MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

Mission#2 (Adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent, October 3

2. Received Name: Yes, October 30

3. Outgoing Package Complete: Mailed 11/17/2008, on its way across the ocean. santa_signal.gif

4. Incoming Package Received!: YES! Today, 12/18/2008 from Texas.

Thank you so much Nursegirl / Team Fireboy!! We received a WONDERFUL mission today all the way from Texas (where apparently, everything is BIGGER!). Our mission contained 9 (!!!) geocoins, 3 path tags, an emergency blanket, a santa pez dispenser, whoppers candies, m&ms, reindeer plushie, hot chocolate, and Magic grow towelettes (in the pic one is missing because it was currently "growing"). Thank you so much!! Your generosity was so appreciated. Before these missions, we did not own any geocoins, since we have only been caching since September. Our coin collection grew by leaps. Thanks so much! The owl coin (sorry, we do not know the "official" names of all the coins) and the pirate booty coins were our favorites, but we LOVE all of them!!

EDIT: Pianissimo (my caching partner) asked me to edit this post and tell you all that he had NEVER (??) had Pez before, and always wanted to try it growing up. Now he has. He also wanted one of the magic grow animals that you put in water, and now he has tried that too. Also, in a video game, he plays a character that looks ALOT like the owl on the coin you sent. It was his absolute favorite coin, although he loved them all. AND, to top it all off, he was tickled that "nursegirl" was one of his mission senders, because he is currently a nursing student at University of Michigan- Flint. Isn't life funny sometimes? :lol: Thanks for knowing exactly what he wanted!!

This was our first time participating in a mission, and it was such a good time. Thank you so much!!

And thank you SO MUCH butterfly lady for organizing this mission. It must have taken quite a lot of time and effort. Thank you so much for doing this for us.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, season's greetings everyone. ;):D:ph34r:

IMG003.jpg

Edited by laura2000mi

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name:10/29/08

3. Mission Complete: Yes

4. Package Received!: Yes

2. Received Name:10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: Yes

4. Package Received!:Yes Big Bad John

2. Received Name:10/30/08

3. Mission Complete:Yes

4. Package Received!: No

Edited by kd&prettierhalf

I just went to the Post Office to get the box that I thought was going to be my Look Twice Geocoins, but those are from Texas, and this box is from Canada!! WooHoo, now I'm off to take pictures and open it up!!!!!!

The outside box said I could open it before Christmas, so maybe that means I have to wait to open the inside box. At least there are plenty of newspaper pages to read while I wait...even a story about the REAL von Trapp children!!

MISSION # 1

1. Participating.... Yes

2. Received name.... Yes

3. Mission Complete.... Yes.-

4. Package Received.... yes. - from Millieballon

MISSION # 2

1. Participating.... Yes

2. Received name.... Yes

3. Mission Complete.... Yes. -

4. Package Received.... yes.- from ES, PA

MISSION #3

1. Participating.... Yes

2. Received name.... Yes

3. Mission Complete.... Yes.

4. Package Received.... NO

Mission 1: Li-Z (myself)

1. Participating: E-mail sent

2. Received Name: YES!

3. Mission Complete: Yes! mission sent 15/11/08

4. Package Received!: Yes! mission received 13/11/08

Mission 2: Zappa & Mizuki (our two cats)

1. Participating: E-mail sent

2. Received Name: YES!

3. Mission Complete: Yes! mission sent 15/1108

4. Package Received!: Yes!

I received both missions but still waiting with opening ;-) I think I will open the packages beginning next week as I won't be home for christmas. I will also post photos then!

Butterfly Lady.

Update.. my mission was received a long time ago. I posted that, but no pictures due to no camera at the time.

The mission I sent has been received..see above post. I was a bit late on it. Sorry about that.

Jodi - NurseGirl formerly Team FireBoy

Thanks - I missed a couple of posts - good to back on track.

The outstanding "received mission" list is shortening everyday!

1. Participating: email sent 21/10/08

2. Received Name: 30/10/08

3. Mission Complete: 27/11/08

4. Package Received: Not Yet!

More worrying because i'm going to be away from the postal address for about 2 weeks. Hopfully there isn't a collect within 7 days rule at the post office! I leave tuesday, so fingers crossed it'll arrive by then...!?

More worrying because i'm going to be away from the postal address for about 2 weeks. Hopfully there isn't a collect within 7 days rule at the post office! I leave tuesday, so fingers crossed it'll arrive by then...!?

Post Office will keep the parcel for three weeks before returning it to sender, although with all Christmas season it maybe a little longer (you should be ok)

Post Office will keep the parcel for three weeks before returning it to sender, although with all Christmas season it maybe a little longer (you should be ok)

Don't you have the possibility to let your mail be kept back? We can inform our post office that we are in holiday and so they keep all the mail back until we come back to collect it.

Cheers, I hope so!

Don't you have the possibility to let your mail be kept back? We can inform our post office that we are in holiday and so they keep all the mail back until we come back to collect it.

Not that i've heard of and if they do they'll charge! Its the only thing due so think i'll risk it.

Your incoming mission was posted late, due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances...

It has been in the mail system now for 3 weeks, winging it literally.....

So it should be there ANY DAY now.

Your incoming mission was posted late, due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances...

It has been in the mail system now for 3 weeks, winging it literally.....

So it should be there ANY DAY now.

Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed for tuesday!

Just wanted to show you our three Misssion gifts under our Christmas tree. As you can see, we didn't open them yet :(

I can't believe you have the willpower!!! lol

I think there is an expression that says ¨Where there is will there is power¨ :D

Just hope it sounds correct the way I wrote it :D

We'll wait for the moose to be asleep and we will make our way under the tree ;)

on_ww506f_santa_list.jpg

Santa's checking the list again......

The following are currently still waiting on their incoming missions

If Santa has missed your post about the receipt of your mission, please post again.

It's been a long task keeping track of all the missions.

CHILDREN MISSIONS

Chananda

OshnDoc - Anja

TheEssexKellys

uktim - Oonagh

Western Mass Clan - Big Brother

PET MISSIONS

dark_onyx1982

die_anita

GBOTS - Koh koh

Tristin GeoK9

ADULT MISSIONS

DresselDragons - Brenda Dressel (age 13)

avroair

Bambography

Chananda

Cheesy Pig

crazybear and honey

Dolfy

Dolfy

Eclectic Penguin

Fairy Honey

guinea_gal

KernowCachers Ross

LadeBear68

Lorca.nl

prettierhalf

Radio Nut50

River Cacher

stellarscapes

sweetlife V

Tapahuga

TeamAmaroo

wutzebear

If Santa has missed your post about the receipt of your mission, please post again.

One of my adult missions has come in from WV but the other has not. :(

Mission 1 - Adult

1. Participating: yes (10/2/08)

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes (12/10/2008)

4. Package Received!: YES!!! Thank you so much for all the goodies Fiabus! I really love the handmade card! I will post pictures here as soon as I unpack my camera.

Mission 2- Pet

1. Participating: yes (10/2/08)

2. Received Name: rec'd 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete:yes (12/11/2008)

4. Package Received!: yes! Thank you!

Mission 1 - Adult

I received my mission, literally ages ago but had to wait until Ella had received hers to open it!! I was thrilled to receive two gorgeous coins, that I've almost bought before - a Greatest Cache and a Key to the Cache (I think) coins - they are beautiful.

Included in my packages was some bath salts, candy, lollipop and wooden decorations. Thank you for my package to those in Ogden - Sofi and Holmbiorn - it was gratefully received and appreciated.

Mission 2 - Child

Ella answered the door to the postman on Saturday and was so excited that there was a package for her! So she sat down ripped it open - thank you for the beautiful sparkles that decorated my carpet!! Ella was pleased to receive three beautiful coins that she wants to put in treasure!! She received a First to Find coin, a Fortune Favours the Bold geocoin, 2 pathtags and a sparkly green duck coin - I'm not sure what this one is called.

She also received a Christmas candy decorations, some mittens for the Christmas, a snowman and a dog candy dispenser - this was - and still is her favourite!!!

We don't know who this was from but I'm going to investigate to say thank you, although this may prove difficult as Ella trashed the envelope.....

I will try and post some pictures.

I want to say a huge thank you for the senders of our gifts, they were truly love. Thank you also to those who received gifts from us for the lovely pictures and emails we've received. And thank you to butterfly lady for organising this mission.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.

Becky & Ella

TheEssexKellys

Here's my second Mission, under my Tree.

47eea085-93b4-4a3c-bae1-1d607d002a5f.jpg

that's on your big truck! i love it. very fun robert. have you received my package yet? should have had it by now. not a mission though.

rsg

That is on the Grill of the Big Truck(a cookie plater). Many drivers have a wreath, but I like something a little different. I have not received a Package from you (yet??). There is one waiting for me that would not fit in the box, and I got there 30 min after closing yesterday, so i will have to get it some other time. I don't know who it is from, I am expecting several. I thank you in advance for whatever you have sent to me. Marry Crhistmas Everyone. I'm off to S. Dakota, and may be stuck there for the holiday. This load delivers on Christmas Eve. Anyone in Bismark??

on_ww506f_santa_list.jpg

CHILDREN MISSIONS

Chananda

ADULT MISSIONS

Chananda

Errr... we never signed up for a child mission, we signed up for 3 adult missions!! And we have still not received 2 of them.

Bump - willing those missions to arrive by Christmas Eve

CHILDREN MISSIONS

DresselDragons - Brenda Dressel

OshnDoc - Anja

TheEssexKellys

uktim - Oonagh

Western Mass Clan - Big Brother

PET MISSIONS

dark_onyx1982

die_anita

GBOTS - Koh koh

Tristin GeoK9

ADULT MISSIONS

avroair

Bambography

Chananda

Chananda

Cheesy Pig

crazybear and honey

Dolfy

Dolfy

Eclectic Penguin

Fairy Honey

guinea_gal

KernowCachers Ross

LadeBear68

Lorca.nl

prettierhalf

Radio Nut50

River Cacher

stellarscapes

sweetlife V

Tapahuga

TeamAmaroo

wutzebear

Edited by Butterfly_lady

CHILDREN MISSIONS

Chananda

ADULT MISSIONS

Chananda

Errr... we never signed up for a child mission, we signed up for 3 adult missions!! And we have still not received 2 of them.

Sorry - one of them is being sent on behalf of a child.

Due to the parent signing up, on behalf of their very young child.

I have one that mission listed as mailed in the US by 9th December ~ Will probably not get there till after Christmas :)

# 2 was mailed from Canada early November - yikes! Should have arrived by now.

# 3 - arrived - Had a long way to travel, but the closest to you maybe - from Germany - arrived approx 11th Dec. Was mailed 1st Dec.

Looks like the mail deliverers are juggling and jumbling inwards mail

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Mail coming from Canada may have a few delays, especially now that it's crunch time :) The workers on strike are doing a bad (or good depending on how you look at it) job of holding up the mail trucks!

Thanks for that ~ There are a couple of inbound & outbound Canadian Santa (& Penguin) missions.

Looks like a Happy New Year mailbox treat for some!

Heres mine and EmmaGems missions still just awaiting their discovery on Christmas day! :):):)

c05fac27-1617-4c81-9ee9-f01166aaa2e9.jpg

All Missions have been sent and both of ours have been received...One of the missions we sent (The child to adult :P ) Has not been recieved yet :D 2 more days!!!!!!!! Comon Post Man! :)

Thanks again Butterfly Lady... Your doin great keepin this mission in line! Lots O work! :D

You can cross me off the list. Our second mission arrived today - a BIG green envelope from Sweden! With funny carrot and pug stamps! I will open it and take some photos soon. :)

Fantastic on the quick mail delivery on this one....

It bounced back to the sender at one stage.

Small mail miracles do happen!

Tis the season, Butterflylady!!

I'm so glad it got there and in time, too!! I hope I don't let ya down with the contents and that you enjoy them!

Naomi :)

Well, we finally caved in and opened our mission. We received it back before Thanksgiving. We were afraid we would forget to take pictures if we waited until we opened the rest of our presents on Christmas day. The package came from Sweden but we had no idea who sent it until we got through all the tape and into the goodies. A complete inventory and pictures are on the way but for now.....THANK YOU SOLAN109.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. :):):):P

A nice green package arrived in our mailbox.

3129032825_b3c7b382a1_m.jpg

We opened it to find many wrapped presents.

3129861082_892615efa5_m.jpg

A very nice card from Solan109...

3129033233_5d684f9a41_m.jpg

Coins and more, A Solan109 Personal coin, Nerd and Wooden Nickle. Also a Guardian Angel Medal...

3129035407_f192e3d5f2_m.jpg

A towel , a scarf, a potholder,and a Troll candle...

3129861312_bfec77aa1c_m.jpg

And last but not least a set of Mr. & Mrs. Santa Bottle Kozees

3129863298_38a15c7142_m.jpg

Thank you Solan109 for all the great gifts.

Wishing you and all your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!