Be on the look out in a cache near YOU!

Mama Cache

I am very excited that I have been given the opportunity to announce this awesome new coin.

DeLorme had this beautiful coin made to celebrate the release of their new Earthmate PN-40 GPS.

33f87ab7-5147-4453-8e39-d9947b4195d0.jpg

Designed by Chris Mackey- It is 2" in diameter on the outside and a whooping 16 mm thick at it's spinning center!

This coin will not be for sale. You will be able to find it in caches starting the end of this month. So keep on caching and navigating and perhaps you will be lucky enough to move this coin.

More details will follow as they become available. I wonder who will find the first one?

Good luck everyone!

I am very excited that I have been given the opportunity to announce this awesome new coin.

DeLorme had this beautiful coin made to celebrate the release of their new Earthmate PN-40 GPS.

33f87ab7-5147-4453-8e39-d9947b4195d0.jpg

Designed by Chris Mackey- It is 2" in diameter on the outside and a whooping 16 mm thick at it's spinning center!

This coin will not be for sale. You will be able to find it in caches starting the end of this month. So keep on caching and navigating and perhaps you will be lucky enough to move this coin.

More details will follow as they become available. I wonder who will find the first one?

Good luck everyone!

WOW, very cool, we have done lots of earth caches but never placed any out yet. We would be honored to find one of these coin in North Eastern Wisconsin, in a cache. We will be on the look out. We have one of the Delome Pins.

Is this the secret Eartha Geocoin?

No, it is not, I am not involved in the production of this coin. But sure is nice, isn't it? :P

Eartha is an icon at Delorme. It's the largest, rotating, free-standing globe in the world.

Besides, if I did make a secret coin, that's a little too obvious! LOL.

Oh my God!!! I am in love!!!! :D What a beautiful coin is that!!!!

I didn't understand something, but... :)

The coin is non trackable, or it will not be activated so the one who will find it in a cache will keep it?

Similar o my previous question....the coins will have a mission or will be a present to the first who will find them?

If they are activated, and they will be keepers, they will be adopted??

It is an amazing coin!!! I hope this coin will visit Rhodes Greece!!!!

It may sound almost imposible (tourist period is about to end), but....

Oh my God!!! I am in love!!!! :D What a beautiful coin is that!!!!

I didn't understand something, but... :)

The coin is non trackable, or it will not be activated so the one who will find it in a cache will keep it?

Similar o my previous question....the coins will have a mission or will be a present to the first who will find them?

If they are activated, and they will be keepers, they will be adopted??

It is an amazing coin!!! I hope this coin will visit Rhodes Greece!!!!

It may sound almost imposible (tourist period is about to end), but....

From what I know the coins are all trackable. They're also all registered to DeLorme. They're to be taken and kept or moved on and shared as our geocaching consciences dictate to us ;) (I don't think they'll be adopted out.)

edit to add: Their mission is "Current GOAL: To hitch a ride with geocachers as they explore new places, discover new things, and share their adventures."

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

The first DeLorme coin was released this morning. It was placed into their Bears In the Bushes cache just off their parking lot.

One of the Maine cachers and lover of Geocoins, Team Richards, made a dash and picked up this awesome coin. :) I guess there were Team DeLorme people watching and it became an "event" of sorts. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, Team Richards will get onto the forum here and post his story. If you have ever read their logs when they discover coins, they usually go the extra mile.

249 left to be release! :laughing:

From what I understand members of team DeLorme will be dropping them all over the country as they travel to promote their Earthmate GPS PN-40 GPS.

I am not sure if they have events posted on thier website. But figuring out where they are going to be is not a bad idea..

Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Mama Cache

I'd guess the chances of one making it to Alabama aren't too likely, but it would be nice for sure!

I wouldn't be to sure - as I believe one has hit CA! Read on - 10/28/2008 heiro discovered it [visit log]

Wow. This is pretty spectacular.

I shall take it out caching with me on my next expedition, and find a new temporary home for it!

Thanks!

I did send this fairly new cacher an email saying - rather than discovering if it is going in a cache to grab it, get it into one's inventory and then drop it might be appropriate.

CA cachers I would be watching what heiro finds for caches soon!

:rolleyes:

Good luck all! ;)

Ah - another DeLorme coin released in CA. TB2NYTM is the coin so you can read the posts. Seems DeLorme staff are in CA doing demos on their new PN40.

The coin appears to have been found in a cache (GCJT8K) - (newbie posted the tracking number) - grabbed by them on the coin, posted they found it, but still showing as inventory on the cache page. Funny, I saw it dropped into that cache after it was grabbed by the cacher - but that post disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

Anyway,

Good Luck all!

The other coin which was grabbed yesterday is TB2NYTQ so you may track it. Enjoy!

Edited by hollora