Mygarmin geocaching and member status

ZeMartelo

Hi,

Does anyone know if being a premium member makes any difference for the Geocaching features at mygarmin website?

I was wondering if with the premium membership mygarmin geocaching downloads would provide more details like including the coordinates rather than just show the name of the cache?

I've also noted that mygarmin finds caches that a search at geocaching does not include in the search results and vice versa!! Weird.

Example, mygarmin finds cache GC7FE1 while on the other hand it didnt see GC10FYV (which are located very near from each other)...

Edited by ZeMartelo

Can't say anything about mygarmin, but geocaching.com seems askew somehow.

geocaching.com DOES show both of those caches in a search, it's just that from one of them the other is the 20'th in the search list, but from the other one it's on the 3'rd page of results and is the 41'th cache away. That just means that one cache is in an overpopulated area while the other is in an underpopulated area, 1.5 miles away.

As for Premium Membership. That gives you access to PM caches, but it also gives you the ability to get ALL the cache page information on any cache or bunch of caches, all at once and you can do with that what you will. I.E. Put size, difficulty, terrain ratings and so on right on your GPS, instantly, without having to manually do that yourself.

Edited by trainlove

As for Premium Membership. That gives you access to PM caches, but it also gives you the ability to get ALL the cache page information on any cache or bunch of caches, all at once and you can do with that what you will. I.E. Put size, difficulty, terrain ratings and so on right on your GPS, instantly, without having to manually do that yourself.

Thanks.

Thats what I want to know, would mygarmin trasnfer those details to the Nuvi and would the 255W show it or the only way is thru GSAK and macros and POI loader?

You won't get the details on a nuvi using the "Send to GPS" function of either my.garmin.com or geocaching.com.

You need to use GSAK and POI Loader.

Thats what I wanted to hear.

It seems that the Nuvi 500 does provide more info than the other models like the coordinates, although a premium account is needed for cache descrition and logs and stuff I would imagine.

Heres a link with pictures : http://www.gpsmagazine.com/2008/07/garmin_...iew.php?page=10

If only it wasnt so expensive... :)