COIN BUYER AND VENDOR RECEIPT/FEEDBACK THREAD

Eartha

I am generally considered a patient nice guy, ask anyone...

I have been more than patient about this AEToys Dragonfly coin.

I have tried to give support when all others have given up.

But I am concerned how the new AEToys management will work out. If they don't address this issue there wont be any sales from the geocaching community. I would assume Groundspeak would be reluctant to allow them to further take advantage of it's users and continue to give geocoin enthusiast the run around. Stealing from the Caching community isn't a good business practice.

Geowoodstock is just around the corner, I hope to attend (had plans but time has eroded them - still hopeful).

It would be just awful if the reputation of AEToys wasn't cleared by then. I fear it would be the doom of the name AEToys for sure. Probably with as many geocoin enthusiast involved I imagine any and all caching names involved with AEToys (even friends that sell coins) will be soured as well. Word gets around very quickly at such a mega event (well over 800 attending). They could be in for some heavy duty bashing. IMHO.

Their support is dwindling fast. I know that my Email hasn't been answered, there appears to be no activity toward salvaging AEToys by this new management. I will find it impossible to support it.

I hate to be wrong especially about fellow geocachers.

It is truly a sad day for me, this is the first really negative situation in geocaching where fellow geocachers are concerned. But one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch right.

You have been very patient, and very kind. But I do think that these people have hit a rough patch and spent the money on their personal needs.

I have always been opposed to this. To me it is stealing. Some of these vendors have eventually come up with the coins. But could you trust that vendor again? I wouldn't. This type of behavior shows their true character. When the going gets tough, instead of doing the right thing, they are content to take other people's hard earned money. I've also noticed that several of these rouge vendors started out blaming "mint problems" for the delay. Then they stop communicating. If someone complains about it, they call it a personal vendetta. If more than one person complains,. it is a lynch mob.

It is time to stop rewarding this type of behavior. By continuing to support this type of behavior, it makes the rest of the community sitting ducks for the next guy.

I doubt you will ever see the coins you ordered. You might get a refund someday. I wish you the best of luck, because nobody deserves this type of treatment!

Cpt. FrenchFry - paid for coin on 5/26/08 - never have received any thing other than the following email on 12-10-08 -

"Karen, I want to start by saying I am deeply sorry for all the issues we have had in the past six months. Like so many people and companies this year we have been faced with some really hard times. The biggest mistake I made is the lack of communication. I am deeply sorry for this and wish I could go back and change this. I did not communicate due to the nature of some really mean emails and phone calls threatening myself and my family; I just did not know how to answer them and was hoping that I could solve the problems before much more time past. We have watched our company and our personal finance spin out of control to the point of almost loosing everything. Faced with no job and no income from the store we hit bottom. I am committed to make things right and will have our company and our personal situation back on track soon. I know that it may be too late to save the company but even if we are forced to close I will make things right with you. Thank you for the trust you gave us with your order, I am deeply sorry for betraying this trust; I hope you can see it in your heart to forgive us. I have a record of all refund requests and will honor them, as soon as we are able. I promise we will deliver on all the orders we have pending. If anyone wants to take store credit for these outstanding orders please do so just make a note of the pending order number you would like credit for and I will ship the new orders in place of the orders pending. The problems we have had have nothing to do with Goundspeak or any other vendors and I hope you do not hold these issues against them. Thank you for any understanding you give us in this matter. Sincerely, Mark Alan and Elli's"

I still have seen no coin or no refund or anything else.

I have checked their webpage again today and this is the new message you see

"This site is for sale. More information soon."

I hope people are retrieving their activation codes.

Well I hate to add a new vendor to the list but here goes.

" Jan 16 2009, 02:23 PM Post #1

We are happy to annouce that the three new Quilt Trail Geocoins are up for standard pre-sale.

These will be ordered just before the mint break and are expected for delivery the second week of Feb."

Name of coin: Quilt Trail Coins (3 different designs)

Masters Farm Quilt Trail

Chery Hill Farm Quilt Trail

Nolichuckey Bend Quilt Trail

Name of Vendor: T'n'T Geocoins

Date Paid: 01/16/2009

Shipment Due Date: Mid February, moved to mid March

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand

2) Millieballon

Masters Farm, Chery Hill Farm, and Nolichuckey Bend

Announced in forums Jan 16 2009

Shipment Due Date: Mid February, moved to mid March, then May

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009 * Refund requested 06/02/09

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009

Ordered by:

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009

4) Sunrayers pd 01/17/2009 *Refund requested 6/06/2009

Ordered by:

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009 *Refund to be processed 6/8 per e-mail response

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009 * Refund requested 06/02/09, 2nd refund requested 6/8- no e mail response to first request.

2) Millieballon

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009 * Refund requested 06/02/09, 2nd refund requested 6/8- no e mail response to first request.

2) Millieballon

4) Sunrayers pd 01/17/2009 *Refund requested 6/06/2009- 6/13/09- NO response to request for refund

Ordered by:

2) Millieballon

4) Sunrayers pd 01/17/2009 *Refund requested 6/06/2009- 6/13/09- NO response to request for refund

5) Vanelle (paid when ordered them)

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009 * Refund requested 06/02/09, 2nd refund requested 6/8- no e mail response to first request. 6/13/09 still no response and no refund.

2) Millieballon

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009 * Refund requested 06/02/09, 2nd refund requested 6/8- no e mail response to first request. 6/13/09 still no response and no refund.

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009 *Refund to be processed 6/8 per e-mail response, no refund & no communication as of 13 June

Edited by Toojin

Ordered by:

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009 *Refund to be processed 6/8 per e-mail response, no refund & no communication as of 13 June

6) CLAMM pd 1/15 & 1/17 *Refund requested 6/16/2009

Ordered by:

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009 Woo-Hoo Refund Received 20 June 2009 :)

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009 * Refund requested 06/02/09, 2nd refund requested 6/8- no e mail response to first request. 6/13/09 still no response and no refund. Response from TnT on 6/23/09 for refund.

2) Millieballon

3) Toojin pd 01/15/2009 Woo-Hoo Refund Received 20 June 2009 smile.gif

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand pd 01/16/2009 * Refund requested 06/02/09, 2nd refund requested 6/8- no e mail response to first request. 6/13/09 still no response and no refund. Response from TnT on 6/23/09 for refund.

2) Millieballon

7) Car54 pd in Jan, haven't requested refund yet, probably oughta Sigh....

Ordered by:

2) Millieballon

Question to all....

Has anyone besides Toojin received a refund? Anyone?

Edited by cache_in_hand

Name of coin: 2008 Pirate Treasure Coin

Name of Vendor: AEToys

Date Paid: 8/13/08

Shipment Due Date: Unknown

2) Nashuan pd $119.30 on 5/30 for Pirate Treasure coins - not recieved (Also pd $161.25 on 5/27 for 2008 Dragonfly coin sets - not received)

Added on July 25, 2009:

I would like to note that an hour ago I received a money order from AEToys on the Dragonfly coins and received the Pirate Treasure coins a month or two ago, so it looks like we're square. I've said it before on this forum and will reiterate it now that what happened with this company is a real tragedy. None of us know the particulars of their situation, but up until these folks seemed to disappear, I thought they were top notch venders. I liked thier designs and their customer service and it's still a mystery to me how things turned the way they did.

20. Sunrayers: Order #5008 date 5/27/08 2 sets of Dragonfly coins $107.70 + Order# 4952 date 5/24/08 Pirate coins $60.57

I also received a Personal Money Order from AEToys on 7/25/2009 along with a little note expressing their intention to get these coins minted and/or refunds sent to all owed. They also expressed their regrets that I felt I had to file a Police Report on them (wish I had thought of that) My response is that IF you had communicated with me, as well as your other Customers, I would not have felt it necessary to take actions such as filing a complaint with the BBB and Consumers Advocate. I requested updates numerous times and was completely ignored which left me NO other option.

Going forward, if you should ever feel the desire to mint more coins, I would suggest that one of your TOP Priorities should be maintaining communication with you Customers. (not that I'll be one)

I hope you fulfill your promise of taking care of everyone else you are indebted to.

Thank you for the belated refund and Good Luck with your future endeavors!

Edited by Sunrayers

Ordered by:

2) Millieballon

Question to all....

Has anyone besides Toojin received a refund? Anyone?

I received an email from TnT 1 month ago promising my refund would be in the next batch to go out. NOTHING YET :P

How is anyone still getting a refund from AEToys? I finally dug up my records and would like to contact them...

May 27 2008, $68.50 order number 5037

I dug up my order today, too and would like to know how to get a hold of them.

May 29, 2008, $32.51 order number 5071

Name of coin: 7 coins in total - all Quilt Coins: Nolichuckey Bend, Chery Hill Farm, Masters Farm, Bailey Farm, Woodgifts Farm, Appalachian Fair, Allandale.

Name of Vendor: TNT Geocons

Date Ordered: 01/16/2009

Shipment Due Date: originally Feb 09, then March

Ordered by: J 'N' K - "Not yet received"

Last email received 03/14/2009 entitled "DELAYS AND CATCHING UP" said " To those who have ordered the new quilts, I have them back going and should be

here soon. Again, sorry for delays I am several weeks behind on things."

I have sent several emails since then, but have had no reply.

I have receiced coins from them before with no hassles. I have a phone no. for them, but live in New Zealand and don't really want to add to my loss at this stage ($81.44). Anyone living in Tennessee keen to ring on my behalf?

September 3rd update.

Still no response from TnT via email. I have left a message on the phone number I have for them but have not received a call back. If I do J'N'K, I will add your name to the list of people wanting refunds.

I'm wondering why Groundspeak still has TnT on the approved vendor list when it is obvious that they have taken money for coins that are 7+ months over due, that are not being minted and ignoring emails from fellow forum users for refunds.

How is anyone still getting a refund from AEToys? I finally dug up my records and would like to contact them...

Me, three. I have ALL of the original emails of orders and subsequent email exchanges requesting a refund, but still nothing. Order #4975, $___.__ (it's too sad to post, but let's just say I ordered extras as traders...)

I know some people are satisfied with their refunds, but if any of you have information regarding this vendor please consider contact any of us off-list. I have moved twice since my order with them, and I don't want to miss out on the refund because they can't find me. I know they are looking and trying to make this right.

Me, three. I have ALL of the original emails of orders and subsequent email exchanges requesting a refund, but still nothing. Order #4975, $___.__ (it's too sad to post, but let's just say I ordered extras as traders...)

I know some people are satisfied with their refunds, but if any of you have information regarding this vendor please consider contact any of us off-list. I have moved twice since my order with them, and I don't want to miss out on the refund because they can't find me. I know they are looking and trying to make this right.

I haven't moved (yes I did report to Paypal, VISA, BBB etc. as they really left no other option) I've made to many request to even keep track of. I know they are still active Geocachers. Still nothing... Not even a reply.

BTW My patients with these people made it impossible for PayPal or Visa to refund - in the future the vendor had best deliver before the time gets to close or I will take action so I'm not to late.

I will think twice before ordering from them, or anyone associated even remotely (sorry).

I wont defend any other vendor ever again either... You make your bed you sleep in it!

Obviously I Still have very bad taste in my mouth over this issue because it cost us a couple Geocaching Friends who don't know of all that went on. The main reason for the purchase was a gift for holding the first ever Meet & Greet in our area - which I never delivered and made us look like our word was worthless... So it's not just about the coin. I did order Cachez Dragonfly but at this point those folks don't reply to our emails... (Hold your comments on this aspect no need to say it).

Order#5168 paid for 2 Dragonfly coins 6/11/08 with paypal - Still waiting - so if you have a method of contacting them please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Flatouts

Does AEToys sale on e-bay under a different name? Just wondering.

Yea its Sara art vision or something similar along those lines. I cant remember the name for sure but its something close to that.

Found it; sarahsartvision

I'm not sure how the connection is made here but this account hasn't sold anything nor has anything for sale but has built a good reputation of purchases... Wonder how that's possible especially if you see the dates of the comments...

I'm wondering if this is the correct person... If it is then it raises some more questions IMHO.

(Even if it was the purchasing account for the other items AE Toys offered)

From Nov-25-04 04:18 to Aug-17-09 13:45 Quick payment and a smooth transaction. A+ buyer, thanks!

Hum, makes me wonder...

Oops my bad there are sales involved upon further checking - guess what Geocoins so perhaps this is the right contact... Wonder if PayPal knows that AE Toys is still selling under a different account name?

They will soon...

Edited by Flatouts
Well I hate to add a new vendor to the list but here goes.

" Jan 16 2009, 02:23 PM Post #1

We are happy to annouce that the three new Quilt Trail Geocoins are up for standard pre-sale.

These will be ordered just before the mint break and are expected for delivery the second week of Feb."

Masters Farm Quilt Trail

Chery Hill Farm Quilt Trail

Nolichuckey Bend Quilt Trail

Date Paid: 01/16/2009

Shipment Due Date: Mid February, moved to mid March

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand

2) Millieballon

3.) sweetlife- ordered all three and never got them still, asked for refunds on a few occasions, never get a reply. Ordered:

HomeUser accountMy accountOrder history

Order 418

Payment:

Method: PayPalProducts: QtyProductModelPriceTotal1xMasters Farm Quilt Trail Geocoin

• Coin Version: Antique Gold XLE 40 made

TNTQTDTAG$11.00$11.001xNolichuckey Bend Quilt Trail

TNTQTDPAG$11.00$11.001xChery Hill Farm Quilt Trail Geocoin

TNTQTBEARAG$11.00$11.00Subtotal:$33.00U.S.P.S. First-Class Parcel:$2.53Total:$35.53Order comments: DateStatusMessage01/15/2009-Order created.01/17/2009Processing-It is a shame that TnT Has not followed thru with everyone orders and people still have not received that helped them and been there for them thru the whole illness with Tank. We will never purchase anything from them again. It is bad as Val loves to quilt and these coins meant alot to her. She is pretty sadden over this matter.

AEToys: Non payment and refund:

sweetlife-Pd $55.05 ($49.75 for one set and $5.30 S&H) on 5/27/08

Another coin site up and took everyones money and no coins and have no idea how to contact them, the site no longer exists. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Which geocoin? Have you checked the coin's original thread for posted information?

Which Vendor sold " Are You Cache Rich, Poverty Sux" Geocoin.

I need to get an activation code

Thanx

Opalsns

Please do not use this thread for anything except reporting that you have not received your order in due time. This is not for discussing late orders, activation codes or anything BUT reporting overdue orders. Please refer to the first post for instructions.

Another coin site up and took everyones money and no coins and have no idea how to contact them, the site no longer exists. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Which geocoin? Have you checked the coin's original thread for posted information?

The dragonfly geocoin set

Name of coin: Pirates of the Geocache - "Girl"

Pirates of the Geocache - AS

Pirates of the Geocache - AC

Name of Vendor: coinswag.com

Date Ordered: August 23, 2009

Ordered by: 1. rockymtn8iv "Not yet received"

Payment made: August 23, 2009 - Paid in Full

Edited by rockymtn8iv

Pirates of the Geocache - AS

Pirates of the Geocache - AC

Name of Vendor: coinswag.com

Date Ordered: August 23, 2009

Ordered by: 1. rockymtn8iv "Not yet received"

Payment made: August 23, 2009 - Paid in Full

You are still within the date range to file a paypal dispute. I'm assuming that you have contacted the vendor first?

Sorry, I am wrong about that, it is 45 days, and you are over that.

Edited by MustangJoni

You are still within the date range to file a paypal dispute. I'm assuming that you have contacted the vendor first?

I e-mailed coinswag on the 25th of Oct. (Tuesday) and again today. No response.

Sorry, I am wrong about that, it is 45 days, and you are over that.

Yes that make it a definite bummer. On the plus side paypal may open it up again if multiple complaints are filed within 180 days, from what I understand, and apparently I am not the only customer having problems.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=231934

Name of coin: Glass Traveler - Personalized

Name of Vendor: CoinSwag.com

Date Ordered: 6/11/09

Shipment Due Date: August ? Unknown now.

Ordered by: 1.April Myers Not yet received

Vendor reply: No replys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name of coin: Pirates of the Geocache AC

~~~~~~

Name of coin: Pirates of the Geocache AS

~~~~~~

Name of Vendor: CoinSwap.com

Date Ordered: 8-23-09

Shipment Due Date: 9-30-09

~~~~~~

I emailed CoinSwag some time back (don' remember exactly when), and NEVER received any reply whatsoever. Shortly after I sent my email, I noticed their presale page disappeared (hence not knowing when these coins were supposed to be due), and a message was posted to the main page: "ALL PENDING ORDERS FOR Groundspeak COINS, GLASS TRAVELERS WILL BE SHIPPING SOON, GIRL PIRATES ARE NEARLY DONE AND SHOULD BE SHIPPING WITHIN TWO WEEKS." There's no way to know when this message was added to the page, and thus no way to know when their supposed two weeks will be up. I KNOW this message was not there on/around 9-30 when the Girl Pirates were originally due.

Edited by Howlingmoon

The dragonfly geocoin set

The last thing anyone knew about this geocoin was in this thread. I'm afraid it is not good news. Maybe you can find some advice in there from others who were in the same boat. A&Etoys never finished fulfilling the orders, went out of business, closed the doors, and ran away, and yes, with other people's money. Very sad.

coins: Cherry Hill Farm Wuilt Trail coin; Nolichucky Bend Quilt Trail coin; Master's Farm Quilt Trail coin (all XLE coins)

vendor: TnT Geocoins (Tennessee ?)

date ordered: 2/27/09

shipping due date: I have no idea

I have tried to contact TnT - several emails over several months

Does anyone know how to contact Tank or Tracy?

I understand that Tank had some medical issues from another thread....

...I guess I was expecting to be contacted by now :)

Edited by Pastor_B

Name of coin: Glass Traveler - Personalized

~~~~~~~~~~~~

-------------------------------------

I recieved my glass travelers - one is in circulation and one for "discovery"

hope yours comes soon...along with the rest of your coins

wow...I didn't realize that so many people were having troubles with vendors...

:D

:)

Edited by Pastor_B

Name of coin: 7 coins in total - all Quilt Coins: Nolichuckey Bend, Chery Hill Farm, Masters Farm, Bailey Farm, Woodgifts Farm, Appalachian Fair, Allandale.

Name of Vendor: TNT Geocons

Date Ordered: 01/16/2009

Shipment Due Date: originally Feb 09, then March

Ordered by: J 'N' K - "Not yet received"

Last email received 03/14/2009 entitled "DELAYS AND CATCHING UP" said " To those who have ordered the new quilts, I have them back going and should be

here soon. Again, sorry for delays I am several weeks behind on things."

I have sent several emails since then, but have had no reply.

I have receiced coins from them before with no hassles. I have a phone no. for them, but live in New Zealand and don't really want to add to my loss at this stage ($81.44). Anyone living in Tennessee keen to ring on my behalf?

I WILL CALL...WHAT IS THEIR NUMBER?