 nickel coins will be produced.

In stock and shipping at www.geogenus.co.uk.

That really is a beautiful coin and the verse on the back made me cry. I sure miss my dogs.

Are you planning on doing a dachshund coin at all?

The dachshund is on the list. We're not quite sure what timescale we will be producing different breeds on or which order they will come in.

If you decide to do a Golden Retreiver and a Yorkshire Terrier, and a German Shepard, we would VERY interested in purchasing some.

We are huge dog lovers and have lost some dogs in the past and have a pet cementary in the back yeard with crosses for the dogs and a nice flag, there is a day that doesnt go by that we dont see this or remember our beloved pets. Very cool idea for a series of geocoins.

If you decide to do a Golden Retreiver and a Yorkshire Terrier, and a German Shepard, we would VERY interested in purchasing some.

We are huge dog lovers and have lost some dogs in the past and have a pet cementary in the back yeard with crosses for the dogs and a nice flag, there is a day that doesnt go by that we dont see this or remember our beloved pets. Very cool idea for a series of geocoins.

They're definitely all on the list. If we keep getting requests we'll be counting votes soon :)

They're definitely all on the list. If we keep getting requests we'll be counting votes soon :)

That is great to hear :huh:

Boxer (brindle or fawn), please.

WOW that coin is fantastic, and the verse on the back too. I will definately have one.

We have a chocolate Labrador and only the other day i was saying to hubbie shame there isnt a coin with a labrador on it and now there is :D

Can i just ask what colour the lab on the coin actually is ?

What a lot of breed suggestions :grin: There doesn't seem to be any clear leader as yet. We have a selection of the Adelines paintings to choose from, some of them fit quite well on coins and some breeds will need repainting. We'll pick a new breed for the next coin once we've shifted enough of these to avoid breaking the bank. We also have a new series at the sample stage and maybe another HATW horse to launch before the next dog coin, Adelines creative excesses are outrunning our bank balance at present :D

As for the colour of this Labrador Adeline says it's Labrador coloured ;) I guess it's influenced by our old Meg who was a rescue dog and a bit of a character, which made her colour largely irrelevent. It's either golden or yellow, I'm not sure of the true distinction between the two and I guess it's largely in the eye of the beholder.

regards

Tim

Hope you dont mind me asking but will there be an icon for the coin in the future ?

Most of our coins are part of a series we don't plan on giving each coin an icon but we are hoping to get icons up for each series eventually. At present Adeline is having a better time gaining inspiration for coins than she is for icons!