Complete My Puzzle Cache

Zac Young

Npcl aol jvyylja huzdly pu aol opua!

Mns z azc hcdz.

Mine will be a 6 character device. The code will be the cache's GC number. I already have one squirreled away that is all letters, (no numbers), only 6 digits long, thanx to a most generous local cacher.

Sorry, forgot to address the OP:

The most obvious 5 letter word that comes to mind is "Cache".

Maybe a hint like, "The answer to the puzzle is here, on this cache page".

Edited by Clan Riffster

A few ideas:

1. The code word could be the answer to a riddle. You can do a google search and get tons of ideas. I think a riddle related to caching or even the area where the cache is hidden would be fun.

2. The code word could be the name or number of a nearby business or address, depending on where you hide the cache.

3. The code word could be an anagram of another word, also possibly cache or location related.

4. Change the code word occasionally to keep people from sharing the code and also to keep things interesting.

A few ideas:

1. The code word could be the answer to a riddle. You can do a google search and get tons of ideas. I think a riddle related to caching or even the area where the cache is hidden would be fun.

2. The code word could be the name or number of a nearby business or address, depending on where you hide the cache.

3. The code word could be an anagram of another word, also possibly cache or location related.

4. Change the code word occasionally to keep people from sharing the code and also to keep things interesting.

Those are all brilliant ideas! I love them! It may be hard to choose... Thanks alot! :laughing:

I'm buying my ammo can tonighgt I believe, so I leave this thread open for any other suggestions that come to mind to anyone.

Mine will be a 6 character device. The code will be the cache's GC number. I already have one squirreled away that is all letters, (no numbers), only 6 digits long, thanx to a most generous local cacher.

I'm filing that into my memory bank.

I know, pretty cool idea eh?

I would use it if my work lock was longer.

I just thought of this idea...

Give co-ords to road signs and say - Record the second letter in this sign and that will construct a word. It may take too long though. I'm looking for something that will not give away that it's locked.

Here is what I came up with:

(1) Don't mention that the posted coordinates are bogus – but don't mention that they aren't, either. :laughing:

(2) Post the true coordinates of the cache location. :laughing::D

(3) Without ANY additional explanation post the following text, including the embedded link, on your cache page:

------------------------------------------

A Farmer is traveling with a Wolf, Cabbages, and Goat (don't ask why). There is a river to be crossed, and a boat which will accommodate only the farmer, who must row every trip, and one of the others. The goat cannot be left alone with the cabbages, which it will eat, and the goat cannot be left alone with the wolf, which will eat it.

What is the minumum number of times the farmer must row across the river?

You can try this puzzle online here.

------------------------------------------

(Scroll down for answer.)

The answer is 7 bridge crossings.

(4) You can then leave it to the seeker to figure out that the lock combination is the word 'seven' spelled out as five letters. [evil giggle] :(:(:)

I like this so much, I might even do it myself. Where do you get the five-letter lock?

Edited by KBI

I find this sort of thing interesting, and when i finally decide to hide a cache i will probably do some sort of puzzle type cache like this.

In answer to your question, it would depend, does it have a theme?

I like the idea of a trail of clues... like the Da Vinci Code.... that ended up with them opening the cryptex in Westminster Abby after solving the newton puzzle.....

It would depend on how hard or easy you want to make it.

One puzzle that is here in Melbourne is you have to travel to various locations. at each point is a letter that makes up a word..... and leads onto other tasks (i have seen the cache listing it is on my to do list)

the one location i have seen here the letter is stuck to a tree. it is actually in plain view... but most people dont notice it :laughing:

you could do similar. Select five locations, hide 5 wooden/metal letters, not in any particular order (especially if they form a word) and they have to go to the locations and find the letter to solve the code and the letters could be in plain sight i reakon most people wouldnt notice.

if you didn't want to hide letters, use signs or plaques. again using 5 locations

in a sign you might say if it is a street sign, the forth letter.

if it is a plaque, you might say the tenth letter of the third line.

just a couple of quick suggestions.

I like this so much, I might even do it myself. Where do you get the five-letter lock?

Wordlocks

You can get them from Staples for less than that.

I did a multi where I left letter clues that made up a word at the end. The person had to make words out of the letters they found and use try to open the lock. As an added trick, I spelled the word backwards on the lock.

Wordlocks

You can get them from Staples for less than that.

I did a multi where I left letter clues that made up a word at the end. The person had to make words out of the letters they found and use try to open the lock. As an added trick, I spelled the word backwards on the lock.

I bought one at Staples today for $6.99. Unfortunately it does not have a "V" so KBI's cool idea will not work with it. Bummer. :lol: