BIG CONGRATS TO L8HNB

rastan

Well done to Henry & Linda for the massive achievement of completing the little quest!

Oooh! - Very well done. Though it wouldn't be long given PuP's last log entry on the LQ:FINAL page. Hope you enjoyed completing it as much as I did.

When your email came in I was going to be passing that way on the M6 so I popped over for a "slight diversion" and a wander at the cache site later in the day. The cache isn't as little as when I last saw it :ph34r: Pleasantly surprised to see my name written in the replacement log book.

Who will be next to complete the Little Quest!

Philip

Well done Henry and Linda. This is a massive achievement if only due to the distance travelled to log them all. I don't think I will be joining the band of cachers to log them all. (Well not in the near future anyway).

ayepee

Are you sure?

Once you start it gets addictive you know :laughing: So many nice caches. So many counties :laughing:

Philip

Congratulations Henry and Linda. You certainly got a move on recently to complete this excellent series.

We're not far behind. Having done Suffolk and Norfolk in the last couple of days we now have 5 to go so hopefully will complete sometime this year.

What challenge are you up for now? :laughing:

Firstly, thanks to all for the congratulations. We really enjoyed the series and thoroughly recommend it to everyone.

Our special thanks go to PUP for his foresight in setting the series up, rastan for his help and encouragement and all those who took time and trouble to set each and every cache. bsh92673, aka BaSHful’s, listing of finders http://www.15ddv.me.uk/lq/lq.html also helped spur us on, especially with qrang and guageman showing signs of getting there as well – come on you guys, you’re nearly there! Oh, it took us 1 year, 24 days from the start (LQ:Gloucestershire) to the Final.

The caches were quite varied in their execution and quality, see our log for the final for our favourites. As we visited each one we rated them on a 1 to 5 star basis as we wanted to be able to look back and have some idea of the general quality. 32 of the 46 (we couldn’t rate our own!) were 2.5 star or better. These ratings were based on our interpretation of the quality of cache and hide, how the cache represented the county and novelty value.

We must sit down and work out how many miles we did. We usually made a day out by doing groups of caches in a given area and by combining the caches with holidays and Events. We'd rather not think about the fuel costs though........

Wouldn't it be excellent to have Little Quest’s for Scotland, Wales and Nor’n Ireland? So there’s a challenge to other cachers in the UK – we would definitely have a go at something similar in these other countries, especially as the Big Quest, sadly, doesn’t look like happening.

Sorry to see that two of the LQ:’s are currently down. Please, if you can, join in to keep the series going, our own LQ: (Worcestershire) has had a good number of hits for a country cache, originally it was out on its own so it wasn’t easy to group with others.

So, in our view, a great series, doesn’t matter how long it takes, go for it! The experience of logging the final, in such a brill location, was fantastic. Even the sun shone, no mean feat this summer.......

What next? Return trip to Shetland and Orkney in June ’09 with a bit of luck. So many caches to do, so little time to do ‘em in.

L&H