60 Csx

quadmft24

Happens to me too. I just either go through the find, Geocache routine again or re-calibrate the compass. One or the other usually works.

If you're still in warrenty, Garmin will replace it. But my experience is the replacement will eventually do the same thing.

It would be nice to see this settled properly.

PP4x4

This is a common issue that has been addressed before in these forums. The arrow dissappears becuase the batteries lose contact with the connectors for a split second. What you want to do is bend out the connectors so they hold the batteries better then take a piece of foam and put it on top of the batteries and put the battery case back on and it should hold it really tight in there.

This should solve your problem.

I found that the compass arrow seemed to disappear more in the last few months. I then figured out the problem. I recently started taking my blackberry with me clipped to my belt. When ever I put the GPS in my pocket it found the blackberry in close proximity. The blackberry has a magnet on the clip. :ph34r: This would always mess with the compass. Then it was a recalibrate compass dance.

Now the blackberry stays in the backpack until required