MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

Participating: No

Recieved name: No

Sent package: No

Recieved package: YES!!!!

Again, THANK YOU for such an AWESOME gift, my secret santa!!!

Thanks for sharing this Roddy ~ Yes we had some ONE way secret missions.....

Santa's elves are delighted to have been able to brighten your day.

christmaself.jpg

smiley_emoticons_santagrin.gif

Today I received my second package smiley_emoticons_xmas4_hurra2.gif

It comes all the way from Port Orchard, WA, but there's no name written on it... Thank you, SecretSanta!

I do enjoy a little anticipation, but I won't wait until christmas... I think the 13th is a good date to open it... Isn't the 13th the day of Lucia, when little swedish girls put candles on their heads? Seems to be a good day for a little celebration

smiley_emoticons_xmas4_paketliebe.gif

I will post pictures, when I opened it...

Edited by Chur

Matlock75

1. Participating: YES

2. Received Name: YES

3. Mission Complete: YES

4. Package Received!: NO

M02 Child

4. Package Received!: December 03 2008

M98 Child

4. Package Received!: December 02 2008

Hi all,

my daughters didn´t know that they will get self a package. So please stay tuned, they will open the package on Christams! I hope it´s O.K. for you? If not, just Mail me, and they can open it earlier!

Edited by matlock75

4. Package Received!: December 12 2008

Ähm, Matlock, I hate to tell you, but it's the second of December today, not the twelfth....

@RSG Don't worry, mail can take a long time, especially if it's going to cross oceans...

I haven't heard of my parcel arriving yet, and I did send it on the deadline...

But the ways of parcels are sometimes long and mysterious. Don't worry, I'm sure it will arrive in due course...

We were begining to wonder if Santa had been hearing rumors on naughtiness... But yesterday our first incoming mission (the pet mission) arrived!

Loki knew immediately it was for him- he didn't let the box out of his sight! Thank you Neko-Chan- it was so much fun watching him! :D

Aaawww, those photos of your cat are so cute! He (/she?) seems to like the new toys very much ;-)

My cats Zappa and Mizuki are still patiently waiting for their mission to come in:

291532d2-c4f2-4d5e-9a8a-b6f3bc3bc331.jpg

http://img.geocaching.com/track/f2a70b87-4...0c1253f6192.jpg

Li-Z

MISSION ONE: Adult

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - Yes. Was shipped on 12-02, priority

4. Package Received -Don't have a clue, Might see my mailbox again in early-mid December

MISSION TWO: Adult

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - - Yes. Was shipped on 12-02, priority

4. Package Received -Don't have a clue, Might see my mailbox again in early-mid December

MISSION THREE: Adult

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - - Yes. Was shipped on 12-02, priority

4. Package Received -Nothing Coming, I made this one up.*

*No it was not Rockin Roddy.

BTW, I'm sorry, but I think I might have gone overboard.

Today we've received the second of our Secret Santa missions - this one has come from Anette in Sweden.

It's full of good things to eat and also some wrapped items which I'm going to resist unwrapping 'til Christmas...

Many thanks, Anette!

I'll take a picture after Christmas Day.

We have now received both of our 'incoming' parcels and our two 'outgoing' parcels have been received by GBOTS and The Atwell family.

!!!! Your guinea pig is a travel bug!!!!!

*I am jealous*

We were begining to wonder if Santa had been hearing rumors on naughtiness... But yesterday our first incoming mission (the pet mission) arrived!

Loki knew immediately it was for him- he didn't let the box out of his sight! Thank you Neko-Chan- it was so much fun watching him! :D

Aaawww, those photos of your cat are so cute! He (/she?) seems to like the new toys very much ;-)

My cats Zappa and Mizuki are still patiently waiting for their mission to come in:

291532d2-c4f2-4d5e-9a8a-b6f3bc3bc331.jpg

http://img.geocaching.com/track/f2a70b87-4...0c1253f6192.jpg

Li-Z

4. Package Received!: December 12 2008

Ähm, Matlock, I hate to tell you, but it's the second of December today, not the twelfth....

@RSG Don't worry, mail can take a long time, especially if it's going to cross oceans...

I haven't heard of my parcel arriving yet, and I did send it on the deadline...

But the ways of parcels are sometimes long and mysterious. Don't worry, I'm sure it will arrive in due course...

Boy have you got that right, even paying almost $20.00 only gets it across the ocean by regular mail. Oh well, it should still arrive in time for Christmas..... :D

Edited by Frozen Buns

i am so sad. the receiver of my mission has not logged in yet. i don't know whether or not customs is holding up things, if life took a nasty turn (i do hope not!) and they haven't had a chance to log, or, if they just didn't like what i sent! it has been more than 3 weeks since i shipped.

sad sad lara

I have sent them an email....

I'll post the list soon of those who have yet to post a log, stating mailing date, or received...

The red list.....

So many on the PINK list now... well done!

THE RED LIST.........

Would the following please post your status....

so many are waiting to hear that the mission they sent has been received safely.

Some even had tracking, which advises them that the mission was delivered....... how they would love to hear from you too.....

CHILD MISSIONS...

Go Girl

King Finder

Queenie-Boo-Bay

River Princess

Western Mass Clan - Big Brother

Western Mass Clan - Little Sis

PET MISSIONS

dark_onyx1982

Tristin GeoK9

ADULT MISSIONS

Cassie's Crusaders

Cav Scout

CTKayak

dark_onyx1982

GPX Navigators

mousekakat

PSU Fan

red squirrel

Team FIREBOY Due back soon - has already placed an apology....

Western Mass Clan

We are so waiting to hear that you have not had an accident that has turned your life upside down...

Santa_Accident.jpg

There is some concern that something not so nice has happened to you.....

Please allay our fears....

Edit to update - thanks GPX Navigators - computer melt down, followed by forum errors on posting....

Edited by Butterfly_lady

The next Updated:

Mission #1

1. Participating: E-mail sent 31.10.2008

2. Received Name: 31.10.2008

3. Mission Complete: 14.11.2008

4. Package Received!: YES

Mission#2

4. Package Received!: YES

Mission#3

4. Package Received!: STILL WAYTING UNTIL Christmas

Greatings René

Mr geosmurf - Krister

1. Participating: E-mail sent Oct 12

2. Received Name - Oct 30

3. Mission Complete: Nov 10, 2008 - on its way across the oceans

4. Package Received!: Nov 26 - Thank you so much!!

Mrs geosmurf - Camilla

4. Package Received!: Nov 15 - Thank you so much!!

Miss geosmurf - Felicia (11 yrs)

4. Package Received!: Dec 3 - Thank you so much!!

Today we picked up a package at the post office. It is addressed to Mr Geosmurf, but we suspect that the elves are trying to trick us - he has already received his package, and judging by the content, this is more a kids' mission package. All the way from Canonsburg, PA... and it even makes a little jingling noice...

We now have THREE :D:):) packages waiting to be opened. We will not be able to wait until Christmas... :D Will post photos later...

Now off to the stables for some horse riding!

Camilla

THE RED LIST.........

so many are waiting to hear that the mission they sent has been received safely.

Some even had tracking, which advises them that the mission was delivered....... how they would love to hear from you too.....

CHILD MISSIONS...

ADULT MISSIONS

Western Mass Clan

I am embarrassed and disappointed in myself for not being able to fulfill my end of the mission so far. I could give a litany of excuses ... but the bottom line is, between my post-doc contract not coming through (still caught up in bureaucracy hell with the state of Massachusetts apparently) and thus no pay, an unplanned but necessary family trip to Indiana and the entire family trading the flu back and forth the last three weeks ... this mission has, by necessity, temporarily dropped off my radar. And I apologize.

I have received two of my missions but haven't opened them yet - mostly out of guilt for not having sent mine out yet. I will get pictures up as soon I can.

I now have collected everything I need to send my Santa mission, but they are overseas missions so my apologies if they don't get there in time for Christmas. Now that the dust has settled (cross my fingers), the kids and I will be working together to package everything this evening and mailed tomorrow.

Again, my sincere apologies for dropping the ball on my end. Being this tardy on fulfilling a promise is out of character for me.

;)

Matt

Miss geosmurf - Felicia (11 yrs)

4. Package Received!: Dec 3 - Thank you so much!!

Today we picked up a package at the post office. It is addressed to Mr Geosmurf, but we suspect that the elves are trying to trick us - he has already received his package, and judging by the content, this is more a kids' mission package. All the way from Canonsburg, PA... and it even makes a little jingling noice...

Camilla

Yes, you have got it right.... Canonsburg, PA is where Miss geosmurf Mission is to commence it's journey.

Lovely to see another mission complete.

I have received two of my missions but haven't opened them yet - mostly out of guilt for not having sent mine out yet. I will get pictures up as soon I can.

I now have collected everything I need to send my Santa mission, but they are overseas missions so my apologies if they don't get there in time for Christmas. Now that the dust has settled (cross my fingers), the kids and I will be working together to package everything this evening and mailed tomorrow.

Matt

Thanks Matt, It's good to know, that life's pressures are settling down again.

Pleased to see that all is slowly becoming well again.

Thanks for the update - email me when you send them off, and I'll let the recipients know of the timing etc.

Edited by Butterfly_lady
...Again, my sincere apologies for dropping the ball on my end. Being this tardy on fulfilling a promise is out of character for me.

;)

Matt

i think it is awesome you can overcome your embarassment to let folks know what is going on mission-wise. it takes a very big person to admit "dropping the ball."

i hope all are feeling better in your family and life gets back on track.

rsg - not matt's mission recipient!

To day i have received a small letter with an pathtag and an postcard:

Here are the picture:

christmas3kw2.jpg

At the moment i´m not sure if this should be me last present from my mysterie santa.

In the rules of the santa mission i thougt that every secret santa should send out an GEOCOIN.

So it would be nice to know what you are thinking about this.

Best regards René

Hello Laura2000MI

I had a lot of fun opening the package (Chur, too, she was visiting me, and took a picture of me). I enjoyed the beautifully wrapped packages and tried the goodies immediately. The Coin "SSEdmund Fitzgerald" will stay in my collection ;)

A very special gift is that cute christmas turtle! This will be put on our tree at christmas eve! Thank you so much for all these nice gifts!

The Candy Canes remind me of my childhood. After the war we received "care packages" from america, normally they contained normal food, but once we found such candy canes, and we really enjoyed them!

Thank You! Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!

ce1cd74a-0b94-4389-aa0a-e8dd37d91d18.jpg

e1e4d0b1-9ee1-4b63-b2d9-57d8e5126ea9.jpg

More pictures at TB2BPQT !

Edited by MissMarple43

THE RED LIST.........

CHILD MISSIONS...

ADULT MISSIONS

Western Mass Clan

I am embarrassed and disappointed in myself for not being able to fulfill my end of the mission so far. I could give a litany of excuses ... but the bottom line is, between my post-doc contract not coming through (still caught up in bureaucracy hell with the state of Massachusetts apparently) and thus no pay, an unplanned but necessary family trip to Indiana and the entire family trading the flu back and forth the last three weeks ... this mission has, by necessity, temporarily dropped off my radar. And I apologize.

Again, my sincere apologies for dropping the ball on my end. Being this tardy on fulfilling a promise is out of character for me.

:yikes:

Matt

WHEW I WAS WORRIED IT WAS GONNA GET STOLEN OFF YOUR PORTCH,, ;):unsure:

!!!! Your guinea pig is a travel bug!!!!!

*I am jealous*

He's George the Guinea Pig, my first TB. I just sent him travelling a week ago :-)

Today I received my second mission! (pet mission) In a nice box covered with kitty-stickers. Thanks Mayonaka ;):unsure:

I'm sure they will love whatever is inside the box, but i'm going to wait a bit longer with opening the packages. This weekend we celebrate 'Sinterklaas' in the Netherlands and after that I will get a christmas tree and open the two missions.

Here are the picture:

christmas3kw2.jpg

At the moment i´m not sure if this should be me last present from my mysterie santa.

In the rules of the santa mission i thougt that every secret santa should send out an GEOCOIN.

Best regards René

It is part of the mission from your first picture, i did not want to delay your package anymore waiting for my christmas pathtags to arrive.

Merry Christmas

Best regards René

It is part of the mission from your first picture, i did not want to delay your package anymore waiting for my christmas pathtags to arrive.

Merry Christmas

Just when you think you have it all sorted, the postal system gets the later mailed item there first!!!!

What you received, I understand is an addition to the mission, posted at a later date....

Lucky you, though to get such a lovely pathtag! And in addition you still have the anticipation of something to arrive.....

Here are the picture:

christmas3kw2.jpg

Best regards René

Merry Christmas

Sorry for my post.

I should have to learn to wayt. The Card and Pathtag are very beautiful.

Best regards René

Update:

Mission #1 Alison:

1. Participating: Email sent 03/10/08

2. Received Name: Yes! Name received 31/10/08

3. Mission Complete: Yes! Posted off on Wednesday 3rd December (Airmail).

4. Package Received!:Not yet.

Mission #2 Harvey (GeoDog):

1. Participating: Email sent 03/10/08

2. Received Name: Yes! Name received 28/10/08 Woof!!

3. Mission Complete: Yes! Posted off on Wednesday 3rd December (Airmail).

4.Package Received!: Yes!!! 30th November (it actually got here much earlier than that, but we only managed to get to the depot to collect it last week). 1971_dancing_dog.gif

**Posted both of my outgoing missions (by Airmail) yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 3rd December). Both are heading across the pond and should make it there in plenty of time, as the last posting date for parcels from the UK to the USA is 10th December.** :D

Edited by Geo-Gophers

Adult - Tim

1. Participating: email sent 20/10/08

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Complete: 4/12/08

4. Package Received!: 26/11/08

Adult - Adeline

3. Mission Complete: 4/12/08

4. Package Received!: 20/11/08

Child- Oonagh

3. Mission Complete: 2/12/08

4. Package Received!:

Child- Oonagh

3. Mission Complete: 2/12/08

4. Package Received!:

I have been advised by the sender, that the was an unforeseen delay in sending Oonagh's mission out.

It should be there before Christmas, though.... still almost 3 weeks, though we are counting down now....

Thanks for being so patient.

were all finished up with this mission... recieved all packages and all packages have been sent out have been recieved ,,,Thank you very much for hosting our first mission,butterfly lady,mabie someday i will be in the place to return the favor... :D we enjoyed putting this togeather,and enjoyed opening them,,,Merry Christmas everyone,,its snowing here...badly..time to go play...he hehe

p.s.Another thank you to our Santas,,we love our coins!!!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

So sorry for being so late sorting this out :D

All sorted now though.

:laughing: Received our package a while back but not peeped yet, keeping for Christmas. :rolleyes:

Our mission posted today and will be there in plenty of time (so the post office said).

1. Participating: email sent 23/10/08

2. Received Name: 30/10/08

3. Mission Complete: yes

4. Package Received: yes - thanks and sorry for forgetting to post.

Mission 1 ~ girl dog

Participating ~~~~~ e-mail sent jep 09-10-08

Recieved name ~~~ jep 28-10-08 :D

Mission Complete~~ jep today send

Package Recieved~~ jep doggie got it

Mission 2 ~ adult girl

Participating ~~~~~ e-mail send jep 09-10-08

Recieved name ~~~ jep 31-10-08 <_< now we can go shop JIPPPIIIEEEEEEEEEEE

Mission Complete ~~ jep today send

Package Recieved ~

i send mine 2 1/2 weeks ago but they are not arrived jet :laughing:

how long does it takes to go over sea??