black douglas

charino

Hello. I am a geocacher of españa. I live in the sunny andalucia in the city of Malaga wine.

I look for people interested in a cache does union between(among) escocia and españa.

Here in españa died in the people(village) of teba " black douglas " that tape-worm the sword and the heart of the king of escocia towards holy land. But his(her,your) body this one buried in Belrose.

My idea is to do a cache in his(her,your) tomb and I would put other one in españa where he(she) died.

I believe that serious slightly nice of doing between(among) two friendly countries

Even to do a TB with the heart of the king of escocia that goes out from belrose happens(passes) for Teba and come finally to holy land.

If someone can translate it better it(he,she) is free to do it. Thank you very much for everything

hola. soy un geocacher de españa. Vivo en la soleada andalucia en la ciudad de malaga.

Busco a gente interesada en hacer un cache union entre escocia y españa.

Aqui en españa murió en el pueblo de teba "black douglas" que tenia la espada y el corazon del rey de escocia hacia tierra santa. Pero su cuerpo esta enterrado en Belrose.

Mi idea es hacer un cache en su tumba y otro pondría yo en españa donde murió.

Creo que seria algo bonito de hacer entre dos paises amistosos

incluso hacer un TB con el corazon del rey de escocia que salga desde belrose pase por Teba y llegue por fin a tierra santa.

hola. soy un geocacher de españa. Vivo en la soleada andalucia en la ciudad de malaga.

Aqui en españa murió en el pueblo de teba "black douglas" que tenia la espada y el corazon del rey de escocia hacia tierra santa. Pero su cuerpo esta enterrado en Belrose.

incluso hacer un TB con el corazon del rey de escocia que salga desde belrose pase por Teba y llegue por fin a tierra santa.

wheres the tapeworm come from?

hello. I am a geocache in spain. I live in sunny Andalusia in the city of Malaga.

Looking for people interested in making a cache union between Scotland and Spain.

Here in spain died in the town of Teba "black douglas" I had the sword and the heart of the king of Scotland towards holy land. But his body is buried in Belrose.

My idea is to make a cache in his grave, and another would put me in spain where he died.

I think it would be something nice to do between two friendly countries

even make a TB with the heart of the king of Scotland departing from Belrose passes Teba and arrives at last to holy land

When King Robert the Bruce died in 1329 his body was buried at Dunfermline. His heart was removed and taken on the Crusades by the Black Douglas (Sir James), who, just before he was killed in Moorish Spain, hurled it at the enemy.

The heart was recovered and taken back to Melrose Abbey where the new king, David II (Bruce's son), had asked for it to be buried.

I watched Historic Scotland recover the lead casket at Melrose Abbey in 1996.

The casket was taken to Edinburgh, were they drilled a small hole into the casket and looked inside with a fibre-optic cable. Inside that container, they found a smaller conical casket is about 10 inches high and 4 inches in diameter at the base tapering to a flat top about one and a half inches in diameter.

The casket containing the heart was not opened, and remained in Edinburgh until it was buried again during a private ceremony at Melrose Abbey on 22 June 1998.

For this idea to work, the Melrose cache could only be placed outside the Abbey grounds, as Historic Scotland wouldn't allow it to be placed inside the grounds, plus GSP wouldn't allow it as you have to pay to get into the Abbey grounds. Great idea though!!

Edited by Jacobite

Thank you for answering.

Would you be ready to put a cache in recollection of this chunk of history?

Please, it looks like to me a good topic to join two countries

We have a cache in Melrose already that needs a maintenance trip anyway in the next few weeks. We would therefore be willing to place a sister cache in Melrose for your cache in Spain. Please contact us to discuss further :D

Thank you for answering.

Would you be ready to put a cache in recollection of this chunk of history?

Please, it looks like to me a good topic to join two countries

We have a cache in Melrose already that needs a maintenance trip anyway in the next few weeks. We would therefore be willing to place a sister cache in Melrose for your cache in Spain. Please contact us to discuss further :D

Nice one Chizu :grin: This will make for a couple of excellently themed caches.

I must get a border abbey's series going!

hello. I am a geocache in spain. I live in sunny Andalusia in the city of Malaga.

Looking for people interested in making a cache union between Scotland and Spain.

Here in spain died in the town of Teba "black douglas" I had the sword and the heart of the king of Scotland towards holy land. But his body is buried in Belrose.

My idea is to make a cache in his grave, and another would put me in spain where he died.

even make a TB with the heart of the king of Scotland departing from Belrose passes Teba and arrives at last to holy land

Tapeworm comes from "Tenia" which is a type of worm dogs get.

OP, it sounds like a good series, I like caches in historical areas.

Tapeworm comes from "Tenia" which is a type of worm dogs get.

OP, it sounds like a good series, I like caches in historical areas.

I think Munkeh "knows where the tapeworm comes from". I think he was asking about the context of it in charino's post?

Edited by Jacobite

BLACK DOUGLAS

"Now pass thou onward before us, as thou wert wont, and I will follow thee or die."

The dead of Robert I of Scotland, the character that acquire protagonism in the movie ' Braveheart' leading the brave Scottish in the Battle of Bannockburn (the 24th June 1314) being crowned later first King of Scotland.

After a turbid life of betrayals, murders and leprosy, he died the 7th of June 1329 in Cardross, Scotland. Before exhaling their last breath, he made a call to their personal guard in charge of Sir James Douglas to request them a final mission. Among other facts, he never forgot not to have completely supported William Wallace, a psychological torture that would accompany him until their death. To redeem their sins, he asked that their heart was embalmed and carried to the combat against the infidels in some Christian Crusade to get to be buried in Holy Land on his own merits. Completing their will, Sir James Douglas organized a departure of about two hundred elite Highlanders. James knew that it was impossible to arrive in Jerusalem because it was recently lose the city of Acre, closing the road to it.

However, it arrived to their hearings the news that King Alfonso XI of Castile (1311-1350) was carrying out a particular Crusade in Spain recognized by the Church. Without being thought it twice, he decided to travel to the Iberian Peninsula to combat the Muslims from there. In 1330, with the heart of their dear King kept in a casket of silver and hung of their neck, it disembarked in Galicia with their veteran Highlanders.

From there they put heading to Seville where they were received with astonishment by the own Spanish king that incorporated to their army to combat Mohammed IV. During the campaign of reconquest, the Christian forces faced the Muslims in the Castle of the Star, near the river Guadalhorce. The Scotsmen, seeing the enemy, decided to charge ignoring the orders that prevented them of the well-known lethal tactics of the enemy as the "false retreat". Logically, the Highlanders fell in the ambush. Surrounded and awaiting a sure death, they observed their wounded men... it was then when with all already lost, James Douglas, finally decided to honor Robert I of Scotland. Pulling up the casket of silver containing the heart of their Scottish King, he threw it subaerial... and there he maintained heroically the position until their death.

Even today, in the city of Teba (Spain), next to the river Guadalhorce, it is known the legend of the last charge of Robert The Bruce. The heart of Bruce was brought back to Scotland by William Keith of Galston to be buried in the Abbey of Melrose as well as the body of Sir James Douglas, after a generous gesture of the Muslim troops that attended amazed a charge carried out by some wild brave men with colored faces who come from distant lands where the greenery of its hills and fields withdraw a lot of the desert place where they fell.

is ok????? :(

BLACK DOUGLAS

"Now pass thou onward before us, as thou wert wont, and I will follow thee or die."

The dead of Robert I of Scotland, the character that acquire protagonism in the movie ' Braveheart' leading the brave Scottish in the Battle of Bannockburn (the 24th June 1314) being crowned later first King of Scotland.

After a turbid life of betrayals, murders and leprosy, he died the 7th of June 1329 in Cardross, Scotland. Before exhaling their last breath, he made a call to their personal guard in charge of Sir James Douglas to request them a final mission. Among other facts, he never forgot not to have completely supported William Wallace, a psychological torture that would accompany him until their death. To redeem their sins, he asked that their heart was embalmed and carried to the combat against the infidels in some Christian Crusade to get to be buried in Holy Land on his own merits. Completing their will, Sir James Douglas organized a departure of about two hundred elite Highlanders. James knew that it was impossible to arrive in Jerusalem because it was recently lose the city of Acre, closing the road to it.

However, it arrived to their hearings the news that King Alfonso XI of Castile (1311-1350) was carrying out a particular Crusade in Spain recognized by the Church. Without being thought it twice, he decided to travel to the Iberian Peninsula to combat the Muslims from there. In 1330, with the heart of their dear King kept in a casket of silver and hung of their neck, it disembarked in Galicia with their veteran Highlanders.

From there they put heading to Seville where they were received with astonishment by the own Spanish king that incorporated to their army to combat Mohammed IV. During the campaign of reconquest, the Christian forces faced the Muslims in the Castle of the Star, near the river Guadalhorce. The Scotsmen, seeing the enemy, decided to charge ignoring the orders that prevented them of the well-known lethal tactics of the enemy as the "false retreat". Logically, the Highlanders fell in the ambush. Surrounded and awaiting a sure death, they observed their wounded men... it was then when with all already lost, James Douglas, finally decided to honor Robert I of Scotland. Pulling up the casket of silver containing the heart of their Scottish King, he threw it subaerial... and there he maintained heroically the position until their death.

Even today, in the city of Teba (Spain), next to the river Guadalhorce, it is known the legend of the last charge of Robert The Bruce. The heart of Bruce was brought back to Scotland by William Keith of Galston to be buried in the Abbey of Melrose as well as the body of Sir James Douglas, after a generous gesture of the Muslim troops that attended amazed a charge carried out by some wild brave men with colored faces who come from distant lands where the greenery of its hills and fields withdraw a lot of the desert place where they fell.

is ok????? :(

LOL :ninja: Someone has been doing their homework :ninja:

Edited by Jacobite