THIS IS THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THE:

Eartha

Out of curiosity how are you going to get vendors to come in here and reply to this thread? I know I haven't received an email about it yet.

What about suggesting a customer email the vendor first before they come here. I reply to emails if there is an issue.

How is a vendor suppose to know who a cacher is? I know some of my customers by their caching name/personal names but not all of them. Would be kinda helpful if you want vendors to come in here and address these issues. I can't look up an order based on a geocaching name.

How is GS planning to enforce that vendors come in here and check this thread to address issues, I know I don't want to be in here everynight wondering if a coin didn't show up.

I just want to say 'Thank you' to those vendors who have created this whole freaking mess. That's right I'm ticked off and I'm whining about it.

Out of curiosity how are you going to get vendors to come in here and reply to this thread? I know I haven't received an email about it yet.

What about suggesting a customer email the vendor first before they come here. I reply to emails if there is an issue.

How is a vendor suppose to know who a cacher is? I know some of my customers by their caching name/personal names but not all of them. Would be kinda helpful if you want vendors to come in here and address these issues. I can't look up an order based on a geocaching name.

How is GS planning to enforce that vendors come in here and check this thread to address issues, I know I don't want to be in here everynight wondering if a coin didn't show up.

I just want to say 'Thank you' to those vendors who have created this whole freaking mess. That's right I'm ticked off and I'm whining about it.

This is why I ask all to tell their friends, be it vendor or buyer, if their coin has been mentioned. I do not have the time or resources to contact them all. Perhaps it can be mentioned in newsletters, and on forums, so that the word that gets out that people are having delays, and this is why I ask for no false reports, no sock puppets, etc. I realize that there are businesses at stake, that and not all vendors are failing to follow through. With this thread, we hope to find out what delays there are, where they are coming from, and where the vendor can reply to let everyone know what the hold up is. And this is why this thread is not yet pinned. Let's see if there really is a problem first, and then find out if this thread is needed.

I like the idea Tsun had about asking the buyer to email the vendor before posting.

Good suggestion TSsun, seconded by RR, and so it is added. This is important too. You must have tried all avenues of communication with the vendor through their website/profile for customer service. If customer service does not reply to your email within a reasonable period of time (nobody is on their computer 24/7) then you may post here.

Please read the first post carefully, We have to keep the same format for individual coins. Not one long list of different coins. Follow the format in the first post for each coin. If it's already listed, add to that post, if not start a post. This isn't just to make a list, each post should be for one coin, and that post gets added to. We're not going to mix coins into each post.

Vendor checking in :D .

I will attempt to keep an eye on this thread but I believe we deal with all this sort of stuff pretty thoroughly in-house - so I don't expect to see a Shark frying over the coals soon <_<. If something seems to be AWOL, please send us a note first as RR and Eartha have suggested. Good thread though... H

Eartha I have a question about the following rule:

"BUYERS: Do not post here if you have already communicated with, and received an answer from the vendor. This thread is for those who are not getting replies."

What if the Seller is responding to emails concerning overdue coins but all they are saying in the response is that they have no updated information and do not know when the coins will ship from the mint?

Edited by kehunt64

"BUYERS: Do not post here if you have already communicated with, and received an answer from the vendor. This thread is for those who are not getting replies."

What if the Seller is responding to emails concerning overdue coins but all they are saying in the response is that they have no updated information and do not know when the coins will ship from the mint?

I cannot speak for Eartha, but here is what I think. If you can contacted the vendor 2+ times and they give you a reply similar to, "No Update as of this time", "We don't know what is happening", etc; and seems like some sort of stock reply then I would say they are not communicating and to post something here. Personally I think a business needs to be more open, to a point, and communicate what is happening. If they made a mistake then just say so and be done with the excuses. I did this with my coin recently as you can read in it's thread, I made some errors and I explained that to people. More than one user told me how happy they were in my updates in the thread and in emails. Those comments helped lift a weight on my shoulders and made me try harder to get things going faster. I cannot understand how some of these coins can be so far behind. I had issues and it was my first coin, but these here are 1/3 of a year or more behind and that is disturbing to me.

I totally think this thread is a great idea and cannot wait to see how it works out with all the issues that have been going on.

Thanks,

maldar

This is why I ask all to tell their friends, be it vendor or buyer, if their coin has been mentioned. I do not have the time or resources to contact them all. Perhaps it can be mentioned in newsletters, and on forums, so that the word that gets out that people are having delays, and this is why I ask for no false reports, no sock puppets, etc. I realize that there are businesses at stake, that and not all vendors are failing to follow through. With this thread, we hope to find out what delays there are, where they are coming from, and where the vendor can reply to let everyone know what the hold up is. And this is why this thread is not yet pinned. Let's see if there really is a problem first, and then find out if this thread is needed.

Sorry this idea is neither realistic nor sensible. Do you really think it's wise or fair to expect vendors to check for both the correct spelling and any mispelling or misnaming of their coins in this thread?

If a buyer has a problem they need to contact the vendor directly. Creating a potentially jumbled up monster thread in which publically aired complaints could all to easily be missed by vendors is fair to no-one. It will do nothing for customer service or customer satisfaction. Please knock this silly idea on the head before it gets out of hand. At the very least you should allow vendors to choose whether to opt in or out of this idea and if they opt out ensure that you moderate out all references to their coins in the thread to ensure that an ill thought out idea does no damage to their reputation.

I'm not at all happy to find you've created the complex and tiresome need for me to check this thread out regularly. I'd welcome a sensible well designed rating site or system, but I must suggest very strongly that you withdraw this silly idea before it gets out of hand.

That's obviously a problem, and should be included.

Sorry this idea is neither realistic nor sensible. Do you really think it's wise or fair to expect vendors to check for both the correct spelling and any mispelling or misnaming of their coins in this thread?

If you don't check the spelling, then you have to search manually, of course it's fair, it makes it easier for everyone to search. How hard is it to make sure you've spelled something correctly? Especially if you named the coin?

If a buyer has a problem they need to contact the vendor directly. Creating a potentially jumbled up monster thread in which publically aired complaints could all to easily be missed by vendors is fair to no-one. It will do nothing for customer service or customer satisfaction. Please knock this silly idea on the head before it gets out of hand. At the very least you should allow vendors to choose whether to opt in or out of this idea and if they opt out ensure that you moderate out all references to their coins in the thread to ensure that an ill thought out idea does no damage to their reputation.

This thread is for when the vendor is not responding. If you are on top of your coins, then there should be no need to read this thread at all.

I'm not at all happy to find you've created the complex and tiresome need for me to check this thread out regularly. I'd welcome a sensible well designed rating site or system, but I must suggest very strongly that you withdraw this silly idea before it gets out of hand.

Again, if you are on top of your coin sales, you wouldn't have to read this thread. If sales are behind, this is a place for you to communicate with the buyers who are waiting.

Since the buyer is supposed to add the vendor's name, it shouldn't be too hard for them to figure out what coin is being discussed.

Added to the instructions.

The "jumbled mess" you speak of shouldn't be too hard to check through (I say this now, but we'll have to wait and see), vendors with multiple coins in the same list will definitely warn buyers of problems. Since most vendors are responsible, there really shouldn't be too many lists IMHO. Say Tsun (and sorry Tsun, just an example here) sent out a coin to Sweden and it never makes it...the buyer won't be "airing dirty laundry" until after attempting to contact Tsun. Now, if Tsun doesn't get the email (spam filter, sent to erroneous address etc), the buyer can add her name and coin to the list and (in theory) Tsun will then know of the problem and take care of it! It could happen and likely has before! I don't see this as damaging their reps, more like assuring excellent transactions! Tsun can also add a reply saying she never received the email and all is well. Truly, anyone with a SINGLE or very few "problems" will benefit from this as their name will be seen as "in good standings" in the community!

Let's give this a chance and see how it goes? It's already been said this is a test run, let it test out! As I see it, this would be a fairer way of listing problems while letting buyers know of possible problems.

eta: ooops, sorry Eartha, didn't mean to step on your toes there!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

Furthermore, at the bottom left side of the screen, between where you add a reply and the topic, there is a little box for 'search topic' that should make it a bit easier to find certain coins.

This, like that search box, is just another tool to try to improve things here <_<

Which is perfect if this goes beyond one page.

I do not think it is unreasonable for businesses to keep a delivery schedule on the products they are making. For those in the vender field I understand delays due to outside services as I do scheduling and processing of work for this areas biggest manufacture of custom fabricated equipment. We run into all kinds of problems that effect the delivery of products, but we have to keep the customer informed and sometimes we pay a penalty for late delivery. If your not willing to have a customer as master than providing products for others is the wrong field to be in.

I think that if this thread helps increase the flow of information it will be helpful to all. If I can look here and see which companies or hobbiest's are having difficulty in delivering goods and communicating problems then I will know who not to buy from. It is imperitive that the information posted here is correct because it will have intangible effect on the seller and buyer of coins. Reputations are easy to fabricate but hard to maintain, I think this thread will help the community not by who is listed but also by who is not.

If you don't check the spelling, then you have to search manually, of course it's fair, it makes it easier for everyone to search. How hard is it to make sure you've spelled something correctly? Especially if you named the coin?

I'm quite happy that I can work out how to spell my own coins names. I'm not so confident that everyone who may post on this thread can do the same thing. As a mod and the originator of this thread I trust you will be correcting any mispelling?

Surely the best answer is to raise a new thread if someone must complain here, at least that way the complaint should be more easily spotted and remedied.

Surely the best answer is to raise a new thread if someone must complain here, at least that way the complaint should be more easily spotted and remedied.

Wouldn't that be the same as what we were doing before?

Truly, someone having trouble spelling the vendor name of uktim doesn't seem likely, almost as unlikely as you not being able to tell who and what coin the poster might be talking about. Seriously, the person posting will know your name and the coin's name by the time a problem is being reported...I would hope! Add to that the fact that the buyer is going to contact you first, a responsible vendor shouldn't have any problems at all! I'm using you as an example since you posted the concern...not picking on you my friend! <_<

While I'm not everyone, if I have a problem with a vendor, my first action would be to contact said vendor. My second action would be to contact the vendor. My third action would be to contact the vendor and let them know that my next action would be to post in this thread. I would then proceed with my fourth action...all this hinges on the fact that the vendor never returns my emails! Responsible vendors need not worry!

It's not like 2 weeks will go by and BAM, vendor is uncooperative, "I'd better report this" (IMHO at least). Soner or later, the chronic reporters will be obvious.

I'm quite happy that I can work out how to spell my own coins names. I'm not so confident that everyone who may post on this thread can do the same thing. As a mod and the originator of this thread I trust you will be correcting any mispelling?

We've already been through the complaint thread process.

Then the community opened a thread about the problem, and asked what could be done. This idea came from the geocoin community. We looked for suggestions, and this one seemed to be best and easiest to implement, for now. We want to find out if there is a real problem, what that might be, and how to take care of it. Eventually, I will try to take all these extraneous discussion posts, and put them into their own thread, so that all we have in here is the delay list. That should make it easier to glance through.

*snip*

Eventually, I will try to take all these extraneous discussion posts, and put them into their own thread, so that all we have in here is the delay list. That should make it easier to glance through.

I think you should do this as soon as possible and place a link to that thread in BOLD LARGE RED LETTERS stating to click on the link to discuss this thread and to only post about delays in this thread. There will be a few discussion post still posted here, as people won't read the thread completely, but I think we can handle them as they appear.

Thank you Eartha, you da MOD!

maldar

The other thread's rules are rather long. I didn't make it through. It also seems unweildy to run in a forum. It needs to be an online databse, with a front end that lets you see results, and search out the ones you are tracking.

For now, we are trying to find out how big the problem is. It could just be one or two vendors who are having difficulties, or it could be something more. This community wanted something in these forums to keep each other informed, so we are trying to oblige, without going into something deeper (or more difficult) before finding out how much of an issue these delays really are. The rules are simple. In a nutshell: find for your coin in the thread, if none, make a post, use the same format, copy and paste, be nice, no falsifying a complaint. The rules are supposed to be more of an instruction on how to do it, than they are rules. If you are comfortable at the computer, it should not be an issue. Threads have a search feature at the bottom left, put it to good use. If someone wants to take up something like an online database, and you can get people to use it, and it is fairly run, have at it. That's between you and the geocoin community.

Name of coin: Pocket Decoder

Name of Vendor: The Caching Place

Date Ordered: 07 Out 08

Shipment Due Date: 07 Out 08

Today i received the order. Honest seller, 5*

We must not only report the problems, we must also report the sellers of confidence, which resolve the issues without putting obstacles. :laughing:

Bolacha

Name of coin: Pocket Decoder

Name of Vendor: The Caching Place

Date Ordered: 07 Out 08

Shipment Due Date: 07 Out 08

Today i received the order. Honest seller, 5*

We must not only report the problems, we must also report the sellers of confidence, which resolve the issues without putting obstacles. :laughing:

Bolacha

The Caching Place is and has always been a wonderful company. The problem with reporting good transactions in with a thread that is specifically for coins that people haven't received is that this thread is going to get VERY long! LOL

Also, since this thread is specifically for coins that haven't arrived, when I first read it, I thought you were having problems with The Caching Place. I'm sure that is not what you intended, but it puts their name in with some bad company! LOL

It was not my intention, excuse me if I put in the wrong section.

As the title of topic says: "COIN BUYER AND VENDOR RECEIPT/FEEDBACK THREAD"

I thought I was also put to positive feedback.

I have not had any problems with the store, by contrast, I found the professionalism of them excellent.

Regards :anibad:

Edited by bolacha

I'll bring this one back to the top, because maybe SoCal is missing the pinned thread. People have gotten some of the Crystal Dragons. So why are customers still posting that after months of waiting, and other folks getting their coins, they don't have theirs?!?!

Seems like after the "yeah, we had your money forever and didn't deliver jack" thread, maybe the rest of the customers would like a warm fuzzy? I mean, there's auction after auction on Ebay selling the Dragons, so they ain't sold out.

The link to the thread discussing the fact that there are STILL DELAYS on Dragons getting to customers is post number one in this thread. FYI.

TMA