Newbie Question

XGrunt

I have just gotten 2 new geocoins, my first. I am nervous about "releasing" them and losing them so I have decided for the time being to just have other cachers discover them. I have seen many caches that have "coin drop" on the logs but there is no coin in the cache. Is this just a way to "log miles" on the coin or what?

I have just gotten 2 new geocoins, my first. I am nervous about "releasing" them and losing them so I have decided for the time being to just have other cachers discover them. I have seen many caches that have "coin drop" on the logs but there is no coin in the cache. Is this just a way to "log miles" on the coin or what?

For others to "discover" your coins, you still need to Activate them. The best place for others to discover, would be at an event.

Yes, some log a coin or TB in and out of a cache for mileage.

That could be a case where a Player is just "Dipping" the coin in a Cache, or it could be a case where the coin was dropped, and then taken.

Some people are real slow at logging them out also. i had one sitting in a cache for just over a year and it got logged by the person that picked it up over a year ago.

I would suggest if you release one that you are ready to loose it.

My first one went fast and I was bummed and did not send anymore out for a long time but now I have 78 and over 70 are moving.

Good luck on this and they are fun to watch move from cache to cache.