Sign in to follow this  
Followers 22
Butterfly_lady

MISSION: Santa's Mission

Great to see a couple of the elves at work.

We are all grateful to see missions being complete.

I'll update the outstanding delivery list soon.

So hot here - up to 34 most days..... That's 93 in old speak.

Well, there's light at the end of the tunnel after all!!!

I'd all but given up getting my part of the mission when I heard a big thunk on the doormat this morning.

Thanks VERY MUCH to the Atwells - I have a feeling the original mission was indeed lost in the post and it was a very kind gesture to re-post 3 marvelous coins - a personal coin, a London coin (I assume due to where I live and of course you probably had no idea I'd lived near London fo 13 years!) and a PENGUIN coin!

IN gratitude, a different sort of penguin coin will be winging its way back to the address on the package, one who has had a midas touch as it were...

A better picture of the coins soon - but here's one for now!

All boxes now ticked on my Santa's Mission ;):):)

Oops - I'm now pretty sure this wasn't the santa's mission - it was a gift from the Atwells for a different reason so uncheck the box Butterfly Lady please... Thanks to the Atwells nonetheless for 3 marvelous coins, especially for the black metal March of the Penguin coin!

Still, it made my day and I now feel some form of completion from the Santa's mission, regardless!

[Edit: I'm now confused - perhaps it was the santa's mission after all - I'd forgotten the coins were Christmas wrapped which is why I thought it was the santa's mission in the first place...]

[Edit 2: I now understand. This was the replacement santa mission (thanks again, Atwells for taking up the slack with your marvelous choice of coins!) I've now been contacted by the original secret santa whose parcel that was originally destined for me is now seemingly completely lost the post. I don't know what the original parcel contained but a Goldie Eclectic Penguin coin will go back to them too once a return address is supplied in gratitude for the original commitment and to compensate for the disappointment of not seeing their package arrive on my end. personal email already sent]

Completion of mind now at least for the Santa Mission for me finally, even if it wasn't the way we originally hoped!

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

always nice to listen in on a conversation someone has with themselves! too funny EP, too funny!

(glad you got a santa mission package!)

;)

Well, there's light at the end of the tunnel after all!!!

I'd all but given up getting my part of the mission when I heard a big thunk on the doormat this morning.

Thanks VERY MUCH to the Atwells - I have a feeling the original mission was indeed lost in the post and it was a very kind gesture to re-post 3 marvelous coins - a personal coin, a London coin (I assume due to where I live and of course you probably had no idea I'd lived near London fo 13 years!) and a PENGUIN coin!

IN gratitude, a different sort of penguin coin will be winging its way back to the address on the package, one who has had a midas touch as it were...

A better picture of the coins soon - but here's one for now!

All boxes now ticked on my Santa's Mission ;):P:lol:

Oops - I'm now pretty sure this wasn't the santa's mission - it was a gift from the Atwells for a different reason so uncheck the box Butterfly Lady please... Thanks to the Atwells nonetheless for 3 marvelous coins, especially for the black metal March of the Penguin coin!

Still, it made my day and I now feel some form of completion from the Santa's mission, regardless!

[Edit: I'm now confused - perhaps it was the santa's mission after all - I'd forgotten the coins were Christmas wrapped which is why I thought it was the santa's mission in the first place...]

[Edit 2: I now understand. This was the replacement santa mission (thanks again, Atwells for taking up the slack with your marvelous choice of coins!) I've now been contacted by the original secret santa whose parcel that was originally destined for me is now seemingly completely lost the post. I don't know what the original parcel contained but a Goldie Eclectic Penguin coin will go back to them too once a return address is supplied in gratitude for the original commitment and to compensate for the disappointment of not seeing their package arrive on my end. personal email already sent]

Completion of mind now at least for the Santa Mission for me finally, even if it wasn't the way we originally hoped!

Yes, Attwells imitate Elves....

It was a replacement Santa mission.

MS. CLAUSE CAME TODAY ;) , MS. CLAUSE CAME TODAY :P , MS CLAUSE CAME TODAY :lol: ......OOH I knew if I didnt stop BELIEVING my mission would still show up on my doorstep.........

Email sent about your original mission...

Well, after a weekend of hope and excitement I whizzed around to the Post office before work this morning to pick up my package....

...i'm sorry to say that it was NOT my Secret Santa package :lol::D

Not all was lost as it was the latest navigation geocoin from Coins and Pins and is very nice.

So, I'm still waiting with a little hope... I'm also sorry for the person who sent me the parcel in the first place, sad to see things disappear into the aether.

Check this out, Christmas is not over :lol:

Today I got 2 extra Christmas coins with my name on.

Thank you Penny and Kona for your kindness.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU !

//Solan

Edited by Solan109

When I posted that I had received my mission, I promised a photo when we opened it up at Christmas!

Just realised, I never actually uploaded the pic, so here it is!

Thanks again Secret Santa!

f4b12929-1077-4c41-a56c-2b829d11f40a.jpg

MS. CLAUSE CAME TODAY :) , MS. CLAUSE CAME TODAY :D , MS CLAUSE CAME TODAY :D ......OOH I knew if I didnt stop BELIEVING my mission would still show up on my doorstep. RSG, you outdid yourself. There was so much nice stuff you sent me and love all the coins, the White Chocolate Blueberry which I have been holding out to try until I took a picture. Can't wait to try it.You have really spoiled me. She also sent me a bunch of the siganture items that I can release into caches, here in Wisconsin. Thank You for everything, you sure made my weekend X-tra special.

HUGS My Friend,

Valarie

69b5b6be-2706-45ea-94f1-3f21b53e377c.jpg

5e7bebc3-4775-43eb-a53f-0e8914499b84.jpg

f01b99eb-ef96-43b8-88e4-a82821d47bc2.jpg

WOW!! That is an incredible package - you must have been a very good girl this year!! And I do believe I see two precious tranquiliities - almost worth their weight in gold!!

today my mailman bring me a little white box and it was smelling so goooooooooooddddddd :D

it was from FOSSILLADY and it was my SANTA MISSION :lol:

there was a candle in it what is smelling to baked apple and it is burning now.....

my hole house is smelling good to apple pie :laughing:

also there was bodylotion in it and something what i really really like...........

it are NERD CANDY`S from WONKA hihihihi

that really make me smile and ofcorse i coul`t resit it to try a nerddy :laughing:

so i open the box and eat a nerddy and they are tasting so sweeeeeeeettttttttt now i can say...

I EAT A NERD :laughing::laughing::laughing:

also there is a geo sticker and a wooden sig in it.......

and a TURTLE and i LOVE TURTLES :blink::P

also a big snowfloke coin and that is a wonderfull one..........

see it your self ..............

fossellady001.jpg

FOSSILLADY THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS WONDERFULL PACKAGE

I REALLY REALLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY LOVE IT ALL :D:D:D

I am glad you enjoy your package and your candy. What can I say this one took only 10 days from US to The Netherlands without a customs sticker and the one that supposedly went through customs never arrived. I guess we will never know. :)

Updated list - those outstanding missions as at 30 January....

(for incoming missions )

avroair

Bambography - hopes raised then dashed.

Chananda - small replacement item received

Dolfy

GBOTS - Koh koh

Lorca.nl

prettierhalf

Radio Nut50 - may have gone surface mail, allowing 3 months for this one.

Tristin GeoK9

Western Mass Clan - Big Brother (hasn't checked in & not responded, so may have received)

wutzebear (hasn't checked in & not responded, so may have received)

It's now two months since most parcels were mailed.

Yes, Atwells imitate Elves....

It was a replacement Santa mission.

Yes, yes he does. I received a totally undeserved Xmas package from said Mr Atwell yesterday....now the question is - do I return the coins along with a special Atwell package, or just send a special Atwell package? Hmmm decisions decisions...

(for incoming missions )

avroair

Dolfy

GBOTS - Koh koh

Lorca.nl

prettierhalf

Tristin GeoK9

Western Mass Clan - Big Brother (hasn't checked in & not responded, so may have received)

Lorca.nl received her's see post #1261

(for incoming missions )

avroair

Dolfy

GBOTS - Koh koh

Lorca.nl

prettierhalf

Tristin GeoK9

Lorca.nl received her's see post #1261

Update - I should not do updates after a big family gathering......

Just popping back on here to give a huge public THANK YOU to The Eclectic Penguin!

Today I received a special Gold version of the new The Eclectic Penguin geocoin as a 'supplement' to my (currently) missing mission.

This is huge generosity which was not necessary! That said, it is great to know that people are willing do nice things and show generosity to others that they have never met!

:) Thank you, Eclectic Penguin, Thank you!!! :D

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We kept the faith and tonight when we got home, a package was waiting for us in the main foyer - our long lost Santa Mission!!! This was posted on 08/11/08 - nearly 3 months to arrive!

2n17up4.jpg

2mra79i.jpg

6tlmaa.jpg

There were loads of things wrapped up in tissue, and 3 little boxes, 2 of which contained coins. We also got, candy canes, some weird rubber bands in the shape of people, a little pillow with 'Canada' on it, a calendar with canadian lighthouses, some christmassy stickers, a notepad with pen, lobster soap (we think?), a pewter ornament for the tree, a fairy ornament for the tree, a Canada snap hook w/compass, and our favourite thing (besides the coins of course) - a nodding lobster!!!

All in all, this was worth the wait! Thanks Erica & Jeremy! :bad:

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We kept the faith and tonight when we got home, a package was waiting for us in the main foyer - our long lost Santa Mission!!! This was posted on 08/11/08 - nearly 3 months to arrive!

There were loads of things wrapped up in tissue, and 3 little boxes, 2 of which contained coins. We also got, candy canes, some weird rubber bands in the shape of people, a little pillow with 'Canada' on it, a calendar with canadian lighthouses, some christmassy stickers, a notepad with pen, lobster soap (we think?), a pewter ornament for the tree, a fairy ornament for the tree, a Canada snap hook w/compass, and our favourite thing (besides the coins of course) - a nodding lobster!!!

All in all, this was worth the wait! Thanks Erica & Jeremy! :lol:

WHOHOO!! I was hoping that it would arrive eventually! I had so much fun putting it together - I'm glad you like it :bad:

:D:santa:;):santa:;):santa::D:santa::)

ANOTHER ONE

RadioNut50 long lost mission arrived in New Zealand today.

Photos not yet ready for upload. But I know he is chuffed.

A lovely Santa mug, incense cones, Christmas candles, German cookies, a wonderful wooden Christmas toy / ornament, a cherub in a cherub gift bag and....

A Geocaching in Germany geocoin!!

Both =wyvern= and RadioNut50 have had difficulty logging into the forums....

silly little messages .......

You must already have registered for an account before you can log in.

If you do not have an account, you may register by clicking the 'register' link near the top of the screen

Both have accounts, both get sent away by unfriendly little bumps when trying to log in, etc.

and both have had NO luck with the so called help.......

The help file generates an email to "noreply @......."

Guess the PTB do not want to help....

I'll post photos for them both, if they email them to me.

MS. CLAUSE CAME TODAY :( , MS. CLAUSE CAME TODAY ;) , MS CLAUSE CAME TODAY :D ......OOH I knew if I didnt stop BELIEVING my mission would still show up on my doorstep. RSG, you outdid yourself. There was so much nice stuff you sent me and love all the coins, the White Chocolate Blueberry which I have been holding out to try until I took a picture. Can't wait to try it.You have really spoiled me. She also sent me a bunch of the siganture items that I can release into caches, here in Wisconsin. Thank You for everything, you sure made my weekend X-tra special.

HUGS My Friend,

Valarie

69b5b6be-2706-45ea-94f1-3f21b53e377c.jpg.....

And I do believe I see two precious tranquiliities - almost worth their weight in gold!!

indeed! two purple hazes, one gold and one nickel.

lara