"Good Jeremy/Bad Jeremy Geocoin"

GeocoinGuy

Jeremy Irish and Geocoin Design are pleased and proud to announce a coin that has been anxiously anticipated for some time. After months of discussion over concepts and ideas, and going over art and design, I am thrilled to show everyone the 'Good Jeremy, Bad Jeremy' Geocoins!

Jeremy and Paula initially started discussion over ideas and concepts at an event in Chicago, and she was very proud that she was entrusted to bring his ideas to reality. Included are some familiar themes, along with the iconic image of our “Head Frog” deep in thought - as we all recognize him! :)

This coin, complete with not two, but THREE - 3D sides, was a pleasure for Paula to design. It was a challenge, as she wanted it to be uniquely special, and like nothing else she has ever done.

On the 'Good Jeremy' side - you will see listed the Virtues, along with some Cherubs and of course 'Good Jeremy'. The 'Bad Jeremy' side sports the 7 Deadly sins, with some demons, and of course 'Bad Jeremy' horns and all. (Our Bad Jeremy even has red enamel filled eyes for that demonic look! Creepy!)

The common 3D back shows a battle between good and evil - in both the Cherubs, and in the border design.

These coins will have two separate icons - one for Good Jeremy, one for Bad Jeremy.

And in a UNIQUE twist - some coins will have TWO tracking numbers. Some coins will have the Good Jeremy or Bad Jeremy front paired with the common back; some will have two trackable sides - Good Jeremy/Bad Jeremy.

Thanks to Jeremy for letting us announce a coin that both Paula and I are very proud of. Its one of our personal favorite designs, and Paula is very proud to have been chosen to work on this project.

Initial Editions/Numbers are as follows:

Complete First Edition – 550 coins.

Good Jeremy – Antique Silver – 310 coins

Bad Jeremy – Antique Copper – 160 coins

Good Jeremy/Bad Jeremy (Regular Edition) – Antique Silver – 50 coins

Good Jeremy/Bad Jeremy (Artist Edition) – Two-Tone, Antique Gold/Antique Silver – 30 coins

Good Jeremy Geocoin:

2GCC-00009-GJ.jpg

Bad Jeremy Geocoin:

2GCC-00009-BJ.jpg

Good Jeremy/Bad Jeremy Geocoin (Reg. Ed.):

2GCC-00009-GJ-BJ.jpg

Good Jeremy/Bad Jeremy Geocoin (Artist Ed.):

2GCC-00009-AE.jpg

Icons will be added to this post when available. Enjoy! ~J

Edited by GeocoinGuy

Can you explain the reason for the two tracking numbers? If the coin is activated and moved, do you pick a Good Jeremy or a bad Jeremy to log depending on your mood? And I don't understand the "third" 3-D side. I love the blue/gold version and the copper ones. The carvings look fantastic. Do we have an idea about when would they be available (before Christmas so I can get one for my friend whose name is Jeremy)? And do we have pricing on them yet?

Can you explain the reason for the two tracking numbers? If the coin is activated and moved, do you pick a Good Jeremy or a bad Jeremy to log depending on your mood? And I don't understand the "third" 3-D side. I love the blue/gold version and the copper ones. The carvings look fantastic. Do we have an idea about when would they be available (before Christmas so I can get one for my friend whose name is Jeremy)? And do we have pricing on them yet?

Yes I can. Jeremy wanted tracking on both sides of the coins that will feature Good Jeremy & Bad Jeremy.

Those fortunate enough to obtain a coin with double tracking may at their discretion activate both sides to allow the icons for both Good and Bad Jeremy to be displayed in their GC.com profiles.

Availability - That's entirely up to Jeremy - It's HIS coin, not mine.

Pricing - I don't recall in the OP anything about them being sold.

~J

Availability - That's entirely up to Jeremy - It's HIS coin, not mine.

Pricing - I don't recall in the OP anything about them being sold.

~J

I noticed that... :)

I like the copper the best (of course). Does only the Bad Jeremy come in copper? Or both? Or all three... Oh, I'm confusing myself... :D

CF30

SO, YOu think we'll only be able to get this AWESOME coin is to tour the Headquarters :) ?

I think he just likes geocoins! Maybe he's a collector, maybe just fun, maybe to give away as a surprise.

And the idea of being sort kind of God....well, a lot of people really believe and enjoy the way in living the life as a geocacher. And this way-of-live works with signals from heaven...there's the connection :D

I am not familiar with Geocoinguy but the avatar looks a lot like the logo for Jaula Designs and this is the kind manipulation they're good at on the forums. Announce a coin, lame RE versions but gorgeous AE version (setting up for those $25.95 websales) no mention of how to purchase the RE version just.... suspense. Sounds like manipulation to me and I've had enough of market manipulation from Wall Street and the politicos. Just my observation.

I would have to agree with Droo. There are numerous questions in the Titanic thread that Geocoin Guy, aka Cinemaboxers will not respond to in the forums such as how can individuals that paid for their coins be refunded the money because the coins were never made. Some people are out over $300, yet he comes in here and pumps up this coin because it has to do with Jeremy. He is trying to make himself look good.

Geocoin Guy promises to be upfront and honest with the community but yet again refuses to be truthful with the community about how people are going to be repaid. But what is funny is that people are still trying to buy coins, such as this coin from him.

Edited by LadeBear68

I would have to agree with Droo. There are numerous questions in the Titanic thread that Geocoin Guy, aka Cinemaboxers will not respond to in the forums such as how can individuals that paid for their coins be refunded the money because the coins were never made. Some people are out over $300, yet he comes in here and pumps up this coin because it has to do with Jeremy. He is trying to make himself look good.

Geocoin Guy promises to be upfront and honest with the community but yet again refuses to be truthful with the community about how people are going to be repaid. But what is funny is that people are still trying to buy coins, such as this coin from him. Does it take someone hitting people over the head before they wake up?

I'd have to agree here. Jim, you say you're getting a divorce and that you are the business now, but you're still working with Paula? Why would Paula hand over the design she (supposedly) produced if you aren't working with her anymore? Also, why would Jeremy ask for a coin to be minted by a company which has already taken a bunch of money without producing the coins they were paid for? Must be these tracking numbers you're using were bought before you were locked down from getting more?? :rolleyes: So, why didn't you use them for the coins that you owe others?

Why would a company, whose rep is in question, produce another coin before bringing forth coins people have been left hanging on? Seems to me, you should be focusing solely on giving the paid customers their product before moving on? Did you guys leave Jeremy hanging like you've left the others? Your business rep is being further tarnished (if this is possible)...maybe you should come forward and answer the questions put to you (but I fear many won't care what you say). ;)

I'm at a loss to understand what is going on here. I tried to have an open mind, but it's almost like we're all sitting in the McD's drive-thru and the window jockey keeps telling us to "pull ahead and wait" while the franchise owner pulls up and is quickly served. OR, maybe it's more like the company who suddenly went bankrupt simply changing names and going right back to "business as usual" while bilking the people who were left hanging. :( And no, it doesn't matter if you're selling these or not, you're still working on a project while people are out big money!

Nice coin Jeremy, but do you realize how this looks to those who've been left hanging?

Apparently if you are making a coin for the head frog you can buy codes and produce the coin even if you have $100's of peoples money over months and months. I realize that Groundspeak takes no responsibility for the companies they list but this looks very poor, to do business with a company that is so far behind and not responding to clear questions that are asked.

I try to keep my nose out of other peoples business but this entire situation with small businesses conducting pre-sales has effected my business and I am sure others. And the only action we have seen far from Groundspeak is to cut off one vendor except for codes that go with coins they owe people (SoCal) and now to produce a coin by another company(GeocoinDesigns).

There are some of us here try to run reputable businesses and this is the kind of treatment we get. Do the TPTB not realize a significant income steam for the company is being effected and they are pouring fuel on the fire. If this is his way of helping one company out of a jam, I am not sure it was the wisest choice. No matter when the coin was discussed or produced this is bad timing and should have been put on hold until another time.

I will go back to just reading the threads and deleting my posts before I hit reply.

(That helps me feel better, when I read some of the things going on here.)

Mike

i have a tendency to over-analyze things, and this is no different. what on earth is jeremy thinking?

there are several people here that have been here for more than 5 years. i am one of them. i was a charter member of the forums ponying up $$ to help make geocaching.com flourish. hanging in there when there were server problems and growing pains.

heck, you could get a hold of jeremy by e-mail if you had an issue. is that even possible now with the corporate mentality that is in charge?

things have changed so drastically, it is hard to reconcile what GS is now with what it used to be. this coin seems to be a true symbol of the company. a "let-them-eat-cake" mentality.

rocking rodney and the rest really articulated it much better.

i think we need to get back to producing coins without tracking numbers! hardly anyone activates them anyway, so why pay for a number we are NOT using! and if you do use it, it falsely devalues the coin.

perhaps this is GS way of creating a bailout for geocoin design. and jim will take the money he makes from this coin to refund the masses. i do hope so.

geocoin - mispelled by my fingers = egocoin

rsg

Geocoin Guy promises to be upfront and honest with the community but yet again refuses to be truthful with the community about how people are going to be repaid. But what is funny is that people are still trying to buy coins, such as this coin from him. Does it take someone hitting people over the head before they wake up?

I'd have to agree here. Jim, you say you're getting a divorce and that you are the business now, but you're still working with Paula? Why would Paula hand over the design she (supposedly) produced if you aren't working with her anymore? Also, why would Jeremy ask for a coin to be minted by a company which has already taken a bunch of money without producing the coins they were paid for? Must be these tracking numbers you're using were bought before you were locked down from getting more?? :rolleyes: So, why didn't you use them for the coins that you owe others?

Why would a company, whose rep is in question, produce another coin before bringing forth coins people have been left hanging on? Seems to me, you should be focusing solely on giving the paid customers their product before moving on? Did you guys leave Jeremy hanging like you've left the others? Your business rep is being further tarnished (if this is possible)...maybe you should come forward and answer the questions put to you (but I fear many won't care what you say). ;)

I'm at a loss to understand what is going on here. I tried to have an open mind, but it's almost like we're all sitting in the McD's drive-thru and the window jockey keeps telling us to "pull ahead and wait" while the franchise owner pulls up and is quickly served. OR, maybe it's more like the company who suddenly went bankrupt simply changing names and going right back to "business as usual" while bilking the people who were left hanging. :( And no, it doesn't matter if you're selling these or not, you're still working on a project while people are out big money!

Nice coin Jeremy, but do you realize how this looks to those who've been left hanging?

Apparently if you are making a coin for the head frog you can buy codes and produce the coin even if you have $100's of peoples money over months and months. I realize that Groundspeak takes no responsibility for the companies they list but this looks very poor, to do business with a company that is so far behind and not responding to clear questions that are asked.

I try to keep my nose out of other peoples business but this entire situation with small businesses conducting pre-sales has effected my business and I am sure others. And the only action we have seen far from Groundspeak is to cut off one vendor except for codes that go with coins they owe people (SoCal) and now to produce a coin by another company(GeocoinDesigns).

There are some of us here try to run reputable businesses and this is the kind of treatment we get. Do the TPTB not realize a significant income steam for the company is being effected and they are pouring fuel on the fire. If this is his way of helping one company out of a jam, I am not sure it was the wisest choice. No matter when the coin was discussed or produced this is bad timing and should have been put on hold until another time.

I will go back to just reading the threads and deleting my posts before I hit reply.

Mike

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that had 'reg flags' to start popping up when I read this announcement. I thought for a few minutes after reading the 'nice coin' replies and the oooww's and aaahh's, that folks are blind to the fact of seeing a wolf in sheeps clothing again.

I personally think that all should be made good with the titanic and lady luck remints before they are allowed to advertise or sell any further coins on the Groundspeak forums or GC.com

I personally have boycotted this company(and all companies derived from such) and have no desire to do business with them.

There are too many coin manufacturers out now that take very good care of thier customer base and produce good quality work, to have to settle for second rate service from a problematic vendor such as this one....

:D just my 2 cents...

I don't doubt that it's legit at all.

As far as double tracking numbers, I wouldn't imagine that Jeremy has to buy his own for his own coin :rolleyes:

Jim hasn't said that the coin would be purchasable, no clue whether it is or not, actually. Jim also alluded that it would be up to Jeremy to distribute, so it may be nothing with Jim and Paula aside from her designing it.

Not trying to take any sides here, just pointing out a few small things.

Answers would be VERY, VERY nice, though... on a lot of different levels!

Naomi :(

YOUCH. All this scathe.

I May be asking for trouble here. I'll take the risk, though . . .

Now , Please don't get on my case. BUT, I think that Jeremy wanted a coin drawn up and went with the style that he likes.. . After all, everybody Does have their own style, right.

(forgive me)

Fairyhoney

YOUCH. All this scathe.

Now , Please don't get on my case. BUT, I think that Jeremy wanted a coin drawn up and went with the style that he likes.. . After all, everybody Does have their own style, right.

(forgive me)

Fairyhoney

I agree with you on the style thing but as I said before, the timing is suspect at best. If SoCal came in here and tried to sell another coin I am sure there would be many more on the...what the heck... bandwagon.

No matter when the coin was discussed or produced this is bad timing and should have been put on hold until another time.

YOUCH. All this scathe.

(forgive me)

Fairyhoney

If I was planning on hiring someone to say....paint my portrait, I'd not hire someone who has been leading on a family member or a friend, even if they were my first choice. I'd not want to make for bad blood in the family and I'd want to be sure I'd get the job I paid for.

Some people have been waiting for designs for what?? Years??

Edited by Rockin Roddy

This is a rather disturbing coin in my opinion....

Now, I'm also guessing that something like this took a bit of time to design and work with the mint. To me, that's a slap in the face of those people that have been waiting so long and had invested money, time and faith in this company. I've read that there were difficult circumstances that prevented and delayed coins minting/artwork from getting done in a timely manner - and for that I am sorry. Yet there seems to have been plenty of time to produce this coin which only shows a lack of care for the customer.

Shame on Jeremy, Jim and Paula for treating the people that made GC and these vendors what they are with such a lack of respect and caring.

SO, did you tell us How we'd be able to get both :rolleyes: ?

As a matter of fact, I didn't... isn't that amazing?

~J

Nope at amazing at all considering no one really knows when the Titantic will dock or Lady Luck will show her hand

I am not familiar with Geocoinguy but the avatar looks a lot like the logo for Jaula Designs and this is the kind manipulation they're good at on the forums. Announce a coin, lame RE versions but gorgeous AE version (setting up for those $25.95 websales) no mention of how to purchase the RE version just.... suspense. Sounds like manipulation to me and I've had enough of market manipulation from Wall Street and the politicos. Just my observation.

Here, here (or is it hear, hear? :(;):D:D:D )

Geocoin Guy promises to be upfront and honest with the community but yet again refuses to be truthful with the community about how people are going to be repaid. But what is funny is that people are still trying to buy coins, such as this coin from him.

He said he is a man of his word but if he doesn't say anything.......

Mike

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that had 'reg flags' to start popping up when I read this announcement. I thought for a few minutes after reading the 'nice coin' replies and the oooww's and aaahh's, that folks are blind to the fact of seeing a wolf in sheeps clothing again.

I personally think that all should be made good with the titanic and lady luck remints before they are allowed to advertise or sell any further coins on the Groundspeak forums or GC.com

I personally have boycotted this company(and all companies derived from such) and have no desire to do business with them.

There are too many coin manufacturers out now that take very good care of thier customer base and produce good quality work, to have to settle for second rate service from a problematic vendor such as this one....

:D just my 2 cents...

I'll add my 2 cents here also. I wholeheartedly agree and could not have said it better.

This is a rather disturbing coin in my opinion....

Now, I'm also guessing that something like this took a bit of time to design and work with the mint. To me, that's a slap in the face of those people that have been waiting so long and had invested money, time and faith in this company. I've read that there were difficult circumstances that prevented and delayed coins minting/artwork from getting done in a timely manner - and for that I am sorry. Yet there seems to have been plenty of time to produce this coin which only shows a lack of care for the customer.

Shame on Jeremy, Jim and Paula for treating the people that made GC and these vendors what they are with such a lack of respect and caring.

I also see it as a slap in the face of the geocoin community and especially to those who are still waiting for their Titanic and Lady Luck remeints. Maybe the money from those were used to fund this coin......who knows. But I for one don't even like this coin.

I am not defending anyone here. Believe me, I don't think it would fly anyway.

But I do happen to know this coin has been in the works and well into some sort of production since March. I saw the numbers posted a number of months ago. We really do not know how long Jeremy has been waiting to get his coins. Perhaps Geocoin Design is doing things in order and this coin was first in line?

That is not to belittle all the coins people are waiting for. Just a little perspective. We have no idea how many personal mintings are involved. Those people are expecting their services as well. That some product is coming out should be considered a good sign.

No fair to flame Jeremy when we have no idea what his journey has been.

Look - I will field this as it should be fielded:

I minted this coin. I didn't design it - Paula and Jeremy designed it. It's Jeremy's coin. I am not selling the coin.. it's not mine to sell.

Jeremy chose the platings for his coin - Paula chose what she wanted AFTER Jeremy made his decision.

I posted the announcement for this coin because Jeremy said I could announce it - that's it.

You want this coin? Go to Jeremy for it, but get the hell off my case.

I have alot to deal with at the moment and I don't have the time to explain myself to you. I'm not being bitter, but it seems to me that even though I am trying to get my life back in order, All you people seem to worry about is how many flames you can throw at me along the way. Sorry... I don't play that.

This thread is about Jeremy's personal coin. It's not about me.. How about keeping your eye on the ball and this thread about THIS COIN, as per the Groundspeak rules.

I am actually appalled that the mods haven't stopped this crap - cuz that's what it is.

Now, if you want to come at me through a PM, fire away - but I am going to take your comments and others in this thread and strike it up to your character, as I always have. I dislike people too, but I don't try to screw them on a daily basis like so many of you.

Warm regards,

Jim

I am not defending anyone here. Believe me, I don't think it would fly anyway.

But I do happen to know this coin has been in the works and well into some sort of production since March. I saw the numbers posted a number of months ago. We really do not know how long Jeremy has been waiting to get his coins. Perhaps Geocoin Design is doing things in order and this coin was first in line?

That is not to belittle all the coins people are waiting for. Just a little perspective. We have no idea how many personal mintings are involved. Those people are expecting their services as well. That some product is coming out should be considered a good sign.

No fair to flame Jeremy when we have no idea what his journey has been.

You make some very valid points, but the way in which this has been announced - given recent circumstances is, in my opinion, inflammatory and ill judged. Just another example of things being badly handled - by a number of parties.

This thread is about Jeremy's personal coin. It's not about me..

If this is Jeremy's personal coin and it's not being sold then he should be the one to announce it. The fact that you did, considering the current climate of the community towards your company, means to me that it IS about you. ie Hey guys look what I did! I don't see other companies coming in here and announcing coins that they have designed but aren't going to be selling. The response you are getting here should have been anticipated.

My answer to you Rod is this -

Although my personal life with Paula is over, my professional life isn't. Paula is now an independent contractor - however, we will primarily be working together. Jeremy's coin was begun LONG before any of this ever happening.

I NEVER said that the other coins weren't produced - in fact - they are sitting at the factory in boxes as I type this - awaiting instructions from me. As I said before in the letter that I wrote to my customer list, I fully realize that the credibility of Geocoin Design is crap until those coins are delivered. Do you honestly think I DON'T know that?

Now - I have centered my attention on making good with everyone - but I won't sit silently by and be publicly pummeled - I have alot of bad to make up for - so please let me focus on that instead of having to come back here time after time and rehash all this again.

I have in the past put my faith in the good hearts of others - and that is all I ask from any of you - Allow me to make good - and I don't think that it is too much to ask of anyone.

Jeremy's coin is JEREMY'S coin - It was produced separately, it was paid for separately, it will be distributed the way Jeremy sees fit - it is a beautiful coin and I encourage all of you to 'try' to obtain one by any means possible.

I am quite certain the head frog is watching these threads, and seeing how you all act and speak of others that you "don't know from Adam", as to which list you may be put on, whether Good or Bad - or any at all.

I have said it before and I will say it again - THIS THREAD is about JEREMY's coin - lets all keep our eye on the ball, shall we?

Warm Regards,

Jim

I certainly hope he is watching. This will come up over and over until it is cleared up, either by sending out the coins owed, or by refund. I'm guessing that you didn't explain to him the thousands of dollars worth of coins you owe to the people here? Perhaps if you had he would have decided to announce this on his own.....

You are right, it is Jeremy's coin, and he should be the one to announce it. How did you think it would look? Seriously, it can't be a surprise that people are ticked that your in here with this?

I minted this coin. I didn't design it - Paula and Jeremy designed it. It's Jeremy's coin. I am not selling the coin.. it's not mine to sell.

Jeremy chose the platings for his coin - Paula chose what she wanted AFTER Jeremy made his decision.

I posted the announcement for this coin because Jeremy said I could announce it - that's it.

I have alot to deal with at the moment and I don't have the time to explain myself to you. I'm not being bitter, but it seems to me that even though I am trying to get my life back in order, All you people seem to worry about is how many flames you can throw at me along the way. Sorry... I don't play that.

This thread is about Jeremy's personal coin. It's not about me.. How about keeping your eye on the ball and this thread about THIS COIN, as per the Groundspeak rules.

I am actually appalled that the mods haven't stopped this crap - cuz that's what it is.

Now, if you want to come at me through a PM, fire away - but I am going to take your comments and others in this thread and strike it up to your character, as I always have. I dislike people too, but I don't try to screw them on a daily basis like so many of you.

Warm regards,

Jim

I am in shock over this whole thread and it is a shame to see there is so many issues out here with Geocoins and it would be nice to see Groundspeak step in and help out with all these issues.

I know that they did not create these issues but how else are we to get rid of all of this negativity and people getting ripped off.

It is real sad to see that Jeremy had a coin made and it has turned into a thread like this.

If I ever had a Geocoin made and the thread turned out like this i would not be Happy.

Does he even know what is going on here.

Does he even know this thread was started.

Did he even give permission to post this thread. OOPPS I see above he did give permission.

I hope someone somewhere steps up and takes care of all these issues and negativity.

It is so sad to see when it should have been a special Geocoin for Jeremy and have it released in a thread like this.

If I ever get a chance to see one of these coins the first thing i will think of is this thread. :rolleyes:

Edited by River Cacher

Warm regards,

Jim

How can you take money from people and not make good on it then blame people for your problems? Then you talk about peoples character. Wow!!! :rolleyes:

All you have done is shown me your character and tarnished Jermeys.