MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

We wouldnt mind either helping out too Butterfly Lady, as we have all of our missions out. We dont mind helping others, as it makes us feel good and we would love to see someone have a Merry Christmas and not miss out on getting a mission, were always up for doing good deeds or paying it forward. Just let us know, if we can be of any help. :rolleyes:

Sorry can't make the mission. Finals are coming up at the university and I'm currently involved with the academic counselings and the grading of the final exams. Work first.

Thanks for being concerned for my where abouts.

Merry Christmas.

Those that I still need to hear from that their mission is sent.....

Cav Scout

CTKayak

Now, some of us are getting concerned about possible illness, or accident preventing you from posting your status.....

Please reassure us that you are well.....

Just two to check in now.....

Does anyone know Cav Scout or CTKayak - can anyone check that they are ok - they are not responding to emails....

Anyone seen or heard anything????

Life throws us curlies now & then ~ ~ ~ so anything could have happened.

We would like to hear

1. that outgoing missions have been mailed.

2. Incoming mission has been received safely.

Well, it's good to hear that things are OK. Maybe when you get enough spare time, you can let everyone know what you received as your surprise gifts.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Sorry can't make the mission. Finals are coming up at the university and I'm currently involved with the academic counselings and the grading of the final exams. Work first.

Merry Christmas.

Cav Scout

CTKayak

Now, some of us are getting concerned about possible illness, or accident preventing you from posting your status.....

Does anyone know Cav Scout or CTKayak - can anyone check that they are ok - they are not responding to emails....

We would like to hear

Well, it's good to hear that things are OK. Maybe when you get enough spare time, you can let everyone know what you received as your surprise gifts.

Or maybe they could send them to the person they received the mission for

This makes more sense to me...why should they receive a gift when they don't want to put the effort into passing along a gift (that they committed to!) to an unsuspecting participant?? What a shame that there are going to be people not receiving their mission because someone "didn't have time".

Flame me if you want but I think it's rude not to send a mission if you signed up to do so. No matter what the reason...sorry, but that's just my feeling.

But on a more pleasant note, I too would be willing to send a small something to any mission participants who will not be receiving a gift...

ELTADA

Edited by ELTADA

GPX Navigators

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Sent: Yes

4. Package Received!: Yes - opening at Christmas. Thank you!!!

Go Girl

1. Participating: Yes.

4. Package Received!: Yes - opening at Christmas. Thank you!!!

King Finder

1. Participating: Yes

4. Package Received!: No

This makes more sense to me...why should they receive a gift when they don't want to put the effort into passing along a gift (that they committed to!) to an unsuspecting participant?? What a shame that there are going to be people not receiving their mission because someone "didn't have time".

Flame me if you want but I think it's rude not to send a mission if you signed up to do so. No matter what the reason...sorry, but that's just my feeling.

But on a more pleasant note, I too would be willing to send a small something to any mission participants who will not be receiving a gift...

ELTADA

Exactly what I had been thinking....seeing as the mission was supposed to be posted by 10th November - they have left it a little late now to come online and say they won't be taking part (and even then it was only after chasing by BL for information).

He is right work is important but surely he was aware of those commitments when he signed up for the mission (which clearly stated from the start all requirements)

Merry Christmas.

I guess that means almost 6 weeks after receiving all your details, you have FINALLY decided that your mission will be a one -way mission.

I'm a bit peeved off that you waited SO long to advise us all, that you cannot do this mission, so long after it was meant to happen.

SIX weeks to reply to about 4 emails plus......

Well, I guess there are always who sign up, only for what they get...

or is just that they don't understand RESPONSIBILITY.

Thanks for the offers.... I'll contact a couple of you this evening....

********BUMMER*******

for those on the receiving end - I'll contact them also.

this evening, after work etc.

ELTADA

Edited by skibumsuk

Cav Scout --------- Pulling out, after six weeks of non-action.

CTKayak

Just one to check in now.....

Does anyone know CTKayak - can anyone check that they are ok - they are not responding to emails....

We would like to hear

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Merry Christmas.

Cav Scout

CTKayak

We would like to hear

What a crappy thing to do!!! you should forward your gifts you recieved on then,,you dont deserve the gifts!! get mad and say what you want but you knew what was at hand when you signed up,,,,and its not fair to your reciepents,,and I think you should be banned from any upcoming missions in the future too. your a perfect example of why others wont participate in the missions!!! how long does it take to grab a few of your personal coins out of your collection and mail them on your way to the office,,oh yeah and the usps has machines that process packages 24 hrs a day... work first ,,no excuse!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

and kudos to those stepping up to cover peps like this!!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

Merry Christmas.

Cav Scout

CTKayak

We would like to hear

Oh what a shame, please let me know if I can help. Just not right for someone who participated to go without, I will gladly hep:)

Merry Christmas.

I find this very distasteful. I personally didn't sign up because I thought maybe I'd have trouble being able to complete the mission due to non-work, you signed up knowing this was coming up, yet you drop out after the deadline because life got in the way? Maybe you should send your gift to your recipient instead of keeping it?

Sad, really sad!

I would also be more than happy to send out a little something for the mission if needed, just shoot me an email! No reason the person on the waiting end should be stiffed over this! And, I APPLAUD those who've stepped up to carry on someone else's obligations! Really show's how caring most of you are!

ELTADA

You can add us to those who can put something together for the folks who may be getting stiffed.

Let us know if you need more help.

Merry Christmas.

Cav Scout

CTKayak

We would like to hear

Oh what a shame, please let me know if I can help. Just not right for someone who participated to go without, I will gladly hep:)

I can also send something to one of the missionpersons if needed. Mail from sweden seems to be rather fast so it might even get to them before christmas.

grodan Karin

Merry Christmas.

I find this very distasteful. I personally didn't sign up because I thought maybe I'd have trouble being able to complete the mission due to non-work, you signed up knowing this was coming up, yet you drop out after the deadline because life got in the way? Maybe you should send your gift to your recipient instead of keeping it?

Sad, really sad!

I would also be more than happy to send out a little something for the mission if needed, just shoot me an email! No reason the person on the waiting end should be stiffed over this! And, I APPLAUD those who've stepped up to carry on someone else's obligations! Really show's how caring most of you are!

HUGE KUDOS TO ALL YOU !!! :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas.

Sad, really sad!

Distasteful, certainly...but, not surprising... :rolleyes:

Ok, I volunteered sometime ago and this dropped off of my radar.

If I owe someone a coin, send me their address and I will send them one. I understand this is something I am taking from my own collection and giving away right?

Was I, or am I supposed to get a coin from someone? I did not recieve anything and if I had I probably would of wondered what was going on and sent a coin out to whom ever.

So to make everyone here happy, tell me who I gotta send a coin to please.

If you refer back to the first post in this thread it will remind you of what you have signed up for..........

Do you not already have the name and address of who you should be sending to??? If not you will have to wait for BL to get back from work and she can remind you.

If you have not received your mission yet BL can also check that and when it was sent to you.

Edited by skibumsuk

Ok, I volunteered sometime ago and this dropped off of my radar.

If I owe someone a coin, send me their address and I will send them one. I understand this is something I am taking from my own collection and giving away right?

Was I, or am I supposed to get a coin from someone? I did not recieve anything and if I had I probably would of wondered what was going on and sent a coin out to whom ever.

So to make everyone here happy, tell me who I gotta send a coin to please.

Just check your emails...

Around end October Butterfly Lady sent everyone an email with the address of the recipient.

So don't act all insulted here... :rolleyes:

OK.... this is suppose to be a Christmas coin exchange. In other words, a FUN thing to do.... things happen in peoples lives, e-mails get accidentally deleted...for whatever reason, things happen. Cav Scout is trying to make things right, Kudos to you!!!!

Can everyone please get off of their high horse and everything will work itself out...

Cav Scout: If you need any assistance with getting something out into the mail, drop me a line through my profile and I'll do my best to help you out... Merry Christmas!!!

Thanks Pushing Tin. I will get this done on my own, but your help is greatly appreciated.

To butterfly lady, if you want me to help and come through with sending a coin to someone, then I suggest you act like the kind person who started this thread. I am not going to check my emails, instead I will wait for you to send me the address.

Merry Christmas and thank you butterfly lady for acting like a mature adult on this matter

Edited by Cav Scout

Oh I am running late reporting in, but things are all ok, just life got in the way!

I mailed my mission to Germany on Monday of last week (1st December).

When I got home from London at the weekend there was a box awaiting me, it has arrived safely from Santa who lives in Flower Mound, Texas. Thank you Secret Santa! :lol:

Will take photos soon as it is opened, not sure we can wait til Christmas, but sure are going to try! :rolleyes:

Outward leg and incoming leg completed. Just watching to see when it arrives in Germany! :rolleyes:

105.gifThank you Butterfly Lady for the chance to share in the fun. It's been great seeing so many newcomers to the coin forum take part too ... welcome everyone! 105.gif

Mission #1 Adult

1. Participating: E-mail Sent 10/6

2. Received Name: Recvd 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: Package sent 11/10/08

4. Package Received!: 12/3/08

Mission#2 Curtis the Pitbull (geodog in training)

1. Participating: E-mail Sent 10/6

2. Received Name: Recvd 10/28/08

3. Mission Complete: Package sent 11/10/08

4. Package Received!: 11/29/08

Sorry for the delay! I receive my mission on Wednesday but didn't get a chance to load the photos until now. I was really excited to see that the package came from England! I was really hoping to receive an international mission :rolleyes:

p1010002ne9.jpg

I love the wrapping paper! I opened the package and there were two little stockings full of all kinds of wrapped goodies!

p1010003xc1.jpg

I almost missed the little tiny wrapped gift. I'm glad I didn't because it was a very neat England geocaching pin. I love the ornaments and the candy is pretty much gone! The sour apple candies were great. The chocolate coins were much better than anything here - very good chocolate and I was just eating a piece of the peppermint cake. The Santa pen is helpful at work to keep everyone away from my cubicle! The coins were great too - I got a Big Ben and a Baa geocoin :rolleyes:

p1010004it5.jpg

Thanks Bambography! Everything was great!

1. Participating: Yes, email sent 21 October 2008

2. Name Received: Yes, 31 October 2008

3. Outward Mission Mailed: Yes, 18 November 2008

4. Inward Mission Received: YES! 5 December 2008!!

What a nice surprise to come home to! I am enjoying the chocolates (I received more than are pictured...guess where they went!) and will hang the stocking up as soon as I can find a hook for my mantle. My cat, Joey, enjoyed the mission, too! Thanks so much to my secret Santa, and Merry Christmas and safe holidays to everyone!

3093324121_8afe27da9a.jpg

Hello All,

Checking the posts to make sure all the missions we sent were received, and making sure that we have my Son’s (Fredhead) marked received so the sender can rest well.

My Daughter (Queenie-Boo-Bay) still awaits but holds out hope….

Looking at the posts seems Cav Scout has had some life going on IT HAPPENS, looking into Cav Scouts profile looks as if we should all cut him a break.

Look at his service to us already WE OWE HIM, again sometimes life goes on whether we are on board or not, so just thank him for what he has done for

us to this point and let’s get on with covering the waiting participant.

Butterfly Lady I will gladly take this mission and get a mission on its way this weekend if necessary.

Let me know.

Cav Scout THANK YOU for your service.

Thanks everyone for all the support today.

I've had a computer meltdown at home today, and email is still affected. Then this forum would not let me in..... too many connections, yet again! Wonder if TPTB know how often we can't get in....

Ok folks - I've selected RiverCacher to come to the rescue - mainly due to location. I'll email you as soon as we can get our server up & running correctly on the email..... Thanks for all the other offers - you are all gems.

Cav Scout - Thanks for your belated turnaround offer, but you are obviously snowed under in the first instance. Wow - what a lot of Earthcaches you've done all the work on in the last month! I'm awed. In one day last weekend, you did more than we have over here in NZ.

BTW - your incoming mission (an unactivated geocoin and Christmas goodies) was mailed to you recently - you have not got it yet, but the sender did assure me personally by email, that it will be there before Christmas as the mission required. Something for you to look forward to & enjoy.

I have enjoyed the last few posts with photos of the mission - amazing, we are up to page 18 on this forum! I will be posting photos of my inward missions soon. Just need to downsize them a bit.

Have a happy Tuesday (mine is almost ended - bed soon)

Edited by Butterfly_lady

RiverCacher - Message sent via GC.com

I can get out that way.

Now the work is finished on this, I'll go get the techno (RadioNut50) hubby to sort out the email.

Good night folks.

Ah - edit - email back up again. Will send you email again, just to ensure you get it.... actually will forward the original one sent. Cheers

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Did Big Bad John and the other prettierhalf package get lost in the mail and wait little longer for it to get here how many other had not recive theirs. I know some had a long ways to go. Thanks Buttle_fly lady for all your hard work. hope you get the coins your heart desire.

...I am not going to check my emails, instead I will wait for you to send me the address.

what an arrogant statement. you signed up to do something and yet you are going to wait until someone spoon feeds you the information you already have received?

the mission is more than just sending out a spare coin.

it seems you have forgotten how to behave in a mature manner and that means fulfilling ones commitments no matter how small.

may i suggest we take care of cav scout's mission for him, because he obviously cannot participate fully. sign me up to help, i have a cav scout coin that i would gladly give away.

rsg

Did Big Bad John and the other prettierhalf package get lost in the mail and wait little longer for it to get here how many other had not recive theirs. I know some had a long ways to go. Thanks Buttle_fly lady for all your hard work. hope you get the coins your heart desire.

Both should be on their way - as they did not have as far to travel as your first package received they were mailed later.

Well, It's been more than a day since I could visit, and I was eager to see what pictures of Missions had been posted. Too bad all we have since my last post is a bunch of negative bashing. I must say that I have the same feelings on the matter as some others, but in this forum, and especially this thread, maybe we could work on some creative writing that will express our feelings in a way that will not be a personal attack. At least I have learned a few valuable lessons for any Missions that I may host in the near future...1. don't out the names in public of those who haven't met their promises. 2. Keep an extra list of a few people who can jump in at the last minute to take up the slack, or have a few packages in the ready that need nothing but an address, just in case.

...1. don't out the names in public of those who haven't met their promises. 2. Keep an extra list of a few people who can jump in at the last minute to take up the slack, or have a few packages in the ready that need nothing but an address, just in case.

Great idea :santa: as for the negativity, I can see their point BUT, it turns some off and we wouldn't want to chase away any "newbs" ;)

This is still a viable mission, some just may be overwhelmed by trying to figure out what extras need to go into the package, distracted, or just busy. I figure that as long as the missions get to their destinations BEFORE Christmas . . . It should be alright ( I know it is against the rules with this one , some just can't help it)

:):santa:

...1. don't out the names in public of those who haven't met their promises. 2. Keep an extra list of a few people who can jump in at the last minute to take up the slack, or have a few packages in the ready that need nothing but an address, just in case.

WHY? Does that not give people a license to sign up to receive a gift and never send one??

Well, It's been more than a day since I could visit, and I was eager to see what pictures of Missions had been posted. Too bad all we have since my last post is a bunch of negative bashing. I must say that I have the same feelings on the matter as some others, but in this forum, and especially this thread, maybe we could work on some creative writing that will express our feelings in a way that will not be a personal attack. At least I have learned a few valuable lessons for any Missions that I may host in the near future...1. don't out the names in public of those who haven't met their promises. 2. Keep an extra list of a few people who can jump in at the last minute to take up the slack, or have a few packages in the ready that need nothing but an address, just in case.

Edited by skibumsuk

Mission # 1 - Adult

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! No. Maybe I am not even coal-worthy? ;)

Mission # 2 - Child

1. Participating:

2. Received Name:

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received! Thankyou!!

Hi!

I am so glad Piglet likes the gifts!

Sorry for the delay! I receive my mission on Wednesday but didn't get a chance to load the photos until now. I was really excited to see that the package came from England! I was really hoping to receive an international mission :santa:

I love the wrapping paper! I opened the package and there were two little stockings full of all kinds of wrapped goodies!

I almost missed the little tiny wrapped gift. I'm glad I didn't because it was a very neat England geocaching pin. I love the ornaments and the candy is pretty much gone! The sour apple candies were great. The chocolate coins were much better than anything here - very good chocolate and I was just eating a piece of the peppermint cake. The Santa pen is helpful at work to keep everyone away from my cubicle! The coins were great too - I got a Big Ben and a Baa geocoin :santa:

p1010004it5.jpg

Thanks Bambography! Everything was great!

:):) Hi A Mitt!

I'm glad you liked it all! I had fun collecting all the bits. :):)

Also, just to note that as yet I have not received a package. I assume you have now notified those effected by the 2 late/delayed deliveries so I will keep an eye on the postbox ;)

Missions are sent!!! :D

Got em out yeserday! FINALLY, only crappy thing was I forgot the stockings and the tissue for packing!!! :) ... Got to the PO and noticed I left it at home! Said "screw it, these guys waited long enough!" and sent the goods!

So 2 missions may be opened up to a jumbled mess :) ...so much for my little boxes N such ;) Still aughta like the missions though! :santa::santa::)

MISSION COMPLETE! Still look at our Missions everyday!... Christmas morning will tell! :)

Thanks for the pleasant email butterfly lady and your apology for over reacting.

I got the address and will send out a very nice coin to the folks in Maine.

And yes I do geocache alot, mostly EarthCaches.

See??? All's well that ends well... let's get back to pictures of the inbound missions now please...