MISSION: Santa's Mission

Butterfly_lady

Kurdogso

Mission 1 (adult)

1. Participating: Yes :laughing:

2. Received Name: Yes :anibad:

3. Mission Complete: Still working on it, shipping within the US May be early December

4. Package Received:

Mission 2 (Pet)

1. Participating: Yes :rolleyes:

2. Received Name: Yes :anibad:

3. Mission Complete: Still working on it, shipping within the US should mail this weekend

4. Package Received: YES!! Arrived in todays mail. Dog sniffing it already :ph34r: So exciting Thank you!

1. KernowCacher Cheyenne (aged 8)

1. Participating: Email sent 1st Oct

2. Received Name: 27th Oct

3. Mission Complete:Posted 8th Nov

4. Package Received!:

2. KernowCacher Jan (adult)

2. Received Name: 30th Oct

4. Package Received!: Fabulous package received today filled with sweets, chocolates, biscuts, a christmas hat, a lovely hand made ornament and a Michigan geocoin. Thank you so much Laura2000MI.

KernowCacherJanchristmasmission-1.jpg

3. KernowCacher Ross (adult)

2. Received Name: 30th Oct

4. Package Received!:

Extra mission to Hanna - Posted 8th Nov

Edited by KernowCachers

Mission #1 (Adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent, October 3

2. Received Name: Yes, October 30

3. Outgoing Package Complete: Mailed November 11.

4. Incoming Package Received!:

Mission#2 (Adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent, October 3

2. Received Name: Yes, October 30

3. Outgoing Package Complete: Mailed 11/17/2008, on its way across the ocean. :anitongue:

4. Incoming Package Received!:

All the parts of outgoing mission finally in hand.

Boxing and taping complete. It will be on its way halfway around the world tomorrow.

I believe the tape may weigh more than the box does :anitongue: , but better safe than sorry.

I too used lots of tape :( (Free tape from work :mad: )

Missions all packed and will be mailed tomorrow. Plenty of time, i hope

MISSION:

1. Participating: Yes, Email Sent – 10/17/08

2. Received Name: Yes, 10/31/08

3. Outward Mission mailed: 11/10/08

4. Inward Mission Received!: 11/17/08

Mine came today!! All the way from the UK!! Thank you Secret Santa!!

Shadow is guarding the package to ensure it will stay wrapped until Christmas. It's going to be a very long time until December 25th, but I am going to wait. Anticipation is half the fun :anitongue:

SF%20Mission.jpg

Hmmm... shouldn't one of Laval K-9's missions be here as well?? :( I have a package :anitongue: sitting next to the computer, waiting to be opened when our other two missions have arrived...

Camilla

Oops! - Yes - Colour change on the list overlooked.

Add Laval K-9

Shouldn't Geosmurfarna's mission be the one in pink since we didn't receive our mission yet and hers is complete? :mad:

Just as the first snow of the season started to fall today my package arrived, safe and sound, from Sweden! I'm so excited, but I'm going to wait until closer to Christmas to open it. (Of course, I had to peek at the card... thanks so much Mr. Geosmurf!) Even the outside of the package had pretty stickers and the card is handmade. The gifts are all so beatifully wrapped!

Christmas.jpg

We set up a train around the Christmas tree... I'm going to place the packages on one of the flat bed cars when we set it up. It will really add a festive touch! This is the first "mission" that I have participated in and all I can say is WOW! Thanks also to "Butterfly Lady for making this possible.

Hmmm... shouldn't one of Laval K-9's missions be here as well?? :( I have a package :anitongue: sitting next to the computer, waiting to be opened when our other two missions have arrived...

Camilla

Oops! - Yes - Colour change on the list overlooked.

Add Laval K-9

Shouldn't Geosmurfarna's mission be the one in pink since we didn't receive our mission yet and hers is complete? :mad:

Pink is the colour for the sender - goes pink when their mission is received by the recipient.

I'm only tracking one side of the equation - - - the sender side, although on my spreadsheet I can see who have yet to receive.

I may yet have to add purple or green to the mission - hope not. Fun keeping track of them all, and seeing the posts.

Yes Laval K-9 is pink.

Mrs Geosmurfarna went pink today, but you will need to see a post that is yet to be done.

christmas.jpg

I'm so happy ~~~~~~~~~

I received a package today too!

From Sweden! Mrs Geosmurfana has so lovingly wrapped tiny packages up - (photo will follow, once I stop admiring it and allow myself to open it) Patience.

It smells spicy!

With a recipe too, and a handmade card.

Thank you so much.

It feels like Advent season here, and the Christmas tree is not yet up.

Doing a happy dance here parcel received and opened (sorry was never good at the patience thing).

Thanks to Brewmeister and Kids for the huge supply of candy and lovely christmas tree ornaments and the lovely Cystic Fibrosis coin (could you please send me details on how to activate the coin).

Cann't beieve the ridiculous postage charge you had to pay from the States to here. I sent a huge shoe box to Europe recently and it only cost me £5.00 (and that was on prioirity mail.

Thanks again and BL that means I'm in the PINK

Mission #1 grodan Karin

1. Participating: YES

2. Received Name: YES

3. Outward Mission mailed: YES, in the mail nov 18 :anitongue:

4. Inward Mission Received!: YES! nov 17, a lovely package from Maine. Thank you very much, the coin was new to me, lovely design! :(

Mission#2 fiabus Björn

3. Outward Mission mailed: YES, nov 18 :mad:

4. Inward Mission Received!: NO

Mission#3 lillynglen Johanna & Simon

3. Outward Mission mailed: YES, nov 18 a very big package heading far north. :mad:

4. Inward Mission Received!: NO

Thank you for holding this huge mission together.

grodan Karin

Mission 1 ~ girl dog

Participating ~~~~~ e-mail sent jep 09-10-08

Recieved name ~~~ jep 28-10-08 :anitongue:

Mission Complete~~ jep today send

Package Recieved~~ jep doggie got it

Mission 2 ~ adult girl

Participating ~~~~~ e-mail send jep 09-10-08

Recieved name ~~~ jep 31-10-08 :( now we can go shop JIPPPIIIEEEEEEEEEEE

Mission Complete ~~ jep today send

Package Recieved

A quick update on the missions from Harvey and me.....

I'm just finishing gathering the bits and pieces together and am waiting for one coin to come in the post.........it seems to be taking forever to get here :anitongue: .

I'll have both missions in the post asap, probably early next week (that's me allowing time for that coin to arrive). They will be away in plenty time of though because the last Airmail posting date from the UK (to the folks' parts of the world that I've been given) is 10th December.........and both parcels will be away well before then. :(

When we went to the Post Office today, my husband went in to get the mail. He came out carrying a huge white mailing bag. GEDC0019.jpgI just had a feeling it was my Christmas mission - all the way from the UK! I am so excited. Can't put the name on the package with a caching name but it will all come together. Thank you ~ Thank you!

I am going to try and wait but did take the package out of the mailing bag (sure wished the US had these - they are nice!). Inside was a pretty and very festive Christmas box. GEDC0020.jpg

It is sitting on a table ~ hope I can wait!

PENGUINS COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS MISSION

Coming soon.....

Please give me another day or so for starting the new thread for the new mission ~ woke with a migraine this morning.

Clearing, but will wait till 100%, so that I hopefully get the wording right.

The mission has a small complex component for the penguins, so it will take time to set up, once the names are all in.....

Now - don't go buying goodies for the Penguins mission.

It is a simple Last Minute Mission.

1. Participating: Yes

2. Name Received: Yes

3. Outward Mission Mailed: Yes

4. Inward Mission Received: Yes!

5. Outward Mission received: Not yet

thanks so much for the wondeful package jan! it looked as if the postal folks played rugby with it and kicked it around a bit. thank heavens nothing breakable inside! i love the hand-made tree with the coins on the inside, that was beautiful. and the tea! my favorite. :ph34r:

two coins that i didn't have, the cornwall one with the raven on the back (always love coins with ravens) and the n2life from idaho coin. have not heard of that one before. it is quite lovely.

and thanks for the smelling-good candles and incense. my kitchen thanks you too. :unsure:

lara / RSG

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Mission #1 (child)

1. Participating: E-mail sent 13/10/08

2. Received Name: received

3. Mission Complete: will post tomorrow

4. Package Received!:

Mission#2 – (adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent 13/10/08

2. Received Name: received

3. Mission Complete: will post tomorrow

4. Package Received!: 18/11/08 recieved today -

REceived my mission today - thank you, have resisted the temptation to open, want to know who its from!! :unsure:

Mission #1 Adult (Claire & Claude) Laval K-9

1. Participating: OK

2. Received Name: OK

3. Outward mission mailed: to someone Nov 7th

4. Inward mission received!

Mission#2 Pet (Judd & Wyatt Earp) German Shepherd Geodogs Laval K-9

1. Participating:OK

3. Outward mission mailed: somewhere Nov 7th

4. Inward mission received! YES! Thanks to the Tank Hounds :unsure:

Mission #3 Child (Étienne) K-9 Junior

3. Outward mission mailed: to a young cacher Nov 7th

That package smells very good but the dogs will have to wait until everyone in the family receives their mission :ph34r:

DSCN4093_1.jpg

Mission #1 Adult (Claire & Claude) Laval K-9

3. Outward mission mailed: to someone Nov 7th

3. Outward mission mailed: to a young cacher Nov 7th

That package smells very good but the dogs will have to wait until everyone in the family receives their mission :rolleyes:

DSCN4093_1.jpg

:ph34r: the dogs look SO excited (beautiful dogs btw :rolleyes: )

Mrs usyoopers

participating- sent email 10/1

received name-just got email access, name arrived a few days ago...11/8

mission complete-

package received- Got mine today....no, I have NO self-control. I ripped into that baby as soon as I left the post office! My package seems to have come from the BIG MAN himself, address label was from Santa Cacher!! Inside was- Gourmet Salt Water Taffy (the chocolate is really good!), a window sill grow kit to grow a "carpet of snow", an all day sucker, this was really cool...Peppermint bath confetti, bath pearls and bath crystals...Santa knows that we just finished remodeling the bathroom that included a new tub- can't wait for the next soak! AND....2 very cool coins that we didn't have- Antique Silver Greatest Cache and the VERY pretty Gold Dawn of the Faeries.

Many THANKS to Santa Cacher!!!!!

the other yooper

participating- sent email for him 10/1

received name-just got email access, name arrived a few days ago...11/8

mission complete- 11/17, in the mail...long trip to make!

package received-

That package smells very good but the dogs will have to wait until everyone in the family receives their mission :ph34r:

DSCN4093_1.jpg

I don't know if they are smelling what's INSIDE or my dogs (they helped package it up! LOL).

Glad that it got there ok!

Mission:

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Complete: No

4. Package Received: Yes - Returned from vacation yesterday and got my collected mail today with a BIG box in the stack of mail. I am going to wait until closer to the holiday...probably Thanksgiving though :unsure:

Mark mine down as sent!

One should be there by thursday, the other two should be there before Christmas.

Unfortunately i received a shipping confirmation (after I got back from the post office) for a coin that was suppose to go in each of my packages. Soooo, the card and final coin will be shipping separately. I did not want to wait any longer to mail the packages.

Mission One:

1. Participating

2. Received Name:

3. Outgoing Mission Complete: Almost ready, elf bakers just need to brush off the flour and package up their goodies for safe shipment. should go out later today...

4. Package Received!: details and pictures to follow :D

Mission Two:

1. Participating

2. Received Name:

3. Outgoing Mission Complete: Almost ready, elf bakers just need to brush off the flour and package up their goodies for safe shipment and waiting on a coin to arrive

4. Package Received!:

Edited by sharom12

Mission #1

1. Participating: E-mail sent

2. Received Name: 30 October 2008 -Got it! :D

3. Mission Complete: 12 November 2008 :D

4. Package Received!: 15 November 2008 -Sweet!! :D

I got some great coinage from Minnesota! There's the Signal Dec 2006 (I love snow), a Chippewa Valley 2006 coin (I worked in that area for a couple of years, lived in Eau Claire, WI for a year, and always liked Chippewa Falls, WI), and a Lord of the Rings "Strider" Geotag with elvish script!

You couldn't have done better! Thanks! :D

PB199110.jpg

Mission #2

1. Participating:E-mail sent

2. Received Name: 30 October 2008 -Got it! :D

3. Mission Complete: 12 November 2008 :D

4. Package Received!: Not yet... :D

1. Participating: Yes!

2. Received Name: Yes! October 31

3. Outward Mission mailed: No, not yet.

4. Inward Mission Received!: Yes! November 17

Picked up a large box from the post office yesterday. :D Wow!

The good stuff in it seemed to never end. Lots of candy, scented candles, very cute snowman, a fun pen ... it just goes on. Did I mention the socks with santa flamingos? :D I still havn't opened the two wrapped presents. Will I hold out until christmas? Hmmm... I'm not making any promises here. :D (The candy however, will not last until christmas. At least I'm sure of something.)

And of course, the coins. Two beautiful coins. Love them! Thank you!

christmasmission1.png

christmasmission2.png

Not the best pictures, sorry.

Thank you so much! A wonderful package! I'm very happy about everything in it. :D:D:D

Thank you so much! A wonderful package! I'm very happy about everything in it. :D:):lol:

You're welcome Mufflon! I'm happy to see that it arrived safe and that you enjoyed it! Feel free to open the little wrapped packages if you want. I don't think I'll have the will power to not open my package when it arrives.

The pink flamingo socks - I couldn't pass them up. I bet you are the only one in your neighborhood with a pair! :lol: Now if I could only find a santa flamingo for my yard......

Child Mission 1

1. Participating: 10/09/08

2. Received Name: 10/27/2008

3. Inward Mission Received:

4. Outbound Mission Sent: 11/20/2008 :D

Child Mission 2

3. Inward Mission Received: YES 11/17/08 - Not yet opened. Package came in from Sweden. Will post more when we open all three packages together.

4. Outbound Mission Sent: 11/20/2008 :)

Child Mission 3

3. Inward Mission Received:

4. Outbound Mission Sent: 11/20/2008 :lol:

Sorry for the late mailout, but we had 4/5 of the family sick. Finally getting back up to speed again.

It looks like Christmas will come a bit early this year. I'm glad I noticed this in time to hop the sleigh!

Mission 1 - Adult

1. Participating: yes (10/17/08)

2. Received Name:yes (10/31/08)

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!: WOW! ahem, yes (11/17/08)

Mission 2- Pet

1. Participating: yes (10/17/08)

2. Received Name: Yes (10/28/08)

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

It took me a couple of days to have time to get a picture of my contents so that I could make a more complete post.

I received my box on Monday, and WOW ... the picture starts to do justice to the contents, and I'm not sure that words can. The package was meant to share. There were chocolates - which my daughter will doubtless dig into when she comes home from college this weekend. I'll be out of town when she arrives and if she spots the chocolates, I may not see them again. My son collects path tags, so I've passed them along to him. He thought that the copper plating was cool! There were also some Utah items (postcard, stickers, salt), a bunch of GBOTS signature items (I collect sig items too), and geocoins galore. The coins included three nerds, a 7th anniv geocoin, a POS geocoin (cool because I met them at an event they sponsored) and ... the one that really was topping my most wanted list ... a NCGEO unnumbered coin.

Actually, the NC coin was the first one that I saw and that coin by itself made my day (the rest of the box could have been filled with lumpy oatmeal and I would have still been ecstatic). Of course the box was filled with other great stuff and I sincerely thank my mystery :D secret santa.

GBOTS.jpg

MISSION 1:

1. Participating: Yes,

2. Received Name: Yes,

3. Outward Mission mailed: Early November. Seems that it is still in transit - receipient has yet to post

Sent to the US

4. Inward Mission Received!: From Geosmurfana Mrs, in Sweden

Wow - tempted - lovely aromatic Gingerbread spice, with a reciped for Gingerbread.

Will be baking it closer to Christmas.

3044664333_59f709043b.jpg

Will post photos of contents later..... tempted!!

MISSION 2 :

3. Outward Mission mailed: Early November. Seems that it is still in transit - receipient has yet to post.

Sent to the US

4. Inward Mission Received!: From Chur in Germany.

3045499870_629268db0d.jpg

Another spicy package that I suspect will be full of German Christmas items.

3044663903_b0ed469e6e.jpg

3044664015_af226e1bdb.jpg

Can you spot the micro organism geocoins on the card? Clever!

Will post photos of contents later..... tempted!!

MISSION 3:

3. Outward Mission mailed: Early November. Seems that it is still in transit - receipient has yet to post

Sent to somewhere in Europe.

4. Inward Mission Received!: Anticipation - I have something to look forward to....

It's fun watching all the packages arrive. I love seeing the ones with individually wrapped goodies with all the ribbons, stickers and bows. I can't wrap worth a lick - I need wrapping lessons.

The micro organism card is the neatest thing ever. There are really some very creative people here!

It's fun watching all the packages arrive. I love seeing the ones with individually wrapped goodies with all the ribbons, stickers and bows. I can't wrap worth a lick - I need wrapping lessons.

The micro organism card is the neatest thing ever. There are really some very creative people here!

he girl,

just to let you know............your wrapping was just wonderfull

Lorca did like it muchhhhhh :D

I decided not to wait any longer untill my long ago ordered coins would come.

Luckely i found some other nice coins and today i worked on the mission.

I already gathered some nice xmas things, but a had to use the scale to keep the weight within 500 grams.

The women at the postoffice started laughing when she saw me with my cornflakes box. I tried a shoebox, but the box alone was aleready 300 grams. Okay now it was 395 gram. So back home and wrapped the smalll presents and tried to pimp the cornflakes box! When finished back to the postoffice again and with a total of 486 gram it is now on its way.

santasleemil.jpg

Mission status

2. Received Name: Yes

3. Mission Complete: Yes

4. Package Received: yes