Reviewer ignores me...

Holztroll

:rolleyes:

Hello my friends,

I am looking for help concerning a cache I have placed in Costa Rica...

I try to make it short: I am from Germany and my brother lives in Costa Rica. This year I've done an internship in Costa Rica and at one of the last days before I had to return to Germany, I've placed a cache on a gorgeous location at the caribbean coastline. Later on I published it on www.geocaching.com. It would have been my second cache, so I know the guidelines pretty well.

A few weeks later I got in contact with the reviewer. He wrote this:

The issue is that, according to your profile, you live in Germany -- approximately 9300 kilometers from this cache location. Caches need to be maintained, and that may be hard to do if you live far away. If the cache disappears, gets wet or damaged, needs a new logbook, etc., you need to fix the problem in a timely manner. This is why the "Cache Maintenance" guideline mentioned above states...

Of course he's right, but I answered to him that my brother is living there and he is instructed in all this. So there is no maintenance problem, though I am here in Germany.

Now 2,5 months have passed by and I have tried several times to contact the reviewer. Both: via mail reply and with the geocaching.com web formular. I don't know the problem....anyway I do not get any reply and my cache is running the risk of being forgotten...

There is a coin in there which should travel through the world :)

Now I have 3 options in mind:

1. A geocaching.com authority is reading this thread and looks after the problem with the publishment

2. I delete this cache and ask my brother for bringing it home to me

3. Someone who is going to travel to the The Costarican Caribbean is reading this thread and would like to take at least the coin...

And finally a technical question: How can i completely delete a cache listing? (worst case)

Best regards from a disappointed and frustrated Holztroll :huh:

(sorry for my bad english)

Hi Holztroll

You need to activate the cache so the reviewer sees it again. That link is in the upper right corner of the cache page -> enable listing

And be sure and log a new Reviewer Note to the cache page xplaining that your brother is local to the cache, and can do maintenance. The more information you supply about your local maintainer, the better. Good luck!

Hi Holztroll

You need to activate the cache so the reviewer sees it again. That link is in the upper right corner of the cache page -> enable listing

And be sure and log a new Reviewer Note to the cache page xplaining that your brother is local to the cache, and can do maintenance. The more information you supply about your local maintainer, the better. Good luck!

Thanks for this quick hint, I've just followed your instructions. Let's see what happens now. :rolleyes:

Now 2,5 months have passed by and I have tried several times to contact the reviewer. Both: via mail reply and with the geocaching.com web formular. I don't know the problem....anyway I do not get any reply and my cache is running the risk of being forgotten...

palmetto's suggestion is a good one, hopefully it works! :rolleyes:

To answer specifically what you did, however, if you replied, via e-mail, to the note that was left on the cache page (since you got an e-mail copy as well), that won't go to the reviewer. There's a note at the bottom of his message that says that (I have a few that repeatedly do that and never get anywhere, no matter how many times I tell them!)

If you e-mailed him through his profile, he should have gotten it, however.

Glad to see this one closer to getting published!