Is there a way ?

When logging our finds last night - I stupidly entered a TB - Walnut Man into the wrong cache . I placed the TB into the final cache of a 6 cache series yet I somehow managed to log it as being in cache # 3 of the series.

I looked for a way of retrieving it but as I no longer have the tracking number I wasnt able to. I wrote a note on both Cache #3 and Cache # 6 and e-mailed to the owner asking for the tracking number. As yet no reply, though I appreciate it is early days.

Thinking ahead - should I not hear back from the owner is there a way of being able to log a removal and logging it into the correct cache without the tracking no ?

Thanks for any help

When logging our finds last night - I stupidly entered a TB - Walnut Man into the wrong cache . I placed the TB into the final cache of a 6 cache series yet I somehow managed to log it as being in cache # 3 of the series.

I looked for a way of retrieving it but as I no longer have the tracking number I wasnt able to. I wrote a note on both Cache #3 and Cache # 6 and e-mailed to the owner asking for the tracking number. As yet no reply, though I appreciate it is early days.

Thinking ahead - should I not hear back from the owner is there a way of being able to log a removal and logging it into the correct cache without the tracking no ?

Thanks for any help

You need the TB owners help. I would imagine they would be very keen to give you the TB number, after all they will want the TB listed in the right cache.

Placing a TB in the wrong cache is mistake we all make at some time and feel guilty about it.

Philip

Call me Alan (ar an anagram of it), but I keep a database of all the tag numbers, tracking numbers and details of (almost) all the TBs I log. It's useful for just this eventuality.

If you don't hear from the bug owner soon, you could try asking the previous loggers of the bug if they've still got the code.

I think you've made a reasonable effort to right the wrong, if you get no response from the TB owner then just forget about it. Soon enough someone will find the TB, they'll probably automatically retrieve it from the wrong cache and stick it in another cache - what's the worst that could happen? the TB will be a couple of miles out on it's mileage.

Call me Alan (ar an anagram of it), but I keep a database of all the tag numbers, tracking numbers and details of (almost) all the TBs I log. It's useful for just this eventuality.

If you don't hear from the bug owner soon, you could try asking the previous loggers of the bug if they've still got the code.

Yes I decided after I made the mix-up last night that I would make a note of them all from now on....whether its 'alan' or not it would help to stop the ' what an idiot I am ' feeling I have right now.

It could be...

Depends on when your cache (webpage cache!) was cleared!

It won't be there, though, when you just click on "the travel bugs found thingy and click on a random old TB", which is what I said. :ph34r: It may still be there after you've entered it whilst making a log, although it's extremely unlikely to persist for very long.

That's very laan of you. I do the same, but my database is a scrap of paper in my caching goodie bag. I had to do one repeat visit to a cache due to forgetting the code before I started doing this, so it's a useful precaution.

Edited to add ... but not much use to you in your present predicament I'm afraid. :)

Edited by Team Sieni

I just went to my own profile and clicked on the travel bugs found thingy and clicked on a random old TB - it's code was still there.

:):D Thanks Skull Duggery it worked like a dream !

I was worried that I might have cleared the saved form details etc when I last cleared my cookies and what have you, but luckily they were still there... I had to keep going through the alphabet and checking each of the entries that came up but eventually when I got to the entries for the letter V, I found one that matched..brilliant idea. Thanks again

Depending on when the TB was first logged as retrieved or grabbed, going back to the logging page and clicking the curser into the trackable number may bring up the tracking number in the box... Helps if you can rember the first number/letter.

(Works in Firefox)

:D

I apologise. I was entirely wrong. :)

Depending on when the TB was first logged as retrieved or grabbed, going back to the logging page and clicking the curser into the trackable number may bring up the tracking number in the box... Helps if you can rember the first number/letter.

(Works in Firefox)

:D

I apologise. I was entirely wrong. :)

Depends on how your browser is set up, and when the TB was logged as retrieved.

Might not have worked. Then you wouldn't have been wrong. :D

I just went to my own profile and clicked on the travel bugs found thingy and clicked on a random old TB - it's code was still there.

:):D Thanks Skull Duggery it worked like a dream !

I was worried that I might have cleared the saved form details etc when I last cleared my cookies and what have you, but luckily they were still there... I had to keep going through the alphabet and checking each of the entries that came up but eventually when I got to the entries for the letter V, I found one that matched..brilliant idea. Thanks again

My absolute pleasure.