geocoin not moved on

lgxkls

Dear all,

I released a Garmin GC which was in a race with one released by my husband. The coin was picked up fairly quickly but the cacher has not moved it on. He has had it for over 3 weeks now.

Am I just being impatient - husbands coin has been moved on 4 times now <_<

Would you email the cacher and if so what would you say - I don't want to annoy him, or should I just be a bit more patient.

Thanks for your views

Karon

Dear all,

I released a Garmin GC which was in a race with one released by my husband. The coin was picked up fairly quickly but the cacher has not moved it on. He has had it for over 3 weeks now.

Am I just being impatient - husbands coin has been moved on 4 times now <_<

Would you email the cacher and if so what would you say - I don't want to annoy him, or should I just be a bit more patient.

Thanks for your views

Karon

I would email the holder. He/She may have forgotten that they have the coin. Be polite and friendly and hopefully all will be resolved. Most of us forget one now and again. If the holder wanted to steal it then they would not have noted the retrieval!. God luck

Three weeks isn't that long a time for someone to take to move a coin, but it's possible that they've forgotten about it. The user that's picked it up has logged other coins before, and has a garmin one of their own, so it looks like they should understand that it's not for keeping.

If you decide to email them, then make sure it's a polite email, and I'd tend to keep it along the lines of "Thanks for picking up by Geocoin. Its mission is to race my husband's coin to this cache. If you'd be able to help it along its way, I'd be very grateful".

Edited by NickPick

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will have to be a bit more patient -I wouldn't say I was a bad loser but it wouldn't be right to be beaten by hubbie <_<

I suspect he's the one thats been following me round, he picked it up on the same day (to get it started) and dropped it off and then it was picked up by someone else who I hope still has it. Perhaps he will take it somewhere special and clock up lots of km.

If it hasn't been moved in a week or two I'll send a polite email.

Thanks again

Karon

Sometimes trackables get moved on a regular basis, sometimes not. It depends on how often the person goes caching and also how often the cache gets visited that it has been dropped in to. Not everyone gets to geocache every weekend.

I'd send a polite email along the lines of

"Thank you for picking up my geocoin, it is in a race with another coin, it will be interesting to see what places it visits next"

One cacher local to me has a TB that moved 9 miles in 5 months!

IMO Three weeks is way too long to hold onto a trackable!!

If i had one for more than a week I would contact the owner or drop it in a local cache.

There are more important things in life than caching(but i havnt found it) but as the cacher is active it dos seem very rude!!

A polite PM would help :)

Mine's been picked up and noted as such in the log but not logged on the coins page (as is stil showing in the cache). I'm hoping the person's going to move it very soon and remember to log it properly. He's had other trackables before.

I've got 2 trackables at the moment I need to drop. I had planned on going somewhere to drop them last week but due to a family crises never got out and haven't been near anything bigger then a micro since. If I don't get out this weekend they'll be dropped in a local cache - sadly not far from where they were picked up but I don't want to hold on for too long.

I had a London Big Ben coin removed from a cache in the Lakes, its mission was to get out to Montanna but it looks as if some nice soul has decided to keep it for themselves. Most folk who do this pastime are honest even if they are slow (I am one of the slow ones I know) But like every walk in life some want to spoil it.

Rant over