Montreal "The Jacques Cartier Bridge"

comingoutofthewoods

Congratulations on hiding five cahces! May I suggest possible doing a multi-cache around the bridge? Since you were thinking of doing it in one general area, it may work a bit better. You could explain a little bit about the bridge at each part of it along with the next-co-ordinates :)

Also, I think this may be a bit more approproate in the Canada board. Thanks for posting!

Be sure that you comply with the "off limits" section of the cache listing guidelines, which prohibits caches hidden on, near or under highway bridges. If this is a major bridge, stay well clear of it with any physical cache placement.

It IS... but they probably can get permission in some of the area with the bridge as a center point for the group of caches... Nice area though... They could check out the cache that was blown up by the Ottawa

bomb squad not too long ago... on a local transportation bridge (pole)... even Canada is getting a little more paranoid in the 2000's. Sorry I forget the url but it is easy to search out.

Doug.

Late EDIT...

Trying this http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/local/article/88439 it was thought to be GC1DT9M now archived...

Edited by 7rxc

Be sure that you comply with the "off limits" section of the cache listing guidelines, which prohibits caches hidden on, near or under highway bridges. If this is a major bridge, stay well clear of it with any physical cache placement.

Yes!

If you cannot get permission though or don't want to, you can still hide cache surrounding the bridge if that's the aspect you were hope to show cachers. This would work as well.

The Jacques Cartier bridge is a major artery in Montreal with 37 millions of cars in a year.

To get permission to put a cache there might be difficult. It's a shame though because it IS a beautiful piece of work. Putting caches on the shores around the bride at a certain distance would be cool.

It IS... but they probably can get permission in some of the area with the bridge as a center point for the group of caches... Nice area though... They could check out the cache that was blown up by the Ottawa

bomb squad not too long ago... on a local transportation bridge (pole)... even Canada is getting a little more paranoid in the 2000's. Sorry I forget the url but it is easy to search out.

Doug.

sure will, I looked around today and noticed no trespassing signs were in a few good spot directly below the bridge, I will look again on the other side this weekend, Take Care !

The Jacques Cartier bridge is a major artery in Montreal with 37 millions of cars in a year.

To get permission to put a cache there might be difficult. It's a shame though because it IS a beautiful piece of work. Putting caches on the shores around the bride at a certain distance would be cool.

I took a close look today and saw much of the area is off limits , I will look on the other side this weekend, its a great walk across the bridge and I still hope to find a few Geo spots , I will let you know how I make out, Take Care !