2. Received Name: received

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Mission#2 – (adult)

1. Participating: E-mail sent 13/10/08

2. Received Name: received

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

We've been shopping and prepared our gifts, now need to wrap them up - only present that is organised so far this year!!

As I do not have a wish list nore many forums posts, here is some information for the one who's mission is to send something to me:

I'm not a coin collector, I prefer to send those out into the world with some nice mission. I prefer coins with a hole or some other possibility to put a mission info on. If there are coins with a special topic, I love finding missions that fit those topics.

Concerning design I like simple things more than extremely colored ones.

Hope that helps a little bit. :)

it could help a lot - but i don't have you so it ain't helping me!

fourth down - and - punt!

rsg

On a side note: Any chance someone can explain to me how to post photos? I've tried a few way but had no luck (I think i'm missing the obvious!) :)

You need to upload the photos (size them down to a reasonable size first) to an url - own webpage, or GC.com gallery etc.

Then copy the Photo url (right click, properties)

When posting a log, click on that picture of a tree above the posting window, paste the url....

Check by previewing your post.

On a side note: Any chance someone can explain to me how to post photos? I've tried a few way but had no luck (I think i'm missing the obvious!) :)

You need to upload the photos (size them down to a reasonable size first) to an url - own webpage, or GC.com gallery etc.

Then copy the Photo url (right click, properties)

When posting a log, click on that picture of a tree above the posting window, paste the url....

Check by previewing your post.

OK, i'm going to try it again (that was one way i was doing it, but it kept telling me there was an Error), but I was trying to link to snapfish and that might have been the problem.

:rolleyes:

Jingle%20Bells%20detail.jpg

MISSION ONE - Little bits of this & that... FUN!

1. Participating: - self listed.

2. Received name: Been twiddling with the lists....

3. Outward mission mailed: All packed and ready for the more economic way - every mission from here is international - ouch! -- Updated - Mailed Monday 3 November

4. Inward mission received!

MISSION TWO - Yummy goodies

2. Received name: A long way to go

3. Outward mission mailed: What a hard one, I think they have more coins activated than me, but aha, I spied something in one of the forums -- Updated - Mailed Monday 3 November

MISSION THREE - Lots of hard thought on this one - but luckily had coins they didn't have.

2. Received name: Even further to go.... Better not be too heavy.

3. Outward mission mailed: Aha moment, so now all packed. -- Updated - Mailed Monday 3 November

Lots of fun - - - - - fortunately I've not got a good memory and have forgotten who got me.

1164232479JAGQU4.jpg

Anticipation...... I managed to reach mailing deadlines. These three cost $49 to mail. Plus one Birthday mission costing $47, making for an expensive day. All economy air postage.

Hate to think what full airpostage cost would have been! Will be worth it though to share a little of New Zealand around the world.

Christmas comes but once a year.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Oh my Oh my...

Normally I'm one of the people who feel annoyed when the shops start selling christmas stuff in October... but this year, thanks to this fine mission, I'm happy about finding those things already :-)

I chose some nice coins for my missions, I hope they like them. Now I can estimate how difficult it must be for those elves who drew my name, with just a few posts from me in the forum and only HTFs in my want List... Well, to make things a little easier: I like celtic and Viking patterns or themes from other ancient cultures and on the other hand I like Coins that are funny somehow. I would also be very happy with a personal coin, if my elve-in-charge made one or something from the region of the sender... But most of all I just like to get surprised :-)

I already started packing...

Now my next problem is: will I ever be able to close the lids of these boxes? I don't want to have to take something out again... It's a little like the old tetris game... But it will fit... must... fit...

Mission 1 (adult)

1. Participating: email sent 22/10/08

2. Received Name: Yes!!

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received:

Mission 2 (pet) dog

1. Participating: email sent 22/10/08

2. Received Name: YES!!

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received:

Planning stages now.. this is such fun! Thanks for the hard work involved!

Alicia & Bob

Here's another hint.

Before sending off your mission, make a note of the coin/s tracking number.

A few items do occasionally go missing in the mail.

It is possible then to check for activation of anything that does go missing.

In the two years I've been send geocoins back & forth, I've had one incoming (order) not make it here.

And I've had one outgoing mission not get to it's destination.

Great to see all the positive posts.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the photos - now I've really got to have patience.

My missions mailed today will probably not arrive for up to 6 weeks. JIT4Xmas. (JIT = Just in time)

Pleas put me on the List:

Matlock75

1. Participating: YES

2. Received Name: YES

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

M02 Child

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

M98 Child

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Matlock75

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

M02 Child

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

M98 Child

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Edited by matlock75

MISSION 1: Nana

2. Received Name:YES 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete: I shipped mine today as it was going international. Hope it arrives safely. I am not sure if it was sent correctly or not.

4. Package Received!:

MISSION 2: Papa

2. Received Name:YES 10/30/08

3. Mission Complete:

4. Package Received!:

Oh my - 11/10 is coming so very soon. I will do my best to get it off by the deadline. Am planning on a Flat Rate Priority so I think with International this should be fine and arrive on time.

Butterfly lady thank you very much for all your work on this very large mission!

That is how the post office said I had to ship mine and it cost me $38.40. I was surprised and wondered what it would be if I waited.

Oh my - 11/10 is coming so very soon. I will do my best to get it off by the deadline. Am planning on a Flat Rate Priority so I think with International this should be fine and arrive on time.

Butterfly lady thank you very much for all your work on this very large mission!

That deadline is sneaking up quickly. How long does international shipping usually take? I tried looking it up at USPS, but it just says "varies" for delivery time. That's helpful... :)

10 November is a guideline - It can be later, just that it will most likely cost more.

The mission is to encourage exchanges across cultures and nations. Unfortunately all postage costs heaps at this time of the year.

Feel free to post later, if you can get it to the recipient by 24 December.

That deadline is sneaking up quickly. How long does international shipping usually take? I tried looking it up at USPS, but it just says "varies" for delivery time. That's helpful... :)

10 November is a guideline - It can be later, just that it will most likely cost more.

The mission is to encourage exchanges across cultures and nations. Unfortunately all postage costs heaps at this time of the year.

i have not noticed it costing more to mail packages after a certain date in the u.s.

can anyone confirm that?

rsg

i send stuff international all the time, about 7-10 days it seems. pretty fast!

guess i better get my self together if the price really does go up the closer to christmas we get.

sigh.

lara

i have not noticed it costing more to mail packages after a certain date in the u.s.

can anyone confirm that?

rsg

Not the date - but the choice of speed of mail....

International packages can go Economy mail (cheaper & slower - used to be called by seamail)

Or they can go by the more expensive Airmail Priority etc.... whatever term used in each country.

By allowing a 6 week period for the mail to go, the sender should be able to get a cheaper rate.

I'll be sending both of my missions by Airmail, because I know for sure that I won't make the November 10th deadline. I just won't be able to put my missions together by then, due to family commitments/circumstances....mainly illness in the family. :)

I've never sent a mission package by "Surface Mail" though because of a couple of bad experiences with it in the past......when, judging by the time things took I think they must have went by tug boat! I vowed back then never to send anything that way again.

I'm used to sending things overseas though, and will make sure that they're both posted in good time for Christmas.

I don't think Canada Post charges us extra around the holidays...but they do provide suggested mailing dates on their website. They suggest mailing overseas by Dec 1-8 (depending on where it's going) and Dec. 3 to the US. But they are quoting mid-range service for those dates (not the most economical, ie: Small Packet Surface).

So I am going to try and send it by mid-November (hopefully) to give it lots of time. My luck, my poor recipient will receive it on the first of December and have to wait the whole month to open it! Hello! Can we say torture??

:)

I don't think Canada Post charges us extra around the holidays...but they do provide suggested mailing dates on their website. They suggest mailing overseas by Dec 1-8 (depending on where it's going) and Dec. 3 to the US. But they are quoting mid-range service for those dates (not the most economical, ie: Small Packet Surface).

So I am going to try and send it by mid-November (hopefully) to give it lots of time. My luck, my poor recipient will receive it on the first of December and have to wait the whole month to open it! Hello! Can we say torture??

If I'm your recipient, you better hold on to it, then, lol!

No way I'll be able to hold on to it until Christmas and not open it!

Naomi :(

:P

If I'm your recipient, you better hold on to it, then, lol!

No way I'll be able to hold on to it until Christmas and not open it!

Naomi :D

Well, I'll be off to the postoffice later on to get a box. As I don't have a suitable in the house.

And when my parcel arrives, please open immediately, as I will send Spekulatius and other christmas food... And everyone knows, those things taste much nicer before christmas!

My mother locked the bicuit tins away and we were only allowed a few on the Advent sundays before the holiday. Funny thing was, after christmas, they stood in the living room and noone wanted any...

So please open my parcel as soon as it arrives! :)

I'm quite sure I won't wait till 24th either! Is this part of the mission? We have to wait! Oh NO!!!! :(:)

i send stuff international all the time, about 7-10 days it seems. pretty fast!

guess i better get my self together if the price really does go up the closer to christmas we get.

sigh.

lara

Lara - the rates doen't go up or down depending on when it's shipped (those are fixed until there is another postal increase). It is just that the later it is shipped the longer it may take. The USPS guideline of 7 - 10 days may grow longer as their volume of mail increases over the holidays. Hope this helps. LA

I just come home from thepost office :-)

Mission #1

1. Participating: E-mail sent, 3rd Oct.

2. Received Name: 30th Oct.

3. Outgoing mission mailed: 5th Nov.

4. Incoming Package Received!:

Mission#2

2. Received Name:30th Oct.

Mission#3

(This package became a bit bigger than the others... couldn't resist... I hope the other mission receivers will not mind, that theirs are smaller...)

2. Received Name:30th Oct.

I hope they will all like the coins (Well, I do!)! And that the packages arrive on time!

Fröhliche Weihnachten!

I have been shopping the stuff today and will put the missions together as soon as possible. The will be mailed out a little late but from Sweden there is a deadline early december for mail abroad so I´m not that worried.

:) This is so much fun. One of my missionpersons were a bit difficult but I hope I have found some nice things for that person too.

grodan Karin

I finally received my mission today because the first mission was deleted by my spamfolder. I didn't knew that I had to check this thread. Time is running out but I hope I will make it just in time.

1. Participating: mail sent: 21.oct 2008

2. Received Name: deleted by spamfolder: 30.oct 2008, finally received 05.nov.2008

3. Mission Complete: pending

4. Package Received!:

One mission almost done. Have all things wrapped up and packed in the box, just to do the final wrapping and get it in the mail. I got a little carried away I guess. :D it ended up both big and heavy and stuffed with goodies.

grodan Karin

Oh, I hope the postage costs are not too much....

but someone is going to be very lucky indeed to be the recipient of your mission.

Wasn't it all fun, buying, making, wrapping, then trying to close the lid!

juggler%20clipart.jpgIt's been a busy time....... Lots of juggling by the elves.

Firstly someone pulled out after all the missions were allocated and sent.

Then there was an omission by me.....

There has been some missions gobbled up by spam filters, and there are always the ones that the elves will never know whether they were received or not....

I'll update the lists in a few days.

With the help of a couple of cachers who showed interest in the mission, but were too late to join in, all has been sorted, so far as the substitutions and omissions.....

The elves say thanks to those who helped so generously. Welcome aboard Santa's sleigh, yalehockeymom, Dresseldragons, and special thanks to the other two who shuffled missions.

Now ~ One volunteer required.

Santa would like someone in the US to send ONE mission only. This is a one-way mission to someone who requires cheering up. Not telling who though.......

Email me through my profile and I'll let you know who....

0tk1.gifin advance.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

I'm about to send my parcel out today (been waiting for the coin to be delivered). The parcel is significantly bigger than a coin - but I have a concern. The address I have been given is a PO box in the States.

In the UK, a PO box is traditionally a small pigeon hole in a local post office - I'm concerned that this will not be delivered to the person it's intended to - what should I do? Postage costs aren't cheap for a package the size I'm sending - I don't mind paying the postage if I know it's going to be delivered, but I also don't want to waste money on a wasted cause...