MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

1. Participating: email sent 21/10/08

2. Received Name: 30/10/08

3. Mission Complete: 27/11/08

4. Package Received: Not Yet!

More worrying because i'm going to be away from the postal address for about 2 weeks. Hopfully there isn't a collect within 7 days rule at the post office! I leave tuesday, so fingers crossed it'll arrive by then...!?

Your incoming mission was posted late, due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances...

It has been in the mail system now for 3 weeks, winging it literally.....

So it should be there ANY DAY now.

Sadly it didn't make it to me before I left today so i'll have to hope the lovely Royal Mail will hold onto it until the 5th Jan when i'm back home.

Huge thanks to Butterfly_lady for all the excellent work you have put into this mission. Its been great watching the mission photos come in from all over the world (more so when its of things I posted out).

9733.gifHAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!!! 6797.gif

Guinea_gal:

1. Participating: 10/2/08

2. Received Name: 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: 11/12/08

4. Package Received!: Hurrah!

2 days before Christmas, I am absolutely in tears because I haven't done anything for my family for Christmas, I don't have the funds for it. Someone came through and gave me some $$ but it is so dangerous and crazy outside now! I just can't stand the idea of shopping, its so hard to sit still at work, knowing there is so much to do, AND cards AND bake AND...AND...AND...

AND my box finally arrived today! And the funniest thing about it was, after I opened the bubble envelope and pulled out a giftwrapped box and went to get my camera to photograph this step by step....my parents (both non-cachers) both pounced on the box and ripped it to pieces! It was just too funny! The box was filles with little goodies, a snowman ornament (I love snowmen!) 2 crackers, chocolate coins, a handmade card (those are the BEST!) a lanyard for my GPSr (mine is broken!), 2 tealights that I will never light because they are so pretty, and 3 geocoins! One of them I have never heard of before, and I love it, because there is a horse on it! I know the photos don't show the coins well...my camera is so particular about being absolutely still!

Thank you UKTim and family! My nephew will enjoy helping me eat the goodies. I absolutely love the coins! (Hot air balloons-yay!)

I will post the pics when I get back from the Christmas Party!

I'm now resigned to the fact that my incoming mission is probably lost in the post when this morning, again there was no parcel delivery. Again.

Having been told a while ago by email mine was sent late (but surely not this late after about a month?) I'm still not too hopeful now with tomorrow being the last delivery day before Santa arrives on Wednesday night.

Personally now, I wish I hadn't told people about this venture where I currently work and showing them my large outgoing parcel when I got really excited about it, as people ask me daily about what I got in return from my own secret santa return mission. I suspect some want to have a laugh at me as my return package wasn't possibly as bountiful as the outgoing... now they may have an additional dig at me as I got nothing back.

As down as I feel about this at the moment, ...

At least I know for sure someone else had *great* pleasure from the package I sent them - thanks for the email and the feedback here <_<:) And the whole process was still worth while because of her pleasure of getting my parcel!

I don't think my package is going to make it in time either but that's ok cause mom has been giving me presents for the past couple of weeks anyway. I'm a spoiled dog and so is my sister <_<
Did you say Sister, Tsun, did you adopt another addition to your family? We cant wait to see. What is her name? What kind of Dog?
I don't think my package is going to make it in time either but that's ok cause mom has been giving me presents for the past couple of weeks anyway. I'm a spoiled dog and so is my sister :)
Did you say Sister, Tsun, did you adopt another addition to your family? We cant wait to see. What is her name? What kind of Dog?

My sister; Dakota is a girl but for some reason everyone keeps calling her a boy and spelling my name wrong but that's ok, if you give me a treat and Dakota we can overlook it <_<

I don't think my package is going to make it in time either but that's ok cause mom has been giving me presents for the past couple of weeks anyway. I'm a spoiled dog and so is my sister ;)

My sister; Dakota is a girl but for some reason everyone keeps calling her a boy and spelling my name wrong but that's ok, if you give me a treat and Dakota we can overlook it <_<

ooops sorry:) We were hoping you got a new addition to the Family, we were hoping you adopted a new lovely dog from your local Animal Shelter. :) Keep you momma warm :)

img_x0111897aa1.jpg

Ho Ho Ho....

Santa will be busy getting those missions outstanding to arrive.

Update for those waiting.

avroair ~ From Texas, mailed early November :shocked:

Bambography ~ Mailed late as advised.

Chananda ~ ONLY ONE WAITING ON TWO MISSIONS :shocked:

~ One from Canada (mail strike problems) and one from California US. Mailed 9 December

Cheesy Pig ~ Mailed from chilly UK - 11 November :shocked:

crazybear and honey ~ From New Jersey US, Mid November. Only ONE of three missions sent not advised of arrival. :shocked:

die_anita ~ (Pet) Mailed US Mailed 8 December

Dolfy ~ From West Virginia ~ date unknown :shocked:

DresselDragons - Brenda ~ From Germany Mailed 2 December

Eclectic Penguin ~ From US ~ Mailed end of Nov (had to wait for a special coin) :ph34r:

Fairy Honey ~ From Germany. Sent in November :shocked:

GBOTS - Koh koh ~ Sent from somewhere near Santa's HQ (brrr!) Late November

KernowCachers Ross ~ mailed from Germany. Was advised there was a postal delay.

LadeBear68 ~ Mailed in Texas ~ was waiting on a SPECIAL coin :ph34r:

Lorca.nl ~ Sent from California, US. Advised by email

Maine Family Papa ~ original mission advised should have been mailed mid December, and is coin only.

prettierhalf ~ mailed from the US, end of November. :shocked:

Radio Nut50 ~ Sent from Germany beginning of December.

sweetlife V ~ One of three sent in November, and the ONLY one of the three not arrived :shocked:

Tapahuga ~ Mailed in US 2 December.

Tristin GeoK9 ~ Sent to you from The Netherlands, Late November

uktim - Oonagh ~ Sent from the US at the end of November

Western Mass Clan - Big Brother ~ Another Canadian Post mail strike delayed package

wutzebear ~"mission posted today and will be there in plenty of time (so the post office said)." 4th December

:shocked::shocked::shocked:I'm a little worried about the delays on missions marked :shocked: ~ maybe they ended up on a real snail's postal bag.

384352TYcx_w.jpg

I suspect some of the above have received their missions, but have yet to post in the forum.

So close now to Christmas. Some of you wondered why I specified an earlier mailing date.... I did not expect this many outstanding missions.....

Am away from home for two weeks after tomorrow.

So will not be able to update the database until mid January.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

And now, pictures!

The box:

303ad334-1c10-46a6-aa27-afa1685a2e5c.jpg

Displayed:

303ad334-1c10-46a6-aa27-afa1685a2e5c.jpg

Coinzzz!

65fa3aeb-3297-41fd-b5f0-3553ceda5f78.jpg

Thank you so much, UKTim!

Our last mission for Oonagh arrives safely the other day.

So many treasures that Oonagh loves including a musical card, etch-a-sketch, candy cane and 2 coins (Mimbres and Symbology) Thanks to Western Mass Clan.

img_x0111897aa1.jpg

Ho Ho Ho....

~ One from Canada (mail strike problems) and one from California US. Mailed 9 December

I suspect some of the above have received their missions, but have yet to post in the forum.

So close now to Christmas. Some of you wondered why I specified an earlier mailing date.... I did not expect this many outstanding missions.....

We are still waiting on those two missions. We are also waiting on 4 other packages that we know have been sent and have yet to arrive. Either some postie is having a good Christmas on us or they just couldn't handle the volume of post this year. No worries yet, we'll just have some stuff to open *after* Christmas and it will prolong the fun!

Have a great holiday and hopefully by the time you're back you can mark everyone's packages received!

Chandy & Ananda (Craig & Valerie)

Mission Possible? Santa Mission? Snail mail mission?

Off to bed soon ~ waiting for Santa to fill those stockings.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

And to all, a GOOD NIGHT!

Nice mission guinea gal!

I updated the snail mail to better suit the occasion! :shocked:

fa27cad2-9f73-4513-ba3b-858ac0b90db3.jpg

LOL I didn't even notice until looking at that 3 times that it has OUR name on it!!! That's hilarious!

Just a quick update to say our final 2 packages arrived yesterday.

KernowCacher_Ross' from Germany with a Caching on the Moon coin, some very yummy chocolate and other trinkets.

Cheyenne's special mission from Hanna with a whole host of goodies which had her jumping with excitement. She took the Swedish Moose to cuddle in bed last night, has shared her chocolate coins, a Swedish pen, a make-your-own bead necklace set, a fab hand made card, a picture, a cute wooden dolly. There were 3 stunning sparkly coins: A Cache Agent, A Geo Jellie and a Nerd - they are all so cute.

Pictures to follow - although the chocolates have been eaten already!

Thank you to everyone for our great missions. We wish you all Happy Holidays and a Peaceful New Year.

Edited by KernowCachers
img_x0111897aa1.jpg

Ho Ho Ho....

Update for those waiting:

sweetlife V ~ One of three sent in November, and the ONLY one of the three not arrived :shocked:

We sent all three our Missions out. Seen all post they been received. We are only waitting for one to be received. Last Mail day for Val to receive her mission.

Merry Christmas!

img_x0111897aa1.jpg

Great news - the package from California has arrived!! We got a card through this morning saying we had packets waiting at the sorting office and that this was the 2nd card but we never got the first one!!! As it was 12pm when Craig discovered the card and our sorting office closes at 11am we thought there was no way we were going to get the packages but Craig decided to try anyway, after he got back from the grocery store. Well, he got to the sorting office just after 1pm and they closed at 1pm today. However, while he was standing there on his mobile talking to me, a guy came out and asked if he needed help so Craig gave him the card. He went away and came back with *6* packages. Thank goodness because several of them were Craig's Christmas presents!!!

Since I opened the box from Germany by myself, this one is Craig's to open so it will have to wait until he gets back from Christmas shopping for his Gran.

Just waiting on the one from Canada now!

Today I received my Pet Santa Mission. Just at the right time :shocked: When I unwrapped it I was really overwhelmed. Such a big box, so many generous gifts by a sender who really has bought something for my pets (and me *hihi*) - they will love it!

Thank you so much Tsunrisebey!!!

Thank you also for the geocoins. Wow, a dragonfly talisman coin!!! I never ever dreamed to have one of those one day. It is just great!!!

I cannot thank you enough for your generosity!!

3133624492_e66ce7f932.jpg

All the nice presents

3133627774_1d0c4fbcaf.jpg

Dante exploring the Christmas card. He is now 4 years old but still fit and healthy.

3132811783_2074cd018a.jpg

Hagen and Dankwart are curious too and want to explore what they got for Christmas!

Now its Christmas eve and pat 1609 and I have opened our packages. I received one from ECHO ECHO, pat1609 another one from an unknown Santa in New York. Unfortunately the chip im my camera does not work, so I can only post two pictures I did with my PDA :shocked:

In my package I found several very beautiful coins, a little nutcracker, a metallic snowflake, a cute lttle dog, lots of candies and two packages of chocolate truffles. The snowflake has already found a very special place in our christmas tree, and we have tasted the chocolate truffles - delicous. Sarah, you sent us a very gracious christmas present, we embrace you for it.

pat1609 (i e. my son Patrick) got several coins and other gadgets and a little plastic figure. He likes his gifts very much and is very happy.

Many thanks to our Santas in Arkansas and New York and especially to butterflylady who organised this whole thing.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

doc256 (Michael) and pat1609 (Patrick)

c8e2ae4a-f569-401b-ada4-6da1aac67137.jpg

62970a0e-3eba-42e3-962b-b34d9fdac919.jpg

Edited by doc256

Cheyenne's special mission from Hanna with a whole host of goodies which had her jumping with excitement. She took the Swedish Moose to cuddle in bed last night, has shared her chocolate coins, a Swedish pen, a make-your-own bead necklace set, a fab hand made card, a picture, a cute wooden dolly. There were 3 stunning sparkly coins: A Cache Agent, A Geo Jellie and a Nerd - they are all so cute. r.

I'm so glad it got there in time, I was worried it wouldn't quite make it. It appears that a certain husband thought that mail would get delivered without problem if he left it in the backseat of his car! :shocked: Go figure, huh!

I hope she likes the coins and the other goodies! It was a pleasure to send them to her!

Naomi and Hanna :shocked:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!...eve

Not sure if I will be around tomorrow, but by ths time tomorrow, our eager little missions will be unveiled!!! :( ... WHEW, that was tough!

Just met up with a buddy a short bit ago and his little 4 year old OPENED EVERYTHING LAST NIGHT!!! She had everything (including everybody elses) opened by 5:00 AM!!! :anibad: ... :laughing: He was even sleeping on he couch!!!

Funny thing was, the mamma was up till 2:00AM finishing wrapping everything!!! So sometime inbetween 2:00AM and 5:00AM she got up and decided Santa had aleady come!!! :unsure: Opened it all by herself!!! Wrapping paper EVERYWHERE!

Good thing Santa's commin tonight! :)

Edited by 007BigD

The mail just arrived, with no mission for Brenda...still :laughing:

Your sender sent three missions out globally. One has arrived just last week.

Yours & the other one will not be far away.

Enjoy your Christmas ~ family day and know this online family wishes you well too.

Thanks for letting us know the mission status. She is just frustrated since her sister received hers a long time ago, and she hasn't yet. Hopefully, she'll have some goodies to open up after the holidays (we're heading out of town on Friday).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!...eve

Not sure if I will be around tomorrow, but by ths time tomorrow, our eager little missions will be unveiled!!! :( ... WHEW, that was tough!

Just met up with a buddy a short bit ago and his little 4 year old OPENED EVERYTHING LAST NIGHT!!! She had everything (including everybody elses) opened by 5:00 AM!!! :anibad: ... :laughing: He was even sleeping on he couch!!!

Funny thing was, the mamma was up till 2:00AM finishing wrapping everything!!! So sometime inbetween 2:00AM and 5:00AM she got up and decided Santa had aleady come!!! :unsure: Opened it all by herself!!! Wrapping paper EVERYWHERE!

Good thing Santa's commin tonight! :)

It was 2pm on Christmas day when this was posted - well here anyway.

And Santa brought me a Wii Fit & Sports!

That means less time on line, well maybe, maybe not.

MERRY CHRISTMAS DAY TO ME!!! AND ALMOST TO YOU

Well, I could not take it anymore. So I opened my present from the Graystone Gopher. Of course I had to try and guess. My first guess was a DVD and then a small box. But after a second of feeling the package, I knew what it was. I got a Lock N Lock container. Inside was a baggie with a notpad and a pencil. In the pad was a note that read "Merry Christmas! Have fun setting up a new cache. The Graystone Gopher". Cant wait to hide it now, just need to find the perfect spot. Also inside was a chocolate Santa, mmmmm, cant wait to dip him in peanut butter. And a candy cane circle, yum! Also there was a cool LED flashlight with a lazer pointer built. Been teasing the dogs with that and cant wait to use it caching. And lastly a coin that I had wanted to get but never thought I would get, a Templar geocoin. Very cool coin and very nice.

Thank you so much Graystone Gopher, what a great Xmas this has been.

MERRY XMAS to All!!!!

IMG_0137.jpg

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Yesterday we opend the packages from Canada and the States.

The only thing i can say is Woooooooooooooooooooow!

I´m really spechless right now!

So i wanna upload some pictures in the evening! They will say then 1000 words!

You´re all crazy!

So i wanna say thank you to Arne, Chuck and CR!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Merry Christmas Everyone. We watched Santa visit all over the world yesterday on www.noradsanta.com

We exchanged gifts this morning between us/husband and wife and we are gratefull and blessed with the Christmas Cheer and appreciate all the things we got for X-Mas. It is a White Christmas here in Wisconsin. A nice sunny and Bright day here finally. And like DJ.J.Rock says makes us happy to read this thread.

Mission # 1 - Adult

1. Participating: :laughing: Email sent 10/01/08

2. Received Name: 10/29/08

3. Mission Complete: 12/03/08

4. Package Received! : 11/25/08

This was way to weird. I have met only a handfulof cachers outside the US and somehow I get matchesd with one of those. Thanks so much for the coins and other nick nacks. I didn't have either coin :).

Mission # 2 - Child

1. Participating: :unsure: Email sent 10/01/08

2. Received Name: 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete: 12/03/08

4. Package Received! : 12/01/08

How did you know I liked art stuff. Half of the things I got were art related this year. My Mom already asked for the Canadian keychain. Love the suncatcher coin!!!

Edited by Atwell Family

Dolfy ~ From West Virginia ~ date unknown :laughing:

Were both adult missions from WV? I did receive one of them from there. Sadly the other one still has not come in. Hopefully after the holidays it'll come.

Appears I've posted against your sender ~ another whoops!

Your outstanding mission must be on it's way ~ Mailed in the Netherlands Mid November, which will explain the delay ~ It must have diverted to Santa's sleigh.

Here comes a little picture from our christmas tree :laughing: with some wonderful new ornaments. There's the Snowflake coin I received in one of my missions and the niche travelling christmas turtle MissMarple43 received :):unsure::anibad: I didn't find a way yet to attach the Happy Hollidays coin on the tree or my mermaid, but maybe I can tinker something next year...

c0b4bc61-ba6d-48b5-a4a4-bf1d00d3561b.jpg

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Edited by Chur

I would like to thank everyone for the fun me and my kids had with this and we cant wait until next year.

I have a bunch of photos to post and i will get them on as soon as i can.

A very HUGE thanks goes out to Chur for the wonderful advent package of 30 presents.

5400998c-5af4-4acd-adb6-68c5a07640a8.jpg

This is just one of many photos and we even took the presents on Vacation with us and opend one present a day.

be341659-a256-4e7d-8578-44b0c48b3d1a.jpg

We even got a tree to take on vacation and decorated our condo with lights and all.

f41efa7f-328d-4ab9-b177-633010b10ef2.jpg

Items above are from kid of Team Fehling for River Princess

df4d008d-5a26-4815-873d-8a2d72045406.jpg

Above is River Princess out Geocaching in McCall Idaho with her new geocoin.

65a97cf4-13d7-4ee9-b2eb-16c48a8755df.jpg

River Princess is ready to head back to the condo with her new coin after River tinkerbell was throwng snowballs at her.

6fbf6e9e-a587-40e6-b42b-7cf019af6bcb.jpg

River Tinker bells items from Geoks Kid.

af0f1bbb-5f0d-4bdd-ad97-d8ad7d4ee9f7.jpg

above is River Tinkerbell out Geocaching with her new Geocoin

12c821fe-e672-4fd1-b5d4-6f731d79b152.jpg

Showing off her new Geocoin before we head back to warm up.

04e29704-f4ea-4c11-bca3-aa1f3c7c2880.jpg

River Tinkerbell is warmed up and ready to go Cache some more.

bbfeb0b2-fa1d-4f46-b83e-d6f33c838b5c.jpg

River Princess is now warmed up and ready to go as well.

We hope all of you out there had a warm and Merry Christmas as we did.

Edited by River Cacher

Thank you so much to our 3 mission senders. We saved all 3 missions for today to open last and had a blast doing so. We all got coins we didn't have and the extra goodies were all terrific. Go Girl & King Finder were thrilled! Can't post pics right now since my other 'puter died but I did take them and hope to figure out a new way to upload.

Thanks to all involved on the missions and to Bflylady for al her hard work. Quite fun!

img_x0111897aa1.jpg

Ho Ho Ho....

crazybear and honey ~ From New Jersey US, Mid November. Only ONE of three missions sent not advised of arrival. :rolleyes:

The last Updated:

Mission #1

1. Participating: E-mail sent 31.10.2008

2. Received Name: 31.10.2008

3. Mission Complete: 14.11.2008

4. Package Received!: YES

Mission#2

Mission#3

Many thanks to all the secret santas. Which a realy great christmastime to all.

Greatings René

I was the NJ mission and it was received on 12/3/08

I got my Mission and we opened it yesterday! :blink::):D

e3bed28d-d65e-4a08-a280-1b3d243051ba.jpg

Inside was full of goodies for me! :) I got Chocolate coins (that daddy wouldnt let me eat)...(actually it was mommy :cool: ) 2 Ornaments for the tree, a Geokids coin with a pin and a Piggy Bank coin!...OH and a SQUAKING KIWI!!! :lol: I loved it!!!

ecf01bf1-b35c-4f98-878f-14157530da46.jpg

I only look upset because I cant have my Chocolate coins!... DADDY ATE ONE!!! :angry:

08c82496-ae41-42a1-9946-2251eeb16023.jpg

Thank You Butterfly Lady for the Great mission!!! :D:cool::cool:

Daddy will post his later! :cool: ....... :)

Edited by EmmaGem

I received my gift on Nov 17th, but waited until Christmas to open it and it was well worth the wait!

When I opened the box I was thrilled to find a lovely card, geocaching stickers, bracelet and 16 gold wrapped packages.

SantaMission1.JPG

I received

 Great caching items - 2 flashlights (one for my caching bag and for my keychain), a toolkit, 2 micro caches, and a logbook

 4 Beautiful Christmas lights - I will put these on my desk at work. They will fit perfectly below the computer monitor, are delightful to see and will be there all year long.

 A new wallet that will be perfect for caching.

 A dazzling barrette that I can wear on New Years Eve.

 3 key rings with tokens. I had no idea what the tokens were for. Luckily this year my husband’s nephew and his family, who now live in England, were here for the Holidays. They told us the tokens are for shopping carts. They explained that you put in a pound coin or one of these tokens to get a shopping cart and when you return the cart you get a coin/token back. This ensures the carts are returned. A great idea I think we could use this process in the States, just image, no carts left all over the parking lot.

 A very nice Angle of the North Garmin Coin. It is our very first Garmin coin and will be displayed in our home.

Thank you very much Wadders!! You are a Superb Secret Santa!!

Thank you Butterfly Lady you are a true Christmas Angel!

SantaMission2.JPG

The geodogs Judd and Wyatt Earp would like to thank Rosie, Ozzie and Duke for the big box they send them :D

What they found inside: two toys, treats, a personal postcard, a cute little felt bag, a pictures album, a sticky notes pad and a Christmas tree grow kit.

While they were having fun going through that smelly stuff, we grabbed a bag with all the following coinage:

cc Nerds, Cachin in the Holidays, Happy Holidays Oakcoins, Tank Hounds personal, Kimba Off Track GeoTag and 3 pathtags.

Wyatt really likes his chew meter bone. That's what he took first from the box. Judd prefers the treats :)

mission_c.jpg

mission_c1.jpg

We were very happy to receive the Tank Hounds coin :)

You really spoiled us and our two furry friends :blink:

Thanks a lot!

Happy New Year 2009!

We opened our Adult mission which was coming all the way from UK. Inside we found a Christmas card, a snowman, many little bags of candies, small candles, chocolates, treats, a lollipop and some crackers.

We also found the following coins: The Golden Age of the Heavy Horse, Horses Around the World-Arabian, Geoswags Grab Bag and the Appalachian Trail Final.

How did you know I like horses :blink: I was especially happy to get the Appalachian trail coin which I like very much.

mission_a.jpg

Thanks uktim for all those gifts! :)

We wish you and your family a Happy New Year!

Last night as we were celebrating Christmas with all the family, we opened K-9 Junior Child mission. Let's say he was sleeping all that time :blink: We shared the content with his parents. They took the real cute snowman and tiny mittens for Etienne and mom took the Pez and the Crunch candies.

Grandma took the precious content which included the following: Fortune Favors the Bold, First to Find v2, Geocoin Chicks of MWGB and two pathtags :D

mission_e.jpg

We want to thank King Finder and his family and wish them a Happy New Year 09 :)