Cache in Mauritius

CapeDoc

Hi

I am lucky enough to be heading to Mauritius for a Holiday. There are only 16 caches in Mauritius, pretty much all of them look to have been placed by holiday makers. I don't get the feeling there are local Mauritian cachers. There are a couple of great spots that could do with a cache. I would love to place a cache, but know that no matter how good the hide a cache will probably need maintenance now and then.

This then is the appeal: Would it be possible for any South African reading this to help with maintenance? Is there anyone who goes fairly regularly that is willing to help? If not, are there enough cachers going once only that could help maintain a "SOUTH AFRICAN" cache in Mauritius.

I know Andy is tough when reviewing caches that can't be maintained (rightly so!)

Let me know

(....and Andy, I know you'll read this, what do you think?)

Oh Yes!! :P

Mauritius really needs more caches!!

Here's the drill for placing a cache in Mauritius -

It must have a viable maintenance plan, which can be....

- a local geocacher who will maintain it for you. I'll need his geonick for the record.

- a local non-geocacher who will maintain it for you. I'll need his name and email address for the record.

- a regular and frequent visitor, who visits the island at least once every 3 or 4 months. Doesn't have to be a geocacher, and I'll require a name and email address, or a geonick.

For all of the above, the maintainer must know where the cache is, and must know enough about geocaching to repair or replace the cache when necessary.

Relying on various visitors or the broader geocaching community to maintain a cache is not acceptable.

The cache owner is responsible for maintenance, but can be assisted by another individual.

Choose your location, container and hide carefully, so that it can endure against muggles, fire, animals and the weather.

Don't be scared to hide the cache very, very well, and if necessary give a detailed hint to find it.

Hope this helps, and thank you for asking!!! :D:D:laughing: