COIN BUYER AND VENDOR RECEIPT/FEEDBACK THREAD

Eartha

Hopefully this thread still gets attention.. this is my first post to the forum.. sorry its under these conditions.

Name of coin: <actually a travel bug, which should be easier since its pre-made>

Name of Vendor: Oakcoins

Order #: On my other computer

Shipment Due Date: "Shipped" on Jan 2nd, USPS confirmed it was never received. Now Feb 5th. Still no bug.

Seller never returned calls or vm until i filed a paypal dispute, then gave me a seemingly bogus tracking number that the USPS confirms never shipped. Weak sauce man.. thankfully it was only $7, but I still plan on collecting it. This was my wife's first travelbug for her first cache and has been a completely horrible experience thanks to Oakcoins.

Oakcoins are definitely not recommended by me. Even if it was an honest mistake (which I have yet to believe it is).. horrible customer service.

Hopefully this thread still gets attention.. this is my first post to the forum.. sorry its under these conditions.

Name of coin: <actually a travel bug, which should be easier since its pre-made>

Shipment Due Date: "Shipped" on Jan 2nd, USPS confirmed it was never received. Now Feb 5th. Still no bug.

Seller never returned calls or vm until i filed a paypal dispute, then gave me a seemingly bogus tracking number that the USPS confirms never shipped. Weak sauce man.. thankfully it was only $7, but I still plan on collecting it. This was my wife's first travelbug for her first cache and has been a completely horrible experience thanks to Oakcoins.

Oakcoins are definitely not recommended by me. Even if it was an honest mistake (which I have yet to believe it is).. horrible customer service.

OakCoins are a great group, I can't imagine they'd do anything underhanded or misleading, unless by accident! How long was the wait before you reported them to paypal (between emailing them and reporting them)?? Could it be they were out of town or something?

Mistakes are made, maybe you should try working this through with OakCoins before going to this extreme? This isn't a coin issue, it's an issue of maybe a lost mailer or miscommunication! As you said, the TB tag isn't made by these people, they are merely shipping it!

OakCoins are a great group, I can't imagine they'd do anything underhanded or misleading, unless by accident! How long was the wait before you reported them to paypal (between emailing them and reporting them)?? Could it be they were out of town or something?

Mistakes are made, maybe you should try working this through with OakCoins before going to this extreme? This isn't a coin issue, it's an issue of maybe a lost mailer or miscommunication! As you said, the TB tag isn't made by these people, they are merely shipping it!

I have had nothing but luck with Oakcoins and i am glad to see there is a company like them out there.

This is not like them to have issues.

I am sure this is a rare case and somehow got overlooked or something.

They always ship with conformation as far as i know and they are the most honest company i know of out there.

I am sure what ever the issue is with them will be resolved fast.

I do agree mistakes happen but it is very rare with them.

UPDATE: We have a replacement in the mail for the one that we sent that was lost by USPS.

Tracking #: 9101010521297576903257

We post our phone number and support address at the top of our page: http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/

We did call you and left a voicemail at the number you left. We also sent an email back to you. When we saw the dispute in Paypal we responded quickly and provided the tracking information given to us from the USPS.

In the end, we ALWAYS ask the customer to wait 30 days from shipment and to contact us again if they didnt get it.

As for the tracking number, here is what we sent and provided in Paypal: USPS Website

We are sending you a new travelbug today which you should get soon.

Two points: 1- As of yet, we havent forced people to pay for 'insurance' to take care of problems 2 - We are one of the few companies that actually posts our phone number to contact us.

Sorry for the problems.

Oakcoins/Geoswag.com

Edited by oakcoins

UPDATE: We have a replacement in the mail for the one that we sent that was lost by USPS.

Tracking #: 9101010521297576903257

We post our phone number and support address at the top of our page: http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/

We did call you and left a voicemail at the number you left. We also sent an email back to you. When we saw the dispute in Paypal we responded quickly and provided the tracking information given to us from the USPS.

In the end, we ALWAYS ask the customer to wait 30 days from shipment and to contact us again if they didnt get it.

As for the tracking number, here is what we sent and provided in Paypal: USPS Website

We are sending you a new travelbug today which you should get soon.

Two points: 1- As of yet, we havent forced people to pay for 'insurance' to take care of problems 2 - We are one of the few companies that actually posts our phone number to contact us.

Sorry for the problems.

Oakcoins/Geoswag.com

Just wanted to follow up and say that I did receive the second shipment, and have closed the paypal dispute.

I don't want to get into a flame war with you guys, as I do now believe this to be just bad luck all around, but I live and die by my phone and email (IT (email) and part time stock trader (phone)) and I can assure you I was given no emails or phone calls before I filed my dispute with paypal.

In any event, it's all sorted out now.

Cheers,

Are we suppose to come in and read this thread to see if there are any issues. I assume people will post in the thread that I sold the coins in. I get notified of those post and see them when they come to the top. How am I suppose to search this thread and find issues that people might have posted?

Simple - subscribe to this thread if you consider it necessary.

Name of coin: 2008 Dragonfly

Name of Vendor: AEToys

Date Paid: 5/27/08

Shipment Due Date: Who the heck knows[/color][/size]

Ordered by:

1. yalehockeymom, not received, pd 5-27-08

2. AtlantaGal, not received, pd 5-27-08

3. kehunt64 , not received pd. 8-13-2008

4. Vanelle, not received

5. rivercity, not received, pd 3-2-08

6. fairyhoney, not received, pd 3-2-08

7. GeoKs, not received, pd 5/27/08

8. LionsLair, not recieved, paid 5/26/08

9. RSFish1, not received, Paid 5/27/08

10. pingos, not received, paid 5-27-08

11. Steel City Babes, not received, Paid 8/13/08 and 8/20/08(Don't ask...as you can see I have a problem biggrin.gif )

12. Sweetlife not recieved and paid for 5-27 08

13. Nashuan - Dragonfly 2008 (3) sets not received. Pd $161.25 on 5/27/08 (also pd $119.30 on 5/30/08 for Pirate Treasure coins - not received)

14. Penny and Kona - Dragonly 2008: 1 set and extras of each not received. Paid: too much Paid when: 27 May 2008, and I still have original email receipts and an order number to prove it.

15. gardengorilla, not received paid sometime in April...

16. hitechman, paid June 1, 1 set, have all e-mails and receipts

17. FamiliaSilvestre, paid 5/28/08, 1 set plus S&H $74.25

18. ThePetersTrio paid for 5 coins on 5/26 for a total of $55.05 and coins were never received.

19. Whitby, not received, paid 6-4-08 $78,80

20. Sunrayers: Order #5008 date 5/27/08 2 sets of Dragonfly coins $107.70 + Order# 4952 date 5/24/08 Pirate coins $60.57

21. Pabloturtle, not received, paid 5/27/2008

22. mickebush77 not received paid 8/15/2008(and for one pirate treasure not received)

23. Geo-Gophers, paid 5/27/08, Paid $34.11 via Paypal (for one "Dragonfly 2008 Blue Wing" & two "Dragonfly 2008 Green Wing" plus $4.26 shipping/handling.)

24. Cache_in_hand, paid 8/13/08, not received *Also from this vendor 2 Pirates Treasure Coins, same date

25. hollora, 1 set = $55.05, not received, paid 5/27/2008

26. IthacaDoodle, not received, paid $22.45 for 2 coins on 8/19/2008

27. Band of Bradys - Paid 11.99 on 5/27/08 with Paypal - one Dragonfly coin - never received

28. Ratandjmt - Pd $55.05 ($49.75 for one set and $5.30 S&H) on 5/27/08

29. SecretChief - Paid may 28th (2 sets) - not received

30. Flatouts - Order#5168 paid for 2 Dragonfly coins 6/11/08 with paypal

31. DrJeepStr - Order #5018 Paid $55.05 via PayPal on 5/27/08. Never rec'd Dragonfly Geocoins. Complaints filed with PayPal (too late?) and local BBB. Numerous emails to vendor - NO Response.

i did order one of this coin and i pay for it.....

i only don`t know when anymore :P

but i know i did because i got mail today :)

jhuuuuuhhhh i was happy but when i open it there was a FREE CACHIN FREESTYLE geocoin in it :D

never see that coin before :)

i look on there webside and there is standing that the dragon will be shipped soon and on my order it stands to.............

i think we have to wait, hope and pray that the dragon will fly soon to all of us...........

Ordered by:

4. Vanelle, not received

11. Steel City Babes, not received, Paid 8/13/08 and 8/20/08(Don't ask...as you can see I have a problem biggrin.gif )

13. Nashuan - Dragonfly 2008 (3) sets not received. Pd $161.25 on 5/27/08 (also pd $119.30 on 5/30/08 for Pirate Treasure coins - not received)

14. Penny and Kona - Dragonly 2008: 1 set and extras of each not received. Paid: too much Paid when: 27 May 2008, and I still have original email receipts and an order number to prove it.

18. ThePetersTrio paid for 5 coins on 5/26 for a total of $55.05 and coins were never received.

20. Sunrayers: Order #5008 date 5/27/08 2 sets of Dragonfly coins $107.70 + Order# 4952 date 5/24/08 Pirate coins $60.57

22. mickebush77 not received paid 8/15/2008(and for one pirate treasure not received)

23. Geo-Gophers, paid 5/27/08, Paid $34.11 via Paypal (for one "Dragonfly 2008 Blue Wing" & two "Dragonfly 2008 Green Wing" plus $4.26 shipping/handling.)

24. Cache_in_hand, paid 8/13/08, not received *Also from this vendor 2 Pirates Treasure Coins, same date

27. Band of Bradys - Paid 11.99 on 5/27/08 with Paypal - one Dragonfly coin - never received

31. DrJeepStr - Order #5018 Paid $55.05 via PayPal on 5/27/08. Never rec'd Dragonfly Geocoins. Complaints filed with PayPal (too late?) and local BBB. Numerous emails to vendor - NO Response.

i only don`t know when anymore :)

but i know i did because i got mail today :D

jhuuuuuhhhh i was happy but when i open it there was a FREE CACHIN FREESTYLE geocoin in it :D

i look on there webside and there is standing that the dragon will be shipped soon and on my order it stands to.............

i think we have to wait, hope and pray that the dragon will fly soon to all of us...........

Today I received some coins and there was also a Free cachin freestyle geocoin in it!! :P

I give AETOYS another chance! :)

Thanks MarK

Ordered by:

4. Vanelle, not received

i only don`t know when anymore ;)

jhuuuuuhhhh i was happy but when i open it there was a FREE CACHIN FREESTYLE geocoin in it ;)

never see that coin before :laughing:

Today I received some coins and there was also a Free cachin freestyle geocoin in it!! ;)

Thanks MarK

I STILL have NOT recieved mine :P

Update,

I received my Pirate geocoins today, along with the caching items I had ordered.

Included also was a free extra geocoin.

This appears to be a vendor trying to make good the fact that he was let down by the minting process.

The copper pirate coin that had tracking errors was substituted with a silver one.

I am happy with the result,.

One of the caching items has extras included also.

Are we suppose to come in and read this thread to see if there are any issues. I assume people will post in the thread that I sold the coins in. I get notified of those post and see them when they come to the top. How am I suppose to search this thread and find issues that people might have posted?

Gee - I hope this is NOT the first place people come to so as to complain.

I have had about 3 issues with non receipt over the few years of spending far too much money on geocoins.

Step One: Contact the vendor

Step Two: Be pleasant

Step Three: Acknowledge the replacement that I have received.

I have found that retaining all sales receipt /paypal email receipts, having correct dates and being polite gets a result.

Surely, a vendor should not have to come to this forum to discover a problem.

Surely, the complainant has already contacted the vendor through the correct channels.

If no reply is received, contact them again.

Email problems do occur.

Spam filters will not deliver your email if they contain certain words.

Try the vendor FIRST.

Edit to add....

The Sales contract is with the vendor and payer,

not the full community.

So I acknowledge that vendors have no obligation to check problems here.

It's good to see some taking an active interest.

But let's remember that airing problems, small or large makes some vendors less likely to be so helpful.

I see several bending over backwards to give good service.

Edited by Butterfly_lady

Ordered by:

4. Vanelle, not received

i only don`t know when anymore :rolleyes:

jhuuuuuhhhh i was happy but when i open it there was a FREE CACHIN FREESTYLE geocoin in it B)

never see that coin before ;)

Today I received some coins and there was also a Free cachin freestyle geocoin in it!! :)

Thanks MarK

I STILL have NOT recieved mine :unsure:

I received some coin with a extra :D

But let's remember that airing problems, small or large makes some vendors less likely to be so helpful.

I see several bending over backwards to give good service.

Amen

Airing problems here, where the coins are promoted, should not ever dictate service. I would hope people contact the seller and give them an ample amount of time to respond, but after that the vendor has a responsibility. They are a business and took someone's money for a product. Not only that, other buyers are entitledd to updates regardless of what another person might post. You can not penalize the masses due to the few willing to speak up.

I am tired of seeing the "You hurt my feelings so I am no longer going to say anything here" unless of course it is to pat myself on the back and pretend that I am so great for delivering something almost a year late. If Ford, Garmin, Magellan, or GM were less likely to be helpful because someone said something bad about them, then they would have never gotten off the ground.

Some people need to get a reality check in order and stop trying to be so PC all the time. If you are a crummy seller, people are entitled to know it and this is the place for that. It does not relieve you of your duties as that seller. The big companies here have taken shots over the years and have people who won't buy from them for personal reasons. Oakcoins, The Geocoin Store, and Coins and Pins are probably the biggest three. They have had their share of assaults, criticism, and bad press. But guess why they are still here doing business. Because they know they have an obligation to still respond to the masses that are buying from them regardless of what is aired here.

The bottom line is if you choose to be a business and sell things here, then grow up and leave your feelings at home. You can't have it both ways.

Don't misunderstand Jim -

I have taken the punches - and in the end - I delivered. Not even close to a year, but 113 days after the due date (but who's counting).

I appreciate the fact that you can't stand me, and trust me when I say the feeling is quite mutual. But you have no business airing anything to me when you aren't the least bit interested in my stuff. You have not once ever purchased a coin from me, therefore, I feel absolutely NO responsibility to you. The bottom line is: I delivered. Game over.

~J

As a vendor you don't get it. Anything customers air about a business action isn't personal and you need to stop taking it as such. Whetehr the people like each other or not doesn't matter. You are a business and need to act like one. Consumers have the right to complain and this is the perfect format for doing so. Since you are choosing to play the victim here I will use you as the example, although there are many others.

You have choosen to hide behind your web site and not use the one you used to promote your coins because you got your feelings hurt. You did a horrible disservice to all the customers. You don't know how many total customers since alot of use place orders together under one name, and others place an order for 2 coins, 1 of which is already committed to a trade. Unless you have gone through my collection personally, or I have told you what coins I have, you hvae no way of stating anything about whether or not I have your coins. I don't feel it's my place to have to tell you either. You also don't realize that your actions on this stage show your lack of integrity to future customers as well.

I can't believe how many times I have seen something similar to I delivered game over, from you. Are you really that naive to think that is the only thing that matters? Do you really think after all the drama your actions caused, the lack of communication, the disrespect to the customers, and everything else, the only thing that matters is that as some point they got their coins? If I sent my car to a garage to get workd on and they had it for as long as your delay was and refused to answer anything about my car for months, then delivered at some point, do you think I would go back to them? Do you think they should be parading around here like a proud papa rooster telling everyone "I delivered and that's all that matters"?

The bottom line is I don't know you and have not made this personal. This isn't between you and me. This is about a community being screwed over by a company, and that's what I have addressed each and every time. You have choosen to make it personal because you fail to seperate the business and personal sides of your company. That is your issue and not mine. You might want to work on that in the future.

Name of coin: Berkshire Search And Rescue

Date Ordered: 1-27-09

Shipment Due Date: ____________________

Ordered by: 1.drneal not received

sent an e-mail requested a shipping number, which was not replied to...tried contacting them through their website...seems their mail forwarding system doesn't work...shocker!

Edited by drneal

I'm going to remind EVERYBODY to stay on topic. This thread was created for ease of updates, not to discuss business practices. There are plenty of threads on that already and those are the appropriate place for those discussions.

Future posts of that nature in this thread are going to be considered off topic and dealt with accordingly. So, please keep the small talk and discussions OUT of this thread.

PGHLooking and GeocoinGuy - It's obvious that the two of you don't see to eye to eye. I suggest that you stop directing messages towards each other. If you want to discuss this, contact me offline - not via this thread.

Back on topic.

sent an e-mail requested a shipping number, which remains unanswered, however they did offer to refund 7.5 GBP...I paid them 18.46 GBP...exchange rate?

sent an e-mail requested a shipping number, which remains unanswered, however they did offer to refund 7.5 GBP...I paid them 18.46 GBP...exchange rate?

update

I receioved an e-mail that the coins are shipped...will update again when(?) the coins are received.

I too ordered this coin on 1-27-09 and have not received it yet. I sent them off an e-mail today. Thanks Dr Neal for bringing this to my attention.

e-mail sent

Please note: A coin ordered at the end of January 09, and not received at the end of February 09, is not yet a serious delay. You should first contact the seller, and if you are not receiving any replies or communication or notices on their website, or any information at all, then use this thread. One month is practically the norm.

Received email from head of organization...received coins today

Ordered by:

4. Vanelle, not received

i only don`t know when anymore :D

but i know i did because i got mail today :blink:

Today I received some coins and there was also a Free cachin freestyle geocoin in it!! :D

I give AETOYS another chance! :D

Thanks MarK

I STILL have NOT received mine :D

I Have written to AETOYS with NO avail. It is TOO late to complain to paypal. I am so frustrated- $50 Plus is a lot of money ! I do NOT know why others are receiving theirs and Not ME :D:D ! ! !

Edited by fairyhoney

I too ordered this coin on 1-27-09 and have not received it yet. I sent them off an e-mail today. Thanks Dr Neal for bringing this to my attention.

I got my coins today! They are beautiful!!!

Ordered by:

4. Vanelle, not received

i only don`t know when anymore :D

jhuuuuuhhhh i was happy but when i open it there was a FREE CACHIN FREESTYLE geocoin in it :ph34r:

Today I received some coins and there was also a Free cachin freestyle geocoin in it!! B)

I give AETOYS another chance! :D

Thanks MarK

I STILL have NOT received mine :D

I Have written to AETOYS with NO avail. It is TOO late to complain to paypal. I am so frustrated- $50 Plus is a lot of money ! I do NOT know why others are receiving theirs and Not ME :D:ph34r: ! ! !

Fairyhoney,

I could be wrong, but I don't think they have gotten the Dragonfly coin, but they got some other coins. One person states, "...i look on there webside and there is standing that the dragon will be shipped soon and on my order it stands to............. ...".

Sounds to me as if the Dragonfly coin has yet to be shipped. If someone has gotten the Dragonfly coin, please correct me.

maldar

I paid for my dragonfly coins when I ordered them last spring.

I wrote several friendly e-mails, and have recieved no respone.

I have posted here as well.

Still no response or coins in the mail.

MALDAR and VANELLE, thanks for the reassurance. You would think that they could come in here and "answer" everyone with just one post. Just may work since they are probably overwhelmed with e-mails. ( Believe me, Mine were friendly, also) As we all know, it isn't a good thing to be ignored :)

Just tried to go to AEToys website and this is what I found:

"We can no longer stay open. Sorry! Thanks to all that have supported us. We have had a hard year and the fun is no longer there. All orders for the Dragonfly will ship or refund ASAP. This domain and all inventory will be Liquidated. Activation codes will be hosted here then moved to Mesamint.com.

Thanks! Mark, Sarah, Alan and Elli.. Team AEToys "

Interesting but I don't think I'll be able to hold my breath that long ( gasp)

AEToys has not sent out Dragonfly geocoins yet - the above are refering to the Pirate coin.

I too received (and I think posted a while back) our Pirate treasure coins plus a Mountain Bike coin for the Delay. Which was very nice.

I learned that when ordering preorder (coins that are not even made yet) not to inclued other items as they will be delayed also. Every site says the same thing on all preorders.

I look at the entire deal as stated in the Preorder Agreement - it will not ship until it comes in and it is correct.

It's not in so it hasn't shipped - there is absolutely nothing I or they can do about it - complaining / whining whatever, isn't going to change that. It might make them tired of dealing with it (ah and so it has). I do hope they can hang in there long enough to see it through and continue Caching (lots of it).

I'm thinking it is something you get into after amassing a large collection and really getting into it - you want to share, you want to bring cool coins to your friends and fellow cachers. Profit can't be much but might be enough to allow creativity. Surely some are in it for the money, thus they grow and become more than a Mom & Pop show. I could be way off but my communications with AEToys over the last couple years lead me to believe it wasn't about the profits. Obviously with the results I'm correct.

This applies to the way I've dealt with this order - I have only contacted them a couple times otherwise just waiting for updates and watching it all play out. Seriously what else can anyone do?

Sorry AEToys that things didn't go better, you've brought some really cool coins our way and we really do appreciate what you were trying to provide.

I just found this forum. I am one of the many people who ordered the Dragonfly 2008 geocoin from aetoys. I never thought to look on the forums about the geocoin. So add me to the list of buyers who didn't receive the coin yet, although foolishly I am still crossing my fingers that I may receive it one day.

Ordered by:

4. Vanelle, not received

32. LuckyAquar Order #4999 Paid 33.84 with paypal on 5/27/08 for dragonfly geocoins. not received

I am generally considered a patient nice guy, ask anyone...

I have been more than patient about this AEToys Dragonfly coin.

I have tried to give support when all others have given up.

But I am concerned how the new AEToys management will work out. If they don't address this issue there wont be any sales from the geocaching community. I would assume Groundspeak would be reluctant to allow them to further take advantage of it's users and continue to give geocoin enthusiast the run around. Stealing from the Caching community isn't a good business practice.

Geowoodstock is just around the corner, I hope to attend (had plans but time has eroded them - still hopeful).

It would be just awful if the reputation of AEToys wasn't cleared by then. I fear it would be the doom of the name AEToys for sure. Probably with as many geocoin enthusiast involved I imagine any and all caching names involved with AEToys (even friends that sell coins) will be soured as well. Word gets around very quickly at such a mega event (well over 800 attending). They could be in for some heavy duty bashing. IMHO.

Their support is dwindling fast. I know that my Email hasn't been answered, there appears to be no activity toward salvaging AEToys by this new management. I will find it impossible to support it.

I hate to be wrong especially about fellow geocachers.

It is truly a sad day for me, this is the first really negative situation in geocaching where fellow geocachers are concerned. But one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch right.

But I am concerned how the new AEToys management will work out. If they don't address this issue there wont be any sales from the geocaching community. I would assume Groundspeak would be reluctant to allow them to further take advantage of it's users and continue to give geocoin enthusiast the run around. Stealing from the Caching community isn't a good business practice.

Geowoodstock is just around the corner, I hope to attend (had plans but time has eroded them - still hopeful).

It would be just awful if the reputation of AEToys wasn't cleared by then. I fear it would be the doom of the name AEToys for sure. Probably with as many geocoin enthusiast involved I imagine any and all caching names involved with AEToys (even friends that sell coins) will be soured as well. Word gets around very quickly at such a mega event (well over 800 attending). They could be in for some heavy duty bashing. IMHO.

Their support is dwindling fast. I know that my Email hasn't been answered, there appears to be no activity toward salvaging AEToys by this new management. I will find it impossible to support it.

It is truly a sad day for me, this is the first really negative situation in geocaching where fellow geocachers are concerned. But one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch right.

You have been very patient, and very kind. But I do think that these people have hit a rough patch and spent the money on their personal needs.

I have always been opposed to this. To me it is stealing. Some of these vendors have eventually come up with the coins. But could you trust that vendor again? I wouldn't. This type of behavior shows their true character. When the going gets tough, instead of doing the right thing, they are content to take other people's hard earned money. I've also noticed that several of these rouge vendors started out blaming "mint problems" for the delay. Then they stop communicating. If someone complains about it, they call it a personal vendetta. If more than one person complains,. it is a lynch mob.

It is time to stop rewarding this type of behavior. By continuing to support this type of behavior, it makes the rest of the community sitting ducks for the next guy.

I doubt you will ever see the coins you ordered. You might get a refund someday. I wish you the best of luck, because nobody deserves this type of treatment!

Well I hate to add a new vendor to the list but here goes.

" Jan 16 2009, 02:23 PM Post #1

We are happy to annouce that the three new Quilt Trail Geocoins are up for standard pre-sale.

These will be ordered just before the mint break and are expected for delivery the second week of Feb."

Name of coin: Quilt Trail Coins (3 different designs)

Masters Farm Quilt Trail

Chery Hill Farm Quilt Trail

Nolichuckey Bend Quilt Trail

Name of Vendor: T'n'T Geocoins

Date Paid: 01/16/2009

Shipment Due Date: Mid February, moved to mid March

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand

Edited by cache_in_hand

Well I hate to add a new vendor to the list but here goes.

" Jan 16 2009, 02:23 PM Post #1

We are happy to annouce that the three new Quilt Trail Geocoins are up for standard pre-sale.

These will be ordered just before the mint break and are expected for delivery the second week of Feb."

Name of coin: Quilt Trail Coins (3 different designs)

Masters Farm Quilt Trail

Chery Hill Farm Quilt Trail

Nolichuckey Bend Quilt Trail

Name of Vendor: T'n'T Geocoins

Date Paid: 01/16/2009

Shipment Due Date: Mid February, moved to mid March

Ordered by:

1) Cache_in_Hand

2) Millieballon

You have been very patient, and very kind. But I do think that these people have hit a rough patch and spent the money on their personal needs.

I have always been opposed to this. To me it is stealing. Some of these vendors have eventually come up with the coins. But could you trust that vendor again? I wouldn't. This type of behavior shows their true character. When the going gets tough, instead of doing the right thing, they are content to take other people's hard earned money. I've also noticed that several of these rouge vendors started out blaming "mint problems" for the delay. Then they stop communicating. If someone complains about it, they call it a personal vendetta. If more than one person complains,. it is a lynch mob.

It is time to stop rewarding this type of behavior. By continuing to support this type of behavior, it makes the rest of the community sitting ducks for the next guy.

I doubt you will ever see the coins you ordered. You might get a refund someday. I wish you the best of luck, because nobody deserves this type of treatment!

Cpt. FrenchFry - paid for coin on 5/26/08 - never have received any thing other than the following email on 12-10-08 -

"Karen, I want to start by saying I am deeply sorry for all the issues we have had in the past six months. Like so many people and companies this year we have been faced with some really hard times. The biggest mistake I made is the lack of communication. I am deeply sorry for this and wish I could go back and change this. I did not communicate due to the nature of some really mean emails and phone calls threatening myself and my family; I just did not know how to answer them and was hoping that I could solve the problems before much more time past. We have watched our company and our personal finance spin out of control to the point of almost loosing everything. Faced with no job and no income from the store we hit bottom. I am committed to make things right and will have our company and our personal situation back on track soon. I know that it may be too late to save the company but even if we are forced to close I will make things right with you. Thank you for the trust you gave us with your order, I am deeply sorry for betraying this trust; I hope you can see it in your heart to forgive us. I have a record of all refund requests and will honor them, as soon as we are able. I promise we will deliver on all the orders we have pending. If anyone wants to take store credit for these outstanding orders please do so just make a note of the pending order number you would like credit for and I will ship the new orders in place of the orders pending. The problems we have had have nothing to do with Goundspeak or any other vendors and I hope you do not hold these issues against them. Thank you for any understanding you give us in this matter. Sincerely, Mark Alan and Elli's"

I still have seen no coin or no refund or anything else.

I have checked their webpage again today and this is the new message you see

"This site is for sale. More information soon."