MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

Well as it turns out, the pictures of my mission were still in the camera and not downloaded to the puter yet before it crashed, here are the pictures of my mission

3ab4cd17-26df-4ae7-bbce-530fe70ccd5b.jpg

5231b5e3-2f37-429b-8958-5ddf4d81cdbe.jpg

Thank you,

E&C + 3 for the coins (none of which we have) the Tootsie Rolls are gone allready, and so is the chocolate Orange (that was exteremely yummy) the instructions on it were funny (Whack and Unwrap)

Barry of sweetlife

Peace.jpg

Thank you all for the lovely photos. Some of you have excelled yourself beyond what was needed.

That Chocolate orange is available here in NZ.... small world.

I will be monitoring the thread and ticking off the list righ up to Christmas Day here (Christmas Eve for others)

Any hopefully by then 99.9% of missions will be delivered....

Meantime, the Christmas tree is up, any pressies with Chocolate in them will be melting.... (just kidding - air con is on) The black cat thinks the pressies are a great place to snuggle down.

mc13ani.gif

Thanks for the pleasant email butterfly lady and your apology for over reacting.

I got the address and will send out a very nice coin to the folks in Maine.

And yes I do geocache alot, mostly EarthCaches.

See??? All's well that ends well... let's get back to pictures of the inbound missions now please...

i don't think butterfly lady over-reacted, nor did she owe any one an apology. cav scout owes the rest of us an apology for his rude behaviour.

butterfly lady is a lady and did what she did to make things nice and i think that is great. but she didn't owe him anything.

just because it ends, doesn't mean it ends well. this is the kind of person that creates negativity around missions. just because it is christmas doesn't mean immature actions are excused.

ok, back to the pictures. some great missions out there! including the one i received, which i am still enjoying - scented candles and incense and all! a toast of christmas nog to everyone!

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Thanks for the pleasant email butterfly lady and your apology for over reacting.

I got the address and will send out a very nice coin to the folks in Maine.

And yes I do geocache alot, mostly EarthCaches.

See??? All's well that ends well... let's get back to pictures of the inbound missions now please...

i don't think butterfly lady over-reacted, nor did she owe any one an apology. cav scout owes the rest of us an apology for his rude behaviour.

<snip>

just because it ends, doesn't mean it ends well. this is the kind of person that creates negativity around missions. just because it is christmas doesn't mean immature actions are excused.

<snip>

Continuing to go on about it doesn't help either.....

Yes, please keep looking at the sunny side.

What a lovely pictures of the mission we can see. It is really good to see them.

I'm still looking to see wether our mission arrived, or did i missed to see it???

Maybe, i have just to be more patient? ;)

No - Your recipient has not yet posted that it has arrived.

I find inbound US mail very slow. Guess it's all that sorting into states, subsorting and more sorting...

Outbound no problem, though.

Butterfly Lady,

Could you post the instructions for posting the pictures on fourms, my Son wants to post a picture and I am nit sure the correct procedure.

As of 12/10/08 Queenie-Boo-Bay still watching out the window for Santa to arrive....

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.....

While I'm not BL, I might be able to help...the pictures must be uploaded to a website (like GC.com, maybe a cache or such), then you simply click the tree box (insert image) in the top of the add reply screen (when you choose to reply to a previous post or choose the more options feature when posting). It will ask you to insert URL, you put that in the box provided and then click enter. Your pic will show when you post. Now, if you have pop-up blocker on, you'll need to click the little ribbon which shows up saying pop-up blocked and then choose to allow the pop-up temporarily, then re-choose the insert image link and then add the URL!

I hope I said that as easily as it truly is. I know I had trouble with it for a long time before someone explained it (even with pics) to me. My problem was the pop-up blocker!

All the missions we sent have been received and I'm very happy about it. I think it was the first time I sent packages like that so far away, especially one in Sweden :D

We're still waiting for our Adult and Child missions but I know that many packages have been sent recently. Our dogs received their mission a long time ago and are still patiently waiting to open their box which is right on the floor in my scrapbooking room. For them, the excitement will start when I'll begin opening it :D

I'm going out to shovel the 12 inches of snow we had since yesterday. Hope it won't melt away before Christmas, it so nice to have a White Christmas. Sorry for you folks down under :D

The last Updated:

Mission #1

1. Participating: E-mail sent 31.10.2008

2. Received Name: 31.10.2008

3. Mission Complete: 14.11.2008

4. Package Received!: YES

Mission#2

Mission#3

Many thanks to all the secret santas. Which a realy great christmastime to all.

Greatings René

Butterfly Lady,

Could you post the instructions for posting the pictures on fourms, my Son wants to post a picture and I am nit sure the correct procedure.

As of 12/10/08 Queenie-Boo-Bay still watching out the window for Santa to arrive....

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.....

While I'm not BL, I might be able to help...the pictures must be uploaded to a website (like GC.com, maybe a cache or such), then you simply click the tree box (insert image) in the top of the add reply screen (when you choose to reply to a previous post or choose the more options feature when posting). It will ask you to insert URL, you put that in the box provided and then click enter. Your pic will show when you post. Now, if you have pop-up blocker on, you'll need to click the little ribbon which shows up saying pop-up blocked and then choose to allow the pop-up temporarily, then re-choose the insert image link and then add the URL!

I hope I said that as easily as it truly is. I know I had trouble with it for a long time before someone explained it (even with pics) to me. My problem was the pop-up blocker!

Thanks RR - for that - I was sleeping!

To get the url of the picture you want to add, right click on it on the website, open up "properties" and at the top should be it's web address - that is want you need.

We would love to see your photos!

Today I received not one, but TWO geocoins. Thank you Santa.

:D:D

d4d417b1-4d23-4b9e-b4e9-eb9955b25c77.jpg

I feel I have been over-gifted!!

My Santa is in Washington DC, but no name :D , so my coins are pre-fixed "Secret Santa" in their name and might like to wander back across the pond!

Edited by kewfriend

All the missions we sent have been received and I'm very happy about it. I think it was the first time I sent packages like that so far away, especially one in Sweden :D

We're still waiting for our Adult and Child missions but I know that many packages have been sent recently. Our dogs received their mission a long time ago and are still patiently waiting to open their box which is right on the floor in my scrapbooking room. For them, the excitement will start when I'll begin opening it :D

I'm going out to shovel the 12 inches of snow we had since yesterday. Hope it won't melt away before Christmas, it so nice to have a White Christmas. Sorry for you folks down under :D

It was white until we received around a half inch of rain yesterday! Then this morning, we were hit with freezing rain and KAboom didn't have school today! There's still hope for a white Christmas though!!

PengoBeky has received her mission! I have to try and get pics before all the edible goodies are eaten.

She received the funniest pair of foam penguin sunglasses. I gotta get a pic of her in these...it's a riot!! Beky also received a penguin apron, a foam magnet kit (with a penguin), penguin chocolate, marshmellow north pole candy and some great geocoins too! She received the bitten ears easter bunny geocoin, a travel penguin geocoin, and a black canyon beach luaua event geocoin. Wonder how they figured out we like penguins?? :D

Thanks so much River Cacher!! PengoBeky is thrilled with everything!!

PengoBeky has received her mission! I have to try and get pics before all the edible goodies are eaten.

She received the funniest pair of foam penguin sunglasses. I gotta get a pic of her in these...it's a riot!! Beky also received a penguin apron, a foam magnet kit (with a penguin), penguin chocolate, marshmellow north pole candy and some great geocoins too! She received the bitten ears easter bunny geocoin, a travel penguin geocoin, and a black canyon beach luaua event geocoin. Wonder how they figured out we like penguins?? :D

Thanks so much River Cacher!! PengoBeky is thrilled with everything!!

You are so welcome for the items.

I hope she realized the Rabbit is to go with the Easter egg coin she had found.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Mission received!!! Today there was a big package in the mail!!! I could not wait and had to open it straight away. Thank you so much Western Mass Clan!

The coins and just everything are so beautiful. How did you know that I was longing for a lizardtoadz decypher coin? I love this one and all the rest. I am wondering how the maple syrup will be as I never had it before :D

I took a picture and wanted to upload it but I have no webspace :D

Mission received!!! Today there was a big package in the mail!!! I could not wait and had to open it straight away. Thank you so much Western Mass Clan!

The coins and just everything are so beautiful. How did you know that I was longing for a lizardtoadz decypher coin? I love this one and all the rest. I am wondering how the maple syrup will be as I never had it before :D

I took a picture and wanted to upload it but I have no webspace :D

You can use ImageShack.us

That's were I upload my pictures...

Your child mission was mailed last week - not too far to travel.

Your adult one was also mailed a little late, and has further to travel.

mmmmm- the smells from those missions were just too much....

Had to open them!

Oh dear - had to consume them...

From Chur in Germany.

3044663903_b0ed469e6e.jpg

With wonderful coins... Including a gorgeous church window one, that I considered but didn't buy... what a lovely surprise.

3044664241_0a0840c02a.jpg

Some delicious items too..

3099051559_e919554409.jpg

And then Mrs Geosmurfana also delighted me with a package.... from Sweden.

3044664333_59f709043b.jpg

3066942123_8b31459c32.jpg

with some delightful coins, beautiful wrapped in wee parcels.

3044664447_b2f2c6f8dc.jpg

including the Kansas micro from my seeking list.

And lastly - a third mission from Mrs usyoopers.

3066942751_02d68e2e80.jpg

3067790088_200ba9ff41.jpg.

including some candy I've never tasted before.

3067790796_2cb8c7af2f.jpg

and a cachepillar coin and lots of pins.....

And then ~ just a few days ago.... a wee (super tiny) gnome appeared in my letter box - too small to photograph ~ from mufflon in Sweden. Thank you all...

:D We opened our missions! YAY! :D

First up was an awesome mission from sweetlife. Everything was super nice and there's 3 (3!) coins, including one from my seeking list (the summer pinwheel). I love (LOVE) the AE cats coin. We have two cats, so it's perfect. The schoolbus is new to us and very cute. Oh! and The red bag contains a lump of coal - yikes! Thank you for the great mission. :):huh:

9a8bc27e-080d-438f-9425-a287571321e9.jpg

We are so glad you enjoyed your Santa Mission, We had so much fun with this mission, We had to add the coal just to add a little fun into this. You been very good this year Santa said.After we packaged it all up we took pictures and knew you would just love what you gotten. It brought many smiles to us and a good warm feeling in our hearts. Happy Holidays TeamAmaroo :D By the way good job for holding on to it for a month before opening. :)

:rolleyes: We opened our missions! YAY! :D

We also received a wonderful mission from usyoopers. The homemade almonds were tasty! Gotta remember to grab the recipe from another thread. They lasted all of 5 minutes I think - only half of each lasted for the photo! The bobble head creature is funny. We saw some like it at the National Apple Harvest Festival this year - it brought back fun memories. The message in a bottle coin is a very pretty color, the photo doesn't get it quite right. Awesome coin! Thanks so much for another great mission! :D:D

96d5cd01-7fd0-438e-a3a5-ef3f107f4d77.jpg

.....you still have a mission coming TeamAmaroo, that one from us...it's just, kinda a...well, a just because!

Well Hi everyone on the Santa mission. What great missions everyone seems to have received. Wanted to update our list so if anyone is wondering. The luck of the Irish should have Queenie B not looking out her window to much longer. The post office told us by the end of the week. Since this was close to home we held on to it a little longer so it would be for Christmas & not Thanksgiving.(sorry! was trying to Christmassy not grinchy) The same goes for a very busy adult in Canada. We have received all of our missions & they have been fantastic. I was holding off writing on them because we did some detective work on two & sent them an email so we could announce how wonderful their missions were. They were not sent out with names or cards just towns. So either our detective work was wrong or they want to play Secret Santa & keep it that way. If you sent it & did not get our email, we would love to hear from you & thank you properly. We have received all 3 of our missions. How some of you are waiting until Christmas that is alot of patience :D We did not last that long it was way to exciting for kids & adults as well. Tomorrow we have double birthdays & a long weekend. So when we come back I will write down the directions of posting pictures here & see if I can try to make heads or tail of it. :D Computers are one of my downfalls. Which brings me around to the moderator who let me know I posted wrong the other day when I tried to tell everyone their packages were mailed. Have a wonderful weekend & may the Christmas spirit stay bright in your hearts while you are waiting on all the long lines & the traffic for miles. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I am having such fun reading all of the posts and seeing all of the pics for the very merry packages shared between complete strangers. I love this time of year and the effort made by BL to bring such joy to so many has been the highlight for me so far this year. I was thrilled to see our package that had the furthest to travel has arrived and am confident that our domestic parcel will arrive to the recipient before Saint Nick. We are waiting on one mission to arrive, but have had lots of fun with the mail as we have ordered way too many Christmas Coins which seem to arrive daily. We have also started trading pathtags so our mailbox has been very busy.

THANK YOU BUTTERFLY LADY AND EVERYONE WHO HAS SHARED THE JOY OF THE SEASON; YOU ALL ROCK!

:rolleyes: We opened our missions! YAY! :D

We also received a wonderful mission from usyoopers. The homemade almonds were tasty! Gotta remember to grab the recipe from another thread. They lasted all of 5 minutes I think - only half of each lasted for the photo! The bobble head creature is funny. We saw some like it at the National Apple Harvest Festival this year - it brought back fun memories. The message in a bottle coin is a very pretty color, the photo doesn't get it quite right. Awesome coin! Thanks so much for another great mission! :D:D

96d5cd01-7fd0-438e-a3a5-ef3f107f4d77.jpg

.....you still have a mission coming TeamAmaroo, that one from us...it's just, kinda a...well, a just because!

DITTO that - there's been a slight delay with your 2nd incoming mission - but no room for disappointment, as now you have anticipation..... may make it VERY close to Christmas.

Today I was delighted, that my postman was very nice. He left a note, that my parcel was waiting for me at my cellardoor... :D

Found a heavy and small parcel. Those are the best!

All the way from North Pole came a letterbox full of goodies!

Well, Alaska is close enough to the North Pole!

postfromnorthpoleua9.jpg

Well, I just couln't wait till christmas to open my presents.

I got a postbox, very nice chocolates, a bracelet, keychains from Alaska, two emergency whistles with Frozen Buns written on.

Actually I'm quite lucky, that my children already have their emergency whistles, otherwise I'd be left without one.... Cause they liked them nearly more than I do, if that's possible. :rolleyes:

santamissiongoodiesmf2.jpg

There were also quite a lot of coins! Five pathtags, no actually six pathtags, as there was an added one in the Pathtags Sherpa Coin! Whoa, what a wonderfull Coin!

Then a Dog Days of Summer bone, a heartshaped Loved your Cache Coin and a very intricate coin I've never seen. With baby bottles, nappy pins, rattles and soothers. Have to try to find out some more about it!

santamissioncoinsax2.jpg

Thank you so much Frozen Buns for all those lovely things you've sent my way! Lovely coins, lovely pathtags and lovely Alaskan stuff!

Merry christmas to your and your family!

Mission 1 - Adult

1. Participating: yes (10/2/08)

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes (12/10/2008)

4. Package Received!: YES!!! Thank you so much for all the goodies Fiabus! I really love the handmade card! I will post pictures here as soon as I unpack my camera.

Mission 2- Pet

1. Participating: yes (10/2/08)

2. Received Name: rec'd 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete:yes (12/11/2008)

4. Package Received!:

Mission 1 - Adult

1. Participating: yes (10/17/08)

2. Received Name:yes (10/31/08)

3. Mission Complete: (11/20/08)

4. Package Received!: WOW! ahem, yes (11/17/08)

Mission 2- Pet

2. Received Name: Yes (10/28/08)

3. Mission Complete: (11/26/08)

4. Package Received!: Yes - 12/11/08

I went home for lunch (as I often do - it's nice living just 4 mi from where you work). While I was eating, the dogs started barking wildly at the door. I looked in that direction and saw the postman standing up. After giving him a chance to get back to the truck, I grabbed the package and saw that it was from Scotland. That, and the description on the customs form, could only mean one thing - the dogs' mission had arrived! I was running late, so they will have to wait until later to see what is in the package. I just wanted to get my receipt notice up so there would be no worries on the other end.

Pictures will follow when the dogs check out the package later.

:DReally? No Way! I'm a bit overwhelmed. What a genuinely, flat-out nice thing to do. You release about a bazillion coins for Todie's Wild Ride, you are very generous with both coins and kind words in general, and you've still got "just becauses" to send out? That is...well I don't have a word for how awesome that is! You've definitely inspired me to pay it forward after all the kindness I've receieved - from you and others on the forum. Christmas Spirit is all-about! :D

awww, such sweet words. You make me blush! :rolleyes::D

:DReally? No Way! I'm a bit overwhelmed. What a genuinely, flat-out nice thing to do. You release about a bazillion coins for Todie's Wild Ride, you are very generous with both coins and kind words in general, and you've still got "just becauses" to send out? That is...well I don't have a word for how awesome that is! You've definitely inspired me to pay it forward after all the kindness I've receieved - from you and others on the forum. Christmas Spirit is all-about! :D

I got one too!!!!! Thought it was some coins I ordered ,,and was very suprized and tooken, ,,What a nice thing to do,,soooo thoughtfull!! They sent us some roasted almonds,some yummy Candy, a pin, and a big bean- burnt toast coin. all I can say is WOW!! were pretty new and I've dived in pretty good round here,,and alot of you have showen us what this forum is "really" all about. thank you everyone for making us feel welcome here, and 54cd1672-5f90-4cc0-a1dc-6f91efe8f5b7.jpg

We also got something else to share but will need to take some pics first,,and will post again later.

I got one too!!!!! Thought it was some coins I ordered ,,and was very suprized and tooken, ,,What a nice thing to do,,soooo thoughtfull!! They sent us some roasted almonds,some yummy Candy, a pin, and a big bean- burnt toast coin. all I can say is WOW!! were pretty new and I've dived in pretty good round here,,and alot of you have showen us what this forum is "really" all about. thank you everyone for making us feel welcome here, and 54cd1672-5f90-4cc0-a1dc-6f91efe8f5b7.jpg

We also got something else to share but will need to take some pics first,,and will post again later.

Wow, usyoopers have been busy sending out smiles!! Well done, my friends, well done!! What a beautiful way to bring cheer into the forums!

Oh Wow Oh wow Oh wow Oh wow!

When I found a package from the Atwells today, I thought it was the order I placed...and I thought "what a big box for just a few coins"... But when I opened it and some nicely wrapped packages fell out it was clear that this was my third Santa Mission!

Well, I planned to keep the third mission until the 25th, but seeing all those nice packages, I wasn't able to stop!

So many nice things in it! Two trackables (Cache across america and Can we go caching after baseball?) and a lot of other coins which will be provided with hangers somehow, to brighten our christmas tree: 4 (!!!) Dreamcatchers, one of these cute snowflake coins with the nice snowmans, Two Atwell Family Geocoinfest Tags, a Fluttershy Geotag (oh, this seems to be trackable, too!). And a MustangJoni/HedgeHoppers coin and an Anthus geocoinfest Pittsburgh Coin (number 22)...

Did I already say WOW!?

Thank you so much, Atwell Family, for this great, generous package!!!

I will post pictures during the weekend...

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!

:rolleyes::D:D:D:P:blink::P:D:laughing::unsure::blink::P:D:D

Many times growing up Dad told me that Santa was watching....

If I was not good I would not get anything for Christmas, and I would find Coal in my stocking....

Well it looks as if I have been very bad this year, for my Santa Mission has not arrived.... :P

Maybe if I do some good deeds I will get a package? :blink:

DAD..... MOM...... can I help you with the laundry, dishes, shovel the walks?

:rolleyes::D:D:D

Today I was delighted, that my postman was very nice. He left a note, that my parcel was waiting for me at my cellardoor... :D

Found a heavy and small parcel. Those are the best!

All the way from North Pole came a letterbox full of goodies!

Well, Alaska is close enough to the North Pole!

postfromnorthpoleua9.jpg

Well, I just couln't wait till christmas to open my presents.

I got a postbox, very nice chocolates, a bracelet, keychains from Alaska, two emergency whistles with Frozen Buns written on.

Actually I'm quite lucky, that my children already have their emergency whistles, otherwise I'd be left without one.... Cause they liked them nearly more than I do, if that's possible. :D

santamissiongoodiesmf2.jpg

There were also quite a lot of coins! Five pathtags, no actually six pathtags, as there was an added one in the Pathtags Sherpa Coin! Whoa, what a wonderfull Coin!

Then a Dog Days of Summer bone, a heartshaped Loved your Cache Coin and a very intricate coin I've never seen. With baby bottles, nappy pins, rattles and soothers. Have to try to find out some more about it!

santamissioncoinsax2.jpg

Thank you so much Frozen Buns for all those lovely things you've sent my way! Lovely coins, lovely pathtags and lovely Alaskan stuff!

Merry christmas to your and your family!

Glad it arrived before Christmas, the coin you are looking for more info on it the coin called "Mackey Made It". I had it made to commerate my first grandson from Chris Mackey and his wife Cherie, aka Fox-and-the-hound and moun10girl.

Since Chris designs coins I wanted something to totally surprise him, there is a verse around the outer edges, abrev. version is "telling the dust to settle down as I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."

There was a lot of fun cointests here in the forums last fall, and Castle Man was nice enough to let me even use the CM prefix. I will send you an active code so you can had the unique icon to your collection, LOL Glad to know you liked you package, saw in your profile you liked animals......

Mission 1 - Adult

2. Received Name:yes (10/31/08)

3. Mission Complete: (11/20/08)

4. Package Received!: WOW! ahem, yes (11/17/08)

Mission 2- Pet

2. Received Name: Yes (10/28/08)

3. Mission Complete: (11/26/08)

4. Package Received!: Yes!!! - 12/11/08

Where to begin? I mentioned the arrival of the package in my previous post. I guess I should start by introducing the dogs.

Daisy is our beagle. She’s about 8 years old and is nicknamed booger because once she sticks to your fingers (when being scratched / petted), she is hard to disengage.

Pinot, an Airedale, is our newest addition. Our previous big dog passed away in July. By August, my wife was ready to start looking at other dogs. She has wanted an Airedale for longer than I’ve known her (and our 25th anniversary is coming up next year). She contacted Airedale rescue and we met a dog and brought it home that day. He’s about 1½ now. And, yes, he was named for his whine.

Both dogs were interested in the package, and when I removed the inner bag, Daisy surprised me by putting put her paws up on the table to investigate. (No, she is not normally allowed to do that!)

daisy%20investigates.jpg

Upon opening the bag, there were two wrapped presents inside – one labeled for each dog. Both investigated their package and Daisy grabbed hers and darted off to the living room. The dogs got a bit of help opening their presents and what nice ones they were! Each dog had an individualized stocking containing a toy, a beef stick, and some treats. (My wife adores the stockings - we needed one for Pinot this year. I like them alot too!)

dogs%20and%20stockings.jpg

Daisy can be seen jumping for half of her treat – a bit of a feat in itself. She was recently very overweight; she’s still heavy but she can get some air for the right incentive. It’s a good thing I broke it into two pieces too. She got it the first time on her first jump before I could snap a picture. I think she swallowed it without chewing too, something that beagles are prone to do.

Daisy%20gets%20some%20air.jpg

It took some effort to get Pinot to settle down for a picture with his swag. He was more often seen stealing Daisy’s toy. I guess that’s only fair, Daisy often steals his chews as soon as he looks the other way.

daisy%20with%20toy.jpg

pinot%20with%20his%20toy.jpg

hostage.jpg

Oh yeah, there was something for me in the package too. Two great geocoins! There was a Garmin UK geocoin (I figured I’d never have much of a chance of getting a Garmin geocoin) and a “Get out of jail free” geocoin – which I didn’t get when they came out, so I’m very glad to have one now!

santa%20paws%20coins.jpg

MANY THANKS and Happy Christmas to the Geo-Gophers!!!!!