COIN BUYER AND VENDOR RECEIPT/FEEDBACK THREAD

Eartha

Just for the record, as I never posted about this and I have zero hope of ever seeing these coins:

Name of coin: full original set of Caroussel coins

Name of Vendor: GeocoinDesign

Date Paid: April 2008 (actually I paid for these by trading them for a full set of color pottery coins, receipt of which was confirmed by them (yes I traded with the producers of these coins, GeocoinDesign, aka, at least at the time, Cinemaboxers)

Shipment Due Date: April 2008

Ordered by: kdv

Note: In 2008 I never received the set as promised, in 2009 they promised AGAIN to send me a set ('as the first one must have gone lost in the mail') and I am still waiting for that shipment too.

Name of coin: Dutch geocoin 2010 AS & AG

Name of Vendor: k2coins.nl

Date Ordered: october 26 2010

Shipment Due Date: I heard from somebody else that the vendor believes he has send all coins. Doesn't react on email or letter. I never received my coins or money back, not even a reaction :cry:

Edited by JackHoe

Name of coin: Dragonfly Totem Series AS

Name of Vendor: Compass Coins

Date Ordered: Tuesday 05 July, 2011

Shipment Due Date: 09 July 2911

Ordered by: nessie3d & Ynka 'Not received'

I ordered the full set of coins, 6 in total, when the envelope arrived the Dragonfly was missing. I've been mailing Keith several times, it takes him a few weeks to reply and he promissed twice to solve it and send me a new one. That was almost 2 months ago. I've send him another mail last week, and still no reply. :sad:

I ordered the full set of coins, 6 in total, when the envelope arrived the Dragonfly was missing. I've been mailing Keith several times, it takes him a few weeks to reply and he promissed twice to solve it and send me a new one. That was almost 2 months ago. I've send him another mail last week, and still no reply. :sad:

Name of coin: Dutch geocoin 2011 AS & AG

Shipment Due Date: I heard from somebody else that the vendor believes he has send all coins. Doesn't react on email or letter. I never received my coins or money back, not even a reaction :cry:

Hi JackHoe. I know it was a typo but just wanted to make it clear that you are waiting for last year's 2010 coin, not this year's 2011 coin. Hope you get some justice soon!! Even the designer of last year's coin has not received them yet!!

Name of coin: Dutch geocoin 2011 AS & AG

Hi JackHoe. I know it was a typo but just wanted to make it clear that you are waiting for last year's 2010 coin, not this year's 2011 coin. Hope you get some justice soon!! Even the designer of last year's coin has not received them yet!!

Oh yes, sorry for the mistake. You are right. It's the 2010 coin I didn't receive. But the name of the vendor is different then this year. so I'm not worried about this year ;)

Name of coin: Circle of Four Coins(4 different ordered)

Date Paid: August 06 2011

Shipment Due Date: Presale, Dezember if i remember right

Ordered by: ice13-333

Info "Packaged for shipment" January 25 2012

No Coins yet, no answeres to mails since January 26, no chance to get my money back, because the 45 days are way gone for paypal paying.

Sad.

Name of coin: Circle of Four Coins(4 different ordered)

Date Paid: August 06 2011

Shipment Due Date: Presale, Dezember if i remember right

Ordered by: ice13-333

Info "Packaged for shipment" January 25 2012

No Coins yet, no answeres to mails since January 26, no chance to get my money back, because the 45 days are way gone for paypal paying.

Sad.

Actually, due date was supposed to be...and I quote..., " will be available around the middle of September." (See GeocoinDesign's first post in the Circle of Four thread.)

Sad to see so many are still waiting for a mere word from the seller much less their coins.

Future buyers should be made aware.

Unique Icons for Hogwild geocoins?

I have purchased the Tick ID geocoins & Stone Mountain benchmark geocoin, both list "Unique Icon" on the vendor description but both have generic ones? I have asked the Vendor Numerous times when this will be corrected, but have never received a response? Anyone else having the same issue?

Edited by Untied_ShoeLaces

Name of coin: Circle of Four Coins (6 versions - 10 coins total)

Date Paid: August 07 2011

Shipment Due Date: Presale - Supposedly September

Ordered by: CW88

He recieved coins on January 5th. Last reply was January 26th saying coins were starting to be sent out.

Still not recieved coins or had a 'packaged for shipment' email and now not replying to my emails, and like above no chance to get my money back, because the 45 days have long passed for Paypal.

Unique Icons for Hogwild geocoins?

I have purchased the Tick ID geocoins & Stone Mountain benchmark geocoin, both list "Unique Icon" on the vendor description but both have generic ones? I have asked the Vendor Numerous times when this will be corrected, but have never received a response? Anyone else having the same issue?

yes

Edited by Frank n Beck

Name of coin: GPS Maze Adventures Coin

Name of Vendor: via Kansas Exploration Center, Wichita, KS

Date Paid: Jan. 28, 2012

Shipment Due Date: Empty envelop arrived today

Purchase a GPS Maze coin at the Grand Opening of the Maze Exhibit at the Kansas Exploration Place, coin purchased at the gift shop. Envelop arrived today with one torn corner and two torn sides, no coin. At least the "thank you for your purchase and sorry for the delay" note made it OK. <_< The envelop is a simple greeting card style envelop, and was taped shut in the center, leaving the sides of the cover flap open.

P3230033.jpg

Purchase a GPS Maze coin at the Grand Opening of the Maze Exhibit at the Kansas Exploration Place, coin purchased at the gift shop. Envelop arrived today with one torn corner and two torn sides, no coin. At least the "thank you for your purchase and sorry for the delay" note made it OK. <_< The envelop is a simple greeting card style envelop, and was taped shut in the center, leaving the sides of the cover flap open.

P3230033.jpg

Did you contact the gift shop that sold it to you? If not, call them as they could probably help you replace the coin.

This thread is more geared towards geocoin vendors who "take your money and never ship the product."

In your case, the vendor shipped the product, but the package was damaged by whatever mail carrier they used.

P3230033.jpg

Did you contact the gift shop that sold it to you? If not, call them as they could probably help you replace the coin.

This thread is more geared towards geocoin vendors who "take your money and never ship the product."

In your case, the vendor shipped the product, but the package was damaged by whatever mail carrier they used.

Yep, contacted the shop, and haven't heard back from them yet. Understand about the vendor shipper issue, and they used USPS.

I'm just so bummed out about this and our other TBs/Coins...the only ones left are the ones in my possession (except one). Such a simple concept that turns into throwing money down the drain. :mad:

Name of coin: Tree Of Life (presale)

Name of Vendor: SCAVOK.com

Date Ordered: 2011, 14 August

Shipment Due Date: Don't remember but I think it was by 2011, December.

Note: Have been trying several times to contact during last months Scavok by email, his Personnal (and official) Website and via his Geocaching.com profile, but no answer received.

Ordered by: 1. Paulo Hercules order #1004 "Not yet received"

Edited by paulohercules

P3230033.jpg

Yep, contacted the shop, and haven't heard back from them yet. Understand about the vendor shipper issue, and they used USPS.

I'm just so bummed out about this and our other TBs/Coins...the only ones left are the ones in my possession (except one). Such a simple concept that turns into throwing money down the drain. :mad:

OK, just an update since I brought it up: The vendor from whom I purchased the coin (Kansas Exploration Center, Wichita, KS...not the manufacturer who delivered the coin to the vendor) did call back, and made an immediate replacement of the lost coin, no other questions asked. And it arrived today, 2 days after the call. Good doing business with them.

P3230033.jpg

OK, just an update since I brought it up: The vendor from whom I purchased the coin (Kansas Exploration Center, Wichita, KS...not the manufacturer who delivered the coin to the vendor) did call back, and made an immediate replacement of the lost coin, no other questions asked. And it arrived today, 2 days after the call. Good doing business with them.

Glad it worked out!

Name of coin: PennStateGirl memorial geocoin

Name of Vendor: hogwildstuff.org

Date Ordered: ______4/25/12__________________

Shipment Due Date: __"shortly"__________________

Ordered by: nemocamaro - not received

I know it hasn't been that long, but it wasn't a presale coin, and the order was not yet processed. No response to emails and phone number has been disconnected. I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on with them. Some people I know that ordered from them said they had a normal transaction but lately there have been more people that aren't receiving their coins.

Name of coin: PennStateGirl memorial geocoin

Name of Vendor: hogwildstuff.org

Date Ordered: ______4/25/12__________________

Shipment Due Date: __"shortly"__________________

Ordered by: nemocamaro - not received

I know it hasn't been that long, but it wasn't a presale coin, and the order was not yet processed. No response to emails and phone number has been disconnected. I was wondering if anyone knows what's going on with them. Some people I know that ordered from them said they had a normal transaction but lately there have been more people that aren't receiving their coins.

A little update: I purchased the coin with PayPal and so I filed a dispute. Seconds after the dispute was filed, hogwildstuff cancelled my order. A couple days later I asked them through PayPal for a refund and I was instantly credited my purchase price. I will wait to order from them until I see some good feedback.

Edited by nemocamaro

Name of coin: Tree Of Life (presale)

Date Ordered: 2011, 14 August

Shipment Due Date: Don't remember but I think it was by 2011, December.

Note: Have been trying several times to contact during last months Scavok by email, his Personnal (and official) Website and via his Geocaching.com profile, but no answer received.

Ordered by: 1. Paulo Hercules order #1004 "Not yet received"

Received this order today.

Name of coin: Tengwar (presale) 7 versions

Date Ordered: 2011, 20 November

Shipment Due Date: No further informations

Note: Have been trying several times to contact during last months Scavok by email. No chance to get my money back, because the 45 days are way gone for paypal paying. I paid more than $100.00!

Ordered by: 1. Heinrich Theysohn order #1035 "Not yet received"

Note: Have been trying several times to contact during last months Scavok by email. No chance to get my money back, because the 45 days are way gone for paypal paying. I paid more than $100.00!

I don't see how anything is going to happen here. SCAVOK passed away suddenly in June of this year, and the website is gone.

I don't see how anything is going to happen here. SCAVOK passed away suddenly in June of this year, and the website is gone.

Here is the thread that notified us of Scavok's untimely passing.

In that thread, there is some information from his family, and how they are handling his estate and affairs, in regards to geocoins and his customers. I thought it was very noble of them to take care of this, in the midst of their grief. I hope you can find resolution, and have some understanding if it takes some time. They have to locate the order, and all that, in his belongings. There is a facebook page, you might be able make contact with them through that.

i am beside myself with anger. i ordered two tranquilities at two different times from GeoTrackCoins. both times i asked the coins be insured. no answer. the trickster arrived safe and sound with no insurance. the second which was supposed to have been mailed dec 3rd and let's just say it didn't go out until the 4th. their website says they will send next day mail. here it is the 8th with no coin and still no answer from GeoTrackCoins. and it wasn't insured according to the tracking info.

you can also see on the tracking info where the coin stopped in the system. didn't get to my town at all.

now, i paid for a coin, asked for insurance and didn't get it. now what? do they owe me a refund?

i had a trickster get lost in the mail a couple of years ago so i am very leery of mailing expensive coins without insurance.

what really ticks me off is the lack of response from the seller. they have some tranqs i would like but there is no way i would ever buy from them again.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

i am beside myself with anger. i ordered two tranquilities at two different times from GeoTrackCoins. both times i asked the coins be insured. no answer. the trickster arrived safe and sound with no insurance. the second which was supposed to have been mailed dec 3rd and let's just say it didn't go out until the 4th. their website says they will send next day mail. here it is the 8th with no coin and still no answer from GeoTrackCoins. and it wasn't insured according to the tracking info.

you can also see on the tracking info where the coin stopped in the system. didn't get to my town at all.

now, i paid for a coin, asked for insurance and didn't get it. now what? do they owe me a refund?

i had a trickster get lost in the mail a couple of years ago so i am very leery of mailing expensive coins without insurance.

what really ticks me off is the lack of response from the seller. they have some tranqs i would like but there is no way i would ever buy from them again.

lara

found a phone number, search for coin underway, evidently my emails via their website have not been received. at least i didn't wait too long to call the company.

(edited because there's that grammar thing again)

Edited by RedShoesGirl

name of coin - Kathy's Coin Too

vendor - Cache Addict (Mike Atwell)

date Ordered - 10-29-2012

shipment due date - 11-30-12

partial refund sent...refuses to refund die fee...as the coins were lost and tracking was not performed or offered, the dies are of no use to me...i have requested that if i am to pay for the dies, they be sent to me

Edited by drneal

Name of coin: Tree of Life Geocoin Red on Silver

Name of Vendor: TC+12 at GC.com/in this forum

Date Ordered: 2013, 24 February

Ordered and paid ($50) via paypal, then no answers to my mails till i wrote here in the forum. Allegedly package "lost in the mail" but he sent me no proof that he truly sent it (USPS receipt?).

I asked him for refund but no answer again (Paypal refund will not work because the 45 days are over). He shows no effort to resolve the problem! Seems to me like a fraud! Beware!

Name of coin: Wolf Pack 2

Name of Vendor: Geocoin and Pin of the Month Club (Oakcoins)

Date Ordered: February 27, 2014

Shipment Date: Coin was to be shipped March 25, 2014, per their club FAQ information.

The interesting part of this is that I had to pay for April's coin and pin two days after the March coin was to be shipped (Payment for April's coin was charged to my credit card on March 27). Given that the March coin was to be shipped March 25 (I haven't been notified otherwise), I have allowed over two weeks to receive my coin. I've cancelled my subscription as I no longer trust this vendor.

Name of coin: Wolf Pack 2

Name of Vendor: Geocoin and Pin of the Month Club (Oakcoins)

Date Ordered: February 27, 2014

Shipment Date: Coin was to be shipped March 25, 2014, per their club FAQ information.

The interesting part of this is that I had to pay for April's coin and pin two days after the March coin was to be shipped (Payment for April's coin was charged to my credit card on March 27). Given that the March coin was to be shipped March 25 (I haven't been notified otherwise), I have allowed over two weeks to receive my coin. I've cancelled my subscription as I no longer trust this vendor.

I received my refund from OakCoins on April 16. They processed my refund in a courteous and professional manner. Due to a past experience (see earlier post from me about this in this thread if you are interested)I was unwilling to extend wait time for my coin beyond the period covered by PayPal. I regret making the comment about not trusting OakCoins, the have in the past and in this current situation, been completely reliable and professional.

Can somebody help me with an DISHONEST COIN DEALER.

I had my 1st coin made by SoCalGeocoins Matt Schapiro in 2005/6 without a problem. I received some of the coins and he sold the rest. On 15 Dec 2007 he wrote me an mail to state that I have a credit with him for $1200.00.

After numerous attempts to get the money out of him I decided to make another coin with the remaining money in his posession. The process started in Jan 2008 and the 2nd coin was done on Oct 2009. Cost was $1325 less the credit. After the sales we agreed on a $1000.00 refund.

I have heen trying to get the money out of Matt but with no success.

Today I received this message:

"I havent stolen any money from you I made your coins and sold some, Most of them you received the rest were stolen from Jim Collins. If you want to contact him to get your money. He stole $10000 in inventory that he was supposed to sell off. Since then he will not contact me. I have been honest with you this whole time. Since I have had to take a loss on the coins and have nothing to show for it. I therefor have to pass the loss onto you. Sorry."

Now I see on his facebook that he is working for Geocaching in Seattle.

I live in South Africa 12000 miles from Matt Schapiro who resides in Golden Valley, Arizona. This is not an excuse for him not to pay me the money his owes me.

Please advise me on what can I do to received the funds?

Edited by The Huskies

I don't know what you could to do to get your funds back but this is a start.

If Matt is now working for Groundspeak they should also know about this, though they are not responsible for his actions, and perhaps seek to de-list him as a "Trusted Vendor". Stealing from you because he was allegedly robbed is no excuse for being a thief himself.

Additionally use the search function to seek previous malfeasance reported here on the forums about Matt and SoCalGeocoins back when he was living in Long Beach, CA.... I vaguely remember it was about the time your Huskies coin came out, maybe a little earlier. Good luck.

Sad to say but they both have taken a lot of people for a lot of money. Unfortunately I don't think you will ever see that money. Both SoCalGeocoins and Jim Collins are well known here for not coming through with orders --taking money and running. With their reputations I don't believe that either would be working for Groundspeak and most likely list geocaching on facebook rather than their real occupation.

You might want to ask the mods to move this to: COIN BUYER AND VENDOR RECEIPT/FEEDBACK THREAD

... or post your details there as well. That thread is pinned and stays at the top of forum topics. Posting it in a separate thread (like this) will quickly move down the list and soon become an obscure, unread thread.

If you want people to know ... keep it in sight.

Wow, that's some serious business. He owes you money and is passing his losses on to you. You gotta be kidding me! So sorry for you. Sounds like a matter for small claims court, but he knows you won't be able to pursue it from another continent. I've seen the Jim Collins name before on a Facebook geocoin group. I'll be sure and steer clear of these two.

Can somebody help me with an DISHONEST COIN DEALER.

I had my 1st coin made by SoCalGeocoins Matt Schapiro in 2005/6 without a problem. I received some of the coins and he sold the rest. On 15 Dec 2007 he wrote me an mail to state that I have a credit with him for $1200.00.

After numerous attempts to get the money out of him I decided to make another coin with the remaining money in his posession. The process started in Jan 2008 and the 2nd coin was done on Oct 2009. Cost was $1325 less the credit. After the sales we agreed on a $1000.00 refund.

I have heen trying to get the money out of Matt but with no success.

Today I received this message:

"I havent stolen any money from you I made your coins and sold some, Most of them you received the rest were stolen from Jim Collins. If you want to contact him to get your money. He stole $10000 in inventory that he was supposed to sell off. Since then he will not contact me. I have been honest with you this whole time. Since I have had to take a loss on the coins and have nothing to show for it. I therefor have to pass the loss onto you. Sorry."

Now I see on his facebook that he is working for Geocaching in Seattle.

I live in South Africa 12000 miles from Matt Schapiro who resides in Golden Valley, Arizona. This is not an excuse for him not to pay me the money his owes me.

Please advise me on what can I do to received the funds?

I have had the mis-fortune of dealing with both of these individuals in the past and know how you feel! I lost about $50 to the scum bags a few years ago! Hope you can get some resolution!

Edited by Space*Cadet

GeoCoin and Pin Club

Coins not received yet for April or June and none yet for July.

No communication since mid June.

I think the Steampunk Dog for April will be awesome and I understand production problems.

I do NOT understand lack of communication.

received at 11 MDT this morning

Yes I am still involved with Geoswag and Oakcoins. I am getting the Steampunk Dog and Pin and June coin of the Month and Pin out today. The bonus coin has been delayed due to the mint not doing things as they should. You will still get the bonus coin when they are done. I will also be including a free tag to all members.

Thanks

Hans