MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

oke i`m so happy to see all the beautiful pic`s of all the beautiful package.......

but what make me sad is that my packages did`t arrived jet by the persons :D

i did send a other packages and that person did`t get it to and i send that package even olmost two months ago.

i don`t know what to do with it so i ask all of you what to do.

do i must send a other package to my persons???

or do i must wait and see if the person gets it one day???

but if i do that then there is a chance that the don`t have it before xmas.

i know that it is a bussy time but it is a month ago that i send the package and i can`t believe it takes so long

so pleazzz can you all give me advice what to do with this problem.

i feel quilty for the fact that my missions aren`t arrived.

Thank you.

Lorca , my package from The netherlands has not reached the receiver. It really seems to take a long time.

I browse this topic every day but nothing yet.

Neither has my parcel sent from Germany been reported yet. And I did send it at the deadline day of 10th November! I guess it takes just a bit longer for parcels to reach their destinations in the US... ;)

I'm really busy with a couple of Christmas events hosting at my home today & tomorrow,

But in a spare moment (maybe 8pm tonight) I hope to send a "please post receipt of mission" email to all those yet to acknowledge / receive etc....

Mission 1- all acounted for

Mission 2 = Sent and awaiting 1 fo me

Mission3 - Sent and awaiting 1 for me

oke i`m so happy to see all the beautiful pic`s of all the beautiful package.......

but what make me sad is that my packages did`t arrived jet by the persons ;)

i did send a other packages and that person did`t get it to and i send that package even olmost two months ago.

i know that it is a bussy time but it is a month ago that i send the package and i can`t believe it takes so long

Thank you.

Lorca , my package from The netherlands has not reached the receiver. It really seems to take a long time.

I am SO sorry that I didn't put from the Netherlands. I didn't post a picture yet as since I haven't opened it yet. I truly appreciate you and I also got the extra you sent :D

Thank you in advance!

WOW, YOU REALLY WENT ALL OUT ON THIS PACKAGE AND TO BE HONEST, I DIDN'T EXPECT A THIRD ONE SO THIS WAS LIKE THE ICING ON TOP OF THE ICING ON THE CAKE! THANK YOU SOFI AND HOLMBIOM FOR SHARING A BIT OF YOUR CHRISTMAS JOY WITH US! MAY YOUR CHRISTMAS BE MERRY AND BRIGHT!

;)

We didn't have anything to do with your wonderful package... We really enjoyed sending out our missions, but that one wasn't from us!

:D

:huh: OH DEAR! Your name was on the mailing label right below mine so I assumed it was from you; was I not the intended receiver of this package? :D It appears that I owe my thanks to ljay for this package, but if I wasn't the intended receiver I am happy to forward it to its rightful recipient (minus the chocolates we ate). :P

Edited by sharom12

WOW, YOU REALLY WENT ALL OUT ON THIS PACKAGE AND TO BE HONEST, I DIDN'T EXPECT A THIRD ONE SO THIS WAS LIKE THE ICING ON TOP OF THE ICING ON THE CAKE! THANK YOU SOFI AND HOLMBIOM FOR SHARING A BIT OF YOUR CHRISTMAS JOY WITH US! MAY YOUR CHRISTMAS BE MERRY AND BRIGHT!

;)

We didn't have anything to do with your wonderful package... We really enjoyed sending out our missions, but that one wasn't from us!

:huh: OH DEAR! Your name was on the mailing label right below mine so I assumed it was from you; was I not the intended receiver of this package? :D

I'll check tonight when I'm home and get back to you personally.

I am SO sorry that I didn't put from the Netherlands. I didn't post a picture yet as since I haven't opened it yet. I truly appreciate you and I also got the extra you sent ;)

Thank you in advance!

Okay, i do not have to worry anymore!

It is my first mission so i really tried to do it right.

I'm sure you did it VERY correctly :D

Mission #1 Adult (Claire & Claude) Laval K-9

1. Participating: OK

2. Received Name: OK

3. Outward mission mailed: to someone Nov 7th

4. Inward mission received! Yes! All the way from UK :huh:

Mission#2 Pet (Judd & Wyatt Earp) German Shepherd Geodogs Laval K-9

1. Participating:OK

3. Outward mission mailed: somewhere Nov 7th

4. Inward mission received! YES! Thanks to the Tank Hounds

Mission #3 Child (Étienne) K-9 Junior

3. Outward mission mailed: to a young cacher Nov 7th

4. Inward mission received!

We will wait for the child mission to arrive before opening the packages. At 3 months old, K-9 Junior doesn't mind waiting ;) The dogs are patiently waiting to open their mission which they received a long time ago :D

Tonight we got to open all three of our missions. It was like Christmas morning, except 9 days before!!! It was sooo exciting. I will post each mission in a separate post.

Team Fehling Mission #1 - Brittany

All the way from Pennsylvania

Brittany was soo excited when she opened up this box -- It was filled with a bunch of wrapped presents!!!! She sure was spoiled with this mission! A BIG THANK you to our new geocaching buddies from PA!!! There was no card inside, but we will have to do some detective work to find out who Brittany's Secret Santa was.... ;)

Inside was lots of goodies - A Stocking with a Sunshine Geocoin (Never seen this one, SHE LOVES IT!!!), and also a DNF pin. A pack of tissues, a beautiful Christmas Bell Ornament in a really nice box, two bracelets, and her favorite (other than the geocoin) was a TY Christmas Teddy Bear!!! She loves TY bears!!! She was jumping up and down when she opened this package.

THANK YOU TO OUR MYSTERY SANTA FROM PA!!!!

fa751696-8149-4c72-b6ac-129832189d8a.jpg

ecb9f043-e2b5-419a-a9bc-cb87fb4049bd.jpg

Team Fehling - Mission #2 - Courtney

The second person to open their gifts tonight was Courtney. We were soo excited when we saw that this mission was from Germany. We really want to visit Germany!!!

Courtney also was very spoiled on this mission!!! There was no card, so we are not sure who our Secret Santa is ... A little detective work might work. All we can say is WOW!!! This package was filled with lovely items!!! First, and most special was two pieces of drawn artwork of Christmas Trees and presents. Courtney hung these up in her room. Also, were some candies from Germany, which, how did you know she loved candy?? LOL! She was circling the room saying I got German Candy. I believe she wants to bring these to school tomorrow to show and tell, but I don't think she will share!!! She also received a beautiful doll, some marzipan (yummmm), and 3 GEOCOINS, and also a Geocaching Pin.

Wow, you sure outdid yourself. The three Geocoins were 1 - Micro Organism Moebius, 2 - Micro Organism Borellia, 3 - Highly Addictive Geocoin

THANK YOU TO OUR NEW GEOCACHING BUDDIES FROM GERMANY!!!!!!!!

f0ba1f25-0bb5-418f-9efa-010e71623daa.jpg

18c8aae5-1ea2-41c3-b7ea-63a239cbac49.jpg

Team Fehling Mission #3 - Heidi

Last but definitly not least was my mission. I let the girls open theirs first, and then MOM got to open hers. WOW!!!!!! I received my mission from Santa and Ella from the UK. This was a very cool idea for a box. It was sent in a tupperware container, nicely wrapped in Christmas paper.

In this "cache", I found some candy canes, shower gels (They smell awesome!!), Pencils, Pens, Eraser, Sharpener, a Keychain Flashlight, Gel Pens, Coin Chocolates, a Log Book, a Oakcoins Lanyard, A Geocachers Pin, a Not another Micro pin, and did i menion 3 GEOCOINS!!!!! WOW!!! Thank you very much! I received a Taking Pride in Geocaching Geocoin, Merry Christmas Cachers Geocoin Ornament, and a Cache Critter Pig. WOW!!! I think I also got spoiled!!! They also included a geocoin that they would like to be placed in a cache nearby to us, which we will definitly do very very soon!!!!

Thank you very much to our Secret Santa in the UK, and new Geocaching Buddies!!!!

d84e61cb-8aaf-4589-abb7-35eab63568d2.jpg

becd4413-00a5-400a-bc26-ffadb3e710c1.jpg

THANK YOU SOFI AND HOLMBIOM FOR SHARING A BIT OF YOUR CHRISTMAS JOY WITH US! MAY YOUR CHRISTMAS BE MERRY AND BRIGHT!

;)

The elves have jumbled a few addresses around....

11552.jpg

This one was from another sender...... in the Uk.

Off to have a strong chat with the elves....

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Bella's Santa Mission- Received, Thank You BlueMotMot ;)

Barry's Santa Mission- Received, Thank You E&C Plus 3 :D

Val's Santa Mission- Not Revceived, but she is not worried still 9 more days till Christmas, "She said to me today "best things always comes for those who wait" :huh: God Bless her heart.

It is been so exciting seeing all the pictures and everyone sharing what everyone is gotten for Christmas from their Secret Santa.

THANK YOU SOFI AND HOLMBIOM FOR SHARING A BIT OF YOUR CHRISTMAS JOY WITH US! MAY YOUR CHRISTMAS BE MERRY AND BRIGHT!

;)

The elves have jumbled a few addresses around....

11552.jpg

This one was from another sender...... in the Uk.

Off to have a strong chat with the elves....

It appears that I owe my thanks to ljay for this package, but if I wasn't the intended receiver I am happy to forward it to its rightful recipient (minus the chocolates we ate). :huh:

I am too anxious/excited!!!! I see my recipient got their package and said they were going to open it and take pics, but alas we have not heard back. Cant wait to hear what they have to say....

I am also getting to the point that I can hardly contain myself and am about ready to open my mission. Maybe this weekend, if I can hold out. With it sitting here on my desk is driving me insane. Does not help my wife wants me to open it too...lol

MISSION ONE: Adult

1. Participating - Email Sent 10/16/08 ;)

2. Received Name - Yes! :D

3. Mission Complete - Yes!

4. Package Received - Yes! - Received from WV. I'm not opening anything until it's closer to Christmas. :blink:

MISSION TWO: Adult

1. Participating - Email Sent 10/16/08 :huh:

2. Received Name - Yes! :D

4. Package Received - Not yet

MISSION THREE: Pet

1. Participating - Email Sent 10/16/08 :P

2. Received Name - Yes! :P

4. Package Received - Yes! :huh: I have an idea who sent it but they sure covered their bases on hiding it. I'll wait to open it when it's closer to Christmas. :blink:

ctree_3a.gif

Edited by Dolfy

Hi,

A Package was sent to San Jose the same day so hopefully it will arrive in the next few days too.

Ljay xox

Well when I saw this post I began to get a bit excited, maybe, just maybe this could be my Secret Santa gift coming from the UK. GUESS WHAT ;) It arrived today, Yipeeeeeeeeee It is just sitting there, not sure when I will open it, may take it to N Carolina for Christmas :D Thank you soooo much, as soon as I open it I will post pictures and thank you properly Ljay :D

All missions sent and received are accounted for, thank you Butterfly_lady

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night :huh:

It appears that I owe my thanks to ljay for this package, but if I wasn't the intended receiver I am happy to forward it to its rightful recipient (minus the chocolates we ate). :D

The elves are sorting out a new package.....

Enjoy! Please enjoy.

It was the elves that mixed up the names!

No need to worry... It was all in the Christmas spirit. We enjoyed sending out our missions very much, and the two that we recieved spoiled us way more than we deserved, there is no need to correct the elves blunder. The mission went where the universe wanted it to go.

;)Merry Christmas to all! :blink:

Edited by Sofi and Holmbiorn
I don't know who you are but, WOW!, Thanks for the garmin Colorado GPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to forget the Garmin opening day geocoin too!!!! Man oh man you made my day. Please let me know who you are!
Hey Cav Scout, Someone must think you are very special. Hope you Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years '09 Our Friend. Congrads on the very cool loot you received. ;)

It appears that I owe my thanks to ljay for this package, but if I wasn't the intended receiver I am happy to forward it to its rightful recipient (minus the chocolates we ate). :D

The elves are sorting out a new package.....

Enjoy! Please enjoy.

It was the elves that mixed up the names!

No need to worry... It was all in the Christmas spirit. We enjoyed sending out our missions very much, and the two that we recieved spoiled us way more than we deserved, there is no need to correct the elves blunder. The mission went were the universe wanted it to go.

;)Merry Christmas to all! :blink:

You are very gracious and I wish for you gifts beyond your expectations in all areas of life; THANKS!

Well, I waited as long as I possibly could. My mission arrived on 11/18......and it has been sitting waiting for me to open it ever since. Finally today, a gentle snow was falling and I needed a boost. That pretty Christmas box had been calling to me for weeks....soooo...

With a cup of tea, I sat to savor the generousity of my Secret Santa.......who revealed themselves to be :D;):blink: a penquin! I'm not kidding........it was Eclectic Penguin! Thank you for your generousity and Merry Christmas!

Ah, what a fun time. I opened the box to find a specific instruction sheet. 133_5496.jpg I follow directions well, so I set these pages aside and it revealed a nice card and lots of wrapped packages in my box. 133_5497.jpg133_5498.jpg133_5499.jpg So of course, I unwrapped each one ~ and it just happened I started with the smallest.

First a nice little pin with the US and Welsh Flag. That will go on my caching bag, which carries many pins which are special to me. Next, I opened the Welsh Lovespoon Geocoin. I admired that coin when it first came out but just couldn't push myself to get one. It is a lovely coin, much nicer than I imagined and of course even more special coming from this mission. The final small package contained a coin very unexpected......I was whooping the happy dance all over my house. The Garmin Clifton Suspension Bridge coin totally took my breath away. I never expected to have my hands on one - let alone activate one. My Secret Santa has asked me to release this coin and I will do so but hope it is passed hand to hand and not placed in a cache to tarry there for it to be stolen. 133_5500.jpg

My Christmas joy did not stop there. As I continued to unwrap a number of beautiful things. Two very nice towels 133_5501.jpg, a wooden loving spoon, a dragon snowglobe, dragon bank and finally a nice flag. 133_5503.jpg I have collected towels, and especially ones with maps or interesting information for years, the snowglobe is very cute and the dragon bank and flag will go in my Granddaughter's room here at my house. She will learn about the world through these gifts as she grows older.

Now, it was time to read the packet which was on the top of my box. EP - the time you took to write me the thoughtful history of your area is appreciated. I did not know a lot about South Wales and it was very interesting to read. In addition the explanation connecting your selection of gifts made them very meaningful.

Thank you again, Secret Santa aka Eclectic Penquin. I will send you a personal EM soon.

:D Merry Christmas Everyone and the very best for a Wonderful New Year! :lol: In closing, thank you, too, butterfly_lady for organizing this mission!

I'm thrilled to announce all three missions have now safely arrived. I'm not letting GeoCat Jane open her gifts until Christmas, but her "person", ie me, received a Saving Little Hearts geocoin, and an awesome Cat got Your Cache - thank you very very much!!

GeoDog Julia received some great walrus stuffed toys, an angel for our tree, and two great coins to share with me: a military geocachers pathtag, a geolicious, purple my favorite color, and a torm mailer geocoin - thanks for the great package!! I ate the sweet treats immediately!! oh yes, and a Gone to the Dogs geocoin too!!

I tried to hold out on opening my mission, but did not make it til Christmas: I received a neat pin, a wee angel, and a cool beaded ornament from my tree...and two awesome coins:cache counter and a Rhein-main-gebiet geocoins from doc256 and pat1609. I also enjoyed the photo - allowingme to match faces to names!!

thank you everyone for your generosity and great giving spirit!!

Edited by BlueMotmot

GPX Navigators

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Sent: Yes

4. Package Received!: Yes - opening at Christmas. Thank you!!!

Go Girl

1. Participating: Yes.

4. Package Received!: Yes - opening at Christmas. Thank you!!!

King Finder

1. Participating: Yes

4. Package Received!: Yes - opening at Christmas. Thank you!!

Update to include King Finder receiving his. I don't think the ones we sent have been received yet. Still checking all the posts though.

Sorry for taking so long to post this, but we received a package from Jana in Germany (not sure of your caching name!) The package arrived last Thursday but I've been extremely busy getting ready for a class I was going to teach. The class was yesterday and now I can breathe a big sigh of relief and relax a bit! The package was lovely. I picked it up on my way to work and I couldn't wait to open it so the pics were taken on my messy desk :). We loved the chocolates and the hazelnut candy. The chocolates were gone by the 2nd day lol. There was a very clever micro cache stuck to a bit of twig, can't wait to hide that one somewhere! I have some of those little plastic containers but I've been using them for crafty purposes, never thought to use them as a cache so you've given me ideas there!! Next, some Christmas shower gel - this stuff smells SOOO amazing. I've been using it every morning. There was a small decorated book that might become a log book or maybe a bit of swag. The best part was a very lovely geocoin! My great-grandparents were German so this coin is very special to me. and it's an LE one! Thanks so much for a lovely package, it made my day!

I have a couple pictures but I will have to post them tonight after work - I tried using flickr but this forum doesn't like their format so I'll have to upload them elsewhere.

the Ananda half of Chananda

aka Valerie

P.S. BL - this is the only mission we've received so far, still waiting on the other two!

Edited by Chananda
The coins for my Mission have arrived and will be posted out to the recipient later today. Sorry for the delay but the original order for the coins somehow got 'lost' and I had to re-order them.

1. Participating.... Yes

2. Received name.... Yes

3. Mission Complete.... Yes. Posted today.

4. Package Received.... Not yet.

1. Participating.... Yes

2. Received name.... Yes

3. Mission Complete.... Yes. Posted today.

4. Package Received.... YES!!! Many thanks

Mission complete

1. KernowCacher Cheyenne (aged 8)

1. Participating: Email sent 1st Oct

2. Received Name: 27th Oct

3. Mission Complete:Posted 8th Nov

4. Package Received!: Great package received from Little Sis of the Western Mass Clan. The chocolates and candy were eaten before I got a chance to get the camera out. She Loved the maple syrup - I am making pancakes at the weekend now. The cute decorations are on our tree and she's grabbed the toys and stickers and they are in her room. Plus two of Crakes coins: a mimbres and symbology - both beautiful coins. Thank you so much, she is a very happy girl.

(I'll post a picture a little later)

2. KernowCacher Jan (adult)

2. Received Name: 30th Oct

4. Package Received!: Fabulous package received today filled with sweets, chocolates, biscuts, a christmas hat, a lovely hand made ornament and a Michigan geocoin. Thank you so much Laura2000MI.

3. KernowCacher Ross (adult)

2. Received Name: 30th Oct

4. Package Received!: Not yet

Extra mission to Hanna - Posted 8th Nov

Edited by KernowCachers

Mission #1 Adult

3. Outward mission mailed: OK

4. Inward mission received! Yes! All the way from UK!

Mission#2 Pet

1. Participating:OK

4. Inward mission received! Yes! Thanks to the Tank Hounds!

Mission #3 Child

4. Inward mission received! Yes! Thanks to King Finder!

We made it, our 3 outward missions have been received and we also received our 3 inward missions.

We may not wait until Christmas to open them ;) We will post pictures as soon as we do :D

but what make me sad is that my packages did`t arrived jet by the persons :D

Thank you.

Neither has my parcel sent from Germany been reported yet. And I did send it at the deadline day of 10th November! I guess it takes just a bit longer for parcels to reach their destinations in the US... ;)

Well, ElliPirelli, your package made it to its destination today! Just over 5 weeks in the mail :ph34r:

I did not wait to open the package, since it was marked: Don't wait till Christmas!

A wonderful mission

Several ornaments for our tree

A nice card

An Advent calender

Three coins (a candy candy coin, a walk with nature suncatcher geocoin and a Minne Und Treue Personal coin)

2 Pathtags :lol:

A Geocaching.com pin

A really cool crocheted pot holder

A stained glass mobile

Cookies and some other treats

THANK YOU!!!!!

i took some pictures and will try to post them

Edited by dhenninger

Here comes a little addendum from me:

One evening I settled snugly on our sofa, when I found another little package! :D It was hidden in the folds of the woolen blanket! It was another present from the package the Atwell Family had sent, and this coin was in it:

393ad545-b585-4258-859b-cc518d34f8b2.jpg

Absolutely stunning! The castle on that coin is the Wartburg, which I have visited when I was a kid, it was very impressive. And the coin is really great, my favourite colors! ;)

I received absolutely wonderful presents from all of my Secret Santas. Thank You so much!

Even though all my parcels arrived at their destinations and I already opened all parcels I received, I still watch this thread nearly every day, because I love to see all the pictures posted :ph34r:

Thanks again, Butterfly Lady for this great mission