Caches on IU Campus

mntdewgoof06

Hey I'm heading to Bloomington, IN for a tennis tournament on the IU campus, and I was wondering if there are any good caches around campus..I'm a trainer and I'm gonna be stuck watching tennis all day..I was hoping to go on a few cache hunts to break up the boredom..Thanks! <_<

Not sure about good caches. I would just run a PQ or search on the zip code for IU. It's 47405.

Hey I'm heading to Bloomington, IN for a tennis tournament on the IU campus, and I was wondering if there are any good caches around campus..I'm a trainer and I'm gonna be stuck watching tennis all day..I was hoping to go on a few cache hunts to break up the boredom..Thanks! :P

Not sure about good caches. I would just run a PQ or search on the zip code for IU. It's 47405.

Yeah i had already thought about that..I was just looking for suggestions on cool ones to look for on campus..like around the athletics area of campus..

You might want to look at GCRGDW. It looks like it is close to the area you will be at this weekend and it appears to be a regular sized cache(ammo can). There looks to be a few more in the area to find as well. Sorry I can't be of any more help as I try and stay away from that evil school :D Good luck and BEAT IU :P

Chris-Team Shydog

You might want to look at GCRGDW. It looks like it is close to the area you will be at this weekend and it appears to be a regular sized cache(ammo can). There looks to be a few more in the area to find as well. Sorry I can't be of any more help as I try and stay away from that evil school :D Good luck and BEAT IU :P

Chris-Team Shydog

THANKS!!!

mntdewgoof06,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I cached in & around the IU area last fall and it wasn't very great.

Many caches were missing and many more were not maintained.

Just check the DNFs on your PQ before you waste your time.

That's not to say that there wasn't any good caches in the area, I'm just saying to take the time to read through some of the logs before going after them!

Good Luck!!!!

Dittos to what Mrs. Schmeni has to say. I was in Bloomington this past winter and the whole town was in desperate need for cache maintenance.

Like she said, watch the DNF's, but you might need to keep an eye on a few of the "finds" you see too....they weren't all actual finds when I was there. :P

It's a real shame. It's a cool town with a lot of neat historic locations. I did find a couple neat virtuals there and managed to find this:

bf9fc593-d4f6-4b4d-a4c7-91e226c78371.jpg

I had no idea he was even sick. :D

mntdewgoof06,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I cached in & around the IU area last fall and it wasn't very great.

Many caches were missing and many more were not maintained.

Just check the DNFs on your PQ before you waste your time.

That's not to say that there wasn't any good caches in the area, I'm just saying to take the time to read through some of the logs before going after them!

Good Luck!!!!

It may come too late to be of use, but I will third the comments about the deplorable state of caching in Bloomington. I made two trips down there in the spring, and they were both dreadful. I was glad that I hadn't gone to the area ONLY for caching.

Unless there's a major change in the overall caching scene, I won't make any special trips down there for caching.

However with that said, in the interests of fairness, I'd like to point out that one of the most clever and well-executed caches I've ever found was in downtown Bloomington.

Among Dead Trees

And one of the few live Webcam Caches still around:

'X' marks the spot