Musical Geocachers

moop

Last night I played a gig at a pub in Toronto. I happened to include my friend Zeker on my email invitation list and it turns out he plays a pretty mean harmonica. It got me to thinking that a geocaching jam might be fun. The guidelines appear to prohibit such a gathering from being listed as an Event Cache. I'm wondering if there's sufficient interest to organise one in this forum. I have another gig on the 24th October. My band plays mostly classic rock but can manage most other genres. I have a laptop computer with the lyrics and chords for hundreds of songs.

Could this happen?

Edited by moop

Last night I played a gig at a pub in Toronto. I happened to include my friend Zeker on my email invitation list and it turns out he plays a pretty mean harmonica. It got me to thinking that a geocaching jam might be fun. The guidelines appear to prohibit such a gathering from being listed as an Event Cache. I'm wondering if there's sufficient interest to organise one in this forum. I have another gig on the 24th October. My band plays mostly classic rock but can manage most other genres. I have a laptop computer with the lyrics and chords for hundreds of songs.

Could this happen?

I had a blast Jammin' with Moop & his fellow NADS. Count me in for a jam night (pssst really an event but don't tell the geocache police).

Zeker

Could this happen?

Why not arrange a camping weekend, or a meet and greet, and include a jam session (or two) as the prime focal point? As I understand the rules for event caches, they must be open to all, and not be designed around a non geocaching event to which the public is invited. In the case of a jamming event cache, listeners as well as pickers and singers are part of a jam?

Hmmm. Maybe not enough interest to warrant an event (although I might consider Mag Magician's suggestion when warmer weather returns). For those who would like a preview, we'll be playing at TKO's Sports Pub 1600 Danforth Avenue (at Coxwell), Toronto on Friday 24th October. Admission is free. I'll be the cool dude playing bass guitar. :)

I'm not sure I'm good enough to call myself a musician. I stum out a few songs on the accoustic guitar. I play mostly on my own as a way to relax, plus my fiancee loves to listen to me play. I'm far from band material, but would always love to stum a cord or two in an attempt to get better.

That's what happens when you don't start learning until your late 30's.