Muggled Out!

Placed my first cache at the weekend. I was so excited after carefully selecting the swaps, the geokids donating something each from there toybox. Got the co-ordinates spot on, did all the hard work and filled in the online form to have it registered.

Made the small mistake of placing it in a place thats pretty close to my house and heart, the local German-Austrian club under a very dence bush. The guy who reviewed my entry thought I shoulkd move it to a place that was a little further away from the club, just to ensure members are not spooked by all the new people hanging around at all hours of the night. I went back to move it to find it had gone......

Not the cache.....THE WHOLE BUSH!!!!

they are making a new footpath around the club

The guy who reviewed my entry thought I shoulkd move it to a place that was a little further away from the club, just to ensure members are not spooked by all the new people hanging around at all hours of the night. I went back to move it to find it had gone......

Not the cache.....THE WHOLE BUSH!!!!

they are making a new footpath around the club

Maybe a member was already spooked by the person hanging around the bushes...and they made a quick decision to relandscape!

Was the cache clearly labelled as a geocache? With information inside explaining what it is? If so the club may have kept it and is waiting for the owner to claim it. It may also be worth contacting the contractor that removed the bush.

I guess this is a good example of why permission should be sought with landowners.