Colorado remembering maps in profiles

milos6058

I'm running version 3.7 on my Colorado 300. I thought it used to remember which maps I had selected for each profile. Now it doesn't remember between power up cycles. It does let you choose which maps for each profile but when you cycle power it seems to re-select all maps for all profiles. Does anyone else observe this or am I doing something wrong or is my memory gone?

Yeah, works fine for me too. I have an OSM map and the base map on the internal memory and UK CN map on the SD card. My automotive profile uses the CN map and my geocaching profile uses the OSM map. No problems with it forgetting which maps are on which profile.

I'm sorry, it's version 2.7, not 3.7. Wishful thinking I guess.

I've got 4 different maps on the SD card and two in internal memory. It seems almost random as to how it will power up. This morning all the profiles where correct except the recreation profile. It had CN09 selected when it wasn't when I powered down last night. It will be interesting to see if anyone else has this somewhat random problem. I would ask that Colorado owners be watching for this. If the map selection can change perhaps other configuration choices are changing as well?

Mine works fine as well.

Edit to add: I'd be looking at your SD frankly. These things can go bad suddenly and cause problems in all kind of equipment. Not that common but does happen, I'd say where I worked as the IT manager about 1-3% of SD cards would develop flaws. You'd expect them to just stop but a bad bit here or there can cause software to attempt to compensate for the flaw, i.e. assuming a map isn't available or possibly bad so it tries to compensate by picking the others, actually what it should od. Note that this would be an SD card problem not the Colorado.

JD

Edited by JDandDD