Geocache Bandit Mystery Geocoin

The Amigos

I've been roped in! WOW, my first mystery coin ;) It's been a stressful week at work and also in anticipation of my first dog show this weekend. I was really nervous all week anticipating the worse. We'll we did ok at the show and then to come home and find this suspicious black mailer. I received coin 42. I think what was really neat is the detail in the bandana - I never noticed that on the pictures before but in real life it's very cool. I love little details like that! Thank you Geo_Bandit this was a wonderful surprise I will treasure!

Black List

In order to keep this thread clean of too many lists, please do just post ur number, I will update the list once in a while. :)

It´s also hard to figure out where u put urself on the list, I keep the list as a word document, please just post the number... Thx :)

#004 Geo.Error

<snip>

#299 cachecrashers4

What can I do to get on that list? :-)

Well, from my point of view you will just have to receive the coin and the post ur number, but that is not up to me to decide...

I wish u luck u will receive a black envelope someday in the mail soon :)

By the way: List will be updated as soon as this thread reaches a new page...

I wonder how the person mailing them is getting people's mailing addresses.

Hence the Mystery ;)

I could be from old trades, the mailing list or The bandit has a direct line to the man who knows all, and lets face it he is using his list for one night of the year so it makes good sense to maximise it's productivity :laughing:

Black List

In order to keep this thread clean of too many lists, please do just post ur number, I will update the list once in a ;)

It´s also hard to figure out where u put urself on the list, I keep the list as a word document, please just post the number... Thx :)

#004 Geo.Error

#015 Anthus

#025 MotoCycleBoi

#026 wyohunter

#027 Penny and Kona

#029 Professor Grumbledor

#030 Astartus

#032 BRoKeN W

#035 OshnDoc

#036 summerandnana

#039 southpawaz

#040 CyberChemist

#042 A Mitt

#043 Degai

#044 matlock75

#048 BrierPatch

#051 FluteFace

#055 Rockin Roddy

#056 jnbball

#057 scavok

#060 Vegas Gamblers

#061 sdkonkle

#062 0R0B0RUS

#063 The_Geomonkeys

#067 Vanelle

#073 Moozer

#078 bassmig

#081 sleepyrn

#083 fairyhoney

#084 brewmeister

#087 seaeye

#091 lake_wannabees

#094 Six Little Spookies

#099 yankeepride

#100 MustangJoni

#101 Smort78

#103 intolerable

#104 Koolbrez

#105 DaFunkyFrogs

#107 The Amigos

#109 kf4oox

#114 ATMouse

#115 usyoopers

#116 dflye

#118 LionsLair

#120 surteb

#121 Crowesfeat30

#123 hasseper

#124 Dolfy

#125 Little'n

#130 RedShoesGirl

#131 burgessfour

#135 Clan Doyle

#143 Leafer54

#144 TeamEccs21

#145 mikenewell

#146 clupea

#147 Cache Maine

#151 lisabell22

#153 s.p.a.m.

#154 mrjiffy

#157 Toojin

#158 Fossillady

#164 mouse88621

#166 lelle1987

#167 Nero

#169 PengoFamily

#170 LoriDarlin

#171 Solan109

#175 JohnMac56 + Johnslady56

#179 dardevle

#180 NeverSummer

#182 Croft House Cachers

#184 Tschakko

#186 TheCollector

#187 lorca.nl

#190 Carbon Hunter

#199 steel city babes

#201 IBcrashen

#202 Theseus

#204 Tooey

#205 cainrcc

#209 geo_taz

#210 Geo-Gophers

#211 xboxcrazy83

#212 lindsychris

#217 prntr1

#218 GATOULIS

#221 Castle Man

#225 eklector

#228 Dorsetgal & GeoDog

#231 Hockeyhick

#233 coreynjoey

#234 gardengorilla

#236 j2garnett

#239 GeoKs

#242 geocachingdragon

#244 nielsenc

#250 DJ.J.Rock

#253 Tethys C

#257 ElliPirelli

#265 teald024

#267 LadyBee4T

#269 luckycharmer

#270 jAY miLLS

#271 imchasingshadows

#273 hollora

#274 Menkinger-Familycacher

#275 wilg

#277 JoenSue

#278 PsYkO.ns

#280 rickctroop13

#281 Maine Family

#283 2golfers

#284 CLAMM

#289 Marpomem

#294 n8turgrl

#297 dimkasmir

#299 cachecrashers4

Edited by Tschakko

Woohoo!

I came home from a weekend of cold hands and too many DNFs to find a mystery black envelope. I love the personalised postage stamp and even the customs declaration was signed "G Bandit"!

Thank you whoever you are! This is my first mystery coin.

I got #72

Oh my Gosh, finally a beautifull,above freezing, day in Wisconsin... the kids are at my dads house for the weekend... get ready to go geocaching since it has been way tooooooo cold for a few weeks. I have to get the mail before we go...... What is this cool black envelope? Could it be, ?????? I can't open it fast enough......oh my WOW I yell to my husband***** I think I just got a mystery coin*****How exciting. This is my first mystery coin and oh is it so cool!!!! I can't thank the mystery giver enough. :D;):PB):D:D;) I love it. I can't wait to show my kids when they get home!!!!! #198. my husband is already getting sick of hearing me say" I can't believe I got a mystery coin" hahaha thanks again!

Oh my Gosh, finally a beautifull,above freezing, day in Wisconsin... the kids are at my dads house for the weekend... get ready to go geocaching since it has been way tooooooo cold for a few weeks. I have to get the mail before we go...... What is this cool black envelope? Could it be, ?????? I can't open it fast enough......oh my WOW I yell to my husband***** I think I just got a mystery coin*****How exciting. This is my first mystery coin and oh is it so cool!!!! I can't thank the mystery giver enough. :D;):PB):D:D;) I love it. I can't wait to show my kids when they get home!!!!! #198. my husband is already getting sick of hearing me say" I can't believe I got a mystery coin" hahaha thanks again!

Congratulations on yor first mystery coin!!! And welcome to the posse!!!!

The story you are about to hear is true;

A well organized “Mystery Coiner” has been gifting Geocoins to geocachers throughout the USA and world. It's one of the most puzzling cases we ever encountered! It was Tuesday, February 3rd. It was nice day in Denver. We were working the day watch out of Geocaching division. my partner, Gannon and myself , Friday. It was 4pm and end of our shift. We were headed back to my home to relax and go over some of the cases we been working on. We arrived precisely at 4:26pm and notice a Black package in the mail box. We knew right away that the “Geo Bandit” had left his/her calling card. We decide in inspect the package and it contents for any clues to whom the Geo Bandit might be. There was a business card and a geocoin number 074 inside the package. We dusted the evidence for prints to check against our data base. But there were no prints to be found. We are going to have to wait this out until the Bandit slips up and makes a mistake. We try to prove that crime doesn’t pay ... but sometimes it does.

Thanks for the evidence Geo Bandit!!!

Geocoin #074

Joe Friday & Partner Gannon

I just went to see what was in my mailbox this morning hoping to get a bubble mailer. There was only one but, it was the famous black one. I just couldn't believe it. I was hoping for it but never thaught I would get one :bad:

So, I told Wyatt, drop your sheriff's badge, we've been roped by the Geo-Bandit. He was very happy to wear it on its cowboy hat.

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

Thanks Geo-Bandit, you made our day a very happy one :lol:

We have received coin # 317 so, there are more than 300 :lol:

I just went to see what was in my mailbox this morning hoping to get a bubble mailer. There was only one but, it was the famous black one. I just couldn't believe it. I was hoping for it but never thaught I would get one :bad:

So, I told Wyatt, drop your sheriff's badge, we've been roped by the Geo-Bandit. He was very happy to wear it on its cowboy hat.

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS on receiving the coin. This is an absolutely cute picture . I guess someone who's been roped by the Bandit shouldn't be described as cute. GREAT SHOT

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

Thanks Geo-Bandit, you made our day a very happy one :D

We have received coin # 317 so, there are more than 300 :P

Lavel, you need to shave!! :lol::lol::lol:

Great pic!! CONGRATS!!

Congrats to ALL receivers of this and any mystery coin!! Gotta love those mystery coiners, you guys ROCK!

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

Congratulations Laval!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wyatt looks pretty happy to be roped in :lol::P:DB)

WHOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

A good looking dog like that ought to be in the movies!!

I just went to see what was in my mailbox this morning hoping to get a bubble mailer. There was only one but, it was the famous black one. I just couldn't believe it. I was hoping for it but never thaught I would get one :D

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

We have received coin # 317 so, there are more than 300 ;)

A good looking dog like that ought to be in the movies!!

Thanks catsnfish! And he should also get the main role ;)

I just went to see what was in my mailbox this morning hoping to get a bubble mailer. There was only one but, it was the famous black one. I just couldn't believe it. I was hoping for it but never thaught I would get one :D

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

Thanks Geo-Bandit, you made our day a very happy one ;)

We have received coin # 317 so, there are more than 300 ;)

whhottt Congrats Wyatt and..............laval k-9 :D i am happy the bandit roped you. :)

Congrats to all other who are roped :(

And..................thanks Geo bandit for all the smiles :P:)

I mentioned it already in another thread, but for keeping the list updated:

Hurra!!!! I received my first Mystery Coin this week. It is #321 MINE!!!!

Thanks a lot to Geo_Bandit, I never ever expected to have one of these coins in my collection :D .

Regards from Good Old Germany

Michael

Yessssssssss.......

Practising is rewarded.

I'm a very lucky person. This morning a black bubbler in the mail!

Thank you so much.

In honour of the Geo_Bandit I'll release an unactivated coin somewhere in the Netherlands.

The Geo-Bandit # 310 will stay in my collection.

geobandita.jpg

dutchgeobandit.jpg

Edited by millieballon

YIIIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D:D:D I've got one too!

Yesterday I opened my mailbox to see one bubble mailer I was expecting and a lot of junk mail. But what was behind that?? I recognised the black bubble envelop straight away! But I never thought I would receive one!

On the forum I read about people jumping up and down after receiving one of these mysterical envelopes, and now I was literally jumping up and down (with my boyfriend not understanding at all what all the fuss was about. He loves geocaching, but is not into coins ;-)

GeoBandit, thank you so much for this big surprise! I love the coin :)

When I visited Millieballon for her birthday, of course I brought the Geo Bandit coin to show it. So the surpise got bigger when it turned out that Millieballon received one too :o

As the GeoBandit is providing smiles all over the world, here's a smile for all the forum readers:

fc2096b2-8b7f-45cf-95e3-96ceb6ae238e.jpg

Li-Z

wyatt_bandit2.jpg

We have received coin # 317 so, there are more than 300 :D

:):o I love that picture!!

WAIT WHAT? Never in a million years would I ever have expected this!!! Why me?! THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! It's beautiful and it really warmed me up after a longggg colddddd day! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Geo-bandit, you're the best!!

As so many have already posted, I was absolutely STUNNED to open a black bubble mailer today and find a Geo_Bandit Mystery Geocoin!! !!! !!! I had a few trades working with a few pathtaggers and I thought - who would send a tiny pathtag in such a large expensive envelope? I was not aware of this thread, but I had been "schooled" in mystery coins previously receiving a "Imagine" coin as part of a mission. Needless to say as with all the others, this coin brought such a smile to my face at the absolute generosity of another 'cacher. Also as with all the others, it came on a day when it was so needed. So my deepest sincerest thanks going to the mystery coin giver.

THANK YOU GEO_BANDIT !!!!!! :D:(:D;):D:D Geo_Bandit Geocoin #340

Edited by RedsknU2

What a Day!

This was not a good day at all.

Until i was sitting typing on the computer and just then the mail lady showed up and slid a black bubbler thru the mail slot and i thought could it be ?

31fb0ff2-2b8b-40f6-819d-00ebc204c291.jpg

Of course it is what else would come in the mail inside a black bubbler.

Thank you so much for adding some happiness to a bad day.

What a great looking coin.

I will always treasure this and never let it go.

Thanks again Geo Bandit

Edited by River Cacher

I had some errands to run after work tonight but as I was pulling out of the parking lot I had the thought that I'd much rather go straight home to see if I had gotten any new coins in the mail today. There was, but definitely not one I had expected to find! I opened up my mail box and right on top was a shiny black bubble envelope! I hurriedly grabbed it and sure enough, I've been roped in! I was still in my car so I couldn't jump up and down but I sure was shaking and laughing and yelling as I pulled the rest of the way into the driveway and all the way into the house. My hubby thought for sure I had lost it until I told him what it was. He hovered behind me peering over my shoulder as I carefully opened the envelope and shook the absolutely gorgeous Geo Bandit coin into my hand. He loves it as much as I do and immediately said that we need to get busy and build a special shadow box to hold the coin, card, and envelope. Looks like a trip to the hardware store is coming soon!

Thanks so much Geo Bandit for sending me this fabulous coin, it's the pride and joy of my collection!

Bandit3.jpg

Bandit4.jpg

So I'm off to the Post Office, which I visit several times a day, because I'm expecting packages from MotoCycleBoi and the Atwells with coins I've designed. Plus, I have been ordered a lot of coins lately, so I get coins just near every day (which is nice, but man is it expensive).

I go to the post box. There are two yellow slips inside. Woo-hoo! Two packages! My mood, formerly cra--I mean, not so good due to a hectic 8 hours of watch (starting at 4am), a bad night before that, plus being sick (sinus headache; my sinuses feel like they should start cracking any minute) is instantly buoyed by the idea that those packages might be in.

I go to the counter and hand the package slips to the nice young man behind the counter. I'm looking for him to hand me a small box. Instead, I see...

urrrrrr? Black slim puffy envelope?

Could it be?

I glance at the stamp. It is! It IS!

I almost make a scene right there, in uniform, in the post office. "Woo hoo! I can't believe it!"

Manage to make it home before tearing open the package:

geobandit-h-sm.jpg

Number 318 checkin' in, pardners!

Thank ya kindly, Geobandit/a!

P.S. Oh, yeah, I got my Year of the Ox coins from Mike, too. Wheeeeee!

After a long 4 days of driving back and forth from Burbank and 8 hours of a class each day, :lol: I came home to find a nice black shiney package waiting for me. :) I got it late yesterday and was so tired from the weekend that I just went to sleep. So today I thought that I should log on and put this up. Now I knew what it was, cuz Johnmac56 is my dad and he got one. So I knew the moment that I saw this package what it was. ;) So I open it up and sure enought I was right. :D What a nice looking coin it is and it is also my first mystery coin too. Now Johnmac56 is a little upset cuz he has to "share" his coin with Johnslady56 and I got my own. :( But hey I got one and thats the best part. The number on mine is #305. And THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :(

Yippee we have also been roped in with coin no. 316 :lol:

On Friday on our way home from an art exhibition celebrating the work of a talented young artist who had recently violently lost her life, my husband said a padded envelope had arrived in the mail which looked like it could be a coin. I was excited as I reached for the envelope as I wasn't expecting any parcels, and when I saw it was black with a distinctive stamp, I couldn't believe our luck. :(

What could we have done to deserve such generosity? The coin is beautiful and has such bright colours, which reminds us of the wonderful people we have been fortunate enough to meet and touched by their spirit.

Thank you Geo_Bandit for spreading smiles around the world, although this is particularly difficult for people in Australia at the moment though due to the devasting bushfires in Victoria since Saturday (over 180 lives lost so far with up to another 100 yet to be confirmed) and 62% of Queensland declared a disaster area due to flooding :( and there are people out there who deny the existence of climate change :) At least we are fortunate enough to be able to look at our beautiful mystery coin and ba able to count our blessings, over and over again. ;)

Edited by Just a Trifle

WOW talk about timing, I had just finshed chewing out the good ol USA Post office system for charging me $24.00 plus for a registered letter to Canada that was mailed over a week ago and had just today gotten to New York, (it was supposed to have been delivered by yesterday)

when I give up and I go to play poker with the boys.

All of a sudden everyone is shouting about a masked bandit riding a horse yelling package for Frozen Buns, they say it must have been delivered by Pony Express since the bandit was riding a horse. All black with matching Pony Express stamp even. I am amazed they could find me as I am thawing out in South Texas at the moment. Poor rider, had a long ride from the cold in Alaska to the Mexico border but just goes to show how "true Horse Power" still gets the mail thru.

Thank you Oh Masked One for brightening my day and bringing me luck. I managed to take everyones money with this lucky Bandito coin by my side.

LOL Yeep Eeeee I've been Roped. LOL :(:):lol:

The day started off bad, with an announcement of more cutbacks at my employer. I'm safe at the moment but will be affected in the next round when it comes. Needless to say I wasn't in the best mood. Then I went to the mailbox. :)

Yee Haaa!!P2120104.jpg

Thanks Geocaching Bandit for my first mystery coin!! The timing was perfect, I really need the spirit lift it gave me. :laughing::laughing: #335