MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

I just have to brag I got a very, very wonderful Christmas package and it was delivered on Christmas day. His name is Josiah Scott Gibson and he is my first grandson. :)

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.

Ahhh, the best gift of all, the miracle of life!

Congratulations, Fossillady, enjoy Josiah and the pleasure that is a grandchild!

Naomi :blink:

I just have to brag I got a very, very wonderful Christmas package and it was delivered on Christmas day. His name is Josiah Scott Gibson and he is my first grandson. :D

Congratulations grandma Fossillady and to the lucky parents :) It was my first Christmas as a grandma to two beautiful babies, it really was fun and different :) . I enjoy it a lot :blink:

Happy New Year!

Today I opened my Santa mission from Hollora. In the box were three beautiful geocoins (I especialle love the celtic one!), a cute travelpenguin and two very nice pathtags!!!!!!! I also received christmas theme decorated oven gloves and kitchen towel (will come in handy at the yearly christmas family diner :-), christmas decorations and a deocrated sanddollar. I had never seen or read about a sand dollar before so this was very special. I think we've got similar things on the beach here in the Netherlands, but with a different shape and without the nice pattern. Now I also know were the sandollar geocoin of team Sanddollar comes from :-)

Hollora, thank you very much for all the coins and pathtags and the other christmas gifts! This was my first mission to perticipate in and I enjoyed it very much!

Here is a photo of all the unpacked presents:

370fb398-8dff-4e3b-9a1a-fec73066a17d.jpg

The cats helped unpacking, they enjoyed the wrapping paper with the cats on it ;-)

923ab944-cc31-497e-b01c-e3aad15930e7.jpg

Edited by Li-Z

After my own Santa mission it was time to open the pets mission as well. Inside we found a lot of cat toys. The cats love them!! They always like new sorts of toys and these toys you cannot get in the Netherlands :-) They've played with their new toys all day. Right now the toys are all over the living room and underneath the chairs and the cats are sleeping, they are exhausted :blink:

contents of tthe mission:

ddc68dfc-4ec1-422d-93f4-0f2120ddc56c.jpg

Interested in the new toys....:

b97b42a2-00e2-499b-ad85-ebee42c18600.jpg

She doesn't let the new toys get out of her sight

ad9585f3-5ea2-4280-a424-962302a354cf.jpg

Thank you Neko- Chan of Maldar for all the toys and of course for the geocoin '10 commendments of geocaching' (I've never seen such a big and heavy coin before!) :)

I just have to brag I got a very, very wonderful Christmas package and it was delivered on Christmas day. His name is Josiah Scott Gibson and he is my first grandson. :blink:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Oh, that is the most special Mission - Congrats Grandmother! Oh, so special....and I surely know as Amara, my Granddaughter is the light of my life... and I am happy you liked your Christmas Mission. Cache on - Cache happy and Happy New Year one and all!

I recieved my mission a little while back and promised to post pictures but havent had the internet to do so. So here they are....Thank you SOOOOO much for my mission gift Sparticus06. I had so much fun meeting you at GCF and after that with all the friendly bantering! I picked on you about snow and boy did you get me back!!!!! You'll be happy to know I have snow EVERYWHERE!!!! Arghhh! On my bed on the floor, in the hall, in the bathroom, on my desk at school, in my car, ARGHHH! :blink: Thank you for the snowy-turtley box!!!

Here's some pictures. Again you so much your a true friend...now can I borrow someone's handvac!

3142552838_1024a0c7bf_s.jpg

3142552958_4b9f43cb95_s.jpg

3141725697_baed6f2dc4_s.jpg

3142552780_3bf524c892_s.jpg

3142552904_5068438c7d_s.jpg

3142552678_42f32481ae_m.jpg

I recieved my mission a little while back and promised to post pictures but havent had the internet to do so. So here they are....Thank you SOOOOO much for my mission gift Sparticus06. I had so much fun meeting you at GCF and after that with all the friendly bantering! I picked on you about snow and boy did you get me back!!!!! You'll be happy to know I have snow EVERYWHERE!!!! Arghhh! On my bed on the floor, in the hall, in the bathroom, on my desk at school, in my car, ARGHHH! :D Thank you for the snowy-turtley box!!!

Here's some pictures. Again you so much your a true friend...now can I borrow someone's handvac!

3142552838_1024a0c7bf_s.jpg

3142552958_4b9f43cb95_s.jpg

3141725697_baed6f2dc4_s.jpg

3142552780_3bf524c892_s.jpg

3142552904_5068438c7d_s.jpg

3142552678_42f32481ae_m.jpg

ROFLMAO....told ya I was gonna send you snow. I am glad you liked all that was sent. I am also glad that I finally got to hear your reaction to what was sent. Everyone around me has learned that jokes and going with anything is my specialty. Hope your Xmas was a good one.

Mission 1 (adult)

1. Participating: email sent 22/10/08

2. Received Name:yes, 30th Oct 08

3. Mission Complete:shipped on 11.11.2008 :D

4. Package Received:YES :laughing:

Mission 2 (adult)

1. Participating: email sent 22/10/08

2. Received Name:yes, 30th Oct 08

3. Mission Complete:shipped on 11.11.2008 :santa:

4. Package Received:24.12.08 :)

Dear butterfly lady.

Thx for your great Job.

Tapahuga

We had a great time opening our incoming missions on Christmas Day. Thanks to all our Secret Santas - the packages you sent were absolutely great!

3144739148_4b7a99bbf0.jpg

Youngest GeoKid is looking forward to tasting all those flavours of Jelly Belly beans. Thanks to Team Fehling's Courtney for sending so many Christmas surprises.

3143910335_8ea6db1af8.jpg

Oldest GeoKid's package came all the way from Australia. Thanks very much for sending a geocoin from our "seeking list"!

3144735618_5748fa3fab.jpg

Mrs. GeoKs' parcel including lots of geocoins, her first ever travel buddy and a rock! But it's a very special rock: a Keokuk Geode, which is just perfect for someone who loves earthcaching as much as she does. THANKS!

We'd also like to say THANK YOU to Butterfly Lady for doing such an excellent job organizing and running this mission. Bless you!

...some mix that smelled spicy and Christmasy, a snowman, and a tasty drink recipe.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it, it was a pleasure collecting the bits and pieces for it! God Jul is Swedish for Merry Christmas and pronounced 'goo yule,' the d isn't exactly silent, it's just normally not said since we say it somewhat fast ;).

The drink mix goes with the spicy mix that you got. The drink is called glögg (gluhhgg) and it's very delicious and traditional for our Christmas celebrations. It's yummy! I hope you get to make it and that you enjoy it!

Merry Christmas, all!

Naomi :D

Hope all had a great Christmas.

Sorry to take so long to post pictures.

Thank You Rita, dish cloths & oven mints got pressed in sevice immediately, the choc's didn't last much longer, Sam loved his book & toys, the wallet couldn't have been better, we have a new magnetic cache to place & the coins will be set free at a local Country Park event next month.

Thank You butteryfly lady for organising. Outstanding idea

4v48xk.jpg

1znae5u.jpg

302ryia.jpg

Happy New Year

Stuart, Lorraine & Samuel

Hope all had a great Christmas.

Sorry to take so long to post pictures.

Thank You Rita, dish cloths & oven mints got pressed in sevice immediately, the choc's didn't last much longer, Sam loved his book & toys, the wallet couldn't have been better, we have a new magnetic cache to place & the coins will be set free at a local Country Park event next month.

Thank You butteryfly lady for organising. Outstanding idea

4v48xk.jpg

1znae5u.jpg

302ryia.jpg

Happy New Year

Stuart, Lorraine & Samuel

I am so glad you liked your gifts! I was guessing at Sam's age and was hoping his presents were age appropriate. I received your Christmas card and loved it! Happy Holidays!

first i wish you all a GREAT, WARM, BLESSED, LOVELY and a WONDERFULL 2009 B)

i never recieved mine package so i think it is lost to :wub:

thank you for the one that did send me the package i think it would be a wonderfull one :)

i see that mine package`s that i send in the world are not arrived also :)

and i hope that the package that i gonna send this year this month will arrive now the mailman don`t have it so bussy anymore ;)

I wouldn't give up on missing missions just yet even if they were sent on the 10/11 deadline if they were sent Surface Mail and not AirMail they could still be enroute

Ditto on that - I'm seeing several arriving late.

I guess we inundated the postal system with all those missions - they just could not keep up.

Home at the end of next week - will update then.

Now this is us - sorry Bambography's home for Christmas!!

:P:unsure::lol:

Thank you very much to our Secret Santa, I wish we could have thanked them directly, but the parcel came from 'The North Pole - Alaska' ( :ph34r: although the postmark said Abbotstown, PA)

So whoever you are

:lol::lol: THANK YOU :):)

We found a lovely Christmas Stocking inside the box and waited until to look inside.

It's a lovely coin for a good cause, thank you, and also for the dog & cat magnets. which included both Cassie & Misty, our cat, in the mission.

Thanks again and also to Butterfly Lady for organising everything.

64a9890b-b545-45cf-9164-3e07c4fda61a.jpg Under the tree waiting for Christmas Day

977c33eb-eea8-47ac-b7eb-5f3b9f69d446.jpg With all the lovely goodies and geocoin

56a14271-e95d-44ba-bd44-c4b7753e6d3a.jpg The Breath of Life Geocoin

Just a update: it is Jan 5 and valarie still had not received her Santa Mission yet :D

Brenda also still has not received hers.

Me neither

We're still missing one too. Mrs. Cheesy Pig, yours was definitely mailed on 11/11/08 along with 2 others which have been received (avroair and Mrs O'Dell).

I waited for a bit hoping that my last mission would come in before I opened anything but the last one just has not shown up. As for the two that I have received I have finally opened them up and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :D The adult mission and the pet mission were awesome!!! You guys are just great! :D:D:D

i did`t recieve my mission jet, but the one who had me send me a e-mail so it is good :D

she bring me on a idea :D THANK YOU ........

so that is why i deside not to e-mail the two persons that i had sorry :D

i will wait a other week and if the persons that i had did`t get the package on 15 januari i will send them a new package :D

i hope that it is not to long :D

Edited by lorca.nl

Just a update: it is Jan 5 and valarie still had not received her Santa Mission yet :)

Brenda also still has not received hers.

Me neither

We're still missing one too. Mrs. Cheesy Pig, yours was definitely mailed on 11/11/08 along with 2 others which have been received (avroair and Mrs O'Dell).

Chananda - I'm missing quite a few packages that were sent around the same time. I would love to know what has happened - but whatever it is, it's quite disappointing for everyone concerned. But thankyou for sending a package, even though it didn't reach me :)

Tristin hasn't got his mission yet but if it does not arrive, please do not send another package. There is no need to spend the extra money to do so. The one thing my dogs do not lack for is treats, toys and love :unsure: They'll never know anyhow, so thank you for the thought anyhow, myself and my dogs receive alot of special packages throughout the year anyhow.

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

oops...come to find us this is not Val's Santa Mission :unsure: it was the after Christmas Regifting/Clearance Sale Mission...so hope Butterfly lady can email and let us know if she contact who was supposed to fullfill their mission and didnt...it is diappointing when ones take on missions and do not fulfill them, it sure ruins it for the recipient that participates and doesnt get one, sure takes the fun out of it. We have heard that people dont take part in missions because of it.

Just a teaser photo.....

Look what was waiting for me when I got home from my summer caching trip.

3183054424_efdfdb6c98.jpg

WSR - you are way too generous!

Hopefully I will find time today to update the lists...

But only if it is not too hot - between 30 and 34 degrees here in the last two days!

(86 to 93 Farenheit for those still using the old imperial systems)

Out to buy another fan for my office, hopefully. If there are any left in the shops.

HAPPY NEW CACHING YEAR TO YOU ALL

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Just as I thought all my missions were complete (except for one for RadioNut50 here, not arrived)

In comes another gift....

Chur already has sent a mission to me, but decided to send another....

Some yummy items, plus the Town Musicians of Bremen story and geocoin.

3182218731_10cded4487.jpg

I am a little overwhelmed by all the genreousity.

Thank you Chur.

You are a gem.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Now this is us - sorry Bambography's home for Christmas!!

:laughing::D:D

Thank you very much to our Secret Santa, I wish we could have thanked them directly, but the parcel came from 'The North Pole - Alaska' ( :) although the postmark said Abbotstown, PA)

So whoever you are

:D:D THANK YOU :D:D

We found a lovely Christmas Stocking inside the box and waited until to look inside.

It's a lovely coin for a good cause, thank you, and also for the dog & cat magnets. which included both Cassie & Misty, our cat, in the mission.

Thanks again and also to Butterfly Lady for organising everything.

I have to admit....

I'm having a spot of trouble....

I can't place this profile against the mission database.

Have you changed user name?

I did have Bambography down for an adult mission, but I just can't find Cassie's Crusaders in the list.

What am I missing??

:blink:

oops...come to find us this is not Val's Santa Mission :blink: it was the after Christmas Regifting/Clearance Sale Mission...so hope Butterfly lady can email and let us know if she contact who was supposed to fullfill their mission and didnt...it is diappointing when ones take on missions and do not fulfill them, it sure ruins it for the recipient that participates and doesnt get one, sure takes the fun out of it. We have heard that people dont take part in missions because of it.

Your sender had three missions to send - 2 have made it to the recipient.

So I think it is more a case of the postal system letting this one down.

Sadly....

Something is being sorted out.... But it will be another two weeks....

A late Santa mission