"Signature items"

CBT69

So, a number of local folks have "signature items" that you see in every cache. A nut with a name on it, etc etc.

What's the protocol on taking them? Do you (you, the person reading this), leave them as a "marker" that someone was there?

There's several teams/people with well over 1 or 2K caches in the area, who seem to leave something in every cache.. a nut, a cork, whatever it may be. Now, when you find one they placed, there are often several in the bag with the log, but as far as in a cache they have logged?

What say you?

(It would be cool to have a collection of "signature items" that reflect the local regulars, you know?)

So, a number of local folks have "signature items" that you see in every cache. A nut with a name on it, etc etc.

What's the protocol on taking them? Do you (you, the person reading this), leave them as a "marker" that someone was there?

There's several teams/people with well over 1 or 2K caches in the area, who seem to leave something in every cache.. a nut, a cork, whatever it may be. Now, when you find one they placed, there are often several in the bag with the log, but as far as in a cache they have logged?

What say you?

(It would be cool to have a collection of "signature items" that reflect the local regulars, you know?)

I leave sig items, I take sig items. I don't consider them swag. If there are two I like, I take them, leaving only one of mine. I have a nice collection. Other cachers I know also have nice collections.

Jim

I leave Fimo sig tokens, and I collect sig items left by others. I trade for the sig items I collect. (Actually, that's the only trading I do now.) But I don't consider my own sig tokens to be part of the trade, so if I take a sig item, then I leave my own sig token plus something else.

I have one I leave a "DEW Cache Tuit" just to spread them around. I want people to take them sometimes I will leave more than one if it is a nice cache. I don't collect them I am not into collecting more stuff I have lived in the same house for 25 years just because I don't want to move my stuff I already have.

I leave signature items.

I collect signature items.

I leave my sig item with the thought that someone will like it, and take it to add to their collection, or perhaps make some jewelry out of it. (I leave Kokopelli charms.)

For a time, I left my sig item in every cache I found. Now I have come to the realization that not all caches are truly worthy, but this is the first time I have expressed the feeling/opinion.

When I come across a sig item that is not in my collection, I pounce on it 'like a duck on a June bug'!

I leave signature items.

I collect signature items.

I leave my sig item with the thought that someone will like it, and take it to add to their collection, or perhaps make some jewelry out of it. (I leave Kokopelli charms.)

So do I. I leave shot glasses with my team name on them. I don't care if it's traded for or not. I do get mildly annoyed when someone takes as many of them as they can find. :D It's always nice to give others a chance to collect sig items

Phew, I had been taking them and swapping them for some pseudo-nice pens I bought but then I started to feel a little guilty that I had been removing someones "sig" now I see its common place and I will continue to grow my tiny collection

Also I am going to hopefully begin using fused glass for my sig, I just have to wait until my supplies arrive

I've found maybe half a dozen and have traded for them. I think it's a really cool aspect of the game...and it's neet meeting cachers whose sig items you've picked up.

I started making my own 'wooden nickels' they're little paintings or sculptures on wooden discs I picked up at the craft store. I tend to be selective about the caches I put them in though since I haven't made that many yet. Mostly I use them when I trade for another sig item (since that is when I remember they're in my pack) or for a really great cache.

find as many as you can put them in a bag, and return them all to a cache owned by the person who left the signature item, what a mind f... that would be.

I like the way you think :anibad::blink:

Me too! <G> But wouldn't it be better* to pack 'em into a cache you know the sig item's owner hasn't found yet?

*since

1- how often do COs go back to their own caches

2- others, who more naturally would, wouldn't think all the CO's sig items being there is 'unnatural'

PS - What's Vinny's sig item? I mean, besides the spittle flecks.

~*

Well, I make jewlery (earrings mostly), and I had a few left over from the "Maybe I'll sell them on e-bay" days. I leave them in caches for swag. I've given away all the ones I don't wear, and now I'm gonna start making them with the Geocaching colors. I've got enough to make myself a pair and then release 11 into the wild. I hope people enjoy them, and either keep them or trade them out or whatever. One of these days I'll see someone wearing them.