Geocache Bandit Mystery Geocoin

The Amigos

The bandit has struck again! I don't know who the bandit is or where the bandit gets their information but I got roped in again! Since the first one received was addressed to both me and Johnslady56 in my original post I jokingly mentioned that we would have to share the coin. I guess the bandit felt bad about my joke and decided to send out another fantastic gift! This time it was addressed only to myself and included a special note about 'sharing' and a beautiful blue geobandit coin (#008)!!! Now Diana (Johnslady56) will get the original coin and I will keep the new blue one!!!

I am now convinced that the bandit either has spies everywhere or must be a psychic. I've had a terrible week this past week. I had to take a 5% pay cut in order to keep my job, my co-manager has been on vacation and I had just finished working my sixth (12 hour) day in a row and I had spent the day working the most physically demanding position at my job because one of my employees called in sick. So after working 12 long hot hours out in the sun (and I forgot sunscreen and got fried), I was not looking forward to the 2 1/2 hour drive down to Los Angeles to see my Los Angeles Kings hockey team lose another game. I was just completely exhausted! That is, until I got home.

Once there, I picked up the mail and saw a very familar black mailer. I thought to myself, "The bandit must have made a mistake" until I opened it and saw the note inside. When I realized it was truly mine and not shared I was instantly energized and the rest of the day/night was great (except that the Kings lost). We hit no traffic on the drive to the game (only took 1 1/2 hours), no problems with parking, short lines at the concession stand, no obnoxious fans (just your usual rowdy hockey fans including us) and no traffic heading home.

Somehow the bandit just seems to KNOW when someone needs a little pick-me-up. Both times with us the bandit has picked the exact right day to gift us with coins. I am truely grateful for these gifts and will treasure them forever.

Thanks Bandit, you have helped me to get up out of a slump once again!!!

After tearing a muscle in my lower back earlier this week, then having my company car not start this morning and having to wake Johnslady56 at 5:30am to drive me to work, then having my network connection at work fail mutliple times today and having way too many unhappy customers I was not looking forward to whatever else was going to be thrown at me today.

Diana (Johnslady56) came to pick me up at work and brought the mail along with her. Mixed into everything I saw the corner of a shiny black mailer!!! Could it be?!?! Or is she just messing with me?!?!

I snatched the mailer from the stack and sure enough, the telltale Geo_Bandit stamp is affixed to the shiny black 'puffie'!!! I could barely contain myself, and had to open it right then and there!!! Diana didn't seem to know why I was so excited about this simple black puffie, until I showed her what it contained and then it hit her; WE had been blessed with a Geo-Bandit coin!!! And by WE I mean the both of us as it was addressed to us both...

I don't know how you do it Bandit, but you must have second sight. I had been having a rotten, terrible, painful week and then to finish it off with this gift, I just can't seem to find the words...

How can I thank someone for something as special as this, and for it to arrive at just the right time? I will have to think of someway to spread my happiness...

THANK YOU Geo-Bandit! For making my week end on such a fantastic note!!! This coin will forever remain in our collection. I guess we will have to find some way to share it, maybe alternate weeks, or odd and even days...

GeoBanditCoin.jpg

And for the record we received coin #175

I was neglectful in my posting the other day, Ihave received one of these beauties for our Lazy Hayes Days III event...a BLUE ONE!!! Now, I must say, I was taken aback by the blue, I had to get mine out and check to see if my memory served me correctly...sure enough, the one I have is GREEN!!

So, I am proud to announce that the Lazy Hayes Days III event will have a beautiful BLUE Geo_Bandit waiting for some lucky winner!!!

THANK YOU for your continued generosity and spreading of the fun and excitement a MYSTERY COIN brings, well done my masked bandit friend!!

Also CONGRATS to all of the bandits being roped in!!!!

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

I can't believe I've been roped in too! I got my black bubble mailer a couple of weeks ago and have just been waiting for some free time to take some photos before posting. The coin the Geo_Bandit sent me is number 309. It's green on one side, yellow on the other, and black nickel all over. It sure looks great. I love black nickel coins.

30b5aef9-19df-43e9-aeef-972bdec0c72f.jpg

My favorite part of this coin though is the translucent enamel over the detailed metal. When I eventually make a personal coin of my own you can bet it will have translucent enamel on it.

6f15617c-9f96-4fbd-a962-8c356666c8e1.jpg

Thanks so much, Geo_Bandit! For someone that isn't very active on the geocoin forum (I lurk and read the forum a lot, but hardly ever post anything) I consider myself very fortunate to have received one of these beautiful coins. Geo_Bandit, your generosity is much appreciated! Thanks for providing me with some smiles!

Blue skies and happy trails!

Model Citizen - Zero Discipline

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO ........

Just picked my Sister up from her last day of school, wnet to the mailbox and guess what I found:

99f54cd5-e288-4f09-826d-64858782c1b6.jpg

I did not know what I got but Dad did he was lets head in the house and open it......

Well here is what I found:

acccef32-5847-4557-b69e-27a9e442d76e.jpg

This is my first Mystery Coin, I am very happy that Geo_Bandit picked me to get one of these coins.

I will put this on my collection, and share with others at events.

THANK YOU SO MUCH Geo_Bandit, I just love the coin.

Fredhead :rolleyes::mad:

Today i went to my mailbox and found an envelope in it...i opened it...and what did i find: A Geobandit :) with number 187....but the big surprise: It wasn't sent by the Geo Bandit...it was sent by lorca :o

I don't know what to say...i'm speechless about such an act of generosity...together with the coin there was a very personal and wonderful card :D

This coin is sooo special and will keep a special place.

Oh lorca...i don't know how to thank you....I'm looking foreward to the day that my collection is big enough to pay back a little part of this...

Today i went to my mailbox and found an envelope in it...i opened it...and what did i find: A Geobandit :o with number 187....but the big surprise: It wasn't sent by the Geo Bandit...it was sent by lorca :D

I don't know what to say...i'm speechless about such an act of generosity...together with the coin there was a very personal and wonderful card :o

This coin is sooo special and will keep a special place.

Oh lorca...i don't know how to thank you....I'm looking foreward to the day that my collection is big enough to pay back a little part of this...

poeffff i was going a little worry it could`t take so long to travel to neighbour country right hihihi.......

BANDIT give me so much love and joy i had a WONDERFULL time with her and i hope you will have to DARK ELF...............

but i must say sometimezzz you get a mystery that you will treasure for ever because they come on a special day but this BANDIT i could`t keep somehow.........

she was readdy to travel along to someone who needet her a little more then me....... :o

BANDIT THANKKKK YOU FOR THE GREAT TIME I HAD WITH YOU AND FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SMILEZZZZ YOU GIVE TO EVERYBODY INCLUDE ME :)

AND FOR THE REST WHO RECIEVE BANDIT CONGRATZZZZZZZZZZZZ

THAT YOU ALL MAY HAVE SUCH A WONDERFULL TIME WITH HER AS I HAD :o:o;)

Merry Christmas my mystery friend, geocaching bandit, and my best wishes for a happy, prosperous and healthy new year!

May all your wishes come true in 2011!

I tired to send you email with my wishes in the email address that was in your card, but it returned back non delivered because this does not exist anymore! So... I am sending my wishes from here! :D

wow i walked in the door today from a long day of caching

and there was a black envelope i had no clue what it was

then i saw the stamp (how did that happen) when it was

opened i saw a awesome new coin with yellow on the front

and green on the back and the number 350 on it. the card

with it said i could do with it as i wished (keep,trade,or move along)

there is no way ill get rid of this coin. and as asked it will not be sold

thank you so much

I received one of these coins in the mail today, i had to do some asking around to know what it was, many years late but even makes it cooler. i am going to insert picture

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1822615599659&set=a.1195628965385.2030613.1068292470&type=1&theater link to it on my face book.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=99751a8069&view=att&th=12f8974522653b28&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1367008757576368128-1&zw

Geocache Bandit coin

I received one of these coins in the mail today, i had to do some asking around to know what it was, many years late but even makes it cooler. i am going to insert picture

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=1822615599659&set=a.1195628965385.2030613.1068292470&type=1&theater link to it on my face book.

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=99751a8069&view=att&th=12f8974522653b28&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1367008757576368128-1&zw

Geocache Bandit coin

Awesome. Congrats on a cool surprise. I have never seen this one before. I like it.

I was cleaning up my living room, and found the envelope from Geo_Bandit with the mystery coin that was sent to me. Not sure exactly when I received it (could not make out a date on the postmark), but it was a couple of years ago. The coin is green on one side and yellow on the other, and there is a #045 on it.

Thanks to whomever set it to me! :D Not trackable, though, so I can't let anyone log discoveries.