2. Received Name: 10/28/08

3. Mission Complete: This Mission will be i the mail this weekend

4. Package Received!:

Bella/Adult Parrot

1. Participating: 10/2/08

2. Received Name: received name

3. Mission Complete: This mission will be in the mail this weekend

4. Package Received!:

Hope Everyone that receives our mission really like what we packaged all up for them.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holidays in the days ahead and has a Merry Merry Christmas and a Happy Happy New Year!

Mission #1 Adult (Claire & Claude) Laval K-9

1. Participating: OK

2. Received Name: OK

3. Outward mission mailed: to someone Nov 7th :)

4. Inward mission received!

Mission#2 Pet (Judd & Wyatt Earp) German Shepherd Geodogs Laval K-9

1. Participating:OK

3. Outward mission mailed: somewhere Nov 7th :grin:

Mission #3 Child (Étienne) K-9 Junior

1. Participating: OK

3. Outward mission mailed: to a young cacher Nov 7th :grin:

1. Participating: Yes, PM sent through profile 2 Oct 08

2. Received Name: 10/31/08 - Research has begun! Gotta rush - only 10 days to get this together and in the mail. If I get delayed, I will post!

3. Mission Complete: OutGoing ~ Sent USPS to an out of Country destination today 11/7/08.

ani_santas009.gif

Should be there in time. And if it arrives for the first day of YOUR celebration - you may open it before 12/25!

ani_santas003.gif

4. Package Received!:

I checked the list, and studied it too. Tried to pick some nice things for you. Instead of shopping in WalMart or the internet, too ~ I thought more than 1 Geocoin would do! Ho, ho, ho ~ Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

ani_santas035.gif

Instead of shopping in WalMart or the internet, too ~ I thought more than 1 Geocoin would do! Ho, ho, ho ~ Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

I'm happy about this idea. I'm checking the prices for international shipping and thought: choose between a big box or take a smaller one and spend the money on an extra coin??????

I tried to post the parcel today.

But my kitchen scales must be in dire need of calibrating, cause it said 1.9kg.

The post office scales statet 2.120kg. That meens 120g to much for the smaller fee.

Took it home again to do some repacking, as I'm not willing to spend €36 :) on a parcel to the US...

Don't worry, I'll get it out on Monday, right on the deadline... :grin:

Instead of shopping in WalMart or the internet, too ~ I thought more than 1 Geocoin would do! Ho, ho, ho ~ Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

I'm happy about this idea. I'm checking the prices for international shipping and thought: choose between a big box or take a smaller one and spend the money on an extra coin??????

Yes, I did the smaller box which qualified for First Class Parcel (by size and weight) - estimated 10 days delivery time AND a much less expensive rate. I had been anticipating using USPS Flat Rate Priority but decided against this. Still was able to include a few nice (I hope they like them) goodies. For over the ocean shipping, I decided another coin was better than putting the money into postage! ani_elves005.gif

Hope my Secret Santa buddy is happy with that decision.

Happy Holidays to all! tree08.jpg

What is the general thought about open the packages before Christmas? Is it allowed to open when received or are one supposed to wait? Maybe the sender can give the idea about how they want the receiver to do?

Mine can be opened when the receiver decide, at once or wait is up to them.

Two missions are ready to go soon, have to make the postplace weigh them, might be just about at the limit. I love to give christmasgifts and always buy to many. :)

We are going on a weeks vacation and the packages will be mailed out after we get back but the shipping abroad from Sweden usually gets pretty fast so it will be in time I guess.

grodan Karin.

What is the general thought about open the packages before Christmas? Is it allowed to open when received or are one supposed to wait? Maybe the sender can give the idea about how they want the receiver to do?

Each box we sent has a sticker written ¨Open on Christmas HO HO HO¨but, the receivers can open them before if they can't resist :)

What is the general thought about open the packages before Christmas? Is it allowed to open when received or are one supposed to wait? grodan Karin.

I use to participate in a Great Dane forum Christmas exchange and they had a chat room set so that we could sign in and open our gifts at the same time. Obviously the time and date it didn't suit everyone but those that couldn't participate could still go back and read the logs.

It was a huge hit! I am not a computer geek and I have no idea of the logistics involved, but we sure had fun. I don't know if something like that could be set up here or not. Just an idea.

grodan Karin.

I think there is not general rule.

Everyone's situation is different.

Hopefully most packages will arrive in December.

Some for children might get hidden until Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. :)

I'm sure the Pets can wait, as they may not have the same sense of anticipation.

But, whatever, Did you sneak a peek under the tree as a child :)

Will you place your mission gift there.

MMMM.... one thought is, can what your sent withstand sunshine heat of the Southern Hemisphere summer, if it has been sent there (though only about 6 missions are headed so far south)

No hard & fast rules - Christmas is a season. And a season lasts longer than a day.

If you can wait, then your anticipation will be longer (lucky you)

If you open early, then you get satisfaction of knowing you are on the reciving end of something special.

Or, BTW - I'm in New Zealand...... so I get to open mine first.... :):grin::grin:

Because we get Christmas Day first! Ahead of the world (except for Chatham Islands and Tonga - no missions going there)

Edited by Butterfly_lady

1. KernowCacher Cheyenne (aged 8)

1. Participating: Email sent 1st Oct

2. Received Name: 27th Oct

3. Mission Complete:Posted 8th Nov

4. Package Received!:

2. KernowCacher Jan (adult)

2. Received Name: 30th Oct

4. Package Received!:

3. KernowCacher Ross (adult)

2. Received Name: 30th Oct

4. Package Received!:

Extra mission to Hanna - Posted 8th Nov

Is it allowed to open when received or are one supposed to wait?

I will open mine straight away, unless it arrives within a week before Christmas :(

Me too, I can't take the suspense, although I will be opening up Tristin's package and he surely doesn't care ;)

On a 2nd note, Tristin won't be mailing his package until very late Nov. or early Dec. (waiting on coins :blink: ) It is traveling overseas, so hopefully it should be there just in time.

Mission 1: Youngest GeoKid

1. Participating: 10/09/08

2. Received Name: Oct 27

3. Package Sent: Nov 7

4. Package Received!:

Mission 2: Oldest GeoKid

2. Received Name: Oct 27

4. Package Received!:

Mission 3: Mrs. GeoK

2. Received Name: Oct 31

4. Package Received!:

Mrs. GeoKs' outgoing mission went via airmail, as it's on the way to Europe. The GeoKids' outgoing packages to the U.S. went via surface mail.

Blue List updated.

GeoKs GeoKid C

GeoKs GeoKid K

K-9 Junior

KernowCachers - child mission

Laval K-9 - pet mission

Barontoo

Butterfly Lady

Butterfly Lady

Butterfly Lady

Chur

Chur

Chur

Eclectic Penguin

GeoKs Mrs

hollora

Just a Trifle

KernowCachers Jan

KernowCachers Ross

kewfriend

Laval K-9

Maine Family Nana

Pushing Tin

sweetlife

sweetlife

sweetlife (Pet Mission)

That's the posts regarding mailing the missions off. Hopefully I have not missed anyone.....

More updates in a week.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Mrs usyoopers

participating- sent email 10/1

received name-just got email access, name arrived a few days ago...11/8

mission complete-

package received-

the other yooper

participating- sent email for him 10/1

received name-just got email access, name arrived a few days ago...11/8

mission complete-

package received-

It's really hard for me to think too much about Christmas yet....it seems really early, although I understand the need to mail packages overseas early...maybe I'll try to get mine in the mail this week.....

We DID put up our Charlie Brown Christmas tree this weekend (literally, it's the CB Christmas tree...complete with ONE red ornament...our real tree and all it's decorations are still in CO waiting for our house to be sold there) and we put up one strand of lights along the wall...now we're ready for Christmas! lol

Anyway, I'll get both my packages in the mail this week.

Mission #1

</FONT>1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/21/08

2. Received Name: Received 10/30/08

</SPAN></U>3. Mission Complete: Mailed 11/10/08

Mission #2

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/21/08

3. Mission Complete: Mailed 11/10/08

Mission #3

1. Participating: E-mail sent 10/21/08

3. Mission Complete: Mailed 11/10/08

I went for a big box and paid extra for tracking (and allegedly more secure and faster delivery).

Tracking's not much good though - it told me that it was in the Royal Mail postal system and then the next time I checked that it was in the postal system of the destination country - nothing more now 'till it's delivered I guess...

A few moons ago, when I was exchanging UK TV programmes with a friend for brand new episodes of the sci fi series Babylon 5 as they aired in the States (it could take quite a few months before they aired in the UK), it was much cheaper to post equivalent weights out to the States than it was to go the other way round.

Oh - and big(ish) box with more than one coin...

Oh - and I also spent quite some time writing a letter explaining the significance of each item (including the swap coin, which like all the swap items, has strong cultural links to my home area).

Edited by Eclectic Penguin

Mission #1 (Adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent, October 3

2. Received Name: Yes, October 30

3. Outgoing Package Complete: Mailed Global Priority November 11.

4. Incoming Package Received!:

Mission#2 (Adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent, October 3

2. Received Name: Yes, October 30

3. Outgoing Package Complete: ASAP

4. Incoming Package Received!:

**This is my first mission and was not expecting $34 postage. :rolleyes: Mailed out Mission #1 today and will be mailing #2 on Thursday (payday). The US post office no longer does ground shipping, only priority air?? Sorry, my bad. Both mission will get to their destinations in plenty of time though, no worries.** :laughing:

Edited by laura2000mi

1. Participating: email sent 01. Oct 2008

2. Received Name: yes, on 31. Oct 2008

3. Mission Complete: yes, on 10. Nov 2008

4. Package Received!:

Please don't wait till christmas before opening should it arrive beforehand!

I changed the box from big to medium and made up for the left out goodies by adding another coin...

Otherwise, the postage was just to high, I'm afraid.

ElliPirelli

Mr geosmurf - Krister

1. Participating: E-mail sent Oct 12

2. Received Name - Oct 30

3. Mission Complete: Nov 10, 2008 - on its way across the oceans

4. Package Received!:

Mrs geosmurf - Camilla

1. Participating: E-mail sent Oct 12

2. Received Name - Oct 30

4. Package Received!: Nov 10 - may I open it please?!?!? :laughing:

Miss geosmurf - Felicia (11 yrs)

1. Participating: E-mail sent oct 12

2. Received Name - Oct 27

4. Package Received!:

I received my package today, from T Summers - and I am struggling not to open it before Christmas... but Christmas is soooooooo far away!!! Please?! :rolleyes:;);) (At least I think this is the Santa mission?!?!)

Camilla (geosmurfarna)

P.S. Our packages may be opened upon arrival (unless the recipients want to wait until Christmas)...

Mission #1 Adult

1. Participating: E-mail Sent 10/6

2. Received Name: Recvd 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: Package sent 11/10/08

4. Package Received!:

Mission#2 Curtis the Pitbull (geodog in training)

1. Participating: E-mail Sent 10/6

2. Received Name: Recvd 10/28/08

3. Mission Complete: Package sent 11/10/08

4. Package Received!:

Both packages went out today for their journey overseas. I'm hoping everything arrives intact and the recipients like what I sent. Instead of buying some things I decided to make the package a little more personal by making some items.

Feel free to open the package or wait until Christmas. Either is fine with me.

Mission #1

1. Participating: E-mail sent

2. Received Name: 30 October 2008 -Got it! :laughing:

3. Mission Complete: almost...

4. Package Received!:

Mission #2

2. Received Name: 30 October 2008 -Got it! :rolleyes:

3. Mission Complete: almost...

4. Package Received!:

;);)

Edited by earthrooster

4. Package Received!: Nov 10 - may I open it please?!?!? :laughing:

I received my package today, from T Summers - and I am struggling not to open it before Christmas... but Christmas is soooooooo far away!!! Please?! :rolleyes:;);) (At least I think this is the Santa mission?!?!)

Camilla (geosmurfarna)

It's possible that this is the Santa Mission - your sender has definitely sent it...... but the name T Summers is not on my list..... mmmmmmmmmmm

I did another check yesterday at the local Post shop.

European bound Christmas mail from here closes 15th November for Economy mail.

Priority Air mail has another two weeks.

Mail to Australia is much more flexible from here.

So I expect you all have another week or so to get good Economy rates.

Though I am somewhat surprised that the US only has one airmail rate. Or does it differ state to state.

Posted another package off yesterday to US for RadioNut50 - $21 Economy or $28 Priority.....

Guess which I chose? Thats a 25% saving.

Though in saying all that - A large (& I mean large!) box sent to the UK on Economy mail got there in 7 days. Glad I did not pay for priority on that. Probably would have only saved 1 or 2 days had I paid the extra $15 on that one.

Thanks for all the forum posts on when you've mailed the mission. It helps me keep track of who is up to where...

Mission #1 - Sofi

2. Received Name: 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: Shipped on 11/10/08

4. Package Received!:

Mission#2 - Holmbiorn

2. Received Name: 10/30/08

4. Package Received!:

Mission#3 - Loki

2. Received Name: 10/28/08

4. Package Received!

:laughing:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!:rolleyes:

4. Package Received!: Nov 10 - may I open it please?!?!? :)

I received my package today, from T Summers - and I am struggling not to open it before Christmas... but Christmas is soooooooo far away!!! Please?! :):rolleyes::rolleyes: (At least I think this is the Santa mission?!?!)

Camilla (geosmurfarna)

It's possible that this is the Santa Mission - your sender has definitely sent it...... but the name T Summers is not on my list..... mmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting...The only tsummers I know has posted comments on my YouTube videos, completely unrelated to GeoCaching???

MISSION:

1. Participating: Yes, Email Sent – 10/17/08

2. Received Name: Yes, 10/31/08

3. Outward Mission mailed: 11/10/08

4. Inward Mission Received!:

Oh I hope I did it right -- My first mission. :)

If you sent at least one unactivated geocoin and one Christmas related goodie, then yes, relax.

All missions are appreciated. The person to whom you are sending a mission off to, is a very lovely person, and I know they will appreciate whatever you feel reflects Christmas.

There are no rights and wrongs, so long are you do not mail offensive or prohibited items.

MERRY CHRISTMAS INDEED!

Mission 1 (adult)

1. Participating: email sent 22/10/08

2. Received Name:yes, 30th Oct 08

3. Mission Complete:shipped on 11.11.2008

4. Package Received:

Mission 2 (adult)

1. Participating: email sent 22/10/08

2. Received Name:yes, 30th Oct 08

3. Mission Complete:shipped on 11.11.2008

4. Package Received:

Edited by Tapahuga

MISSION:

1. Participating: Yes, Email Sent – 10/17/08

2. Received Name: Yes, 10/31/08

3. Outward Mission mailed: 11/10/08

4. Inward Mission Received!:

Oh I hope I did it right -- My first mission. :)

If you sent at least one unactivated geocoin and one Christmas related goodie, then yes, relax.

All missions are appreciated. The person to whom you are sending a mission off to, is a very lovely person, and I know they will appreciate whatever you feel reflects Christmas.

There are no rights and wrongs, so long are you do not mail offensive or prohibited items.

MERRY CHRISTMAS INDEED!

Thanks for the encouraging words.

The first time is always the scarest and I would hate to be one that messed up Christmas. Not while Santa is watching. :)

The first time is always the scarest and I would hate to be one that messed up Christmas. Not while Santa is watching. :rolleyes:

I'm a little bit scared too about the fact that the recipients will be happy with their gifts. It's the first time we participate in a mission and we joined in for 3 of them, one in each category. So this means 3 receipients to be worry about except perhaps for the Pet one :)

Can't wait to receive the first package. We'll try to wait until Christmas's Eve to open them unless written otherwise :rolleyes:

HO HO HO :)