Be on the look out in a cache near YOU!

Mama Cache

GeoCoins will be "sprinkled" by PN-40 beta-testers as well as reps to increase the national coverage.

You don't have to be near a Cabela's or REI to find one.

A couple will be placed in Colorado week after Thanksgiving somewhere along the 1200 miles of trails I have mapped.

Have to start working on locations & hints or locating an existing cache.

Edited by gps_dr

GeoCoins will be "sprinkled" by PN-40 beta-testers as well as reps to increase the national coverage.

You don't have to be near a Cabela's or REI to find one.

A couple will be placed in Colorado week after Thanksgiving somewhere along the 1200 miles of trails I have mapped.

Have to start working on locations & hints or locating an existing cache.

Sweet! How can I be a Beta Tester??? :anicute::D:D ... :(

Congrats to all you who made a grab!!! Great Stuff!... I am hopin for yet another try tomorrow! :o Not sure whats up as of now, but if all goes well...Ill be doin the DeLorme Dance this time tomorrow night! :ph34r:

Wish Me Luck!...AGAIN :shocked:

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! :D ...Yep, shot down again searchin out the elusive Eartha!

I noticed a coin being in a cache just south of SF on Sat night...was out the door at 8:00AM first thing Sunday Morn!

The drive was nice, but as soon as i started gettin close, the anticipation was gettin somethin fierce! It was an old cache, so the locals had found it, it was a mystery cache so less finders would visit...The odds were in my favor that it was still there ;)

After arriving at location, it didnt take long to find the cache. As soon as I made the grab I knew it wasnt in there... and it wasnt!

I checked all the logs front and back and no log from the cachers who dropped the coin! :) ...Somethins screwy! We found a wireless signal and reviewed all the caches they had found thinking they just dropped it in a different cache. Downloaded em all and was on our way!

Followed them in their tracks at every cache large enough for a coin and NO LOVE...Had a DNF at the closest cache to GZ, but was still determined.

After finding all the potential caches we were still empty handed...Time was tickin and we had to make it to Avroairs event, so all options were spent and went on our way.

Not sure what happened, but I really think its still there SOMEWHERE!!! I think the folks may have logged the wrong cache, as they signed the log in all the other caches we found after em, just not the one it was supposed to have been in!...WHERES EARTHA!!!!!

Still a Great day and had so much fun doin my darndest trackin her down! Great fun visiting with friends at the event and if it hadent been for this coin, I may not have made the drive! OH- I did get to grab an OG yellow jeep from a cache on the way!!! B) Yahoo!

So 3rd times a charm...and im eagerly awaiting that 3rd time!

This brings to mind the 70's (I think) song "Reunited". Remember, it goes: Reunited and it feels so good..... :D;)

I got a pretty unique opportunity to get these two together, TBN8D1 and TB2NYKZ.

Here are a couple of pictures of the happy reunion (well, for now at least)....

Lucky! I've been keeping my eyes out around here for one and just haven't had the luck! Congrats! What a great find for y'all! :)

I dropped one off in a cache in Connecticut today. Tough to let it go. :laughing:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB2NYJA

-Mike

I can see why it was tough to let these coins go.... :)

Noticed this post last night and after doing a little searching I found a small hint as to what cache it was placed in...... B)

Made the drive early this morning from MA and arrived while it was still dark out and hobbled my way to GZ sporting my boot cast and crutches..... They hardest part was making the small stream crossing without getting my boot cast and foot wet but managed to get across without any trouble.....

Arrived at GZ at 6:15am and after a short search in the dark :P with only the light from my headlamp I spotted the cache. Took a few deep breathe's as I opened the cache to discover the Eartha coin tucked nicely away with the log book. WooHoo !!!! B)B)B)

Tucked away the Eartha Coin and left an unactivated coin in it's place. :laughing:

Thanks Mike & Team DeLorme for visiting the area and leaving an Eartha Coin behind...... :D

There'll be another one going out in IL today is my plan...far western Chicago burbs....and another after that, but don't know where yet. Could have been NE Wisconsin, an early request here, but didn't have it until back from deer camp...and I don't want to wait until spring to get it out there. I was an early beta tester, so I have two to share. (and one to keep!) I'll note something that showed up on the DeLorme forum, you need to get a very bright light on these, they are actual representations of the topography of the earth, even the oceans! Very cool to see.

There'll be another one going out in IL today is my plan...far western Chicago burbs....and another after that, but don't know where yet. Could have been NE Wisconsin, an early request here, but didn't have it until back from deer camp...and I don't want to wait until spring to get it out there. I was an early beta tester, so I have two to share. (and one to keep!) I'll note something that showed up on the DeLorme forum, you need to get a very bright light on these, they are actual representations of the topography of the earth, even the oceans! Very cool to see.

Unfortunately, the Chicago area is over a 5 hour drive and the chances of getting there first for the coin are almost impossible. I'll keep visiting them in my dreams.

Well, there's one Eartha out there now. Couldn't find the one cache I went for, sucks for him. If I wanted to be this frustrated all the time, I'd have taken up golf. . .Fortunately, did find the second I went looking for. So one Eartha out, one to go.

A clue: Be careful when you fly, or you might trash into a big hill.

Edited by Zorro the Tenacious

I dropped one off in a cache in Connecticut today. Tough to let it go. :laughing:

-Mike

I can see why it was tough to let these coins go.... :)

Noticed this post last night and after doing a little searching I found a small hint as to what cache it was placed in...... B)

Made the drive early this morning from MA and arrived while it was still dark out and hobbled my way to GZ sporting my boot cast and crutches..... They hardest part was making the small stream crossing without getting my boot cast and foot wet but managed to get across without any trouble.....

Arrived at GZ at 6:15am and after a short search in the dark :P with only the light from my headlamp I spotted the cache. Took a few deep breathe's as I opened the cache to discover the Eartha coin tucked nicely away with the log book. WooHoo !!!! B)B)B)

Tucked away the Eartha Coin and left an unactivated coin in it's place. :laughing:

Thanks Mike & Team DeLorme for visiting the area and leaving an Eartha Coin behind...... :D

Woot! Way to go my friend and, now, wished I had made the ride - late into the night for the early morning cache run LOL Am very happy for you - and to leave an unactivated coin - yeah, that would be you. Congrats!

Well...well.... I'm pretty jaded when it comes to coins lately, but I'll go ahead and say that THIS one is one that I really, really want....wow.

I'm a sucker for all things astronomy related, geography related, and map related (okay...and a dozen other areas related to exploration and travel).

This is just way cool and I officially declare my absolute envy at anyone that has this one! :P

Alberta, eh? Hmmm. So if I wait until Memorial Day weekend when we go doggin' in Wyoming, I could at least get it to the high desert east of the Rockies....maybe tie it to a cow heading nort'.

Haha! :P If you attach it to a cow it'll be even harder to find one - there's more cows up here then caches!

Seriously though - this really is one of the nicest coins I've seen. In the "real" world (or at least the non-caching part of it), I would love to collect a set of globes from each planet in the solar system.

Last summer, I ordered a bunch of moon, earth and mars marbles from one of the science sites and placed them into caches. They were pretty cool - I should order some more of those.

Well, there's one Eartha out there now. Couldn't find the one cache I went for, sucks for him. If I wanted to be this frustrated all the time, I'd have taken up golf. . .Fortunately, did find the second I went looking for. So one Eartha out, one to go.

A clue: Be careful when you fly, or you might trash into a big hill.

So I am looking at the forums and this thread and I notice that Zorro has placed a coin in Illinois. Well I do the search and find the cache where it has been placed. I advise the wife that we are going on a cache trip and she says O.K. So I load up the GPS and away we go. You have to love a wife who agrees to leave the house at 8:00 P.M. to look for a coin. So we get to the cache open it up and there it is. I leave one of our unactivated personal coins for the next finder. I get back to the car take the coin out of the bag to show my lovely wife and the coin falls apart. One of the pins is broke off and the coin is in two parts :D

So the round trip from home to the cache and back was four+ hours and 186 miles. Still a beautiful coin, but broken.

Still a beautiful coin, but broken.

We'll get you a proper coin. The spinning is a key function.

I'll be in touch on Monday when I'm back in the office with info on how to swap these. I've been trying to figure out how to get one to keep for myself without resorting to theft and my jeweler wife has volunteered to fix the coin if we get to keep it. :D

-Mike

The chances of one coming to little nowhere'sville Illinois is pretty slim but I'll be watching just in case someone misses a turn and ends up here.

A GREAT LOOKING COIN

I was so wrong - I RETRIEVED THE COIN from Castle on the River (GC1CWYW)

The coin had been dropped and then picked up by someone but never recorded.

After not finding the coin in this cache and it having not been retrieved, I was extremely disappointed that I missed my chance to see this coin. But since it had been several days and no one had retrieved it, I sent out a few e-mails and located the coin. Sure enough, it had been picked up by a little cacher as a swag. I got an email back that “The Mommy” was going to return it to the cache. So I met her in the parking lot Saturday morning as she returned the coin. In order to give them a chance to retrieve the coin and collect the icon, I waited 24 hours to record the find.

I HAVE THE COIN. It is fantastic. One of the pins holding the globe is broken but still this is truly an amazing coin. I never really dreamed that I would even get to see one but now I have it. I was so afraid that it had been so close and then lost. This is such an AWESOME coin even in 2 parts.

I will be hanging onto it for a while to show it off to anyone that wants to discover it. THANKS for sending them into the wild.

Still a beautiful coin, but broken.

We'll get you a proper coin. The spinning is a key function.

I'll be in touch on Monday when I'm back in the office with info on how to swap these. I've been trying to figure out how to get one to keep for myself without resorting to theft and my jeweler wife has volunteered to fix the coin if we get to keep it. :D

-Mike

Mike thank you so much, I will be waiting for your email on Monday.

I dropped one off in a cache in Connecticut today. Tough to let it go. :unsure:

-Mike

I can see why it was tough to let these coins go.... :lol:

Noticed this post last night and after doing a little searching I found a small hint as to what cache it was placed in...... :lol:

Arrived at GZ at 6:15am and after a short search in the dark :D with only the light from my headlamp I spotted the cache. Took a few deep breathe's as I opened the cache to discover the Eartha coin tucked nicely away with the log book. WooHoo !!!! :lol::ph34r::ph34r:

Tucked away the Eartha Coin and left an unactivated coin in it's place. :)

Thanks Mike & Team DeLorme for visiting the area and leaving an Eartha Coin behind...... :ph34r:

this is positively heroic! congratulations on your find, you deserve it!

rsg

The chances of one coming to little nowhere'sville Illinois is pretty slim but I'll be watching just in case someone misses a turn and ends up here.

A GREAT LOOKING COIN

I was so wrong - I RETRIEVED THE COIN from Castle on the River (GC1CWYW)

The coin had been dropped and then picked up by someone but never recorded.

After not finding the coin in this cache and it having not been retrieved, I was extremely disappointed that I missed my chance to see this coin. But since it had been several days and no one had retrieved it, I sent out a few e-mails and located the coin. Sure enough, it had been picked up by a little cacher as a swag. I got an email back that “The Mommy” was going to return it to the cache. So I met her in the parking lot Saturday morning as she returned the coin. In order to give them a chance to retrieve the coin and collect the icon, I waited 24 hours to record the find.

I HAVE THE COIN. It is fantastic. One of the pins holding the globe is broken but still this is truly an amazing coin. I never really dreamed that I would even get to see one but now I have it. I was so afraid that it had been so close and then lost. This is such an AWESOME coin even in 2 parts.

I will be hanging onto it for a while to show it off to anyone that wants to discover it. THANKS for sending them into the wild.

WOW! I find this troubling. That "little cacher" should have bee allowed to keep that coin. I hope you told them that it was an option. I would hate to think you just stole candy from a baby.

The mother did not have to give up the coin, it was her choice. If she was a collector or knew about geocoins than she may have kept it. I find it commendable that she wanted to put it back into the wild to travel where it belongs.

I find it very disappointing that the coins are dismantling after being picked up by one or two cachers.

We've had a few pins break... I will certainly swap them out if anyone has one. We wanted to make sure they spun like a real globe but I'd caution against being too aggressive, the pins are the delicate point in the design. We QA our GPS devices for rugged, outdoor use... we were less strict with our shock tests on the geocoins.

Thank you all for expressing so much interest! I hope the new charge of coins going out through the beta testers will keep you all interested...

Chip Noble

DeLorme

A side note, I'll be in touch with luckycharmer to make sure the "little cacher" gets a coin too. There are no rules on these coins... while we like that all of you are enthusiastically pursuing them, we understand that some will be picked up by non-collectors and kept. Not a big deal... I just don't want any debates on this otherwise very entertaining thread!

Again, thank you all for turning this coin release into so much fun for all of us here at DeLorme! Happy Eartha Geocoin hunting!

I find it very disappointing that the coins are dismantling after being picked up by one or two cachers.

This is the first we are hearing of the problem.... Hogwild Stuff will of course work with our customer to take care of this issue.

My coin is in my purse and gets banged around daily and is doing fine. Hopefully it is just a small few that are having this issue.

This is the first we are hearing of the problem.... Hogwild Stuff will of course work with our customer to take care of this issue.

My coin is in my purse and gets banged around daily and is doing fine. Hopefully it is just a small few that are having this issue.

I have spun the coin we found a lot and haven't had any problem with the pin. This coin is really amazing!

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster...but I have to brag. While out with the family on a very cool Texas afternoon hunting caches, we decided to grab a few caches in a local park. We hiked in and braved the briars, but it was worth it! To our surprise we found a Eartha coin!!! We had to go to Starbucks to celebrate. Thanks Delorme!!!

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster...but I have to brag. While out with the family on a very cool Texas afternoon hunting caches, we decided to grab a few caches in a local park. We hiked in and braved the briars, but it was worth it! To our surprise we found a Eartha coin!!! We had to go to Starbucks to celebrate. Thanks Delorme!!!

Oh congrats! Be sure to examine it under a flashlight :D

We've had a few pins break... I will certainly swap them out if anyone has one. We wanted to make sure they spun like a real globe but I'd caution against being too aggressive, the pins are the delicate point in the design. We QA our GPS devices for rugged, outdoor use... we were less strict with our shock tests on the geocoins.

Thank you all for expressing so much interest! I hope the new charge of coins going out through the beta testers will keep you all interested...

Chip Noble

DeLorme

A side note, I'll be in touch with luckycharmer to make sure the "little cacher" gets a coin too. There are no rules on these coins... while we like that all of you are enthusiastically pursuing them, we understand that some will be picked up by non-collectors and kept. Not a big deal... I just don't want any debates on this otherwise very entertaining thread!

Again, thank you all for turning this coin release into so much fun for all of us here at DeLorme! Happy Eartha Geocoin hunting!

Mine popped apart last night, but it was a quick fix to snap it back together. The pins look to be a common wristwatch band type pin so finding a replacement should be easy. The upside is that they spin really, REALLY smoothly with this type of pin. :D

Of the three that I received as a beta tester, two had the pins broken on arrival. The great news is that now you'll get to see why us DeLorme fans are rabid fans. The customer service is the best on the planet, even for these Eartha coins. Once you experience customer service like this, you can't deal with anything else.

I couldn't agree more, Zerro. I've had a PN-20 for almost a year and have had nothing but good experiences dealing with Delorme.

I would be very happy to even be able to see one of the Eartha coins. Very cool.

You dont really think I would do that now do ya? :) ..... :) I didnt miss Halloween and I sure aint gonna miss Christmas! :lol:

Sad thing is I totally had a chance at an Eartha and BLEW IT!!! Jumped to conclusions and totally made an Arse of myself! Not really, but YEAH! Not sure what became of it, but ill kick myself over and over for this one! :lol:

So my last Ray of hope was swooped up yesterday...was eagerly awaiting a drop here in Cali, just to get a grab log on an Eartha I was watching...Good thing was, it was grabbed bt DaFunkyFrogs! :D

Way to go Bruce and Tammy! Enjoy Eartha and all her beauty!!! :D Congrats indeed and Merry Christmas!

Ive still got hope... As long as there is an Eartha sitting in a cache or waiting to be dropped, they'll be a BigD just a waiting for a chance! ;)

Thanks again Team Delorme!...definatley B)

Ive still got hope... As long as there is an Eartha sitting in a cache or waiting to be dropped, they'll be a BigD just a waiting for a chance! ;)

Thanks again Team Delorme!...definatley :)

Still appears the one in the Reno area hasn't surfaced.

hmmmmmmm, let's see, 8 hours there, 8 hours back - yeh, i can do that over the weekend. :)

walter the car is ready!

rsg