Micro Caches

kvnfoto

Some that haven't already been mentioned....

On the larger side of micros:

35 mm film cannisters

throat lozenge boxes

preforms (soft drink bottles that haven't been inflated yet)

magnetic key holders

pill bottles/medicine bottles

On the smaller side:

paint-by-numbers paint pots

breath strip containers

On the odder end:

magnetic strips with pockets on the back for a log

small everyday things that have been hollowed out (I've seen some evil ones, so I won't spoil the fun you'll have finding these by saying what kinds of things, but just know that something can look like something that belongs there, and really be a geocache).

Some of these can be pretty challenging to find because they are also camouflaged to blend in so well to the area. That's why I love to hunt them.

But when you first start out, they can seem more intimidating. You are already learning how to use the gps to even get near the cache and how to recognize a cache of any size, shape, or sort-- as well as the many ways they can be hidden (behind things, under things, in hollow spots, etc). If micros give you too much trouble and you find you aren't having fun, save the teensy ones until you have a little more experience.

If you like the challenge and aren't easily frustrated, stick with the micros that tell you what kind of container you are looking for until you get a feel for finding caches before you get tired of looking. Lots of people tell you on the cache page whether it's a blinkie or a 35mm.

You can also look a ebay and some of the stores that are listed at geocaching.com to get ideas of what some of these micro caches look like. That's what I did and it has helped me locate them a little better. But just the other day I was the only one to log a DNF on a large cache. I just couldn't see it. I gotta go back and find it now because other people have found since I logged.

I have been to a spot that has a micro cache and I could not find it. I did not log it as not found because everyone else has found it.

Just curious, if you searched and didn't find it, why would you NOT log it as not found? After all you didn't find it.

Anyway, here are a few:

107b62c7-6769-43d8-8c68-76445aa69c28.jpg

f1ea2753-6d0d-4fdc-b735-f7c0e5a74015.jpg

aa2b3c2c-539a-4262-bf44-38af28c0dde0.jpg

Edited by briansnat