Hitchhiker Found.

Sileny Jizda

About two months back I was asked about a coin that had strange markings and a tracking code on it. At the time I didn't physically see the coin because the people that were holding it didn't have it on hand.

Their story to me was an interesting one to say the least. This particular coin was described to me as being found on the side of the road State Route 241 just outside of Millersburg, Ohio. It was found by two teenage girls that were walking on the side of the road to a place near another geocache. Noticing the glimmer of gold on the road they quickly picked it up, pocketed their new found treasure and went on about their journey. Once they arrived home they showed their mother this odd coin they had found earlier in the day. Their mother, having heard of the crazy antics of Sileny Jizda, called us up and asked us what we thought this thing was. After hearing the vague description of it we became excited that a possible geocoin had been rescued. It was not to be though as this coins journey took another unexpected turn.

The new holders of this lost jewel had to move. In the process they lost it and searched high and low for something that was accidentally found to begin with. Some two months later, today, our friends called us with cheerful news. They had found the coin again! With a more detailed description of the coin and a tracking number in hand we looked up the information to discover that it is indeed a geocoin.

It is our pleasure to make note that this long lost coin has come back to the geocaching world. Once we have taken delivery of this coin in the upcoming week we will verify its Found status complete with pictures as it is said to have some surface damage. At any rate a happy story to report.

:rolleyes:

As described the coin is this one...

coinimagegx3.jpg

The Tracking Number is Not Real

Super story and one which gives you faith to never give up. To bad the coin couldn't talk. My friend put a geocoin in a cache and it was discovered by another friend. When I went to the cache it was gone and not logged. What I did not know is the cache owner discovered the cache between them and me - muggled and clearly by an animal. Parts and pieces strewn everywhere but the coin was never found or recovered. Who knows, someday that one may reappear someday too.

Thanks for sharing the story.