Be on the look out in a cache near YOU!

Mama Cache

I drove a paltry 3.5 hours (on the way to a job interview) stopped off, ran, and I mean ran to the cache. The whole time I was driving to Portland OR, I had the song from "Smokey and The Bandit" going through my head!

The job turned out to be a glimpse of living hell on earth, but I did get an Eartha!

Drive safely and happy hunting to all!

I drove a paltry 3.5 hours (on the way to a job interview) stopped off, ran, and I mean ran to the cache. The whole time I was driving to Portland OR, I had the song from "Smokey and The Bandit" going through my head!

The job turned out to be a glimpse of living hell on earth, but I did get an Eartha!

Drive safely and happy hunting to all!

Whoot! Congratulations ;)

Delorme gave me the privilege of releasing one today...

Be advised that this is in an area considered closed from dusk to dawn.

but where did you place it, it doesn't say on the page. i am guessing NOT in california, right? ;)

rsg still looking

Right. I did leave a clue in the caption to the picture (you might have to visit the log), and I figured that a little detective work would turn it up quickly. Still there AFAIK.

Woo hoo! I got one and it's....well.......precious!

(Taken with camera phone)

img00091tq0.jpg

And all I had to do to get it was take this hike:

sdf122708fk4.jpg

I haven't officially grabbed the coin yet as I'm waiting for the current holder to drop it.

These are nice and hefty suckers! Got to see the PN-40 in action, too.

Could be my next GPS when the time comes.

img00091tq0.jpg

sdf122708fk4.jpg

I haven't officially grabbed the coin yet as I'm waiting for the current holder to drop it.

That looks SWEEET! What's cache # on that hike?

As a lurker, I just got a notice one was placed in a cache today........a "little over a mile 1 mile South of the Mason-Dixon line".....way out of my range - but check out the gallery for cacher embra with a photo which may be a hint. Cache is not logged yet.

Good luck to all seekers! Happy New Year!

Yeah, that one has been sitting there a while. I guess the fever is a little hotter on the west coast than the east.

I placed the other Eartha that Delorme gave to me to send along today...some clues provided in my log. This one is to the north of the Mason-Dixon by a bit further.

P.S. Kealia, be sure to take a look at your Eartha under direct sunlight.

Edited by embra

Yeah, that one has been sitting there a while. I guess the fever is a little hotter on the west coast than the east.

I placed the other Eartha that Delorme gave to me to send along today...some clues provided in my log. This one is to the north of the Mason-Dixon by a bit further.

P.S. Kealia, be sure to take a look at your Eartha under direct sunlight.

Well, there you go...........I just found the map. Very nice. I think the only one Maine was going to see - has been seen (and found).

img00091tq0.jpg

sdf122708fk4.jpg

Congrats Kealia! The DeLorme PN-40 is an AWESOME unit, I am thoroughly impressed with mine!

:D I went to an event yesterday and one of the attendees had an Eartha coin there to give others the chance to enjoy. Quite hefty, and well done. I've still got an eye out for one. Very cool. :D

We had so much fun at that event. I just got the coin back from a jeweler on Friday after getting the pins fixed. I'm glad I remembered to bring the coin along. I was 5 miles down the road when I remember I placed my GPS, my cell phone and the coin in a different coat pocket. A quick turn around and the coin made it to the "Slurping Eagle soup" event or maybe it was called "Slurping Soup and watching Eagles" event.

Anyway it was great talking to you. Good Luck tracking down a coin.

I was just wondering if there was any updated information about the replacement coins for the ones that were found with the broken pins. I emailed Team DeLorme, but I know that they have numerous people that log into the account so my email might have been overlooked, which is understandable.

Mine appears to be a pin made for a wristwatch band. You can probably save yourself some time and just pick one up for less than a dollar at your local watch shop. :ninja:

Yikes, that's my fault. I've been swamped working on the new Geocaching.com Initiative... Send to GPS, a firmware update, and several other goodies. I've got a set of e-mails that I'll get into the hands of a more reliable member of Team DeLorme. Thank you all for being patient, I promise the coins will go out. Sorry about that!

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme

One of the coins has been released into the St. Louis Wilderness.

*snip*I didn't see a ST.L. Cache listed.

I didn't either... :D

CF30

The coin hasn't been logged into any cache so that no one would be able to rush right out and grab it (especially the cache owner) so everyone has an equal chance at finding it.

Sweet! :D Quite a few Eartha grabs since the last time I checked in! Congrats to all of you! :)

Wasnt expecting this, but last week came a surprize package in the mail for me- YEAH the mail! Just looky at what was inside! :D

ff0efff6-4ff5-4a40-b30a-ba60dc8fc838.jpg "Hey Dad, CHECK THIS!"

d120013b-b6b5-4cfd-a143-8f6715f30e25.jpg "Holy Smokes- Gimme dat B4 you drool all over it!" :laughing:

It was a Birthday present from DafunkyFrogs!!! :D WHOA! Still have no idea as to what they went through, but for them to do whatever they did means a lot to me! :) Gots well over 12 hours into huntin this baby down on 2 different occasions where I was shut down by Elusive Eartha! Still yet had one more chance in sight just to see it was grabbed aswell!- What to do now? Guess just sit back and wait for it to come to me! :blink: Which is exactly what had happened!

So Thanks DafunkyFrogs and Big Thanks to Team DeLorme for puttin these beauties out there! :) What a Coin! Very happy to add this one to my collection! Sorry it took me a bit to post in this thread :D

Congrats to all and for everyone else- Keep up the Hunt for Eartha! Pssst, I think you can still get in on the Delorme contest- GET IN THERE!

Yikes, that's my fault. I've been swamped working on the new Geocaching.com Initiative... Send to GPS, a firmware update, and several other goodies. I've got a set of e-mails that I'll get into the hands of a more reliable member of Team DeLorme. Thank you all for being patient, I promise the coins will go out. Sorry about that!

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme

Hey, while I would love to see or find a coin, the GPS progress is much more important, keep up the good work!! :):D

One more thing! As EmmaGem fondled my treasure, she dropped that thing bout 4 times on the Hard wood Floor (Ok, its laminate) with no issues at all! So my coin took some pretty good abuse and held up nicley. I remember there being issues with the spinning Eartha, so I was a tad worried, but nothin really to worry about :D

My Eartha held up well to the child abuse...If I had an issue with the pin, someone stated that its just a watch pin and those are easy to come by, so I wasnt too worried, but it was definatley runnin through my brain. Thanks again and I hope Eartha does have a chance to venture overseas...she does represent the Earth afterall ~ :) ~:P

I have been lucky enough to discover one of these :laughing: . It was in the Hands of Joe Friday the current president of Geocaching Colorado.

I saw it at a recent Geocaching event and when I looked in the cache inventory there were two of them there at the same time, although I only ended up seeing one.

I would love to find one of these as well.

An Eartha coin with an attached TB has recently been released with a unique mission and it has been paired with a TB. Here is the mission - "250 Eartha Geocoins were created by DeLorme. This is one of the last geocoins to be released out of this limited edition set. We've paired this coin with our Mini-Eartha Friends of Team DeLorme travel bug so that they can travel from friend to friend, working their way across the country!" GEDC0084.jpg

Working "friend to friend" means, to me, hand offs and dropping into caches and picking out to get mileage on the coin. And the county to me is the World!..........Ah, so many of my friends in other countries want to see this coin..........and they should! I just received this at a fund raising event which touches all our hearts! Cancer - Relay for Life in the US, we raise money for Cancer programs and research. The Maine Geocachers had a team and we did great this year!

So, while there everyone was there with DeLorme coins wee. all, took time for some Family photos of DeLorme coins. You see forefront of the photo op - the one which will be passed on - bottom of photos, as well as three held by Geocachers and the "NEW" DeLorme coin which was found by Team Richards in a cache.

Be on the look out for the new coin - and watch where one of the Original Eartha's will POP up in a very surprised place!

Cache on - cache happy!

I've been browsing this thread with interest...

Like a few other cachers in Europe who have posted, I'd love to be able to see one of these geocoins and discover it...

So I had a look at the list of the 250 Eartha coins on DeLorme's profile just to see where they all are and I see that plenty of them are still showing as Unknown Location... but hollora's post above mentions "... This is one of the last geocoins to be released out of this limited edition set."

Could someone just clarify this for me... Have most of the 250 coins been released now? Why are so many still showing as Unknown Location? ;)

Thanks

MrsB

Releasing anymore in NY, preferably Northern NY? The Adirondacks are screaming for some Earthas!

Ya, I'd love to see one of these in NY, but for me at least, it seems that no "special" coins come throught these parts.. Im always thinking maybe there will be a mystery coin in a cache or something... but I dont think its gonna happen...

Like a few other cachers in Europe who have posted, I'd love to be able to see one of these geocoins and discover it...

So I had a look at the list of the 250 Eartha coins on DeLorme's profile just to see where they all are and I see that plenty of them are still showing as Unknown Location... but hollora's post above mentions "... This is one of the last geocoins to be released out of this limited edition set."

Could someone just clarify this for me... Have most of the 250 coins been released now? Why are so many still showing as Unknown Location? ;)

Thanks

MrsB

DeLorme had a CITO event a few weeks ago that I missed because I was out of town, but I asked hollora and a few other people who were there if many Earthas were released. All told me that the word on the street was that they were about gone. I was surprised too and asked about it when I stopped into the DeLorme Map Store a few days ago.

DeLorme confirmed it. They said that they had handed out many at functions (such as outdoor trade shows) and the ones placed in caches weren't logged so no one kept track of who got them. Only 60 or so were ever logged and they were surprised about that. I asked why they thought people wouldn't want to log them and it sounds like they've been kicking that question around themselves and haven't really come up with an answer.

Not everyone who got them were cachers and might not be aware of what they have. But what about the ones that are in the hands of people who do know what they are? Maybe some of the cachers of the unlogged coins will comment... ;)

One was released in Mississippi a few weeks ago. Memorial Day weekend as a matter of fact. I drove 1700 miles round trip to try and retrieve it. I couldn't find the cache. Looking back, I think the cache had been taken away for a few days. The owner of the cache logged the find of the coin (not the find of the cache) two days later after I emailed him asking him about the cache. I was sick about it. That was my one chance at an Eartha.

An Eartha coin with an attached TB has recently been released with a unique mission and it has been paired with a TB. Here is the mission - "250 Eartha Geocoins were created by DeLorme. This is one of the last geocoins to be released out of this limited edition set. We've paired this coin with our Mini-Eartha Friends of Team DeLorme travel bug so that they can travel from friend to friend, working their way across the country!" GEDC0084.jpg

Working "friend to friend" means, to me, hand offs and dropping into caches and picking out to get mileage on the coin. And the county to me is the World!..........Ah, so many of my friends in other countries want to see this coin..........and they should! I just received this at a fund raising event which touches all our hearts! Cancer - Relay for Life in the US, we raise money for Cancer programs and research. The Maine Geocachers had a team and we did great this year!

So, while there everyone was there with DeLorme coins wee. all, took time for some Family photos of DeLorme coins. You see forefront of the photo op - the one which will be passed on - bottom of photos, as well as three held by Geocachers and the "NEW" DeLorme coin which was found by Team Richards in a cache.

Be on the look out for the new coin - and watch where one of the Original Eartha's will POP up in a very surprised place!

Cache on - cache happy!

Oh joy joy! That is a beautiful sight! A local cacher has one. I think he received his with a purchase of a Delorme GPS?? I didn't realize he had it and missed seeing it. I would love to hold one of these, just one time! My daughter has been accepted as a intern in Nevada in a GIS program. I've told her once she completes the internship, she will need to go to work for Delorme, infiltrate their headquarters and get her Momma an Eartha! LOL! Manipulative, me??? LOL! Congratulations to all who have had the opportunity to hold one of these beautiful coins.

Cache on - cache happy!

What can you tell us about the Delorme travel bug? That looks like a glass world attached to the tag, is it?

Could someone just clarify this for me... Have most of the 250 coins been released now? Why are so many still showing as Unknown Location? :D

Thanks

MrsB

DeLorme had a CITO event a few weeks ago that I missed because I was out of town, but I asked hollora and a few other people who were there if many Earthas were released. All told me that the word on the street was that they were about gone. I was surprised too and asked about it when I stopped into the DeLorme Map Store a few days ago.

DeLorme confirmed it. They said that they had handed out many at functions (such as outdoor trade shows) and the ones placed in caches weren't logged so no one kept track of who got them. Only 60 or so were ever logged and they were surprised about that. I asked why they thought people wouldn't want to log them and it sounds like they've been kicking that question around themselves and haven't really come up with an answer.

Not everyone who got them were cachers and might not be aware of what they have. But what about the ones that are in the hands of people who do know what they are? Maybe some of the cachers of the unlogged coins will comment... ;)

Thanks for that info. :)

My hope of actually seeing one is fading fast! :)

MrsB

Cache on - cache happy!

What can you tell us about the Delorme travel bug? That looks like a glass world attached to the tag, is it?

The travel bug is a glass earth marble keychain with the TB tag attached to it. The coin is drilled and attached to it are the travel bug and three little laminated instruction cards. I think they say: don't leave in a cache, hand pass cacher to cacher, and I forget the third one. Here is the the TBs page.

Thanks Trick or Treat - 3rd coin says, Please take pictures of your travels! And I will be taking some soon.

One of the coins in the photo is logged and in the hands of Trick or Treat. Thanks Trick or Treat for being on the thread to update since I posted the photos.

Although the First and Original coin is awesome, so too the second DeLorme coin is quite nice (the flat coin in the photo). The TB was well described by Trick or Treat. DeLorme sells the keychains and also the marbles without the key holder part in their store.

This will be getting off on it's journey before 6/24 and it will be traveling to a well known person on these forums. I trust there will be a few woo hoos when it arrives.

I concur, it is odd some folks have these coins in hand and have not logged them. But we must remember, it is a game with guidelines.........and everyone plays a bit differently. I believe in releasing their Second coin DeLorme's strategy may be a bit different. Time will tell and we will see.

A quick note to let any of you holding a DeLorme Eartha 3-D geocoin know that we're going to adopt them out. Send me an adoption request and we'll turn ownership over to you. Initially we were looking to see where these coins ended up, but now we're hoping more people will log them if they can claim ownership. All have been released but only a few have been logged... Be patient if it takes a little time to turn around the requests, I'm headed to Utah for Outdoor Retailer and might fall behind on the e-mail! A side note, I'll be geocaching and giving out DeLorme geocoins in Park City on 7/19 and again in Salt Lake City on 7/22. Check our blog for more info and come on out to join us!

Thanks,

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme

A quick note to let any of you holding a DeLorme Eartha 3-D geocoin know that we're going to adopt them out. Send me an adoption request and we'll turn ownership over to you. Initially we were looking to see where these coins ended up, but now we're hoping more people will log them if they can claim ownership. All have been released but only a few have been logged... Be patient if it takes a little time to turn around the requests, I'm headed to Utah for Outdoor Retailer and might fall behind on the e-mail! A side note, I'll be geocaching and giving out DeLorme geocoins in Park City on 7/19 and again in Salt Lake City on 7/22. Check our blog for more info and come on out to join us!

Thanks,

Chip Noble

Team DeLorme

all have been released.... Is anyone in Greece? In Rhodes?? :(

I hope to find one but... I do not think I will be lucky enough to adopt it! :blink:

congrats Dafunkyfrogs!!! :( The coin is in good hands! That's great!!! :(

Edited by GATOULIS