MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

Mission #1 grodan Karin

1. Participating: YES

2. Received Name: YES

3. Outward Mission mailed: YES, in the mail nov 18 :laughing:

4. Inward Mission Received!: YES! nov 17, a lovely package from Maine. Thank you very much, the coin was new to me, lovely design! :laughing:

Mission#2 fiabus Björn

3. Outward Mission mailed: YES, nov 18 :ph34r:

4. Inward Mission Received!: NO

Mission#3 lillynglen Johanna & Simon

3. Outward Mission mailed: YES, nov 18 a very big package heading far north. :ph34r:

4. Inward Mission Received!:YES nov 24, a very nice package from NY.

Thank you for holding this huge mission together.

grodan Karin

The kids enjoyed everything. Thank you very much, the coin is very nice and from my seeklist.

9c0c4c36-76bd-4309-9b50-49475c7ef4a3.jpg

Mission One:

1. Participating

2. Received Name:

3. Outgoing Mission Complete: International package sent with assurance that the enormous fee was necessary to have it arrive before Christmas. I hope you enjoy this package as much as I enjoyed putting it together for you.

4. Incoming Package Received!: I had every intention of taking pics of my package with all of the goodies including a bit of gold from ME, but before the camera could snap a single one, the teenage boy in our house had gobbled up all of the lovely treats. LOL Oh Well, I have my very lovely Caching In The Holidays coin which I will treasure! Thanks my secret santa from ME; you made my holiday season start a bit early.

Mission Two:

1. Participating

2. Received Name:

3. Outgoing Mission Complete: Almost ready, waiting on a coin to arrive which should be in the next few days and since this one is domestic, I am sure it will arrive before Old Saint Nick himself! Please be patient, it really is coming!

4. Package Received!:

Edited by sharom12

1. Participating: Yes. Email sent

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Sent: Just recieved the geocoin today (24th) , so sending it 25th Nov

4. Package Received!: Yes! 20-11-08 A wonderful package from my Sercet S@nt@ in NY! Made my day.

I shall post the photo and more details as soon as I have oped it all.

A great idea, can't wait to do another mission, as this was my first.

Geoghunt :laughing:

Mission #1 (Adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent, October 3

2. Received Name: Yes, October 30

3. Outgoing Package Complete: Mailed November 11.

4. Incoming Package Received!: YES!! Received package from Renee in Germany today!!

Mission#2 (Adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent, October 3

2. Received Name: Yes, October 30

3. Outgoing Package Complete: Mailed 11/17/2008, on its way across the ocean. santa_signal.gif

4. Incoming Package Received!:

Thank you so much Renee! I love my package. Inside, I got some ornaments (already put them on my tree), some yummy chocolate cookies (not sure exactly what they were...they were soft with gingerbread-y type cookie insides...already ate them all! ;) ), an awesome painted geocaching canvas, an incense burner with incense (it is burning on my TV), a letter with Christmas story, two geocoins, a pin, and other Christmas decorations. THANK YOU SO MUCH RENEE (Crazy Bear and Honey)!!!! :):DB)

IMG_0327.jpg

YAY! The package arrived!!

IMG_0328.jpg

All of the wonderful things that Crazy bear and Honey sent me from across the ocean! Thank you!!

IMG_0329.jpg

I already put the ornaments on the tree. :lol:

Piglet:

63822b9c-7a04-4176-9f53-485612704232.jpg

Thank you SO much Secret Santa from New York, you are a complete legend who really went the extra mile for my son, he is thrilled with what you sent him! :)

Hugs to Guinea Gal! ;)

Moi? As Shaggy would say, "It wasn't me!"

But I may have helped :D

As soon as my sister in law's internet service is up again, she will LOVE reading your son's story!!!

Have a wonderful holiday!!

Guinea_gal:

1. Participating: 10/2/08

2. Received Name: 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: 11/12/08

4. Package Received!: Getting excited, can't wait!!!

AndrewPanda:

2. Received Name: 10/28/08

3. Mission Complete:11/12/08

4. Package Received!: 11/21/08!!!!

RMZ72:

4. Package Received!: 11/20/08!!!

Andrew received his package saturday while his mom and I were out geocaching. The funny thing was, it sat in his mailbox all day and he didn't even know it! He was very excited about having a special Santa who gives presents and coins! He loves the window gummies...out them up right away! And I will post the pics as soon as I get back to my home computer where they are. Thanks to all who made his day!!!

Mission 1 (adult)

1. Participating: Yes! email sent OCT 2

2. Received Name: Yes! OCT 30

3. Mission Complete: YES! NOV 12 - sent my international mission

4. Package Received: YES! NOV 12

Mission 2 (adult)

1. Participating: Yes! email sent OCT 2

2. Received Name: Yes! OCT 30

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received:

I have a package from WI on my table, looks pretty Christmasy! Hoping to hold off opening it, at least until the tree goes up! ;) It only shakes a little :lol:

It can always be opened up on St. Nickolas Day, which we think is on December 6th. but if you want to open it sooner go ahead,it is fine with us, the suspense always get to us but if we receive ours early we will try to hold out on opening it until Christmas Day. :):DB)

We want to say sorry for not getting our packages out earlier. They are going in the mail in the morning. Should be to our cachers by the first part of next week at the latest.

Mom of theodellfamily got her package from Scotland. Loved everything. Now if I can talk her out of one of her Kit Kat????

Sorry we don't know how to post pictures.

Adult Mission (Chuck & Esther)

Santa Mission Email Sent - 03/10/08

Santa Mission Name Received - 27/10/08

Santa Mission Sent - 24/11/08

Santa Mission Received - 16/11/08

We received our first mission last week from Rene and Kerstin. It was chock full of ornaments, some chocolatey-gingerbready pretzel shaped goodies, geoswag and a copy of "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus". Most of the stuff has been eaten or put up out of the reach of the kids, so getting a picture of it all may be difficult! :) There was also a GCC 2006-12 geocoin and a Beamer black nickel snowboard in red.

Thanks!

Kids' Mission (Jonathan, Anika, Patrick)

Santa Mission Email Sent - 03/10/08

Santa Mission Name Received - 30/10/08

Santa Mission Sent - 24/11/08

Santa Mission Received - 24/11/08

Our kids mission arrived today, and my wife could barely get out of the mailbox! (I think she actually broke the door trying. Someone will likely contact Canada Post and report it as vandalism ;) )

Grodin and Fiabus went a little nuts with the gift-giving for our three munchkins:

mailbox20081124_2.jpg

We're going to wait until Sinterklaasavond on December 5th before letting the kids open the presents. I must confess though, that I already opened one suspiciously coin-shaped package and found a Big Bean and a Fiabus personal geocoin. Thanks!

On another note, I got some other packages today containing coins that completed my own outgoing missions. They are now on their way too.

1. Participating: Yep. Email sent 10-21-08

2. Received Name: Yep. 10-29-08. Now to do some research.

3. Mission Sent: Not yet, still waiting on one thing!!!

4. Package Received!: Yes! 11-24-08 Not going to open till 12-25 unless told to otherwise.

Along with a nicely wrapped package was 4 zip loc bags with shredded green red and white paper. Inside the paper was my favorite caching food, Combos, and 6 big tootsie rolls, and 2 granola bars.

Only thing is, I have not yet read the card to see who it is from. Will probably read it tonight.

I see mine is from The Graystone Gopher. Thank you. It is bugging my wife, she wants me to open, but I refuse....lmao

PS Can some kind person direct me to the directions for posting photos on here. I seem to have forgotton how and I am really enjoying everyones pictures.

Upolad a photo onto the web eg... your geocaching gallery.

Then when posting here, click on the picture at the top with a tree.

Add the link (you get the link by right clicking on the photo that you have uploaded)

Piglet:

63822b9c-7a04-4176-9f53-485612704232.jpg

Thank you SO much Secret Santa from New York, you are a complete legend who really went the extra mile for my son, he is thrilled with what you sent him! :)

Hugs to Guinea Gal! ;)

Moi? As Shaggy would say, "It wasn't me!"

But I may have helped :D

As soon as my sister in law's internet service is up again, she will LOVE reading your son's story!!!

Have a wonderful holiday!!

No - not GuineaGal.....

Quite a young one though that put this one together.

Heather received her mission over the weekend. I know that I said that we were going to save it to open closer to Christmas, but I caved and let her open it. She was thrilled with everything!

DSC02944.jpg

The back of the book included a paper model, which was a lot easier to punch out than assemble (LOL). I never knew that Santa traveled via sheep down under!

DSC02947.jpg

Thanks for the awesome mission!

Radionut50 is getting errors on trying to log in (same as =wyvern= )

but I know he is happy that this mission arrived safely.

The Kiwi Night before Christmas story is becoming a classic in New Zealand.

I got both my missions!!! Mine and My lil EmmaGems!

Mine showed up today and EmmaGems showed last week!...Now, I havent opened either of them yet. I am not sure if I can hold out till Xmas, but Im tryin!!! ;) ...Neither says to wait, but Mamma never let me peek!!! :)

Both Missions came from overseas...OH I wanna see whats inside!!! B)

I havent sent either of my missions off yet...Its still Nov! :D

So for myself and EmmaGem aughta look like this so far:

Santa Mission Email Sent - Yes

Santa Mission Name Received - Yes

Santa Mission Sent - Not Yet...Hang Tight!!!

Santa Mission Received - Yes

Thanks again for hosting the Mission Butterfly lady and I am sorry for the delay!

Received our adult mission today! B)

thanks so much to the Blorenges :lol: It's an awesome package, couldn't wait for Christmas to open everything... ;)

LOVE the coins! :) (and everything else!)

What a great package.

Thank you very much Lucilla & Chris!

You really brightened a cold autumn day.

The coins are perfect for us, you just can't know how perfect.

:D

1. Participating: Email sent 23-10-08

2 Received Name: 31-10-08

3. Mission Sent: Not yet, very close to dispatch though

4. Package Received!: Yes! 24-11-08

Had no idea that we were going to receive such an incredible package - thank you - the kids will love the candies and choclates.

Got a bit concerned when some of our special items hadnt arrived, but the postman dropped them today ;) so will finalise and dispatch our secret package shortly

a80b73ca-016f-4f52-b872-9184c7d09bef.jpg

Sorry. had to wait for bits to come through the post. They've arrived now so here's the update:

1. Participating: 23rd October

2. Received name: 31st October

3. Outward mission mailed: 25th November

4. Inward mission received! 25th November!!! Thanks!

Missions complete!

Millie will be excited to open the package when she gets home from school!

1. Participating.... Done

2. Received name.... Done

3. Outward mission mailed: .... Not yet; will leave this week - fast and inner European, so shouldn't come into time trouble

4. Inward mission received..... YES!

I've been away for some days and when I came home Sunday evening my package was there! I really tried not to open it, but it had a light smell of cinnamon on it and I couldn't resist opening it in the end. Actually I thought it must be something to eat, but it was for the bathroom.- The whole package still smells of it. ;) I really enjoyed having a look at all the small caching items you put in there! They will be very useful to me. The TB is already receiving it's mission tags. B) - And especially the socks are a perfect present for me as I'm always freezing! The coin is a "Cornish 2007" - a really nice one! Thanks a lot for all that to the Alibags. :)

I will also post some pictures later on. :D

Edited by ~Fedora~

Sorry for responding late ;)

But here it comes :D

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name: Received

3. Mission Complete: Yes it is on its way B)

4. Package Received!: Yes :lol: Some really nice goodies, but I am still not sure whom it is from, as there is a sigitem in there, but the person did not sign on, as far as I know and it was sent from a whole different place than the person of the sigitem is from? :)

Far too many really great coins came into my mailbox a few days ago, thank u so much Santa :lol::)

9dd614f8-73f4-4dbf-aa3d-e77ca04d656b.jpg

Edited by Tschakko

Mission # 1

1. Participating: yes

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes, sent Nov 19

4. Package Received!: Yes, Nov 20 from Butterfly Lady

Mission # 2

1. Participating: Yes

2. Received Name: yes

3. Mission Complete: yes, sent Nov 12

4. Package Received!: Yes, Nov 25 from Penny and Kona

Today I rcd another great package, this time from Penny and Kona.

Thank you so much for sending so many things from my wish list :)

The box itself is beautiful !

I've been trying to fold "christmas stars" but mine never came out as nice as yours.

I liked everything you sent: Tea,Nutcracker,Soft toy,Landyard,Miniature Christmas stocking,Homemade chrsitmas tag,Tb tags,Hitch-hiker companion and the two coins:Smokey bear ;) and Purr-fect geo cat.

Thank you :D

f141d10c-ee15-4685-aaba-fda1001bedfb.jpg

Edited by Solan109

MISSION ONE: Adult

1. Participating - Email Sent 10/16/08

2. Received Name -10-30-08

-[/color]3. Mission Complete 11-12-08- delivered 11-21-08

4. Package Received -YES---11-24-08----ALL THE WAY FROM SWEDEN!!!

MISSION TWO: CHILD

1. Participating - Email Sent 10/16/08

2. Received Name -10-27-08

-[/color]3. Mission Complete 11-12-08- DELIVERED 11-24-08

4. Package Received -11-22-08

WE WILL POST PICS AND ELABORATE WHEN WE HAVE SOME TIME --THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH ----SLOAN 109- WE LOVED THE STUFF AND ZARIAH LOVED HER STUFF TOO!!! :unsure:

Mission # 1 - Adult

1. Participating: :unsure: Email sent 10/01/08

2. Received Name: 10/29/08

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received! : 11/25/08 Gave to my wife, to add to my stocking. Was tempted but didn't open it at all.

Mission # 2 - Child

1. Participating: :D Email sent 10/01/08

2. Received Name: 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!

Mission One:

1. Participating

2. Received Name:

3. Outgoing Mission Complete: International package sent with assurance that the enormous fee was necessary to have it arrive before Christmas. I hope you enjoy this package as much as I enjoyed putting it together for you.

4. Incoming Package Received!: I had every intention of taking pics of my package with all of the goodies including a bit of gold from ME, but before the camera could snap a single one, the teenage boy in our house had gobbled up all of the lovely treats. LOL Oh Well, I have my very lovely Caching In The Holidays coin which I will treasure! Thanks my secret santa from ME; you made my holiday season start a bit early.

Mission Two:

1. Participating

2. Received Name:

3. Outgoing Mission Complete: No sooner did I post my message yesterday than daughter entered the house with the mail which contained the coin I was waiting for. My package is wrapped up tight and ready to go to the post office tomorrow. I really enjoyed putting together a wintery package since it is the closest we get to snow here in Texas

4. Package Received!:

AndrewPanda:

2. Received Name: 10/28/08

3. Mission Complete:11/12/08

4. Package Received!: 11/21/08!!!!

RMZ72:

4. Package Received!: 11/20/08!!!

Andrew received his package saturday while his mom and I were out geocaching. The funny thing was, it sat in his mailbox all day and he didn't even know it! He was very excited about having a special Santa who gives presents and coins! He loves the window gummies...out them up right away! And I will post the pics as soon as I get back to my home computer where they are. Thanks to all who made his day!!!

As promised, pics of Andrew opening his stuff (he just lost his front teeth-love that smile!!!)

Holding up packages

2b882877-8799-4dd5-9b1f-e4626913c6d1.jpg

Checking out the loot

438953eb-2a39-4af5-906d-d6bcd02f0077.jpg

Puttin' On the Penguins!

e46c1747-32d4-4eac-b0a1-345a542570fc.jpg

Rita, as you can see, was too impatient to wait for her hubby to come back from work and take a picture of her opening HER stuff, so she made this pretty little layout!

74676be5-8ec5-4b8f-b778-3a458871947b.jpg

Thank you Secret Santas!

Andrew wanted to type and say thank you, too, so don't be surprised if another Thank You pops up!

Adult - Tim

1. Participating: email sent 20/10/08

2. Received Name: Yes will post this week

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!: 26/11/08

IMG_4752.jpgIMG_4760.jpg

Adult - Adeline

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!: 20/11/08

IMG_4721.jpg

Child- Oonagh

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Well I have been out of the Country for a bit, but I got to Cache while I was there :unsure:

I apologize for the for the delay in posting, here is our missions status;

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/1/08

2. Received Name: Received Mission Name 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete: Kids posted while Dad was in South Africa SO COMPLETE

4. Package Received!: NOT YET but Dad said we will have to wait till CHRISTMAS to open

Mission #2 Queenie-Boo-Bay

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/1/08

2. Received Name: Received Mission Name 10/27/08

3. Mission Complete: Kids posted while Dad was in South Africa SO COMPLETE

4. Package Received!: NOT YET but Dad said we will have to wait till CHRISTMAS to open

Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas to ALL :D

Mission 1 - Adult

1. Participating: yes (10/17/08)

2. Received Name:yes (10/31/08)

3. Mission Complete: (11/20/08) (CanadaPost reported delivery on 11/24)

4. Package Received!: WOW! ahem, yes (11/17/08)

Mission 2- Pet

1. Participating: yes (10/17/08)

2. Received Name: Yes (10/28/08)

3. Mission Complete: (11/26/08) (Shipped FedEx Ground)

4. Package Received!:

Edited by tokencollector

Mission #1 River Cacher

1. Participating: E-mail sent

2. Received Name: 10-30-08

3. Mission Complete: Mailed out 11-13-08

4. Package Received:

Mission #2 River Tinkerbell

2. Received Name:10-27-08 Now the fun begins to see what else I can find for my X-MAS Mission.

3. Mission Complete: 11-15-08 or close

4. Package Received:11-8-8

Mission #3 River Princess

2. Received Name:10-27-08 Now the fun begins to see what else I can find for my X-MAS Mission.

3. Mission Complete: 11-26-08

4. Package Received:11-22-08

I will be posting pictures soon.

The girls have opened theres and they love all of the neat items.

My package says i have to wait until December 1st and then follow instructions.

I hope evryone has enjoyed it as much as we have.

I was going to save all the packages until X-mas but the first one showed up while i was not at hoime and my daughter opened it and i asked why did you do that and she replied it had my name on it and it did not say do not open it.

She sure enjoyed all the stuff.

Two down - one to go! Mr Geosmurf's package arrived today, all the way from Weston, Florida. Thank you, secret geo santa! We will check this thread for clues about the sender while we wait for the third and final package to arrive...

Mr geosmurf - Krister

1. Participating: E-mail sent Oct 12

2. Received Name - Oct 30

3. Mission Complete: Nov 10, 2008 - on its way across the oceans

4. Package Received!: Nov 26 - Thank you so much!!

Mrs geosmurf - Camilla

4. Package Received!: Nov 15 Thank you so much Laval K-9!!

Miss geosmurf - Felicia (11 yrs)

4. Package Received!:

Camilla

Sorry. had to wait for some special items to arrive, So now package is all bundled up and ready to fly across the ocean, will be going fastest way possible.....:

1. Participating: 23rd October

2. Received name: 31st October

3. Outward mission mailed: Nov.28

4. Inward mission received! not yet...looking forward to it..... :D

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - YES

4. Package Received - NO

MISSION TWO: Adult

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - NO, not yet

4. Package Received - NO

MISSION THREE: Adult

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - NO, Not yet

4. Package Received - NO

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - YES

4. Package Received - NO

MISSION TWO: Adult

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - NO, not yet

4. Package Received - NO

MISSION THREE: Adult

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name - Yes

3. Mission Complete - NO, Not yet

4. Package Received - NO

Do not fret - all three who are sending you missions have posted them..... at least one has a long journey to reach you.

Mission Status

1 Adult -

Outgoing mission - I mailed this today, should arrive on time if there are no holdups overseas:)

Incoming - not yet

2 Child -

Outgoing mission - I mailed this one also today, staying in US so it should get there early next week

Incoming - arrived on Monday

Well when Mackenzie found out that the box in the mail was for her there was no way I was going to convince her to wait till Christmas :D Here are a few pics:

CIMG4353.jpg

CIMG4356.jpg

The tip of the iceberg

CIMG4359.jpg

So many goodies I don't think I got it all in the pic :D

CIMG4361.jpg

2 ornaments, one of them beautifully handmade - these went on the fireplace mantle

CIMG4367.jpg

Mackenzie and all her treasures

CIMG4364.jpg

closeup of the beautiful coins

CIMG4369.jpg

And we put this together today, she loved it. Reminded me of the preying mantis that lived in our lemon tree for a short period of time, very cool.

Thanks DJ.J you Rock :D

1. Participating: Email sent 23-10-08

2 Received Name: 31-10-08

3. Mission Sent: Yes 27-11-08

4. Package Received!: Yes! 24-11-08

Had no idea that we were going to receive such an incredible package - thank you - the kids will love the candies and choclates.

Got a bit concerned when some of our special items hadnt arrived, but the postman dropped them today :D so will finalise and dispatch our secret package shortly

a80b73ca-016f-4f52-b872-9184c7d09bef.jpg

:laughing: Mission complete - Package dispatched today :D

Edited by Didusawrus

Mission Status

1 Adult -

Outgoing mission - I mailed this today, should arrive on time if there are no holdups overseas:)

Incoming - not yet

2 Child -

Outgoing mission - I mailed this one also today, staying in US so it should get there early next week

Incoming - arrived on Monday

Well when Mackenzie found out that the box in the mail was for her there was no way I was going to convince her to wait till Christmas :laughing: Here are a few pics:

CIMG4353.jpg

CIMG4356.jpg

The tip of the iceberg

CIMG4359.jpg

So many goodies I don't think I got it all in the pic :D

CIMG4361.jpg

2 ornaments, one of them beautifully handmade - these went on the fireplace mantle

CIMG4367.jpg

Mackenzie and all her treasures

CIMG4364.jpg

closeup of the beautiful coins

CIMG4369.jpg

And we put this together today, she loved it. Reminded me of the preying mantis that lived in our lemon tree for a short period of time, very cool.

Thanks DJ.J you Rock :D

YOUR VERY WELCOME- THIS WAS OUR FIRST MISSION-GLAD YOU LIKED EVERYTHING AND IT GOT THERE SAFE!!! WERE LOVING THE PICS! MERRY CHRISTMAS-HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

1. Participating: E-mail sent Oct 2/08

3. Mission Complete: Yes... sorry for the delay in posting this

4. Package Received!: YES!!!

After the loss of my baby brother last Monday (November 17/08) to a fatal car accident, I was dreading the holiday season. Today, when I received my parcel in the mail, the smile returned to my face (even if for a short while). Thank You TokenCollector for reminding me of the great season that awaits us ... Merry Christmas everyone!

1. Participating: E-mail sent Oct 2/08

3. Mission Complete: Yes... sorry for the delay in posting this

4. Package Received!: YES!!!

After the loss of my baby brother last Monday (November 17/08) to a fatal car accident, I was dreading the holiday season. Today, when I received my parcel in the mail, the smile returned to my face (even if for a short while). Thank You TokenCollector for reminding me of the great season that awaits us ... Merry Christmas everyone!

Lovely to see you in the forum.

Our heart goes out to you.

May the Christmas spirit give you lots of hugs and may your spirit be supported by those around you.

My packages finally arrived so I can now say:

1. Participating: email sent 21/10/08

2. Received Name: 30/10/08

3. Mission Complete: 27/11/08

4. Package Received:

Sorry for the delay. Its going by plane and the Post Office assure me it'll be there in plenty of time! Hope you like it :laughing:

PS Scatterbrain Cutie: I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I lost my brother suddenly last year so I know how you feel. I hope your family strength will make this season as good as it can be.